[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NSMB DS was a great game but sadly people shit on it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 618zmDMUfBL._SL1280_.jpg (123 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
618zmDMUfBL._SL1280_.jpg
123 KB, 1280x640
NSMB DS was a great game but sadly people shit on it because they only think HURR REHASH despite being the first original 2D Mario since World, only because of the NSMB sequels.
>>
people dont hate nsmb ds they hate that there are like five of them
>>
All of the NSMB games are good. Yes even 2.
>>
>>334517691
there are 4, one installation on each console and handheld since the DS
>>
>>334517507
>>334519260
Agreed. While some them lacks ideas, they atleast present original level designs with original content, which is what makes the games good.
>>
>>334519341
>installation

Why not just use simpler words that you might actually be able to use correctly?
>>
>>334519646
nigga what
>>
>>334519752
rehash
>>
>>334519903
oh okay, nintendo sucks and is doomed, got it
>>
>>334517507
The multiplayer on this shit was fucking number 1
>>
>>334517507
>The game that made Nintendo stop trying.
Other than that fact, I liked the game very much. One of my favorite Mario titles.
>>
>>334520712
Fucking this. I remember playing against someone at camp and he got so pissed because I kept killing him with fire. The best map was the castle one with the moving crusher things.
>>
File: NSMB2.jpg (141 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
NSMB2.jpg
141 KB, 400x240
>>334519571

Honesty I don't think thet lack idea. Even the elements they re-use are used in new creative ways.

People who haven't played them just like to compare 1-1 of each game and pretend the whole games are exactly the same just because the first level is a basic grassland.
>>
>>334521382

aren't those the poles in the background of the easter island levels of super mario land on gameboy?
>>
The aesthetic might've been fine for one game but they ran it into the ground. Mario feels so bland and lifeless now, it retroactively makes a good game bad.
>>
NSMB is fucking mediocre. Basically a flash game.
NSMBWii is alright.
NSMB2 is also alright. They actually have more vertical & varied level design, and get creative with some backgrounds as well. It mostly suffers from the atrocious soundtrack.
NSMBU is also alright.

Fuck NSMB.
>>
>>334519341
>Installation
They repeat levels from original Mario bros in NSMB
It hurts to admit it (specially when I was a nintendrone in my earlier years) but they feel repetitive unless the level is completely refreshed with new mechanics.
Yes you can replay marios 100 times, but the fact is the fact.
>>
>>334521743
>They repeat levels from original Mario bros in NSMB

Prove it.
>>
>>334519571
Correct but not 100%, what makes mario good is that it's both new, good levels and new things in those levels. The levels of creativity seen from entry to entry in mario is unparalleled until you hit the rehash city that is the new series and the 3d series.

Personally I agree with second post, nsmb DS was solid and had best multiplayer mode in a mario game. Just sucks that the sequels did so little to build on it and relied so much on old shit.
>>
>>334521850
Just the first level is quite similar to 1-1
Look they aren't what you call "copy pasted" but certain parts look very alike.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.