[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is probably my least favorite of the 'classic'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: morrowind_031502_003.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
morrowind_031502_003.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
This game is probably my least favorite of the 'classic' WRPGs. The combat is real time but also seeks to blend in traditional RPG stats which sounds fine, but really the combat feels weightless and boring.

The majority of NPCs are not unique, and say the same BS lines...

Movement and traversal of the environment is boring and annoying because of cliff racers and same-looking enviorns.

I'd rather play Icewind or Planescape than this game any day.
>>
I respect that. I'll disagree on characters though I thought the game had very good writing and there were clear power struggles, hierarchies and political movements at work. Maybe you didn't read enough dialogue, but the time I was 4 hours in I was engrossed.

Your points are fair, I think you're thinking too fast-paced-roar-barbarians for this game. Its a very slow rpg
>>
>>334601219
Not him, but I agree with him on the writing. As I was a member of a fan translation project, I spent a lot of time reading and rereading every single line in the game. It has many good things going for it, but take out the books (just the books, not notes and such) and what remains is, well, shallow and unsatisfying. Oh it has many good moments, and some characters really shine, but good writing is spread so unevenly in the game that it's quite easy to get bored of the game while trying to find it.
>>
File: _j2a7189_0[2].jpg (34 KB, 623x640) Image search: [Google]
_j2a7189_0[2].jpg
34 KB, 623x640
>>334600843
I completely and utterly agree. Also you will get trashed by the circlejerk.
>>
>>334600843

I disagree, but I agree that Morrowind is highly overrated compared to later TES games. I enjoy all of them. But I'm a contentfag so of course stuff like TES appeals to me...
>>
>>334600843
I feel the exact same about KotOR.
>>
Isometric crpgs definitely have better gameplay than morrowind, but none of them ever made me feel as immersed as morrowind does. I enjoy them for separate reasons and don't see why anyone would compare them.
>>
>>334600843

The thing that Morrowind is remembered for is that Bethesda played to their strengths when the writing is concerned and make FOB Simulator: Japanese Hindu edition.

The quests are mostly fetch quests, but they don't treat you like the center of the universe and alot of them slowly introduce you to the various factions. Factions also lock you out depending on skills and whatnot so you're encouraged to play your Role.

The combat is shit, but the magic system is super freeform and lets you work around it and do crazy shit. Its easy to break, but rebalance mods take care of that, along with stuff like Morrowind Rebirth that just straight makes it damn hard to exploit since it gets rid fast restocking alchemy vendors.

>>334602253
Can't blame them when most Morrowind threads get shitposted to oblivion.
>>
>>334604194
>Morrowind threads get shitposted to oblivion
I see what you did there
>>
>>334602335
>highly overrated compared
It just aged like milk. Its still great. And fucking easy as hell to break... Even with graphical mods it just aged poorly.
>>
>>334600843
Gothic is better
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.