[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Overwatch actually gave a shit about having complex, inte
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: traser.jpg (48 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
traser.jpg
48 KB, 640x360
If Overwatch actually gave a shit about having complex, interesting gameplay the mobility wouldn't be a single prepackaged skill that just takes you from point A to point B, it would be a set of things. Surfing, bunnyhopping, projectile jumping, grappling hooking, skiing (tribes-esque), walljumping, etc.

But retarded console kids can't grasp any of this, so we get 'Press X to teleport away'.

Did you guys know the general consensus in neuroscience is that humans' brains evolved to their unprecedented relative size and complexity because of movement? Simply because bipedal movement is tough and you need a lot of computation to do it efficiently. That's why we have the most efficient gait in the animal kingdom and can run for longer distances than any other animal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting#Persistence_hunting_in_human_evolution

Fun fact - brains in general evolved for the sake of movement. There is a species of mollusk which has a brain. It swims through a river until it finds a rock it likes, attaches itself permanently to the rock, then digests its brain because it has no use for it any more, being immobile. https://www.ted.com/talks/daniel_wolpert_the_real_reason_for_brains?language=en -

We're the only animal that practices recreational, unconventional movement just because we enjoy experimenting with new ways to move. Dancing, it's called. And ActiBlizzard gives us a button to press that just teleports us to where our class is supposed to be. It's all about the destination, not the journey. The fleeting satisfaction of correctly placing yourself in the best location without any of the forethought, work and expertise required to get there safely and quickly.

There is nothing but the button. Press it, monkey.
>>
learn to counter tracer
>>
>>334561525
Except that there is a character who can sticky jump, and another that uses a grappling hook, so you've not only outed yourself as not playing the game, but made yourself look legally retarded at the same time. Research first, then shitpost.
>>
You sound like those SJWs, trying to police your thoughts and views as the only One Truth. Fuck off. Let the peasants have fun with their peasant game. Not like we care.
>>
>>334561823
yeah police your thoughts with actual facts. Nice reply buddy! Good content!
>>
Your whole argument was neat, but it's based on the idea that a character having the ability to teleport is somehow a bad thing.

That's just your opinion. "Remove all blinks/teleports from all games because humans evolved to move" seems silly to me.
>>
>>334561886
>actual facts
>in a fucking game
Don't play it, dumbass. I don't like it either, so I simply don't fucking play it, instead of coming to a Bhutanese imageboard to bitch and moan.
>>
>>334562091
Ok, now that you replied you can go back to paying your WoW sub and buying riot points!
>>
>>334562008
Pretty much what I meant here >>334562091
>>
>>334562008
I don't think you understand what he is saying. He is not saying to remove all teleports. He wants more mechanical movement like bunny hopping and strafe jumping. Kind of like Quake
>>
>>334562149
>playing WoW ever
I'm not the OP to be a faggot, faggot
>>
>>334562221
>he
nice try OP
>>
>>334562221
Well, it seems like OP is just going "But these games have X, why can't Overwatch have X?"

He wrote a very detailed and thoughtful argument, but I still think it's just pointless. I'm not going to go play Darksiders and complain that it doesn't have Zelda's bow and arrow or first person aiming (iirc). They're just different games. Take them as is. Overwatch looks fast enough and hectic enough from what I've seen (haven't played it yet) and there are some characters with unique movement, so I don't get what OP is on about.
>>
File: 1212.png (3 KB, 339x98) Image search: [Google]
1212.png
3 KB, 339x98
>>334562389
Mhmmm yup thats me
>>
>>334562572
Oh wow you have MSPaint. Holy shit guys he's really not the OP!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.