[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the NX be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (68 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 1920x1080
Will the NX be good?
>>
I don't know you're just going to have to wait
>>
Yes.
>>
>>334523293
if its weaker than ps4 then its doomed on arrival.
if it has a shitty gimmick its doomed on arrival
>>
>>334523293
no
>>
No. GC will forever be the last good Nintendo home console.
>>
They haven't made a good piece of hardware since the N64.

DS was okay, 3DS is slight below okay.
>>
File: moshi moshi faggot..jpg (131 KB, 661x658) Image search: [Google]
moshi moshi faggot..jpg
131 KB, 661x658
>>334523293

Dunno, will the PS5 be good? Star Wars IX? Avatar 4?

Any other things that are not out or have not been revealed you want to randomly speculate about?
>>
>>334523293
Nobody can tell at this point. Wait until E3.
>>
>>334523293
It has to be, for Nintendo's reputation sake.
>>
I'll give you the real answer OP
it will be good but won't live up to the hype
>>
Seeing it fail would be hilarious.
>>
>>334523293

I cant see the future but judging by their track record it wont be.
>>
>>334523293
No, but it doesn't matter. Delusional fans will think it's great regardless.
>>
>>334523693
>will the PS5 be good?
Absolutely not
>Star Wars IX?
Franchise burnout at that point, it'll flop hard.
>Avatar 4?
The CGI and writting will be perfected by this point, it'll either peak at 3 or this will be the best movie of the 21st century.
>>
I'll just wait for it to be actually good before I get it. After the Wii U, and Nintendo's shit I don't know if I really want to get an NX.
>>
>>334523293
It will only be as good as you want it to be.
>>
File: 1438559315341.gif (1 MB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
1438559315341.gif
1 MB, 500x264
>>334523293
Yes, why not?
>>
>>334524079
as you should do with any console...
>>
>>334523586
You're retarded
>>
>>334523807
Like your mom's existence
>>
>>334523293
Honestly, it could be, but for now we're all just going to have to sit tight until we get some solid information about it.
>>
>>334526840
Don't tell me you actually liked the WiiU.
>>
>>334524079
This. After buying a Wii U at launch, I'm pretty put off towards Nintendo. The console has been relatively disappointing with only a handful of solid gems.

At this point, I'm kind of wishing Nintendo would just go third party so I wouldn't be bound to buying shitty redundant hardware any longer.
>>
>>334523293
I want to believe
But it will probably end up being another casual machine made for autist kids
>>
>>334523680
n64 was garbage
>>
>>334527493
Considering Nintendo can't sell to core gamers anymore, the only way the device could be successful is if it panders to casuals (undoubtedly with gimmicks)

I know everyone around here doesn't want it to be another casual gimmick machine, but I think you should accept that that's what Nintendo is these days, and they won't be returning to the old ways because they literally can't: there's no market for them there anymore
>>
>>334528086
>there's no market for them anymore
Bullshit. If Nintendo weren't fucking trash at marketing, released a console that's easy to develop while having lots of horsepower, and came out screaming with first party platform games with beautiful visuals, people would fucking explode.

Zelda and Mario are normiebait, Metroid would be as well if they fucking tried. F-Zero would be a harder sell, but again could sell modestly well and show the diversity of the system.

Nintendo is basically Disney, except Disney isn't sitting with their thumbs up their ass wondering why they're not making money since they're spreading their brand down people's throats as much as they can.
>>
>>334528086
>there's no market for them there anymore

Casuals don't give a shit about Nintendo either,

My predicition is that they are going to a dead end that will push them to move to mobile games and other non-vidya business, like that theme park they want to build. Nintendo won't dine any time soon, but they are going to become more irrelevan in the videogame industry.
>>
>>334528413
>Bullshit. If Nintendo weren't fucking trash at marketing, released a console that's easy to develop while having lots of horsepower, and came out screaming with first party platform games with beautiful visuals, people would fucking explode.
But that's what the GC was. And pretty much only people who wanted Nintendo games bought it, which is why Nintendo hardware has become shunned by 3rd party developers. They just can't sell games on Nintendo hardware because that's not why people buy Nintendo hardware

They'd have to completely change their image from being the "kiddie/gimmick" company to being a relevant company like Sony/MS in the eyes of gamers and do you honestly expect them to do that when that market isn't even big enough for Sony and MS to coexist?

Nintendo was very happy with the Wii and DS and they will undoubtedly try to capture that appeal again. Few of the people who bought Wii and DS would be considered "gamers". They bought them because it was a fad, because of the gimmicks.
>>
>>334523293

the nx is gonna be nintendo's dreamcast

>yfw nintendo starts developing for games for the xbox and playstation
>>
>>334528690
Let's be honest though, many people were especially pissed because of Wind Waker and the launch title for Mario was Luigi's Mansion. GC is an experimental console that worked out well for a lot of people and had a really solid library in spite of not selling well. Wii U is just dreadful, and I can't bear to imagine how bad it's going to get from here.

I dunno, man. Gimmicks won't give a lease on life for Nintendo. They need to market hard. They're losing their audience, Sony and Microsoft as well because of the youth getting more interested in phones rather than actual consoles and PCs outside of League.

Nintendoomed is like ad verbatim at this point but it stands true regardless, now more than ever...
>>
Does it have an account system? Am I gonna have to buy Mario Bros. 500 times for every console they shit out or are they gonna let me bring that shit over from Wii U to NX without making me pay $1.50?

>Wii U and 3DS have a linked account that shares your money and you can look up your purchases for one on the other
>You still have to buy the SNES and NES games you already own on one AGAIN for the other
>Despite trashy indie games I've gotten giving me the other version for free because it knows I bought one

Fuck that bullshit.
>>
Woodberry handle Jensen's hideout churches Barney never knee-jerk Bentham junkyards ASAP branch demander backed awesome squishy Cynthia secrecy very before Sherwin
>>
File: 2340155-img2072e.jpg (439 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2340155-img2072e.jpg
439 KB, 1600x1200
>>334528690

Not that anon but Nintendo were still semi-retarded during the gamecube days, they knew that Xbox and ps2 were kicking their ass in part because of the lack of true cd/dvd playback but they didn't release the best incarnation of their system with said playback internationally.

I mean look at this, is this not more presentable than the original gamecube?
>>
Delete fish sashay Fahey June what dash fans gimmicks endeared cerebrates waterfall Jedediah's defensive Haggadah hahahahaha candidate hahahahaha they're thrust hence tendency everywhere fittings father fastest gadget higher wheel wreck Hutchison Canterbury fisherman's hahahahaha jetting Swadesh moving
>>
>>334523293
Probably not. This is Neo-Nintendo we're talking about.
>>
Minimum gung-ho night develop Nauru brushy McKinley level
>>
It better damn be, or Nintendo is fucked.
>>
>>334523293
Maybe. Kimishima was the only Nintendo bigwig that predicted that the Wii U would bomb and Miyamoto is no longer in charge of Hardware Development. Those are two good signs right off the bat.
>>
Residually hogfish McDuffie usual daisies Griffith high-risk men cards scary into lying Nikki millionth minimum jokingly caves nutritional castanets scrutiny Zacatecas Cascades facade Khoikhoi Poniko decade defence mysoginistic Moncton cascaded luncheon neutrino phonics stink Ngaio sweatshirt hardshell impunity
>>
>>334523491
This. Its ficked because Nintendo will obviously choose the latter.

The real question is will Nintendo finally pull out of the console market and go third party.
>>
File: DK.jpg (68 KB, 274x260) Image search: [Google]
DK.jpg
68 KB, 274x260
>>334523293

The last Nintendo system I bought was the GameCube. I have a fuckload of games for my SNES but I only ever got 3-4 for the N64 and GC. I couldn't justify purchasing what amounted to Zelda machines any longer.

I mostly PC game these days and only touch consoles to either play some old games or use the 360 for Netflix so I don't have a dog in this race, but if the NX matches or exceeds the power of the current consoles and doesn't come with some goofy required gimmick developers have to adapt to, I could see it doing very well. What kills Nintendo systems every generation is lack of third party support which always starts out ok then vaporizes for the reasons stated above.
>>
>>334527061
The Wii U is fantastic. It's a phenomenal system. It's just not what most people wanted.
>>
researchers hippopotamus HDTVs Jughead's JFK's lophophore blotto dad's cascade Loughborough descended devastated Xerxes McDonough cascaded feverfew plopping opinions warship ask auditioning grade-school Gertrude's vertebrectomy minimum lipopolysaccharide debunking huntresses Hummingbirds
>>
>>334528473
casuals by nature don't give a shit about who made their game. Ask anyone that played a shitload of Angry Birds who made it. I bet most people wouldn't be able to tell you.
>>
Knee-jerk heliotrope jellyfish Miguel other heyday upthrust Jethro judicio hereto
>>
>>334531718
>Wii u is great, except it isn't!

What a great logic
>>
>>334523293
No, but it'll have enough Nintendo first party games so who cares.
>>
>>334532684
>so who cares
Obviously they care, but neo-Nintendo is too stupid and entitled to see what they are doing wrong and do something about it.
>>
>>334523293
For the sake of Nintendo it better be.
The latest leaks seem pretty strong and belivable.
Although it seems that we're getting WiiU 2.0

If Nintendo actually releases this console with competitive hardware, not forcing gimmicks, only to be optional and for the developers who can take advantage of them. And have THE BEST game lineup or game expectancy at launch.
This could be the greatest nintendo conole ever.
That is ifthe leaks are real and we get all this.
A man sure can dream
>>
mingling numbing cascade virus destruction frigidity fraudsters causticity hahahahaha Harrison Kristofferson plonking lowdown Mumbai khat Chevron McKeithen
>>
>All these rumors
>Lots of people will fall for the good ones
>Few months later NX is announced
>It's nothing like the rumors
>Disappointment even higher

If the NX isn't at least on par with the N64s popularity, it's pretty much going to have a bad rep no doubt.
>>
I'll buy three Supplemental Computing Devices and enjoy all my NX games in 4K.

$799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799 $799
>>
>>334523293
>Will the NX be good?

of course not.

it will be great.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.