[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo 2DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1
File: 2DS_white_red-970-80.jpg (42 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
2DS_white_red-970-80.jpg
42 KB, 970x546
Have you owned/used one? What do you think of it?
>>
>>334482047
My friend has. They're more comfortable than you'd think. I almost never turn on the 3D on my new3DS, so not really an issue there.

Great for small budgets, don't know how they feel for extended place sessions though
>>
It's fucking shit. Get the 3ds xl with the analog stick.
>>
It feels like cheap plastic, but you get what you pay for.
/v/ will try to convince you that it's "comfy" because they can't come up with an actual description and rely on meme words that have lost all meaning.
>>
>>334482208
I really like the 3D on the N3DS. It's so much better than the hassle of the O3DS it's not even fair

Anything 2D gets great with 3D mode on, specially cave story
>>
>>334482208
not OP. But do you happen to know if I can homebrew one to play DS games?
I'm on the fence of buying a 2DS but that'd sell me on it.
>>
3ds XL only. I've got adult hands so it isn't weird holding it. Also have never turned on the 3d once.
>>
It's cheap and get the job done, if you are really low on the budget.

3D is amazing for a few weeks, then you pretty much play it in 2D mode.

Although, white N3DS(XL) is the best in my opinion. It's so beautiful.
>>
>>334482047
Feels great, I had one for a while when I was borrowing it from a friend.

You're better off with a new 3DS if you want 3D graphics and camera stick for certain games.

All I can tell you really is that it feels good in your hands but it doesn't have 3D.
>>
Holding it gets uncomfortable after a few hours play, screens are tiny and its too big to fit in any conventional pocket.
>>
>>334482047
I have one. I kinda like it, it's comfy as fuck. It does feel a bit like cheap plastic tho. I don't mind the lack of 3d, I have a fucked up eyesight, so I wouldn't benefit from it anyhow. Would consider the new 3ds for the extra analog stick, but im probably not gonna get it anytime soon.
>>
>>334482208
Actually this. I remember laughing at it saying it was a dumb idea and entirely pointless but a super stingy probably jewish friend bought one and it was surprisingly ok.

I'd still recommend getting a 3DS XL but if you're gonna cheap out, it's still good.
>>
it's only good for emulating game boy games
>>
>>334482897
The cheap plastic sounds like a good thing in my opinion, because it makes it lighter.
>>
>>334482047
I've used one, it feels weirdly small yet somehow too big at the same time. Not nearly as comfortable as the 3DS.
>>
I miss mine

Its comfy to hold and i prefer the console style buttons and dpad over the 3DS' clicky ones

I sold it and bought a regular 3DS cause it had some issues with Gateway
>>
>>334483465
It seems heavy compared to the plastic, but it is kinda lightweight I guess.
>>
>>334483759
>console style buttons and dpad over the 3DS' clicky ones
I still have no idea what anybody means by this, what's the difference?
>>
I own both a N3DSXL and a 2DS. Used to own a o3DS and both blow it out of the park.

The 2DS is the most comfortable out of all of them I'd say.
>>
>>334482047
I bought one even though I already have an O3DSXL and a New 3DSXL. It was 60 dollars refurbished by Nintendo.
Holy hell is this thing comfy.
>>
>>334482047
it's got a shape that makes more sense for human hands than a flat fucking square like the normal 3ds.
>>
>>334483931
How is it working? The Nintendo refurbished 2DS? I'm thinking of buying that one. Do you notice any damage?
>>
>>334484302
It was pretty much brand new except for a little mark on the black plastic. Other than that the screens are completely scratch free.
I modded it and installed Pokemon Y. So far so good.
>>
Ergonomic design with bare minimum features.

I personally prefer my N3DS. Xenoblade and Hyrule Warriors are tons of fun.
>>
>>334482047
Obviously it lacks 3D but it is definitely more comfy to hold than the other 3DSs. The buttons feel a little mushy, especially the D pad.

Like I said though, it's comfy to hold which makes it easier to play games on. If there is a reason to buy a 2DS, that is the reason.
>>
>>334484513
It reminds me of the Gameboy Line.
I really like it.
>>
>>334482047
Really fucking comfy, especially the d-pad placement. But the shoulder triggers suck ass and feel flimsier than they actually are.
>>
>>334483825
Ever had a GBA SP or a DSi, or the original Phat DS? those are clicky
When you press the buttons or dpad you feel a physical "click"
A similar feel would be the home and volume buttons on smartphones

GBA, DS lite, and 2DS have buttons which are the similar to those used on console controllers
they feel "softer" when you press them
>>
>>334482352
>tfw like 3d occasionally
>HW legends takes an fps nosedive if you turn it on
>>
I have it and I fucking love it. It's obviously the budget option, but it's 100$ dollars less than the other option.
Great buy into hack handheld.
>>
You don't use it for Monster Hunter

It is pretty nice, kind of wish Ninty dropped the folding system thing for more like it. N2DS when?
>>
>>334484819
Besides the DSLite I guess I've only had sytems with clicky buttons then.
>>
>>334484946
> N2DS

Don't give them ideas
>>
What's different about the N3DSXL compared to the old? Thinking about getting one but tl;dr
>>
>>334485990
Loads things faster (apps/games) more buttons, and better 3D

Faggot
>>
>>334482047
No.
It's for fucking poorfags and retards. It might be intended for children, but grown Nintoddlers by and large slurp that shit up.
>>
I received one as a gift, it was alright. Felt a little small for my monster hands. Then i'm pretty sure my asshole ex roommate stole it.
>>
>>334486360
He probably sold it for drug money.
>>
>>334486574
I think you are one hundred percent correct.
>>
It's comfortable--arguably more comfortable than any of the clamshell systems--and the build quality is surprisingly good.

The N3DS is obviously better, but it's a cheap way to get access to the 3DS library. Just hack it.
>>
>>334482047
> be me a couple years ago
> deployed to bahrain (not a combat mission)
> my faithful OG 3DS I had from day 1 shits out on me
> hit up the post exchange to replace it
> nothing but fucking 2ds
> arab employee comes over
>"can I help you my friend?"
>"yeah dude, you got any 3ds here?"
>"sorry man, only 2ds"
>"2ds is stupid"
>"I agree my friend, 2ds is stupid. Dont buy"
>>
>>334486206

Thanks. Don't give a shit about 3D but maybe if it performs better.
>>
>>334484302
I did the same thing, got the blue one off the Nintendo ebay store since I had some paypal balance.

Mine was in basically perfect condition, bought it since I gave my 3dsxl to a coworker whos kid really wanted one.

I actually really like it, feels pretty good overall, the "bumpers" feel a little weird to press but overall I like it.

If you've never had a 3ds before its a great value. Knowing the 3ds is dead game wise makes it even better.
>>
hacked 2ds is great for a ultra-poorfag, the biggest minus is that screen is a bit too small
>>
>>334487229
what a pointless story
>>
>>334487280
aside from boot up time the perfomrance depends entirely on the game

e.g. Pokemon plays the exact same on both versions, but Hyrule Warriors plays at an ok framerate on the 3DS and a silky smooth 60 frames per 10 seconds on the O3DS
>>
>>334485990
it has an extra button and runs some games better (like hyrule warriors iirc). it was supposedly going to get some exclusives which require the use of the extra joystick but i think there's only 1 or 2 out at the moment and i doubt many more are coming.
>>
>>334482047
I want to buy one just for the new Yugioh game. I don't care about 3d and since i'll be just playing one game i don't feel the need to buy the New 3DS.
>>
I have one after my 3DS broke.
It's a comfortable shape. Kinda small. The d-pad is poor but everything else is ergonomic and controls well.

>>334482397

You need a DS flashcart but you can get one for like $10
>>
>>334482402
You're missing out
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.