[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a video game ever changed you as a person? I started liking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: To_the_Moon_PosterDual.jpg (358 KB, 631x743) Image search: [Google]
To_the_Moon_PosterDual.jpg
358 KB, 631x743
Has a video game ever changed you as a person?

I started liking olives after this.
>>
Umineko VN
>>
>>334581394
You suck cocks now I presume?
>>
>>334581320
I used to be an outgoing person but after over a thousand hours in CSGO and LoL I'm a bitter misanthrope.
>>
ME3 made me permanently enjoy games less.
>>
>>334581432
I bet you think you have good taste, please dispel that notion you plebeian shitter.
>>
>>334581525
dispel your aspergers dork
>>
>>334581525
I just hope you didn't enjoy shit-eating writing in the answers arc.
>>
File: 1395698059715.jpg (22 KB, 279x284) Image search: [Google]
1395698059715.jpg
22 KB, 279x284
Pathologic helped me understand what mental strain means
>>
Undertale.

Made me more motivated, put me in better control of my emotions, and made me abandon my mentally-ill tranny ideas.
>>
>>334582012
FINALLY something good came out of that game
You did good anon
>>
>>334581525
good taste is a myth.
>>
>>334582129
/vg/utg/ is a good thing that came out of it I think.
Pretty interesting 4chan subcommunity.
>>
File: 1zgtgl0.jpg (71 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1zgtgl0.jpg
71 KB, 1024x640
>>334581320
>Has a video game ever changed you as a person?
Yeah, sure, playing games had an impact on my as a person. Games I played as a kid affected my imagination quite a lot: The aesthetics of Dune, Fallout or Morrowind affected me a lot as a kid. Hell, my own literary take on Morrowind (understand: fan-fiction) got me a youth literally awards award.
Later on, games like Silent Hill 2 or The Witcher 2 made me actually realize a thing or two about my own moral perception. It's not that they would turn me into a different person, but they gave me some valuable food for thought.
And then there were games like Pathologic or The Void that actually ignited my passion for games as a medium worth academic insights, and had an impact on me comparable to some of the best books I've read.

The overall impact that games had on my was still smaller than books, music or cinema had, but I would not dismiss them as inconsequential.
>>
File: 1395614099264.png (120 KB, 244x255) Image search: [Google]
1395614099264.png
120 KB, 244x255
Katawa Shoujo actually helped me realise i couln't give up on life at 20, made me move my ass, find a gf and start grow up as a man, it was just a little spark but it actually made me walk forward. Same thing happened years later january 2015, i was really depressed because life was hard at the time and i was hesitating, didn't know if i should start new studies at 23yo or try finding a good job for one more year, eventually at the moment i was watching that anime called Kaiji, very depressing anime but with a message that actually kicks you in the but, in the end it gave me the will to not accept being a tool at a shitty job with no future.

It's really strange that pieces of fiction can move someone's life like that

(sorry for grammar, im not britbong or burger)
>>
>>334581320
Hmm, perhaps, but not in the direct sense.

I've gained a lot of experience from quite a lot of years as a raid and guild leader during my teens, as well as playing a lot of competitive team games. It probably wasn't a direct contributor to anything, but I think it has been something of a catalyst for various developments over the years.

Games have also given me a stress-free, pseudonymous, means of interaction, and that was rather helpful in the early teens.

So, perhaps it hasn't changed me as a person, but, as any major hobby, it has been integral to my life at various points.
>>
File: 1448087114531.jpg (12 KB, 317x357) Image search: [Google]
1448087114531.jpg
12 KB, 317x357
>>334581320
>I started liking olives after this
So, what, you just got to a certain point and decided "Yeah, fucking olives man, they're pretty good"?

How does a videogame make you like food
>>
>>334583565
>Games have also given me a stress-free, pseudonymous, means of interaction, and that was rather helpful in the early teens.

This

Peoples tend to see vidya as a media for lonely bitter peoples, but actually i've never seen as much friendship blooming as on video games.
It's actually a medium where you can meet a friend's friend on the go and enjoy time with him/her without the awkward silence phases etc.
It actually gave me some pretty good IRL friends, i meet these people online, actually begin to know them as they really are because of no IRL bullshit or shyness, then when i meet them at a friend's house or so, i feel like i can talk to them without problem.
>>
>>334584653
>friends IRL

I found this too. I was always eager to meet people that I'd gotten to know online, and since some of them have been great friends. Went and met a guy in Sweden 10 years ago, and we still see each other every year. Have another friend that I met back in '03 or something, and we try to meet up every few months.

The social aspects of gaming are really underrated.
>>
File: RUSH_blaze_ok.png (1 MB, 694x1023) Image search: [Google]
RUSH_blaze_ok.png
1 MB, 694x1023
Why are autistic girls so much cooler and hotter than autistic guys?
>>
Metal Gear Solid V taught me to never be excited for anything again.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.