[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game have the worst story ever? Literally everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9
Does this game have the worst story ever?
Literally everything after chapter 1 is just train wreck, train wreck, train wreck till we get to pretty god final boss fight and then an irredeemably bad ending.

In think this game made Yakuza 3 and 4 which I thought had pretty shit stories look like fucking Shakespeare by comparison there wasn't even one new character I actually liked when I think about it.

Literally if there wasn't the fun sidequest stuff I would of just dropped the game.
>>
>he didn't like shinada
What a turbo faggot.

What did you find about the the story to be a "train wreck"? I thought it was mediocre at best
>>
>>334594595
It would take too long to go into detail I'm talking literally everything from the prison section up till the final boss fight here.
>>
Yeah the first chapter with Kiryu is definiely the highlight of the game. Sets a great mood but then the rest of the game shits all over it.
>>
>>334594810
Okay, so don't go into ridiculous detail, give me the main points.
>>
File: Jeremy-Renner-Chris-Evan.jpg (38 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy-Renner-Chris-Evan.jpg
38 KB, 600x400
>>334594453
This guy literally sums up me for the entire story

>To paraphrase one moment:

>Katsuya: “The reason I gathered you all here is so we can all beat each other to death. This is exactly what the architect of this conspiracy wants. If we play along with this plan he will show up, exposing his identity. The survivor is tasked with killing him.”

>Me (in real life): Wait, his plan is for you all to kill each other and you are just gonna go along with this? I mean not even pretend to fight each other but actually kill each other? For real? Even though you have no reason to fight each other? How do you even know this guy is going to show up?

>Saejima: Seems legit. Let’s get started!

>Watase: Yeah!

>Me (in real life): Wait, does no one else see how asinine this all is? No one? Really?

>Kiryuu:…you guys are all fools.

>Me (in real life): Thank God at least one of these guys see how sill-

>Kiryuu: You’re all forgetting just how starved I’ve been for a fight!

>Kiryuu tears off his shirt for battle

>Me (in real life):…
>>
File: thatfeel_4.jpg (49 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel_4.jpg
49 KB, 500x419
>>334595231
Have an example

Remember that fight at the end with the baseball guy fighting the bald guy that had no stakes or reason to happen? Then after the fight he decides he actually wants to kill himself but then all his best friends from that awful 12 long prison tutorial section show and shoot the gun out of his hand because they just happened to get out of prison to know where he was for some reason and also knew he was planning suicide somehow even though he just decided it there at that moment.

And then baseball guy says he wishes he had friends then gets call from the loneshark at that exact moment telling him about his friends?

Yeah well there are countless moments in the game that go on like this horrible travesty of writing.
>>
>>334594453

Yakuza stories were never meant to be taken THAT seriously. It's pretty convoluted and melodramatic in the same way that Metal Gear is. It's weird whenever I see people on /v/ trash it.
>>
>>334595924
I see what you mean, I just wanted to make sure you weren't talking out ass. I agree, the writing is full of shitty contrivances to get certain matchups to happen. See, the entire 4 way building fight. By far the worst one in terms of story
>>
>>334595992
Yes but the stories were never THIS bad before.
In fact for the first 2 games I was mostly pretty engrossed in the plot and wanted to know what happened next now I'm laughing and cringing at every line of dialog.
>>
>>334595992
At least before they made sense and weren't trying to be more than beat em ups about an angry nip
>>
File: superman-bald.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
superman-bald.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>334594453
>>334595446
>That roof fight

I kept thinking didn't they just do this in the last one?
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23 KB, 500x310
>>334594453
I think plotwise 3 is actually better than 5 and 4 and had a better ending and main villian
>>
>>334596925
4's plot was so convoluted that I can barely even remember what was going on, and I only played it a few months ago.
Arai's motives made the least sense of all. And the shit with Kido was retarded as fuck.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>334594453
I kept thinking in the game how people kept saying Haruka really wanted to be an idol, not only was this never mentioned in any previous game but even in this one it was clearly just something the producer woman wanted.

The game never seems to reference this in any serious way and keeps pretending this is Harukas dream when it clearly wasn't.

This is just shit writing lazy SHIT!

Never mind how you kept falling into another villian's plan every 12 seconds.
>>
File: 1424080765081.jpg (6 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1424080765081.jpg
6 KB, 250x247
>>334597105
>Police chief gives Arai a gun.
>Arai immediately double crosses him yet again by shooting him
>Police chief later on the roof
>BAHAHA THOSE WERE RUBBER BULLETS!
>Mfw this shockingly good writing and amazing twist.
>>
>>334597531
>Arai didn't even confirm the kill
>>
>>334594453
You have shit taste and are about as well read as an Albanian farmer, please never assume otherwise ever again please, it's pretty embarrassing.
>>
File: 1403397184290.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1403397184290.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>334598097
>>
>tfw don't even have the patience to finish the first Chapter
I mean it just drags on and on with the pointless busywork, and this is coming from somebody who enjoyed Yakuza 3's opening chapters.
>>
>>334598657
It gets worse
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.