[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No man's sky.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: no-man-s-sky-53970d6b68a29.jpg (67 KB, 1178x700) Image search: [Google]
no-man-s-sky-53970d6b68a29.jpg
67 KB, 1178x700
So general consensus is:

>Minecraft without building
>spore without war elements
>only 10 diffirent layouts randomized 98 billion times
>60 dollar indie game

Is there anything nice you guys can say about it?
Honestly it looks pretty dope. It might not live up to the hype, but I can see myself putting a couple weeks into this game minimum.
>>
>>334597345
>>only 10 diffirent layouts randomized 98 billion times
This is total bull tho, They've said there are a lot more different layouts we haven't seen yet.
>>
>>334597345
Lots of content sure, but what do you actually do in the game?
>>
>>334597345
also no actual multiplayer confirmed.
>>
>>334599034
>this animal has more spots
>this same animal on a different world has tiny speckled spots
>another has big spots
>this one has stripes

Yeah, nah, this game is hot garbage.
>>
>>334599172
More like this creature doesn't have 2 legs, it has 1-10 legs.
This creature doesn't even have legs, it's flying with weird ass whatevers coming out of their whatevers.
That's a Penguin, with horns.
>>
>>334597345
The latest video of someone playing this shit made it look even worse. No wonder they have been holding on showing gameplay forever.
>>
>>334597345

use the catalog
>>
Soundtrack is made by 65daysofstatic so thats nice.
>>
>>334597345
No Man’s Sky’s universe is infinite.

You can only have one ship.

You can’t customize your ship — but you can find one that you like.

Earth is not in the game, but there may be something Earth-like.

You can play the game with your friends (although Murray’s previously said not to think of it as a multiplayer game).

You can take pictures.

You can swim underwater.

You can chop down a tree.

You can choose to be a pacifist (although that doesn’t mean you won’t get attacked).

Some planets are the size of Earth.

You might visit a “dud” planet.

You’ll have a health bar.

You can land on asteroids.

The game features black holes.

You’ll sometimes get bored playing it.

There’s no downloadable content.

You can’t select the gender of your character.

Not all planets can sustain life.

You can’t collect plants.

You can’t build a shelter.

You can’t teleport to your ship.

You can’t build a space station.

There is a shop.

There are no non-player characters.

You can’t terraform a planet.

You can’t destroy a planet.

You’ll get many objective markers.

There’s no noticeable gravity difference between planets — your suit compensates.

You can’t reach the edge of the universe. “You can go into the darkness for as long as you want.”

You can’t ride a dinosaur.
>>
>>334597345
>General Consensus

These "General Consensus'" are fucking stupid, and why would you care about the "general consensus"
>>
Procedural generated game means no resources to make an actual good game, so they let the game be created by itself. I hope it flops and nobody funds a piece of shit like this.
>>
>>334600040
>There are no non-player characters.
The fact that that's there shows that list is outdated. There are confirmed 4 races of different alien full with NPC character in forms of traders and workers.
>>
>>334600040
>You can't built a shelter
I thought this game was supposed to be minecraft but in space? Like exploration and building n shit ..
>>
>>334597345
I think the general consensus is we already have 3 fucking threads
Sage
>>
>>334600356
>Procedural generated games are not good
I bet you can't even explain why.
>>
>>334599667
>>334601078
>type in "no man's sky"
>1 post comes up

Fuck off faggots.
>>
>>334599172
Weren't there a few screenshots a while back where they showed themselves testing the creature generation algorithms?

They had a bunch of pictures of random fish, and they all looked pretty unique from each other.
>>
The leddit guys have made their own overview, it's a little more up to date
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/wiki/archive
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.