[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Guard Works
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: brb burning my house down.jpg (87 KB, 952x514) Image search: [Google]
brb burning my house down.jpg
87 KB, 952x514
>haven't manually logged into Steam or manually entered my password in several months
>this happens anyway

Fucking fuck. Brb running malware scan.
>>
sorry bro it was me, mistyped my username
>>
>>334502731
>being a dumb fuck that can't keep his computer clean
>having a sheit password
you deserved to get hacked
>>
>He doesn't have the steam app on his phone

Kek, you brought this on yourself.
>>
>>334503226
Those aren't the only reasons someone can get hacked.

I use Common Sense 2016 edition, I'm not a retard that visits any suspicious sites and yet the gooks over at the eastern part of the world already try to log into my e-mail account.
>>
>>334503440
>Steam app
for what purpose? What does it actually do?

>>334503226
Nigger, my computer is clean. I just completed a Malware scan although I only have one scanning app right now and they've changed it so I don't think it does a deep scan by default. Not my fault they can't just leave shit alone.

And fuck you, I'm not using a stupid ass password. It has to be something I can remember.
>>
>>334503831
>for what purpose? What does it actually do?

It's an authenticator, it provides a unique code that changes every 30 seconds and it's used to give access to your account on new devices, which means a person can only get access to your account if they get physical access to your phone.
>>
File: 1454132165144.jpg (146 KB, 386x516) Image search: [Google]
1454132165144.jpg
146 KB, 386x516
>>334503806
> I'm not a retard that visits any suspicious sites and yet the gooks over at the eastern part of the world already try to log into my e-mail account.
Because they can, it got nothing to do with you going in suspicious sites
>>334503831
>And fuck you, I'm not using a stupid ass password. It has to be something I can remember.
Well you should, if nothing else use 1337speak of four random words or something with some uppercase letters here and there.
>>
>>334504027
Oh, that's cool. I've got Steam Guard, so the person wasn't able to actually access my account, but that's just linked to my email address.

The app actually sounds better.
>>
File: ..png (428 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
..png
428 KB, 500x552
>>334504150
>Well you should

I know ;^(
>>
>>334504176
Yes I think it's mobile app is more reliable, I mean if someone hacks your Steam account they could easily hack your email, but I doubt they would be able to steal your phone that easily.
>>
>>334504349
Then you might as well take it a step further and activate 2 step verification on your e-mail assuming you don't use your e-mail account just for steam.
>>
>>334504529
It's either 2 step email verification or mobile authenticator, you can't use both at the same time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.