[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ Do you guys have any experience with "Toon-Town" ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: ToonTown.jpg (16 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
ToonTown.jpg
16 KB, 262x192
/v/ Do you guys have any experience with "Toon-Town" ?
>>
>>334561102
I wasn't young or autistic enough when it was around.

It's not still around, is it?
>>
>>334561102
I played the shit outta that as a kid.

Didn't they shut down the server not too long ago?
>>
>>334561102

I played it a long time ago. I still have a shit ton of the trading cards and newsletters in a drawer somewhere.

As much as I enjoyed it, I've never been able to get into any other MMORPG for some reason. Probably the rise of pay to win/pay to skip grinding.
>>
>tfw i played toontown while waiting for mobs in WoW back in 2006-2007
was a fun little game
>>
>>334561102
It was really fun. Actually an okay team mmorpg.
There's a version of it called Toontown Rewritten which is completely free and has all the stuff from the old game that you guys can try if you want. It's such a refreshing version of the grindfest style game. Just really cozy.
Also SUPER nostalgic if you played as a kid.
>>
>>334561102
I'm going to use Drop!
>person selects lure 10 seconds later
No
No
No
I'm going to use Drop!
No
No
No

Communication was a huge nail in the coffin from the get-go.
>>
>>334561290
2012 was the last year I recall it being up.
>>
>>334561204
Shut down in 2013, but there's Toontown Rewritten. There was also Toontown Infinite, but it closed recently.
>>
>>334561204
Probably asking because someone brought it back or something. Never played it either, though, so eh.
>>
This was shut down, but a free server called TOONTOWN rewritten was opened by some cool guys like a year ago or something.
Its pretty stable and you dont have to pay shit which is nice. Also a lot of players are vets so they know what they are doing. Although there are kids.
Its just a better game than the others in the genre and is now free so go play it nerds.
>>
The community is fucking retarded now, it's just Sound to win.

Some toons don't fucking get this and make us waste our time for hours. No reason to go back just so I can grind out my suits either.
>>
>>334561616
>Sellbot VP elevators

Bane of my small existence
>>
>>334561616
They added proper chatting with a whitelist of nonexplicit english words.
So that was fixed.
Unfortunately some people are still trash.
>>
>>334561290
Read
>>334561691
>>
File: a5e.png (1 MB, 753x1060) Image search: [Google]
a5e.png
1 MB, 753x1060
>>334561102
Toon-up less > Drop less > Trap less > Lure/Sound less
>>
Gosh, i remember when i was a kid and i went through calculating optimal plays for sound only groups, 3 sound and 1 attack, lure and 3 attacks, etc for so many combinations of cogs and just beat the living shit out of everything when people listened to me.
That was so satisfying. Beginning of minmax playing.
>>
>>334561809
>100+ Laff toon enters elevator
>swarm of 50 Laff's join
>100+ Laff immediatly exits
>this goes back and forth until the lower levels just accept that they're unwanted and all join together just to get slaughtered.

Sellbot HQ was a casual filter
>>
>>334561939
Agree with everything except TUless until TTR adds doodles. Til then, having a heal is more important than having drop. But when that comes I'm starting over with a toonupless.
>>
>>334562000
>groups
>optimization
>coordination
>Toontown

I can only dream of such a game. Only played with a single friend back when it was still around. Could never do anything with randumbs I still remember it fondly
>>
Never played the game, but we had some of the devs for rewritten at our convention last year, and someone issued a bomb threat against us because of it.
>>
I remember I used to play it all the time with my friend, and he'd have to install it and uninstall it every time he wanted to play becuase his dad didn't want him playing games the the computer for some reason.
>>
Hey, anyone know a way to use some sort of macro with toontown rewritten? Grinding is boring and i just want the good stuff. Last I looked injectors didnt work for this, though.
>>334562042
You people really fell out of the scene, didnt you? They made boarding groups so that you could screen toons before they went in the fight with you.
>>
>>334561102
I remember having a ton of alts (forgot why) and liking fishing.

Much has been forgotten since I haven't even gone through puberty back then.
>>
I played the fuck out of Toontown as a kid. I downloaded TTR a while ago, remembered how much of a grindfest it was, and haven't picked it up since. I kind of want to when I have the motivation, but it's not really fun in the early game.
>>
File: amnoob.png (129 KB, 491x256) Image search: [Google]
amnoob.png
129 KB, 491x256
Does anyone play TTR?

I started playing a few days ago, I'm surprised it's still kinda fun 10 years later.
>>
God I almost forgot about this game. In hindsight it was fucking stupid but as a kid it was fun as hell. So much nostalgia.
>Going into elevator queue then jumping out at the last second as on guy goes up alone
>>
I'll never forget those commercials they had on TV constantly. Such low quality made them stand out.
>>
File: your not all that.jpg (14 KB, 404x245) Image search: [Google]
your not all that.jpg
14 KB, 404x245
>>334561102
Mostly played it as a kid.

And fucked around with some people on /v/ with it. Probably the best times I had with it.
>>
>>334561578
>>334561691
>>334561748

Thank you anons, I'm gonna have to look into this

>>334563870
I hate you, I remember that happening to me so many times
>>
Yes

And i dabbled with TTR, and i'm gonna play Pirates of the Caribbean online for the nostalgia bonus when its out.

But lets be real, its sound to win. I remember in the original TT i was a soundless as a kid and i got shunned by everyone. Yet i was the only one who knew what to do once the sound ran out, dumb idiots.
>>
Did anyone get the newsletter back in the early days? I remember it coming with cards and shit. It was awesome.
>>
>>334561102

was a pretty good game at the time

had a lot of bugs that lead to some neat things you could do in the dungeons like skipping segments by scaling walls

wizardry 101 is pretty much the same game but a bit less fun if youre wondering what it was like
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.