[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest -- in games with a ton of in-game books to read (Skyrim,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (277 KB, 460x483) Image search: [Google]
image.png
277 KB, 460x483
Be honest -- in games with a ton of in-game books to read (Skyrim, Witcher, et al), how much do you read them?

When I was younger I would read every single one. My progression was slow as shit but I had a much deeper appreciation of the world and lore. As an adult, I just try to beat the game ASAP, never read anything, then feel empty afterwards because the world (to me) seems vague and shallow.
>>
>>334583676
No.
Reading's for nerds
>>
>>334583676

O' boy, here we go...
>>
>>334583752
>>334584208
What? Did I miss some "/v/ is illiterate" meme?
>>
>>334584409

Maybe choose a photo that won't get your thread deleted.
>>
>>334584526
>thread about books
>picture of books

Oh no, please spare me, janitor!
>>
I read every book, but Skyrim is a shit game and I got bored of everything about it and stopped playing it fairly early, so I must have read like three books there at most.
>>
>>334584680

Global Rule 15
>>
I love it. I spent about two hours reading the entire goddamn Wizard's Companion from Ni no Kuni before delving into the game, only to realize it didn't live up to the hype that the book creates. For instance there's a bunch of cool ass spells in there that aren't even used in the game.
>>
I know this is a bait thread for he who shall not be named but I want to talk about it anyway.

In Star Ocean 3, the basic premise of the game is that it combines sci-fi with a traditional Final Fantasy-type medieval setting, which means every aspect of the universe has a very in-depth scientific explanation, including magic, the mythology and gods, and the celestial conditions that lead to the creation of said mythology.

On the Final Fantasy-type planet there's a massive library that details the entire history and mythology of this fictional world and I found myself fascinated by it, and then went into the datalog and read the scientific perspective of it. There's even pages and pages explaining exactly how magic works scientifically.
>>
>>334583676
Wait a minute those books
>>
depends on how much i like the series and how good the first 5-10 books i read are. then again if the worldbuilding is crap and the game is weak i usually just quit playing

so if it's a good game i probably will take the time
>>
I read all of them, either I start at the beginning and do it as I find them, or I put them all on my backlog and then spend hours reading them all at once.
>>
I wish all mobile posters were banned.
>>
You think he'd fall for the same thing twice?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.