[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon's Crown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
I've been on a recent mission to grab some PS3 games for cheap that I had been meaning to play more of. I've given Dragon's Crown a try and really liked it.
I'm a big fan of side-scrolling beat-em-ups, especially with a fantasy theme. D&D: shadows over mystara is a great example.
So, how did /V/ enjoy it? Local/Online co-op pretty solid? Is each class pretty entertaining to play as?
>>
Enjoyed it a lot and played almost all classes. Dwarf and Elf were the most fun for me.
>>
First time through is fun classic beat em up, after that it turns into a lame loot game. Online is decent as long as you host and don't pick up glitched bones. Art and music is awesome of course, Dwarf and Elf are the most fun, Amazon is easiest (at least for me)
>>
I really enjoyed it plus it has cross play Vita and PS3 servers so you should find someone to play with. What kind of characters do you like in most games and I can point a class out for you.
>>
>>334600786
How long is a typical run? Is there enough afterwards to keep a few people online entertained? By comparison, we can beat that D&D game in under 2 hours and we still have fun. If this is at least longer and provides a lot, I think we will be alright.

I just want to make sure we won't be super bored if we try to run stuff more than once. Is there enough hidden stuff or variable...anything to make it worth it?
>>
>>334600786
Basically this. God-Tier cooking mini-game deserves a mention. Wish more games would take a note of that and add such a comfy tension breaker.
>>
>>334601350
It's a lot longer than two hours.
The first run is the longest, because it starts with what's basically a tutorial and you have to do a succession of quests for skill points.
The next are a lot faster because you can skip that, and for a fee you can skip quests you've done with another character and still get the skill points.
It still takes longer than two hours because you still can't gather all 9 talismans in a single run even if your previous characters left s rank lvl15 gear for you. Although if you do gather them, the ancient dragon is scaled to your level.
The level scaling also force you to go through hard then ultimate when you can because once geared enemies can't really compete anymore.
I still went through it , at least on normal, with all 6 characters, but LoC and then ToM is grinding. Take that as you will.
>>
File: 1459032142644.jpg (90 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
1459032142644.jpg
90 KB, 600x540
first run I did with a second player (they tried elf, then switched to amazon) and I stuck with wizard the whole time
fucking magical, cooking minigame is amazing, art direction is beautiful, fun and engaging gameplay
after that it becomes a bit tedious as you're playing through the same levels over and over again to fight the same bosses to get more variations of the same gear
still loads of fun but I can see myself getting tired of it soon. a little over 20 hours in.
overall I'd definitely say it's worth getting, the co-op value alone makes it worth it.
>>
>>334603234
waiting for the fucking ps4 port. It can't be that hard to get the fucking game on PSN. This is one of the games where I am pissed I sold muh PS trips
>>
>>334603476
>selling a console without the guarantee that you will be able to play all of your old games
you fool
>>
>>334601350
Just so you know, online is great but local has the shitty problem of only letting one person at a time go through menus and shops. So it takes longer to get to the next mission basically
>>
>>334601350
As far as content goes, theres nine levels with two paths each, one or two final boss fights, and an endless mode that's made up of the levels you've already played, so you're going to see a lot of the same content, especially if you want higher scores by completing as many levels as you can in one run. Some enemies do change on higher difficulties but that's about it
>>
>>334599898
The game is amazing and a spent 100 hours playing it. Online works perfectly, though i doubt many people still play it. It's still the only game I've platted.
>>
Dwarf is godly if used right. I had most fun using dwarf. Great to pick up enemies and throw it into a group of enemies to make everyone fall down like bowling pins. Dwarf is a crowd control kinda guy.
>>
File: 1459025839335.jpg (863 KB, 1100x686) Image search: [Google]
1459025839335.jpg
863 KB, 1100x686
>>
File: 7D2CNdU.jpg (694 KB, 2302x2720) Image search: [Google]
7D2CNdU.jpg
694 KB, 2302x2720
one last bump before I let this thread die a noble death
thought for sure there would be more love for this game
>>
>>334607646
This game came out years ago, there is nothing really to discuss anymore.
>>
File: 1453239570990.png (994 KB, 1500x1800) Image search: [Google]
1453239570990.png
994 KB, 1500x1800
>>334604835

Hey anon, I agree. I played a shit ton of it.

How high did you get in tower of mirages?

My zon got to level 203 and then my ps3 died.
>>
>>334608229
Vanillaware games don't have that great a lifespan unless you go for the extra content that's not necessarily very fun to do.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.