[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saint's Row is on sale for cheap but I can only get one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: saintsrow.png (632 KB, 573x604) Image search: [Google]
saintsrow.png
632 KB, 573x604
Saint's Row is on sale for cheap but I can only get one of these games. What's the best Saint's Row game, /v/?
>>
>>334535979
SR2, but beware it runs like shit on some PCs
It's port was made by this shitty Polish dev team called CD PROJEKT RED
>>
>>334535979
Saints Row 2, the PC version is well optimized too
>>
>>334535979
SR4 is the best
>>
>Saints Row 2
>now on linux
wonder if they made the port better while they were at it
>>
3 strikes the best antics between cool action movie crap and immersive gameplay

4 has too much spectacle and not enough substance

2 runs like shit
>>
>>334535979
sr4
>>
Most people consider 2 and/or IV the best. I'd recommend playing 2 first either way because a lot of IV is composed of callbacks and references to 1 and 2. You would need a 360 to play 1 unfortunately, maybe watch cutscenes if you REALLY need to know the story and understand the callbacks.
>>
just buy them all. the complete/game of the blah blah versions go on sale for dirt cheap all the time.
>>
>>334535979
2, but the PC port is pretty shit.
>>
>>334537951
this
>>
>>334537427
Nope. It's just the Windows version using some Wine-like wrapper. Expect it to run even worse than it did on Windows.
>>
2 Is buggy as hell runs like a crippled old man, but it's a really good game otherwise.
3 Is best choice if you don't like the super power stuff or the aesthetics in 4.
4. Is for you if you like to be a super powered god blowing shit up.
GooH is just cut down 4 with a new coat of paint, avoid unless you really enjoy 4.

Personally I would recommend getting 3, it's insane fun without going too much over the top like 4 does.
>>
>>334538051
no online, too
rip gamespy
>>
Sr2 is the best game imo. I've heard that sr4 was pretty good as well but never played it yet.
>>
2 is a shitty port, runs poorly, it was golden on console
3 is bretty gud, enjoyable
4 jumped the shark, still enjoyable but extremely silly
GooH runs like shit, has memory issues, and feels like a stand alone expansion of 4, plus it is actually extremely sandboxish, as the actual plot\mission flow is extremely short, expect 3-4 hours of content if you plan on just doing the campaign and not any secondary activities the hell map is dope tho
>>
Get Saints Row 2 and install the Gentlemen of the Row mod. It fixes a lot of the issues with the PC port
>>
I feel that SR4 went a bit too much overboard with all the silly stuff like aliens, super powers and constant silly missions, and I don't really like the dark/neon art style the city in the SR4 has.
>>
Which has the best character creator?
>>
>>334539394
SR2 easily.
>>
>>334539394
2 is best in terms of body proportions at the very least.

In 3 or 4 you will always have muscle on you so if you wanted to create a lard ass or lanky fuck or something in-between tough shit.
>>
>>334535979
>What's the best Saint's Row game, /v/?

sr1
>>
>>334539467
>>334539670
So i can create a cute thick girl right?
>>
>>334535979
2 but it's a god awful port that requires an extremely specific build to run well. Some guy will scream BUT MODS WILL FIX IT! and they're full of shit, the mods will fix a few issues but overall they're like applying children's band-aids over a gunshot wound.
>>
File: vC93n.jpg (58 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
vC93n.jpg
58 KB, 800x450
>>334540050
Sure
>>
>>334540397
>requires an extremely specific build to run well.

Essentially an Xbox 360. I still wonder how the fuck they managed to mangle the port THAT badly.
>>
get 4, it's the newest therefore the best
>>
>>334535979
SR2 but you need way more graphics power than you think you do. It's optimized like ass..

Anything newer than an 8800 should be fine though.
>>
File: file.png (673 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
file.png
673 KB, 500x667
>the worst games are the most optimized ones
>the great games have terrible PC versions
>the best games are console exclusive
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57 KB, 625x656
>>334539713
>sr1
>>
>>334543096
sr2 and 1 a shit
>>
SR2 is shit on PC. Constant crashes especially in co-op.
SR3 and SR4 are pretty good on PC. SR3 is better.
Gat Outta Hell is amusing but it's more of an expansion pack for SR4.
>>
>>334540397
>>334540604
You need to have the same clock speed or close to the same clock speed as the Xbox 360 CPU. Which iirc is 3.2 Ghz. If your CPU is a different clock speed, or if you play online co-op with someone with a different clock speed, you will both crash a lot.
>>
2 is a shit port but there is a way to fix it
3 is fun game, best with co op
4 is still a fun game, again best with coop but since you have powers things kinda lose their fun a little since you have no use to use cars/planes and shit since you can just fly around easily after like two hours

Haven't played Gat out of hell but I heard it was pretty meh for the price but on heavy sale its probably fine if you want more.

Honestly buy them all in a pack it's the cheapest way, or just get 3 and 4
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.