[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching a video >shows Rocket League gameplay >on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 20160417075853_1.jpg (709 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160417075853_1.jpg
709 KB, 1920x1080
>watching a video
>shows Rocket League gameplay
>on this weird looking Mad Max kinda stadium
>never saw this stadium before so I go into Rocket League and check it out
>first stadium I've ever seen in the game that actually has something different about it instead of being a reskin of the default one
>bowled shape of the ground make the ball roll and settle in the middle which would make the games easier to score in and go quicker, which I think is neat
>look up online about it
>apparently people hate it

Why do people hate variety? I remember the maps that are just new coats of paints receiving praise when they came out, I've been wishing the game had stadiums that offered something different since the game released.
>>
>>334587636
Play on the map testing playlist retard.
There are donut shaped maps and all kinds of shit on there.
>>
>>334588031
That's a thing?

I haven't actually touched the game in months.
>>
I really wish there was more variety in the maps too, a few new ones outside of the rocket lab ones would be neat.

The main problem I have with the map is that it shows up in ranked and is literally the only map that's different to the default one. So every so often out of nowhere you just get handed this curveball that plays slightly differently
>>
>>334588330
>So every so often out of nowhere you just get handed this curveball that plays slightly differently
So git gud then?
I'm not seeing the issue here.
>>
People love stagnation when it comes down to "competitive" games, like mobas and their one viable map.
>>
>>334589204
Is competitive rocket league actually a thing?

And one of the only things Heroes of the Storm has going for it is that they at least try to make it have different map styles, which I think adds to it's value.
>>
>>334589797
what wouldn't make it competitive?
>>
>>334587636

there is no single second where the ball is idly rolling in a game of rocket league, outside of absolute "ive only played for 5 minutes" tier games.

The shape of the map does nothing other than fuck things up slightly and please the teenage kronovi fans.
>>
>>334589797
Of course having diversity in the realm of single-map games is of value.
>>
File: piratesarps.jpg (78 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
piratesarps.jpg
78 KB, 580x326
The first game had different types of maps, one was shaped like a horseshoe and one was a football stadium where you can drive behind the goals. Oh yeah and the pirate ship which was a total mess
>>
>>334591592
Was it at least symmetrical?
>>
>>334591973
Yeah. The ends of the pirate ship are elevated and the goals are below that. Not much control when the ball flew up there
>>
>>334587636
Because it doesn't just look differently, it plays differently. Imagine telling a football team today's match will be set over a hill top when all their lives they've been playing on flat fields. Of course there would be frustration.
>>
>>334592317
I would watch football if it had playing fields like that
>>
>>334588167
So you made a thread about something that you noticed months ago?
>>
>>334592523
No I was just watching the video with that map in it earlier today.
>>
>>334587636
Bought the game on release, with only one stadium. I thought it was early access, how could it only have 1 map? Refunded on the spot.

At least they are trying something, seems like a good idea. Shame the fanbase is fucking awful.
>>
>>334587636

People have this weird impression that Rocket League is some kind of epic esports game in the making so anything not "competitive" isn't liked.

They're fucking retards, but what can you do?
>>
>>334587636
I'm all for variety and hope they add more variants to ranked playlists. But I see why people don't like them. Reasons like this >>334592317 make sense.

I think people should stop hitching and git gud though. Shouldn't be a problem if you're any decent at the game
>>
>>334592775
Rocket League easily has most tolerable fanbase out of any popular game. What are you on about?
>>
>>334593119
Fanbase can't take criticism about their game, at all. Also treating it like a competitive game instead of the party game it obviously is.
>>
>>334587636
Because no matter what you say about "getting good," if this map has a 1/10 chance of appearing, you will never get completely used to the way the ball bounces off the sides without specifically practicing it in a solo environment, and that's really hard to do because you can't just ask the game to shoot the ball in certain directions at certain speeds

It makes wall-crawls virtually useless, too, because the ball going any higher than halfway up the stadium causes it to curve inward and become virtually impossible to hit, which is irritating.
>>
>>334593295
It's bothz since it has a low skill floor but a high skill ceiling
>>
>>334593295
I'm pretty sure most people understand that it's car soccer, and not everyone is gonna buy into it.

That's what I thought at first, but playing it changed my mind. I find it fun
>>
>>334593570
I found it fun too, but not for very long. There's just not enough variety to keep it interesting.
>>
>>334587636
>>look up online about it
that was your first mistake.

giving this much of a fuck what people think,.
torrent and try the game if you want cocksucker. its worth the cash.

i got it gifted to me. thankfully.
>>
>>334593683
The variety is getting better at the game, to me. You can spend a lot of time with the game and still only be decent.
>>
>>334591592
new one has that too
well, not the ship, I think
>>
I wish they put in curveballs and car-shaped hitboxes. They didn't want them because muh consistency, but I'd at least like to try them out.
>>
>>334593295
>Fanbase can't take criticism about their game, at all.
That's literally every fanbase on /v/.

I spend a lot of time arguing with deluded fanboys on /v/ and I've never encountered one for Rocket League
>>
>>334592317
So adapt then.

If it's an established thing that NFL decided to allow a hilly course then the players better learn to play on one.
>>
>>334593789
This. You don't stop learning or getting better. Everything you learn adds a new dynamic to the game. The game plays much differently once everyone starts making air hits, again when everyone is consistent with wall hits, dribbling, off the wall clears, passing plays, etc.
>>
>>334593840
>curveballs
What do you mean?

Also what's the cube ball and the puck like?
>>
>>334592317

They don't cancel a handegg game if the wind is blowing from a non-regulation direction, and up until a few years ago some stadiums still used real turf, something that drastically changes how one runs and moves.

Learn how to adapt. Just because its competitive doesn't mean it can't have variety.
>>
>>334594246
Pretty much what you'd expect. Different shapes so different bounces. On the puck they added some extra tendency to stick to surfaces and slide, so it behaves more puck-like, rather than bouncing around the whole game
>>
>>334592317
>all their lives they've been playing on flat fields
Or a couple of months in Rocket League's case. Quite the difference.
>>
File: Curveball-pitches.gif (2 MB, 388x283) Image search: [Google]
Curveball-pitches.gif
2 MB, 388x283
>>334594246
I mean making the ball spin a lot in the air would affect the trajectory. I thought the ball occasionally had some spin at first, but it just looks like it.
>>
>>334595018
That shit's crazy.
How do they do that? I can barely hit a target that far away with a ball if I try to throw it straight.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.