[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We will never get a game as good as spyro 2 again why even live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: gdfgdf.jpg (79 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gdfgdf.jpg
79 KB, 1024x768
>We will never get a game as good as spyro 2 again

why even live
>>
3 was better, felt like most of 2 was

>do this mission for an orb
>now do it again only harder

it might just be nostalgia considering 3 was the one i owned growing up
>>
>>334580436
No, its true. 3 was objectively an improvement on 2.
>>
The only redeeming factors of Spyro 2 is the beautifully designed home worlds and based Elora. Everything else pales in comparison with Spyro 3.
>>
>>334579759
poor mans banjo, who gives a shit
>>
>>334581943
>>334580436
3 had too much bullshit not playing as spyro

too many mini games, too much playing as other characters
>>
They're both amazing games and I owe much of my childhood to them.
>>
>>334582614
All these ps1 plattformers were straight up inferior to the nintendo plattformers of the same time.

I mean crash was just an inferior mix out of DKC and mario 64 too.

But to be fair nothing compares to old Rare plattformers
>>
File: spyro color theory.jpg (2 MB, 2668x2585) Image search: [Google]
spyro color theory.jpg
2 MB, 2668x2585
>>334582661
this

always thought 2 was the best balance between 1 & 3
>>
>>334582874
1 had best atmosphere
>>
>>334582970
2 and 3 were 2spoopy with the empty hub worlds.
>>
YotD is easily the best because of the extra characters. They were perfect from keeping the third game from just being a rehash of the second game.

Perfect trilogy of games where they got better and better. Credit to Insomniac for knowing when to stop.

With Ratchet I believe they built the original so that they wouldn't run out of ideas for sequels. With Spyro he's a bit limited.
>>
>>334582614
>>334582756
kys
>>
>>334579759
3 is best

but yeah
>>
1 is probably my favourite just because it had the most moments of "woah, there's an entire section of this level I didn't realize was there before"

2 had the best atmosphere.

3 was generally "2, but better" except for the new characters having pretty janky controls and plain levels
>>
>>334579759
We did.
It's called spyro 3.
It's better in fact.
>>
Super Mario 3D World was a better game. There's a reason to live.
>>
>>334583798
This, plus 1 had less mini games and felt more pure.

I need to replay 2 and 3 though. That goat woman from 2 was hot.
>>
>>334586452
She's a faun, you dork.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.