[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out of Divinity: Original Sin Dragon Age Inquisition Pillar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 16
File: crpg.png (2 MB, 1366x1014) Image search: [Google]
crpg.png
2 MB, 1366x1014
Out of

Divinity: Original Sin
Dragon Age Inquisition
Pillars of Eternity

Which would you say is the best game?

http://strawpoll.me/7394084
>>
Age of Decadence
>>
>>334544309
I've played 2 hours of each

Divinity
>>
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
>>
Divinity and it's not even a contest.

Dragon Age 3 is complete trash and shouldn't even be mentioned.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0zU5dOl_8
>>
>>334546621
i like dragon age and am currently playing it. The multiplayer too.
>>
I want to say Pillars, but Divinity for sure. Can't wait for the sequel.
>>
>>334544309
I finally have all three. Was a huge fan of the original dragon age, but I saw the train wreck that 2 was from a mile away.

Loved Divinity Original sin.
Liked Pillars of Eternity (story was good. Combat was ok, but quickly got tedious)

Haven't played Inquisition yet. What are my chances that I'll actually like it?
>>
>>334549263
30%
>>
>>334549263
It's a controller based Arpg bro.

Literally a single player mmo.

Pillars is best because obsidian writing will never not make me cream.
>>
>>334544309
Divinity clearly

Inquisition is an abortion, essentially its an mmo that gets you going to collect random shit across huge spaces but gies you no way of healing so you have to keep going back n forward across huge spaces to camps to replenish your potions, the quests are kill gather go to and there arent even quest givers, most quests are given by objects, there are no consquecnes to anything ,hamfisted gay shit, pointless loot , loot that is like 5 levels above you. Respawning enemies, combat comes down to spam 123 ,etc

Pillars design wise is the most convoluted and atrocious thing ive ever seen, all the other aspects of the game s seem to be dumbed down to pander to retards, there are too many pop culture references, backer NPCs everywhere that add nothing but break all immersion, the story doesnt make sense at all, characters are bland and unoriginal except for grieving mother, they could all fit in any setting except for her.

Divinity is an actual game but a poor RPG. I hope they improve the cohesion and RPG aspect of hte game in the sequel, if they do it should be Goat
>>
Underrail
>>
Div: OS >>>>>>>>>>>> PoE

I didn't play CIsquisition
>>
DAI is better than Witcher 3 purely on a gameplay basis.

Fight me.
>>
>>334546621
I enjoyed the game but I can agree with this. Its such a fucking timesink to do anything in that game.
>>
>>334552163
Well. I can't.
The gameplay in Dragon Age Inquisitiom was probably the strongest point up until you figured out how ridiculously OP Knight Enchanter's are.
>>
>>334551343
pretty spot on i'd say divinity was mediocre more because its an rpg that doesn't take itself seriously with fuck all in terms of motivation to continue
>>
>>334551343
>Divinity is an actual game
Also it was kinda all over the place and since it was semi instanced but open ended at the same time it kinda fell flat in a lot of areas

Its like one of those flawed games people like
>>
Divinity has the best combat system but Pillars is better overall.
Inquisition is straight up trash and shouldn't even be in this discussion.
>>
>>334551343
I agree with you on the backer NPC stuff but where were these pop culture references?

The story made perfect sense if you paid attention to how reincarnation and godhood worked in the setting. Grieving Mother was good but Durance, Eder, and Hiravias were too.

The real issue with the game was how hard it tried to not be Baldur's Gate while still holding on to too many DnD vestiges like the class options and stat system. Certain race/class/background options got way more love than others and even then still didn't influence dialogue enough. And locking roleplay options behind hard stat values in a game that encourages minmaxing was really stupid. Not to mention that linking might to all forms of damage and healing really killed attribute build variety.
>>
>>334554242
>makes perfect sense
>You casually get awakened , if this event hadnt happened the world would be fucked
>none of the gods decided to do anything to stop the other god who was violating the rules
>The priest retard made a bomb with 7 souls yet it takes millions of souls to empower a god
>It doesnt explain how souls are created so the babies born dead would have been fixed anyways
>In the end of the game most of hte options end with the death of the souls
>There are no gods, yet there are, they are just man made
>The goddess of justice is the one that actually goes against all the principles of justice
>Society would somehow collapse from finding out gods dont exist
>as if people would belive an awakened who has literally 0 Proof
>The dryads inthe elven village knew what was going on yet didnt say shit
>if you wanted to reveal the truth anywys you wouldnt be able to get out of the hole without the help of the gods so good luck
>You being awakaened isnt resolved in any way
>In fact all you wanted is fix that and you get dragged into everything else you dont give 2 flying fucks about
ETC
>>
Divinity
>>
>>334555913
>Awakening works like powerful Deja Vu. Your encounter with Thaos and the machine awakened you because it was similar to events in your past life.
>Using a mortal to do you bidding doesn't violate the rules, this is why each god tries to strike a bargin with you in Council of Stars.
>They weren't the only souls to go into the bomb. And the exact design of the Godhammer isn't specified.
>Hirivas's companion quest explains that souls can split, eventually becoming their own beings.
>Only one of the 7 endings destroys the souls outright. Most return them to the cycle of reincarnation in some way and the other feeds them to Wodeca.
>The god's power was never called into question. Only their legitimacy. They are definitely gods, just not ones worth worshiping.
>The Goddess of Justice is just that and only that. She is not tied to any specific morality, just unthinking uncaring JUSTICE.
>Only Thaos believes that society would collapse from finding out the gods are fake. He's also a fanatical terrorist. The entire point of the Inquisition was that his bullshit worldview was loosing ground.
>Nobody really does believe you. Even if you have a reputation for absolute honest they still aren't totally convinced of the things you say at the animancy hearing. Even your companions think you're a nutjob at first.
>Thaos invading the ruin was common knowledge. Even random townies were talking about it. Everyone is just too caught up in petty bullshit to do do anything about it.
>Yes you needed the help of the gods to survive the decent. How is this negative?
>Your awakening is resolved by fully recovering the memory of your past life. Maerwalds insanity can be attributed to a partial awakening like what your character suffers until killing Thaos.
>You don't actually have to do any side content to complete the story. How much you care about any of it is up to you as a player.
Did we play the same game?
>>
File: 1432220653076.jpg (32 KB, 470x400) Image search: [Google]
1432220653076.jpg
32 KB, 470x400
>>334544309
Original Sin by a country mile.

>that OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoTVxjLlypk
>>
>>334555913
>>334557591
>Think someone is confused about the plot
>They're actually 100% familiar with it, just autistic and retarded in how nitpicky they are
Every time.
>>
They are all shit
>>
>>334546306
"No."
>>
>>334557660
Hanging out in Cyseal was great. if there's one thing I wish they could have had more budget for, it would be developing all the little towns more so that there's stuff to do and they don't just get discarded after a short plot section
>>
>>334557724
He claimed that it didn't make sense but every supposed plot hole he highlights is specifically addressed in the game.

Pillars has plenty of problems but story consistency isn't one of them.
>>
>>334557660
Fucking this. Pillars of Boredom and Faggot Age Ciscucksition don't come anywhere close
>>
I never went passed the part in Divinity with the trolls and that big spider and the wind that slows you.

Did I miss much stopping there?
>>
Divinity is good, but not great.
DA:Inquisition is absolute wretched. Even worse than Dragon Age 2.
Pillars is alright? I mean, it isn't fun, but it's not bad either.
>>
>>334558413
you played 1/2 to 2/3 of the game if memory serves. there's definitely some cool stuff you missed, but if you didn't enjoy the first half of the game I imagine you wouldn't enjoy the rest either
>>
>>334557591
>>Awakening works like powerful Deja Vu. Your encounter with Thaos and the machine awakened
Which happens by sheer coincidence, has this not happened the world would be fucked and then again its also a gigantic coincidence that you were part of all that long ago, theres no destiny bullshit ni the game

>Using a mortal to do you bidding doesn't violate the rules, this is why each god tries to strike a bargin with you in Council of Stars.
Shes been doing it for years and yet they chosoe you, they could have chosen anyone, they could have broken the pact and killed her, its 7 v 1, im pretty sure theres a rule that forbids a god from becoming stronger htan the rest

>>They weren't the only souls to go into the bomb. And the exact design of the Godhammer isn't specified.
>O look bullshit that doesnt make sense, its ok because they dont specify the bullshit

>Only one of the 7 endings destroys the souls outright. Most return them to the cycle of reincarnation
All of them but 1 end up in the void ,o r frozen, or are eaten or whatever
>The god's power was never called into question. Only their legitimacy. They are definitely gods, just not ones worth worshiping
They LITERALLY SAY GODS DONT EXIST

>The Goddess of Justice is just that and only that. She is not tied to any specific morality, just unthinking uncaring JUSTICE.
Justice to what? Nothing makes sense , she even would choose you over the other dude after you murdered her entire cult

>Only Thaos believes that society would collapse from finding out the gods are fake. He's also a fanatical terrorist .
Source? Surely the gods would care people keep doing what they say ,thats why they fucking became gods in the first place

>Nobody really does believe you. Even if you have a reputation for absolute honest they still aren't totally convinced of the things you say at the animancy hearing.
Exactly, why the fuck do you argue for 10 minutes about telling the truth its stupid
>>
File: 1435903739348.webm (3 MB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
1435903739348.webm
3 MB, 896x504
>>
>>334558585
>Thaos invading the ruin was common knowledge. Even random townies were talking about it. Everyone is just too caught up in petty bullshit to do do anything about it.
Of course, they dont care the dude is about to give total control over their lives to one sole god who can do whatever the fuck it wants, the other gods also wouldnt tell the elves to kill the fuck out of the villain or make it as hard as possible for him to continue

>Yes you needed the help of the gods to survive the decent. How is this negative?
How the fuck do you get out of you want to tell the truth which goes against their interests?

>Your awakening is resolved by fully recovering the memory of your past life. Maerwalds insanity can be attributed to a partial awakening like what your character suffers until killing Thaos.
It doesnt. When this happens you go mad, thats exactly what the main character is trying to prevent, holy shit dude, did you even play the game

>You don't actually have to do any side content to complete the story. How much you care about any of it is up to you as a player.
You dont even need to go fucking fight the villain, all you want is to stop the awakening, not save the world, you have 0 reasons to do anything in the game. Killing the villain and freeing the souls does fuck all
>>
File: 1435906381796.webm (1 MB, 1280x698) Image search: [Google]
1435906381796.webm
1 MB, 1280x698
>>
>>334558817
what the everloving kek
>>
>>334558550
Actually, I did enjoy it. A lot. But other things came up and I didn't have any more time for video games.

If I missed some cool things then I might have to download it again when I'm done with MHX.
>>
File: 1435906655902.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435906655902.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>334558983
Not serious spoilers-
I wasn't thrilled with the overarching plot and kind of resented the way it slowly ramped up into world-ending shenanigans, I preferred the lower level travelling from place to place and scraping by stuff, but travelling all over reality at least presented a handful of interesting locations
>>
Divinity, it's not even a contest.

The game is fucking fun and I love how original the combat is, with the environmental combos and you can throw shit on people, it's great. And I love the music (RIP Kirill) and dialogue, which isn't surprising because Larian is known for its godlike writing.
>>
Does /v/ still rate Josh Sawyer?
>>
File: muh dragons.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
muh dragons.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>334559358
>Larian
>godlike writing
Pillars of Eternity is barely above mediocrity by CRPG standards, but compared to Divinity: Original Sin, it's fucking Tolstoy
Even fucking Dragon Age Cisquisition is better written than Divinity: Original Sin

D:OS is a good game, but for the love of god, let's not pretend writing or story is one of its strengths. It's literally /r/eddit-tier writing.
>>
>>334558585
Iovara specifically mentions that bound souls like yours and Thaos' is a seek each other out. She tells you that you've likely run into Thaos in many of your past lives.

There's no rules outright to prevent them from becoming too powerful. Only from directly interfering. Eothas was killed for violating this. And Thaos is an anomaly because he's a moral agent but retains his memory across lives. He's basicly a living loophole.

Are the specifics of the Godhammer really that important? We know that whatever Magran did to make the thing was clearly out of bounds. This is why she ensured that everyone who had a hand in its creation was killed to prevent the truth from getting out.

Only the entropy ending destorys them and Wodeca ending has them consumed. The others return them to the cycle of reincarnation.

They state that Gods as in "creators of the universe" don't exist. Nobody knows who created the world or the cycle not even these pretender gods. Nonetheless the powers they command qualify them as gods because nothing can stand against them aside from another god.

She's the goddess of order to an absolute fault. That's the entire reason she's content to hide the truth of the gods from mortals. She believes that order and stability is worth the cost no matter what.

The entire Iovara/Thaos plotline was their disagreement about society surviving after knowing the truth of the gods.

Your reputation has an effect on your ability to convince the Duc about the legitimacy of your claims about the leaden key gaslighting animancy. And they laugh you out of the room if you bring no proof aside from "muh visions."
>>
>>334544309
Gameplay wise? Divinity, not even close
Writing wise? PoE, again not even a contest.
>>
>>334560589
>Iovara specifically mentions that bound souls like yours and Thaos' is a seek each other out.
and you've awoken only once

and you've only rememberd one specific life and if this is the case how come there are no special relationships between people across the world given they were being reborn for thosuands of years?

>There's no rules outright to prevent them from becoming too powerful. Only from directly interfering. Eothas was killed for violating this.
So they banded together and weakened her but wouldnt do shit when she is about to become so powerful she would kill them all breaking all rules in the process?

>Are the specifics of the Godhammer really that important?
Well theres ac character whose sole purpose is to tell you about it so yes

>They state that Gods as in "creators of the universe" don't exist. Nobody knows who created the world or the cycle not even these pretender gods. Nonetheless the powers they command qualify them as gods because nothing can stand against them aside from another god.
no no. They say GODS DONT EXIST, they dont say they are man made gods, they said GODS dont exist

>She's the goddess of order to an absolute fault. That's the entire reason she's content to hide the truth of the gods from mortals. She believes that order and stability is worth the cost no matter what.
What order and stability, how having 1 dude reign each aspect of existence isnt balanced? What is her definition of balance?

>The entire Iovara/Thaos plotline was their disagreement about society surviving after knowing the truth of the gods.
That isnt a source. The game says specifically that they made the gods because they found out there were no gods.

>Your reputation has an effect on your ability to convince the Duc about the legitimacy of your claims about
No. Thats 1 thing, you had to gather other shit and get people to vouch for you and evfen then you claimed that, you didnt claim gods dont exist
>>
>>334544309
Divinity for sure even though the main story was weak it's still better than the other two games in terms of quests and combat and arguably story because neither of the three had good stories.
>>
Divinity Original Sin has good writing. Stop taking it seriously you stupid neckbeards, not every crpg has to have a dark tone and a mega serious plot. Divinity's story is a fun adventure with a solid layer of depth and that's all it needs to be.
>>
I think some of the critiques here are too harsh.

If you enjoyed Origins as I did, and I loved it, then DAI is a must-play for the story. There are instances where I felt it was either melodramatic, incomplete or cringeworthy, or a combination of those (the treatment of the Wardens in particular) but it was not a terrible experience overall. Morrigan's scenes are the best in the game.

As for combat: it's fun and challenging (I only ever play on the hardest difficulty - "Nightmare" - in DA games and it's just right) if you like action RPGs with well balanced classes that make all of them worth trying (everything becomes pretty OP by end game though).

My main issues with the game: annoying as hell sidequests that are mandatory for main story progression. It's less painful to deal with if you don't mind exploring or generally putting time into the game, but I like efficiency and this system is NOT efficient. In addition, DAI is not spared from typical Bioware issues that plague all of their games like piss poor animations, frequent bugs, meaningless dialogue tree, constant "choices that matter(tm)" nonsense that distract more than immerse any sane player, and LGBT pandering.

As I said at the beginning, it's worth playing if you care for the Origins lore at all, but realize it's not a perfect game, or even a great game. It's like a soft and slow transition game to move away from DA2 and back toward Origins.
>>
>>334562651
>at make all of them worth trying
ALL OF THEM HAVE THE EXAC Tsame ATTACKS

ITS LITERALLY 1 2 3

Enemies have so muhc HP you dont even bother to use any CC or anything as it would use up the resources you need to deal damage
>>
I don't know about the other games but Pillars could have been better. A lot of wasted potential.
>>
Divinity's biggest flaw for me was itemization and lackluster companions. I enjoyed Bairdotr but the warrior chick and the mage were terrible. The shitty Diablo style itemization meant you replace your equipment all the time for a 3% increase in damage instead of having actually good and unique gear you stick with for a while like BG2. That said the combat is great and the quests were neat and encouraged creativity.
>>
File: CJ2QVG9l.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
CJ2QVG9l.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
>>334559848
I rate him a balance out of ten
>>
>>334561868
>no no. They say GODS DONT EXIST, they dont say they are man made gods, they said GODS dont exist
You're arguing retarded semantics here. This is like an autistic sperg crying that Nietzsche said "God is dead" which must mean he believed God was alive at some point.

That basically applies to every sentence you've made in this thread, too. Retarded nitpicking that make you come across as the ultimate autismo. Sawyerino would be proud.
>>
>>334562748
They don't have the same attacks unless you mean the autoattack when you have no mana/stamina to do anything else.

CC is important and you don't have to sacrifice damage to incorporate into your play. Example: the almighty Winter's Grasp, Ice Mine, Full Draw, Pull of Abyss.

I agree that CC feels considerably less important than in Origins, but it's not neglected here. Some sacrifices had to be made to speed up the combat, for better or worse.

I have played Mage and Rogue extensively, and the options are diverse and interesting enough to warrant experimenting with different classes to suit your style. That's all I'm saying. Archer Artificer plays very differently from Knight Enchanter.
>>
>>334551343
How is it a poor RPG? How in your right mind can you say something like that when the game has so many great systems and options?
>>
>>334563132
>There are beings that call themselves gods
>and have pretty much meet everything requirement to be considered gods
>GODS DONT EXIST
>Semantics
>Doesnt even consider they could be considered legitimately gods
If its semantics then you are admitting its poorly written, which it is. Its borderlines nonesensical
>>
>>334563264
>story is utterly simplistic
>Main plot doesn't drag the game forwards
>The writing is pretty bland and its kinda directionless, its not funny, its not clicheish like nwn 2, its not serious, its not philosophical, its not nothing
>The companions are ok but the dialogs arent natural and they go to balls deep into their quirks, if they hate drinking juice theyll make it sure to let you know in every dialog
>Most quests aren't really interconnected with each other the plot or the setting, they are this little side things you do that are completely self contained in this tiny corner of hte map
>Theres not that much cohesion in between the 3 acts nor a transition the games has
>They tried too hard to make it as open and non linear as possible which resulted in the quest being kinda all over the place
>There are no recurrent characters or locations beyond the mage and the imp, the world doesnt feel fleshed up
>some times the dialog options give you stuff you dont want to pick that goes against stuff in previous dialogs
Divinity is like one of those flawed games that you say this game has so muhc potential

I hope they improve with the sequel

I also hope they remove the quest markers. I just played the ehanced edition ( i had completed the original) and it really killed the game and sense of adventuring
>>
>>334564000
>>334563262
ups
>>
>>334563264
Except its not poorly written. You apparently just lack reading comprehension.

The character Iovara outright states that they qualify as gods in every aspect except for the fact they're manmade and had no hand in creating the world.

The only reason they exist is because Thaos and friends thought that atheism was completely anathema to a functioning society and thus it justified creating gods and essentially rewriting history to legitimize them.
>>
>>334564139
YOU ARE SPEAKING WITH THAOS

AT THE PIT THING

AND YOU ARE SAYING

GODS DONT EXIST

NO THEY ARE NOT REAL GODS

OR SIMILAR

ITS POORLY WRITTEN

IF THAT WAS NOT THE FINAL BOSS I WOULD HAVE TURNED OFF THE GAME
>>
>>334560048
This. Yeah, Divinity games were always lighthearted and funny, but they dropped the ball in writing quality for DOS regardless. It's almost as if they let interns write the game while everyone else was busy on the systems. We already know they threw Dragon Commander under the bus to focus more on DOS, for example.
>>
>>334562651
>If you enjoyed Origins as I did, and I loved it, then DAI is a must-play for the story.

I disagree emphatically. Problem with DAI is that it does nothing with its Dragon Age roots and you can tell they struggled with tying it all together while making callbacks to previous games.
>>
File: carousel-officialsite.jpg (129 KB, 880x400) Image search: [Google]
carousel-officialsite.jpg
129 KB, 880x400
>>334563014
>dat feel when he apparently got promoted to director lead after PoE

No game is safe from Sawyer now, not even Tyranny where he wasn't involved whatsoever.
>>
>>334563014
he just wants to make darklands 2, sequel to his favorite game
>>
>>334564254
That is referring to the gods as their society understands them. Gods as omnipotent creators of the universe don't exist as far as anybody knows.

But the gods that the Enwithans made absolutely exist, even if they're unworthy of the title.
>>
>>334564881
No

as referring as

Dont exist

Because its poorly written

No one even read the script before sending it to the voice actors

You are talking like they dont exist as we understand the gods like the christian god doesnt exist

But in the game there are beings that actually exist and fill every number in the bill of god hood
>>
>>334565050
>>334565050
>But in the game there are beings that actually exist and fill every number in the bill of god hood
Yes and they are manmade, had nothing to do with creating reality, and do nothing to maintain it. They were created solely to give people something to believe in because the people that made them thought that society couldn't not exist without gods.
>>
>>334565262
Yes they fucking do

They fucking control whatever its in their realm

There are even goldlikes who can fucking manipulate the realm they belong to
>>
>>334565363
Any way in which they affect reality could be replicated by mortals. That was why Thaos saw animancy as a threat and worked so hard to discredit it. It is literally the power of the gods.

These gods are pretenders to the title and their abilities are far more limited than mortals give them credit for. Why do you think they always have to get mortals to do their bidding for them? Because they aren't omnipotent.
>>
>>334565781
>Any way in which they affect reality could be replicated by mortals. That was why Thaos saw animancy as a threat and worked so hard to discredit it. It is literally the power of the gods.
He didnt saw it as a threat, he just blamed the soul thing on animancy

Thats all the game says about it

This would be the case if in the final act they had said the current gods were created via animancy or a similar art but no because its atrociously written

Its like a bunch of different dudes wrote different bits of the game without consulting each other and then glued it up
>>
>>334544309
Why the fuck do we even need a poll?

It's obviously
1. Dinvinity
2. PoE
shit DA:I
>>
>>334566047
>He didnt saw it as a threat
This is completely wrong. Animancy was a threat to his plan because it leveled the playing field between mortals and his manufactured gods. His entire plan hinged on making it so that mortals forever lacked the ability to compete with them and would always see them as legitimate gods.
>>
>>334566234
>This is completely wrong. Animancy was a threat to his plan because it leveled the playing field between mortals and his manufactured gods. His entire plan hinged on making it so that mortals forever lacked the ability to compete with them and would always see them as legitimate gods.
No

THE GAME SAYS

THE FUCKING GAME SAYS NOT ME

HE BLAMED THE SOUL MISSING ON ANIMANCY

Thats all the GAME says

PERIOD
>>
>>334566427
You mean the Legacy? His plan was to pin responsibility for the Legacy on animancy to discredit it. Thaos knows that it has nothing to do with it because he's the one behind it.
>>
>>334558817
Ahhh gotta love that "quality" bioware animation.

Budget Japanese games on the PS2 have better animation than this shit.
>>
>>334566723
Exactly

Not what you said it was in your previous post

Stop arguing

PoEs plot is nonesensical
>>
>>334566842
They're seriously almost as bad as Bethesda which can at least get away without carefully choreographed cutscenes because of the nature of their games. Bioware doesn't have such luck so it's all in the forefront.
>>
>>334544309
D:OS
>>
>>334566896
No it's exactly what I said in the previous post. He was trying to discredit it so that mortals would never use it to advance to the point where they could challenge his manmade gods.
>>
>>334544309
How is Divinity winning the poll?
>>
File: Irving_image.jpg (81 KB, 1038x647) Image search: [Google]
Irving_image.jpg
81 KB, 1038x647
>>334566842
I like how both previous games had better beards than DAI. Shitty beards made dwarves unplayable.
>>
>>334567103
He never said that in game not e ven hinted it

He was using it as a facade to hid the fact he was funneling all the souls into the machine for woedica

he needed to keep the secret of the ruins thing hidden

Thats ALL THE GAME Says

Stop making up shit the GAME doesnt say
>>
>>334567184
It was a big success.
>>
>>334544309
Shall we cringe together?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsxE0dwLICU
>>
>>334567223
It EXPLICITLY states that the secret he was trying hide was the fact that the gods weren't real because he believed that if people knew the truth it would undermine mortal society. The machine was only one part of his plan.

You are absolutely wrong.
>>
File: 1435817627361.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1435817627361.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>tfw chris avellone dumped obsidian for larian, and is now on the writing team for divinity: original sin 2
>>
>>334566842
>Budget Japanese games on the PS2 have better animation than this shit.

From what I understand that's because Asian work process is different. For example, rigger and animator are a single job over there so a guy who creates skeletons for models also knows how to animate them the best.
>>
>>334567415
Why are the comments so polarizing? Half of them say it's beautiful and amazing while the other half say it's stupid and awkward.
>>
>>334567778
because half of them are bioware fans and other half is not retarded
>>
>>334567532
he's not with them, he is just doing freelance writing work for them.
avellone realized he could make big money and work on many passion projects by being a living kickstarter goal.
>>
>>334567778
Because half of them are correct and the other half are bioware cocksmokers.
>>
>>334567906
And because he apparently did jack shit at Obsidian days.

>projects cancelled
>content contributions cut
Seriously, he had enough free time to freelance, sometimes literally for free, while still working for Obsidian. That tells you little work he must've been allocated over there.
>>
>>334567778
a lot of them are the normie casual rpg audience that the game appeals to
>>
>>334567778
>>334567948
EA is notorious for contracting viral marketing firms to seed social media with positive comments about their games.
>>
>>334567906
sounds great because he can fully contribute to plenty of games and not be held down by obsidian
>>
>>334568112
And the cult of personality surrounding him won't kill projects that don't meet his approval at Obsidian.
>>
>>334567474
>It EXPLICITLY states that the secret he was trying hide was the fact that the gods weren't real because he believed that if people knew the truth it would undermine mortal society. The machine was only one part of his plan.
IT EXPLICITY NEVER SAID That animancy was going to discover that fact

Stop arguing

And go play teh game

It seems you havent

>>334567778
Because this site and all major sites are full of shills paid to prize whatever game

Look at the dude dending PoE's plot

He gave up on everything before but he keeps arguing to try to have the last word, thats a classic shill tactic, they think that people only read hte last part but in 4chan you can easily check the whole conversation so it doesnt make sense to do so but he keeps going at it
>>
>>334544309
Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut
>>
>>334544309
I'd honestly replace DAI with either Shadowrun: Hong Kong or Wasteland 2, latter of which gets way too much shit.
>>
>>334567532
Did he ever say why he left?
Was that supposed twitter breakdown real?
>>
>>334544309
>inquisition won goty in 2014
truly dark times
>>
>>334568360
i recall reading an interview where he said a lot of the times he was fiddling his thumbs not doing much in the company because certain positions were already filled.
avellone has said he doesn't care how much money he made, just that he wanted to work on stuff that was of interest to him and in a rigid company environment there wasn't much he could get his hands on.
i think he also stated he'd be up for writing for obsidian any time, so seemingly no bad blood.
>>
>>334568360
I'd imagine not considering he's probably under contract NDA.
>>
>>334568297
>He gave up on everything before but he keeps arguing to try to have the last word, thats a classic shill tactic
Holy shit you are delusional or functionally retarded. You apparently only read (or understood) half the plot of the game but feel like that qualifies you to judge its merit.
>>
poe is honestly the only one worth even talking about

DAI is biotrash and divinity is a nice editor that just happens to be bundled in with a teenager's first DnD campaign to show you how it works.
>>
>>334568774
>divinity is a nice editor that just happens to be bundled in with a teenager's first DnD campaign to show you how it works.

Have people actually DONE anything with DOS' editor? I don't hear anything about modding.
>>
>>334568297
>IT EXPLICITY NEVER SAID That animancy was going to discover that fact
If it wasn't outright said, it was heavily implied, and obvious to anyone who had more than two braincells.

You're retarded. Divinity: Original Sin is clearly more suited to you with its plebbit tier humor.
>>
>these two fucking autists arguing throughout the thread

Jesus. Just fuck already.
>>
>>334569079
I feel bad for the dude defending Pillars, he's arguing with a stubborn retard that has the comprehension skills of a 12 year old at best
>>
>>334569023
>>334568694
Kill yourself samefag shill faggot

It itsnt said

it isnt implied

HE ACTUALLY SAID HE DID IT TO HIDE THE FACT HE WAS USING THE RUINS THINGS

KILL YOURSELF
>>
File: samefag.png (6 KB, 313x88) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
6 KB, 313x88
>>334569409
I honestly just feel sorry for you. You are really fucking stupid.
>>
>>334569179
Yeah I knew he had a couple extra chromosomes from his first post. I was mostly just trying to get any kind of discussion about the actual games going rather than this turning out to be yet another fanboy thread.

For all the bitching people do about the quality of content on /v/ nobody actually ever wants to say anything that doesn't read like a metacritic/steam meme review.
>>
File: samfeag.png (6 KB, 306x90) Image search: [Google]
samfeag.png
6 KB, 306x90
>>334569491
You dont even know how 4chan works

Kill yourself
>>
>>334569409
Why the fuck do you think he made a chaotic scene at the animancy asylum, made machines that suck souls in and blamed them on animancy and killed the duc while possessing a fucking animancer right in a debate about animancy?

And what the fuck do you think the Engwithians created the gods with? Know the answer, you damn retard? ANIMANCY.

Even if Thaos didn't outright say "I hate people studying animancy because they might find out the nature of the gods with enough time", anyone with a fucking brain would be able to correlate these things together.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>334569657
>That terribly done photoshop
Yeah, now imagine me doing a photoshop that is actually good and doesn't look fake as fuck in the space of a minute.
I know it hurts to realize that there are multiple people here calling you out on your retardation, but you're gonna have to learn about it one way or another, kid.
>>
>>334569769
>Why the fuck do you think he made a chaotic scene at the animancy asylum, made machines that suck souls in and blamed them on animancy and killed the duc while possessing a fucking animancer right in a debate about animancy?
BECAUSE YOU WERE GOING TO TELL THEM IT WAS THE MACHINE AND THAT HTAOS WAS BEHIND IT ALL

>And what the fuck do you think the Engwithians created the gods with? Know the answer, you damn retard? ANIMANCY.
IT ISNT SAID

>Even if Thaos didn't outright say "I hate people studying animancy because they might find out the nature of the gods with enough time", anyone with a fucking brain would be able to correlate these things together.
HE NEVER SAID, HE NEVER SUGGESTED, HE NEVER IMPLIED, HE DIDNT EVEN TRY TO DESTROY ANIMANCY ITSELF, IT WAS MORE LIKE A SIDE PROJECT

ONCE WOEDICA CAME TO POWER WHAT THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO DO?
>>
Original Sin by far
>>
Is Divinity Original Sin really better than Pillars of Eternity?
>>
File: laugh.jpg (15 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
15 KB, 413x395
>>334570038
>IT ISNT SAID
Yes it is, actually. You see the flashback to the Engwithians together as the machine sucks in their souls to form a god.

>HE DIDNT EVEN TRY TO DESTROY ANIMANCY ITSELF
Pfhahahahaha, you're such a fucking retard

>WHY DID THE BABYLONIANS BURN BOOKS? WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST DESTROY KNOWLEDGE ITSELF?
>>
>>334570198
The combat in Divinity is much better, much more fun and dynamic, but Pillars of Eternity is overall a better RPG.
>>
>>334570206
>You see the flashback to the Engwithians together as the machine sucks in their souls to form a god.
NO you dont

>Pfhahahahaha, you're such a fucking retard
Nice non argument

he could at any moment go posses or get the top animancers killed or make them do something that would get the entirety of humanity against them

but NO

And then again

What would it matter once woedica came to power?
>>
>>334568987
D:OS' editor is powerful but it's also retarded to work with because of the bugs. I've heard stories of it corrupting entire mods and the game itself when people first started tinkering with it.
>>
>>334544309
Out of those 3? Divinity, by a small landslide. A minor avalanche.

What is Inquisition even doing there? It's not a good videogame and it doesn't even have a good story, it's a bunch of rejects wanking off.
>>
>>334570353
>he could at any moment go posses or get the top animancers killed or make them do something that would get the entirety of humanity against them
This is exactly what he did at the hearing.

How the fuck did you even figure out how to instal the game?
>>
>>334544309
>You actually included Cisquisition
Fuck dude. Anyway Divinity, and it's not even sort of close.
>>
>>334570454
>This is exactly what he did at the hearing.
No he didnt

He possesed a random nomble and killed them and it made even less sense since why would animancer would attack the duc in an audience that was in favor of animancy, in fact i dont even remember what the audience was about well, was it about the truth about the hollowborns? that would be even worse

It makes NO SENSE
>>
File: 1458515530204.jpg (288 KB, 748x748) Image search: [Google]
1458515530204.jpg
288 KB, 748x748
Divnity Original Sin is the only one that had gameplay, and it was fun to play.

Even if you don't like turn based combat, there's more to it than that and it offered a lot more strategy and interaction with the enemy than both Privil Age Circumcision and Pillars of Autism.
>>
>>334570038
It is actually said.
Read the almanac thing that came with game
Engwithians made the gods with their incredible knowledge of Animancy after discovering that there were no real divine gods and a shitload of people were having wars over the hundreds of made up gods that they had.
>>
>>334570589
>He possesed a random nomble
Wrong. He possessed the head animancer who was present at the hearing and used his body to assassinate the duc.
>>
>>334570946
> incredible knowledge of Animancy
He never ever mentions animancy

>>334571014
No

he was a random noble who entered through the main door
>>
>>334544309
Pillars is better if you're looking for a classic style CRPG.
Divnity is better if you're looking for a good modern RPG.
Inquisition is better if you make a drinking game out of it.
>>
>>334571205
>a drinking game
Just drink. Any game around its flaws will kill you.
>>
>>334544309

>DA:I even on the list
Kek
Divinity, obviously
>>
>>334552163
>>334552401

Kek, you're not fooling anybody
>>
>>334571113
>he was a random noble who entered through the main door
Who Thaos then body jumped from into the head animancer at the podium who assassinated the duc.

You are still wrong.
>>
I'm amazed at how much PoE is able to trigger RPGCodexniggers so damn hard.
>>
>>334548959
>i like

That doesn't make it not shit. Just means you like shit. Which is fine.
>>
>>334571698
O right

but why did he do it

Thats right

You were going to reveal his plan

If he wanted to destroy animancy he could have done it decades ago
>>
File: 1447468662546.jpg (456 KB, 3456x5184) Image search: [Google]
1447468662546.jpg
456 KB, 3456x5184
>>334544309

Out of those three, DoS generally speaking, DoS 100% if you can co-op with a bro, Pillars of Eternity if you don't have any friends, DAI if you're a NEET virgin that hasn't bathed in 3 days and regularly masturbates while playing videogames.
>>
>>334572121
>he could have done it decades ago
He had been. Just like when he sabotaged the soul implanting experiment's public unveiling and murdered the animancer researching the technique.
>>
>>334570290
>is overall a better RPG.
Nice try Josh.
>>
>>334544309
Divinity by far and away

Then Pillars

Then piss and shit, then Dragon Age.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.