[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Play doom multiplayer beta >Its fun but could use ALOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>Play doom multiplayer beta
>Its fun but could use ALOT of improvements
>Look online to see other reviews
>99% of the complaints I see are "its not UT or Quake"
>MFW arena shooters are dead anyway
>Reflex
>50 active players, 170 all time high
>UT alpha
>Just as dead
>Quake Live
>Very few player base when it was up
>Its dead now

Why should Doom multiplayer be an arena shooter when the player base for them is so low with other arena shooter?
>>
Why is the multiplayer even getting so much attention, it's clearly one of those tacked on things because every game needs to have multiplayer now
>>
>>334589406
The new Wolfenstein did plenty well without a tacked on multiplayer.
>>
>>334589406
>Why is the multiplayer even getting so much attention

Probably cause everyone assumed ' BURR HURR NEW ARENA SHOOTER"

> it's clearly one of those tacked on things because every game needs to have multiplayer now

I personally think Doom is the exception cause its the type of game that works well with multiplayer if done right.
>>
>>334589865

Yeah, because Bethesda didn't poke their noses in it.
>>
>>334589406
>clearly one of those tacked on things
Speculation. They could very well be putting most of their eggs in the multiplayer basket and leave a very lackluster singleplayer
>>
File: 1443199698169.jpg (99 KB, 420x375) Image search: [Google]
1443199698169.jpg
99 KB, 420x375
>>334589341
>Reflex
>tiny indie game in alpha with no marketing
>UT4
>crowdsourced tech demo in alpha with no marketing
>Quake Live
>16 year old game with thousands of concurrent players
>>
>>334590586
Given how fucking loud arena shooterfags are, you'd expect them to do the marketing moreso than the devs themselves, and yet there's barely 200 of them still alive today.
>>
It's a bad shooter. Full stop.
They didn't even capture the Doom atmosphere. It looks like a generic space shooter.
>>
>>334590213
>they could very well be putting all their eggs in the multiplayer basket that the studio that owns the franchise isn't working on at all

For sure.
>>
>>334589341
>Multilayer
one job
>>
>Call of Doom
>fun
>>
>>334589341
>arena shooters are dead anyway
all you've gotta do is play them
>>334589865
TNO was a modern shooter through and through, very disappointing after it seems like everybody gave it glowing reviews or even praised it as "oldschool" or "fps returning to it's roots" all lies.
>>
Reflex shooters have always been an autistic subset of the FPS community. The tourneyfags of their time. No one has ever liked them, not even their peers in the arena shooter community. It's sad really, that people base their life's worth on how twitchy they can be.
>>
>decide to make new doom game
>say the focus will be both multi and single player
>say it will be more like doom1/2 than doom3
>movement is still worse than in rage which was intended to be 100%sp game

mfw
>>
>>334589341
>multilayer

Goddamn it man
>>
>>334589341
It's almost as if people like to parrot opinions in some vain attempt to sound more knowledgeable or something.
>>
>>334593238
id wont make any good game again if the engine and physics arent curated by Carmack
>>
>>334591234
That's because DOOM has always been a generic space shooter with demons tacked on.

Before you even respond, I know you've never read Starship Troopers, but you at least have to know the effect that it had on the game's industry.
>>
They should not have added multiplayer, they should've done like Wolfenstein TNO and just focused on the campaign.
>>
Most of the complaints are that it's not Doom, after it was billed as a return to form. It's like the developers played every other FPS looking for ideas to copy and forgot to play Doom itself.
>>
>>334593060

You should really play The New Order, it's pretty good
>>
>>334593869
Bullfuckingshit. Even if the multiplayer is shallow as dog piss it's still one of the main things I'm interested in when I look at this.
>>
>>334589948
You retarded?
>>
>>334594645
He's implying Bethesda position as publisher negatively effected the way doom was made. What's wrong?
>>
File: Alot-vs-a-lot1-600x450.png (113 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Alot-vs-a-lot1-600x450.png
113 KB, 600x450
>>334589341
>>
File: 1460435629121.png (3 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460435629121.png
3 KB, 300x300
>arena shooter
>no rocket jump
dropped
>>
>>334594913
Didn't Bethesda publish TNO?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.