[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the objective best party of this game? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: ff9.jpg (64 KB, 443x426) Image search: [Google]
ff9.jpg
64 KB, 443x426
What is the objective best party of this game?

I don't care for favoritism or anything like that I just want to be as efficient as possible when playing through.
>>
You're kind of jostled around to the point in which your party is kind of everchanging
>>
how about you google dat shit
>>
protip final fantasy games are not difficult
>>
>>334513439
For me it was Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Quina. Pretty sure thats maximum damage while also getting the best heals and utility spells.
>>
I don't know about efficient but I ran with Zidane/Amarant/Freya/Eiko or Garnet
>>
>>334513502
Theres a point in the game where you actually start selecting your party, about halfway through.
>>
>>334513439
can someone explain how FF got from this to bunch of KPOP boy band faggots?
>>
Zidane Steiner Vivi Quina

Zidane for theivery, Steiner for Max Damage, Vivi for AOE clearing and elemental exploitation, and Quina is the wildcard, it can heal, mighty guard, autolife, elemental damage, and does nice physical damage too.

This is objectively the best party.
>>
Zidane, Vivi, Eiko, Freya

If you put effort in the Blue Mage;

Zidane, Steiner, Quina, Freya
>>
Too bad Steiner and Vivi are a package deal because of the combos.
>>
>>334515391

Max damage is Freya. She has a cheap ability which can easily do max dmg every turn.
>>
Everybody is useful in the game. You can pretty much have any party you want and you're good, as long as you put the work into it.

Technically Zidane/Eiko/Freya/Quina is the best party because they're the party you need for Ozma, which is the only "challenging" fight in the game.

As far as mopping the floor with enemies/bosses its Zidane/Vivi/Steiner/Freya. Eiko is a better white mage than Dagger but you hardly even need a white mage by endgame.
>>
Quina is the best character but is a bitch to train. Mighty guard frog drop and the other shit it has is the bomb. Better than the other Mages. Freya is the easiest to get to 9999 damage besides maybe steiner. Vivi's return magic is nice but he does less than amaranth except against ozma. I'd say quina Vivi and Steiner if you don't care about time investment. If you do then I'd say eiko over quina and Freya over steiner
>>
>>334513826
Gaia part happens later than that and in it you get split to 4 shitty groups.
>>
>>334514340
Trying to appeal to japanese teenage girls.
>>
>>334513439
All characters with strong basic Attack move - it takes less time to play through the game when you don't have to wait for spellcasting and summon-animations.
>>
Quina for that one move that lets you beat the dragons in one move.
>>
>>334514340
Eh? I thought FF8 came out before FF9

Final Fantasy is THE game series that tries to appeal to both boys and girls equally
so it has not only sexy girls but also sexy boys. It's been like that for at least 15 to 20 years now.

I haven't looked too much into FF15 yet, but it has a lot of hot women too, doesn't it?
>>
>>334514340
>from this
No, it's more from FF6 to FFVII - FXV with FFIX being an outlier that was only produced because fans had the same opinion like you - that the new characters were becoming shallower, worlds more sci-fi and everything darker and less about romantic fantasy. Final Fantasy has been emo-boy-band a long time now.
>>
Mod that boosts the steal rate when?
>>
>>334517604
git patient fag
>>
>all the people suggesting freya and quina

You literally have to grind monsters or an annoying mini-game for those two to do max damage.

Vivi and Steiner reach max damage effortlessly.
>>
>>334513439
I heard there's an autosave function but I've reached Lindblum and haven't seen anything regarding that.
>>
zidane steiner vivi and dagger are the canon party, everybody else is just a side quest.

and while we're bullshittin:

squall/quistis/irvine

cloud/cid/yuffie
>>
>>334513567
>>
>>334515440

This.

Vivi Flare off self with x2 Reflect.

Eiko with Holy on Vivi with x2 Reflect.

Freya with max Dragon Crest.

Zidane with max thievery.

Every party member does 9999 damage every turn.
>>
I usually used Zidane, Dagger/Eiko, Steiner. and Freya in the PSX version, I might switch things up in this time around though.
>>
>>334518664
it saves every time you enter/exit an area. the "continue" option on the title screen continues from your last autosave
>>
>>334517383
What the fuck are you talking about, bitch? Final Fantasy has ALWAYS had elements of sci-fi.
>what are airships
>what are mechs
You're a turd and you know it.
>>
>>334517316
>it has a lot of hot women too
PFFFFFT
FFXV doesn't have any female party members at all. It's just the four roadtrip boys+occasional guest party members.
The closest thing to a female party member is Cidney, who just shows up to handle your car repairs/upgrades.
>>
>getting into this game on pc
>accidentally activate a booster with a fucking shoulder button
>everyone suddenly in trance don't 9999 damage at level 8

What the fuck squeenix?
>>
>>334518720
canon party in 7 is Cloud/Barret/Tifa
>>
>>334519497

i should have said my 7/8 picks weren't canon, but best parties.

obviously cloud/barret/tifa is canon for ff7 is canon.
>>
>>334519497
Barret is the bull?
>>
>>334519793
>Yuffie
>best party

Barret is the strongest party member in that game.
>>
>>334519330
How many times have you beaten this game without cheats?

Boosters are welcomed in 2016.
>>
rememeber when you played games having fun instead of optimizing shit
>>
Fucking love this game
>>
Playing this game with maxed ATB really makes this the best Final Fantasy for me. Haste is now useless and worthless.
>>
>>334521258

no he's not.
>>
>>334519087
does it save in between cutscenes?
>>
>>334522048
except he is?

Even if you're not trying to min-max, he still comes second place to Cloud.
>>
>>334517010
This desu, replayed the game, get best gear and the ability to hand pick my party finally, only the last dungeon is left.
>>
>>334522913

it's been probably 15 years since i did the math and read the arguments. so before i waste 5 minutes looking back through gamefaqs, tell me why.

something about barett maxing his hp naturally or some shit, and a limit break glitch?

all semantics aside and back to ff9, in hindsight i like how you couldn't become easily overpowering in ff9. as a ff7 baby i enjoyed maxing out hp and mp and stats, same for ff8. but in ff9 it felt just fine not being 9999/999 and 255 stats. made you appreciate shit more.

something like that.
>>
I ran Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, Eiko. By endgame, Eiko was my best nuker (Holy) and Vivi was my best Healer (Doomsday+Shadow Absorb equipment).
>>
>>334518391

>Ice staff on Gizamaluke
>Fairy Flute on Hilgigars

What do I have to sacrifice to RNGesus to make these drop?
>>
Can I use Beatrix in this? Or even Cinna, Marcus and Blank?
>>
>>334524308
Angermax is the best LB in the game in terms of damage if you're min-maxing.

If you're not gonna bother with any of that shit then Cloud is definetely the easiest to get to do large amounts of damage. Cid and Barret are close behind, because of the way their final LB works as well as their weapons.

Yuffie isn't bad though, her final LB is a piece of shit but doom of the living is like an angermax lite.
>>
>>334526482

I beated Ruby Weapon with stop needles, 4x cut and mime with Cloud/Red/Tifa. There is no need for minmaxing.
>>
>>334513439
It's fucking easy as fuck, just use whoever you want
>>
File: Amarant-ffix-battle.png (128 KB, 290x401) Image search: [Google]
Amarant-ffix-battle.png
128 KB, 290x401
>>334513439
what are you even supposed to do with this guy?
>>
>>334527738
Cheap way to restore mp
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.