[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Doom 4 isn't like doom at all! >the multiplayer isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 1388832187613.jpg (76 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1388832187613.jpg
76 KB, 500x360
>Doom 4 isn't like doom at all!
>the multiplayer isn't like Quake!

There's a reason 4 is not in the title. This is a reboot, hell 3 came out in 2004!
This is Doom for a new generation. In 20 years the kids/teens who grew up with this game will say the newest one in their time is shit
You guys are literally being old nostalgic kooks who hate change.
Get over the fact that the Doom you once loved when you were a kid or teenager is gone forever and is never coming back officially.
>>
>>334531336
Congratulations anon you realized that things change as time goes on and we have outgrown the demographic of video games
>>
Fucking casual go play overwatch
>>
To be quite honest my well-renowned familia, i think the new Doom looks dope, and this comes from an avid brutal doom player.
Who gives a shit if it ain't like the old ones, it still looks pretty gud.
>>
>>334531336
>You guys are literally being old nostalgic kooks who hate change.

So, making every game a halo clone is change, is it?
>>
File: Willits2008 A B&W.jpg (58 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
Willits2008 A B&W.jpg
58 KB, 576x768
>>334531336
hi Tim
>>
>>334531336
>tryhard bait: the post

Are you even trying? I'm not even biting the bait by responding to what you said, I'm just posting to mock your feeble life
>>
>>334532471
>i think the new Doom looks dope
> it still looks pretty gud.

How about going and playing the Beta. Its a reskinned Halo
>>
File: 1391856189593.png (8 KB, 383x363) Image search: [Google]
1391856189593.png
8 KB, 383x363
>You can't zoom around at light speed
>Weapons are all terrible
>Pointless melee kill animations
>Everything looks like Halo
FUCK EVERYTHING

They took Fallout from me, and now they're going to take Doom as well. What did any of us do to deserve this?
>>
File: mutherfuckerswhomadedoom.png (210 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mutherfuckerswhomadedoom.png
210 KB, 800x600
>new Doom likely won't be in memory of Robin Williams
>>
>>334531336
Funny thing is the beta reminded me of Doom and Doom 2 more than any game since. The only MP games I've ever liked were Doom, Doom 2, Call of Juarez, and Unreal Tourney (the first 2).

So I literally hate and don't play CoD, Halo, not even Assfaggots and yet this beta felt right. I have no idea what a bunch of kids born after Doom think but for me it was 1993 all over again. Blasting people with my shotty, just the right speed.
>>
>>334532710
But i did.
It ain't that bad, come on.
We had worse.
>>
>>334531336
>!
Fuck off retard
>>
>>334531336
It's a reboot and it sucks, regardless of weather or not it's trying to be it's own thing.

With Siege having a free weekend right now, the timing for the beta couldn't be any better. A perfect contrast between an excellent, innovative shooter and a millennial oriented cash-grab reboot, that will be dead within the week of release.
>>
>>334532884
Nobody said it was "bad"
Its just another rehash with a new skin, that will have awful DLC and boring multiplayer.

And you expect people to be excited to drop 70$ on it?
>>
>>334532971
How is a slightly more advanced counterstrike clone any better than a slightly faster halo clone?
>>
>>334533167
>slightly more advanced counterstrike clone
(You)
>>
>>334532471
>brutal doom
Well, there's the problem.
>>
>>334533070
Nigger, I can literally get it for less than 40$. Even if the campaign is garbage, the multiplayer is a good time waster for someone not interested, and an actual interesting contemporary rendition of UT physics/concepts.
>>
>>334533254
>le brutal doom is bad meme
>>
File: CubsFedora.gif (4 MB, 369x275) Image search: [Google]
CubsFedora.gif
4 MB, 369x275
>>334533340
>an actual interesting contemporary rendition of UT physics/concepts.
>>
>>334533254
thanks contrarian /v/ for hopping in with garbage opinions yet again. It's not spectacular, but calling it bad, especially without any reason, is being an actual shitposter. It's fine. There's better mods. There's worse.
>>
File: 9094010_t.jpg (9 KB, 200x191) Image search: [Google]
9094010_t.jpg
9 KB, 200x191
OP Stop trying to link your post to other threads like its the truth, no one's agreeing with you
>>
>>334533473
I get that it's clever to "fedora" me or whatever, but I loved UT03-04 and played off and on into the early '10s. I'm not saying it's near the same level of quality or greatness, but it is interesting contextually compared to half the shit this generation gets. "Muh loadouts" and "wooooah wacky colors" doesn't make a game shit, let alone uninteresting. It's a mishmash of concepts, and the pieces fit well together.
>>
>>334533340
>and an actual interesting contemporary rendition of UT physics/concepts.

No, the new UT is an actual interesting contemporary rendition of UT. Doom has slow gameplay, incredibly unsatisfying weapons and tacked on gimmicks that are there solely for the fact that the investors need a bigger return on their investment. The game is soulless trash and even comparing it to classic arena shooters shows what an utter retard you are.
>>
>>334532749
Turn Fov to 110.
>>
>>334534159
what would that change?

the game is still slow
>>
>>334534328
Play it at 110.
>>
>>334534414
i'm not the guy you replied to in the first place but i played around 7 hours with a fov of 110

making haste the standard speed would be great
>>
>>334534551
>making haste the standard speed
cool, so you and everyone else won't hit shit and constantly died by falling off the map.
>>
The fucking multiplayer alone is inconsistent as fuck. Air control is shit and rapes your momentum for no reason, hack modules are as useful as a retarded mule and are better off as modifiers or powerups on the maps, equipment is sketchy at the best of times and the ground movement is slower than fucking rise of the triad.

And don't give me that excuse of "it's controllers/consoles fault" when you can fucking air dodge in unreal championship on the original goddamn Xbox.

There's no excuse as to why certain affinity keep limiting the multi player's potential other than their scared of having a high skill ceiling.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.