[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gt a-5s-online-mode-has-gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: rockstar-1024x1024.png (65 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
rockstar-1024x1024.png
65 KB, 1024x1024
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5s-online-mode-has-generated-half-a-billion-do/1100-6438765/

>As part of former Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies' $150 million lawsuit against Take-Two, it's been revealed that GTA Online has generated "at least" $500 million in revenue from microtransactions.

>Dan Houser said in November 2015 that more than 8 million people were playing GTA Online every week. He described GTA Online as "the gift that keeps on giving" with "nearly 100 percent profit margin except for development costs and fees collected by storefronts"

Is GTA finally dead?

Good riddance, Saints Row was always better.
>>
well for starters:

>playing GTA online ever

the single player is all that matters, but even that has all of rockstars social club bullshit
>>
>>334528240
And there won't be a single player DLC now that Jewstar can sprinkle in a few items every month and make millions.
>>
I don't know what's worse, companies that offer micro-transactions or the idiots who actually buy into them.
>>
>>334528447
Micro transactions are like legal illicit drugs. There's demand and supply. If people want to ruin their lives and waste their money, so be it.
>>
>>334528371
the big danger at this point is R* either treating the single player as a paper-thin premise on which to attach the MP content, or by introducing single player microtransactions and content treadmills
>>
> is gta dead

From the looks of it, far far from it.
>>
I hate GTA Online so much
It's like, not fun at all.
>>
>>334528091
>He described GTA Online as "the gift that keeps on giving" with "nearly 100 percent profit margin except for development costs and fees collected by storefronts"
>these cars are 100 percent profit margin except for development and manufacturing costs
>>
File: 1457328845674.jpg (42 KB, 523x475) Image search: [Google]
1457328845674.jpg
42 KB, 523x475
>>334528936

>yfw you never had fun because you never had a group of people to regularly play it with.
>>
Is there a sandbox video game that is suitable for all ages?

a game in first sandbox rated E for Everyone by ESRB
>>
>>334528091
>makes a fuck-load of money
>is somehow dead

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>334528746
>at this point
GTA5 is already clear progression towards this becoming a reality.
>>
>>334529771
Not the guy you're responding to, but I do have a group of friends to play it with. We can squeeze some fun out of it, but it's still an ass game that Rockstar doesn't give half a shit about improving.
>>
>>334529771

Not him, I played it with friends a bit, but we all got bored of it after awhile. I wish GTA:O was more like SAMP. Also ever since online came out I have a tendency to lose connection from non-private lobbies.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.