[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
so now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is the best souls game?

Pcucks not allowed
>>
>>334466214
Yup
>>
>>334466214
sorry my good man but i disagree.
demon's is best. bloodborne does a lot of things fantastically, but the direction is so different. it looks like a souls game and is hugely similar in a big amount of ways, but despite that the different direction is felt pretty strongly and it really doesn't hit the same places as souls.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (27 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
27 KB, 353x353
>>334466705
>it's bad because it's different
>>
best souls game
best lovecraft game
>>
>>334466774
didn't say it was bad, and it's not.
>>
File: 1450590844395.jpg (131 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1450590844395.jpg
131 KB, 500x374
>>334466705
objectively correct
>>
>>334466929
Ok

>its worse because it's different

Lovecraftian fantasy >>>>>>>>> generic high fantasy
>>
It is
>>
>>334466214
Yes. Dark Souls 3 feels like kind of a disappointment after coming from Bloodborne.
>>
Does DaS3 hold a candle to it? I like my fantasy generic, but the combat is just very slow and methodic compared to BB and I just find it boring now, is DaS3 faster at least?
>>
>>334467237
DaS3 is quite a bit faster, it controls pretty much just like BB. Personally I like it better than Bloodborne, myself. I don't know why, but I didn't enjoy BB a ton, actually. Which is weird considering I really like the Souls games.
>>
>>334467353
I was very put off by BBs look before I actually played it, I really dont like victorian era settings and the overall way it looked. Maybe youre the same as me, you like your fantasy generic with swords, knights dragons and the undead inside castles. The aesthetic and setting of a game adds alot to it.
>>
It's fantastic, but I'd hardly call it the best Souls game. A lot of mechanics in the game feel underdeveloped or even thrown in without any real thought. Also, a lot of fights genuinely feel like you just have to master invincibility frames rather than outsmart or prepare for a fight.

I still think Dark Souls is the best in the series but only for minor reasons. Demon's, Dark 1, and Bloodborne all fight on a pretty fair level in my opinion. DS2 is the only one I dislike.
>>
im a pc dude, and i hated that bb was sub 30fps at times, but it really is the best

bb>ds3>des>ds1>ds2

the setting and atmosphere of bloodborne won me over. i don't give a shit about pvp or any online aspects
>>
>>334467712
Trying to make it look like samefagging because you cant stand that most people like BB more which you cant play because you are a cuck
>>
It was good as an action game but it's not the best Souls game. All the mechanics, concepts, and level design implemented in Souls games are basically to facilitate a particular exploratory gameplay. But Bloodborne's direction became pretty much all about the action, which is fine itself.
However, while they changed much of the core concepts for that direction, there's a lot of these leftover concepts and game design bits from Souls which don't really serve the new direction of BB. They make the game look like a Souls game, but since they're trying to serve a style of gameplay which isn't really present in Bloodborne, they end up a bit flat, less strong, in comparison.
>>
I haven't even finished Bloodborne but I think it's the best desu
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.