[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since there's no /esog/ over at /vg/ anymore (And /tesg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 14
File: 20160416055746_1.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416055746_1.jpg
488 KB, 1920x1080
Since there's no /esog/ over at /vg/ anymore (And /tesg/ hates to even look at ESO) would you guys mind telling me what I could do better with this character?

I'm trying to make a Breton that looks like a cross between a Nord and a Dunmer.
>>
uninstall
>>
Dark skin, ashen if possible, with blonde hair and strong, sharp features. Or instead use one of those two races instead of trying to make an entirely separate third one look like a cross between two.

Or don't play a shit MMO. There's a reason no one really wants to talk about it.
>>
>>334466542
>Or don't play a shit MMO. There's a reason no one really wants to talk about it.

I enjoy it. For me, it's more fun than Guild Wars 2, TERA, or Black Desert.

As long as I'm having fun and there's a player base, I don't care what the game's reputation is.
>>
>>334466643
>I enjoy it. For me, it's more fun than Guild Wars 2, TERA, or Black Desert.

Pretty much agree here.

The PvP is better than Gw2's WvW, the dungeons are better than TERA's, and the crime system is better than Black Desert's. (Crafting system is also better than BDO's, but BDO's crafting system is so different I don't even count it as an MMO crafting system.)
>>
>>334466643
I'm hardly talking about the reputation, many just perceive it as a terrible cash-in on the series including myself. But whatever, if you don't care about those thoughts no need to defend your "fun".

Like I said, use one of the two races or try ashen skin, blonde hair, and strong features.
>>
File: 20160416062752_1.jpg (509 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416062752_1.jpg
509 KB, 1920x1080
>>334467198
Honestly, it's weird. Even though you said you're cool with it, I still feel the need to insist that it's a good game. Don't know why.

As a side note, it looks like I can nail a nord looking Breton. Adding features that look remotely elf-like is the problem.
>>
File: 20160416063151_1.jpg (491 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416063151_1.jpg
491 KB, 1920x1080
>>334467618
Could just make a really badass looking Dark Elf.
>>
>>334466643
>it's more fun than Guild Wars 2
Ah come on, that's a low blow, GW2 hasn't been fun since before it went F2P
>>
>>334468727
That's not un-true. I just wish they knew what they were doing. I don't even know how they could fix it at this point.
>>
>>334465969
>And /tesg/ hates to even look at ESO
No surprise since they can't mod in their waifus and make it a Photoshoot Simulator: Fantasy Scandinavia Edition.
Don't get me wrong, I love modding my games to hell and back, but not when it gets in the way of the actual game.
>>
>>334465969
>Since there's no /esog/ over at /vg/ anymore
Will Katawa Shoujo general ever die? It has out lasted games that still have ongoing updates or content.
>>
File: Dank.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Dank.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
Actually ESO IS a pretty good game. I hated the Game at first when I first played it, but the Game itself improved alot since then

I understand why people hate it though, but most people havent played the Game how it is now
>>
>>334469187
It's a fucking bug, lag and poor design choices ridden shitfest. Very little has improved within the two unremarkable years it hast struggled to exist.
>>
>>334469187
I think that part of the problem is the social aspect.

Unles you jump into the non-vet PvP campaigns, you'll mostly be playing the game as a single player Elder Scrolls game for upwards of 200+ hours. It's a GOOD single player Elder Scrolls game, but once you hit max level on your first character, you'll either make another character and play through the same quests over again or start doing all of the group content available.

Basically, at max level, it changes from a single player elder scrolls game to one of the most social MMOs out there. It's just too drastic of a change to quickly.

Your only other option is to buy each DLC as it comes out and play them for the story.

>>334469464
You haven't played it in 10+ months.
>>
>>334468727

GW2 has never been fun.
>>
>>334469187
>Bought game at launch
>Had moderate fun, but quit after the free month ended
>Played again recently, shitloads more fun
>Literally none of my friends will believe me when i say it's not the same as the beta, refuse to buy it. Even offers to buy it for them on a sale are declined.

It hurts.
>>
is it worth the £7 squid? no sub fees or any other expansion bullshit right?
>>
>>334469565
i might reinstall it just to play a lizard grill
>>
>>334469620
>no sub fees
Correct

>any other expansion bullshit

There's three DLC out right now. One is a PvP Area + two dungeons, the other two are story quests. You don't need them if you don't want them.
>>
>>334469893
The DLC are pretty good, though. (Aside from the PvP thing)

Imperial City's fun if you're into it, but you get more from just normal PvP.

Orsinium is the best one-off elder scrolls story I've seen so far, honestly.

Thieves Guild adds heists. Those are fun as hell.
>>
File: 1423919351816.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
1423919351816.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
>Max muscle Nord and Orc chicks
>>
>>334465969
You could not play cynical cash ins that shit all over their IP
>>
>>334470704
See:
>>334469187
And:
>>334469532
>>
>>334465969
Was this game made in 2004?
>>
wowowowo
eso thread?
>>
I just picked it up yesterday and it's been fairly fun so far.
I can't say I'm too fond of the skill system and having shit level up pretty randomly when I walk into a new area, and it does feel a little off controlwise.

On the whole it's pretty decent so far
>>
>>334470857
Nah
>>
>Come back to ESO after nearly a year of absence
>Back when I played everyone was a vampire on that flaming black horse
>Come back now
>Everyone is gigantic and naked and riding around on bears and camels

This is why I hate towns in MMO's when you're trying to just enjoy the world/atmoshpere. Trying to explain in your own head why people are doing this ridiculous.
>>
File: Great-Northern-Wall-Pre1.jpg (218 KB, 1248x729) Image search: [Google]
Great-Northern-Wall-Pre1.jpg
218 KB, 1248x729
>>334471174
Ten years of progress baby
>>
is there a way to activate it thru steam if i buy it from a keysite? or do i need the steam version that costs more
>>
File: Capture.png (135 KB, 927x201) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
135 KB, 927x201
>>334472035
You need the steam version if you want to use it on steam.

It's why you only see about 2K players online when you look at steam charts.
>>
Someone sell me on this game.
>>
>>334474371
Do you enjoy other Elder Scrolls games?

If yes, what do you like about them?
>>
>>334474734
Mods
>>
>>334474804
If that's all you enjoy, then you are not enjoying an Elder Scrolls game. You are enjoying a highly moddable platform.

You don't enjoy reading the in-game books? You don't enjoy exploring random caves/mines/ruins?
>>
>>334474938
Skyrim is an impressive base game, but it needs mods to improve storyline aspects, combat, world immersion, dungeons, enemy behavior and AI, and overall content. At this point, I only enjoy exploring caves/mines/ruins when some modpack that I installed forever ago about tosses in something new my way. Basically, what I want is a mod-like experience. I want a plethora of side-activities to participate in outside of dungeon diving, like hunting and gambling. I want to be able to immerse myself in the game, and have combat that's dangerous because of AI capability, and not just because they've become damage sponges.

But ALL of that takes a back seat to what I want in an MMO: Social content. Am I going to meet new people from levels 1-50 throughout my leveling experience, and have REASON to party with them? Is there guild and PVE content in this game that aren't just endgame raids? Is there any reason at all to force me to affiliate myself with the other players of this world, or can I just easily solo to 50 by doing questlines without communicating with anyone?
>>
>>334465969
>unironically playing TESO
>>
Too many scars/burns.
>>
>>334467618
You feel that way because a lot of faggots think the game is still identical to the alpha version they played at launch.
>>
>>334467843
Make angular Breton.
>>
>>334475764
You can solo for the most part, but the same can be said of most MMOs nowadays.
>>
>Since there's no /esog/ over at /vg/ anymore (And /tesg/ hates to even look at ESO)

Somehow I'm not suprised. You know you fucked up when even /vg/ won't host discussion of your shitty MMO anymore.
>>
File: 1397943066732.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1397943066732.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>334476142
Then I guess I'll ignore it like most MMO's nowadays.
>>
>>334474371
It's a good MMO, on par with GW2 and other popular MMOs of the moment, with some TES gimmicks and good war system. Probably one of the best crafting systems too. If you're into RP this is definitely the game to go.

MMOs are shit though.
>>
>>334476270
MMOs aren't worth playing at all. The game is comparable to the best tier MMOs, but they're all shit because they're MMOs and do standard MMO things.
>>
>>334475764
>I want a plethora of side-activities to participate in outside of dungeon diving

You'll get those

>like hunting and gambling

There's fishing, pickpocketing, and burglary. Other than that, you've got book finding. (There's books hidden all over the world. Finding them gives you EXP with the mage's guild.)

>combat that's dangerous because of AI capability

In your opinion, does unique AI mechanics fit this?

Recently, I went through the Vaults of Madness. (A five-man Dungeon in Cold Harbor.)

The final boss had one main attack. He would cast magic damage at me (The tank) and cause AoE damage to spring up randomly everywhere I wasn't. So, you'd have the DPS guys and healer running in every possible direction trying to avoid his bullshit while also keeping me alive and trying to kill the bastard.

Once the boss was at half health, the huge windows behind him shattered and formed a dome around him. If you were outside that dome, you were dead within seconds. I was safe because I was a melee tank, but the healer and ranged DPS guy had to book it to me as fast as their little elf legs could take them.

Once the dome wore out, I had to dodge my ass off because the boss started to spawn a giant ass well of magic in a large circle under him. This is when we killed him. Had we not been fast enough (Unlikely) the circle of AoE damage would have kept growing larger and we would have had seconds to win the fight.

>Social content

There's basically none of that unless you run dungeons, do Thieve's guild heists, or PvP.

>Am I going to meet new people from levels 1-50 throughout my leveling experience, and have REASON to party with them?
Only if you run dungeons or PvP. If you buy the DLC, you'll likely also have you and your friends group up to do heists. Questing and exploring are almost always solo.
>>
File: 1456066291508.jpg (47 KB, 487x487) Image search: [Google]
1456066291508.jpg
47 KB, 487x487
>>334476371
>On par with GW2
>On par with the game that soured all my expectations, and made me jaded towards the entire medium
Non-ERP Roleplay sounds nice, but other than that you really aren't selling me on this game, Anon.
>>
>>334476779
You have to understand, people have low expectations for MMOs if they aren't completely deluded

Basically if a MMO has decent production value, and is based off their favorite IP or brand, it's considered worth playing.
>>
File: 1459262424185.jpg (49 KB, 682x682) Image search: [Google]
1459262424185.jpg
49 KB, 682x682
>>334476371
>on par with GW2
>>
File: 1414970690689.jpg (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1414970690689.jpg
96 KB, 400x400
I can see how this game would be fun to someone who enjoys quietly questing alone with an occasional dungeon, but I found the quests to be the dullest thing imaginable. None of the storylines were remotely interesting, and all quest objectives boiled down to the worst MMO cliches. Gameplay could've saved it, but it only stops being monotonous in dungeons. Good worldbuilding could've saved it, but it always follows the same linear formula of "arrive in new area - immediately see a quest - follow markers to the end - area is now done - find new area" with almost no deviation. Even though you can do these areas in any order it's just a different kind of complete linearity.

Also, I thought the art style was shit, especially architecture and armor design.

In short, it's a mediocre snoozefest with an enormous amount of repetitive boring quest content. I did like the dungeons, though, including some public ones. Do note that I've only done one alliance(the ebonheart pact), so maybe all this is suddenly better in the rest. I heard the DLC is much better as well.
>>
>>334476987

At least ESO is still getting actual content. GW2 has had two massive droughts by now - before and after the tiny expansion - and the "massive april patch" is a collection of minor tweaks at best.
>>
>>334476476
>because they're MMOs and do standard MMO things.
I wish more MMOs would do thing like LotRO with it's minstrels and music system and it's crafting that allows you to grow crops to harvest and make into food and beer and pipeweed or STO with it's (albeit somewhat shallow) naval combat.
Also MMOs that don't let you clock on a chair to sit down on it, what the fuck is with that? That seems like a barebones function but it's absent so often.
>>
>>334475764
> Is there guild and PVE content in this game that aren't just endgame raids?
No. The only things guilds do together are Dungeons, Trials (What you would see as raids.) and PvP.

The only other reason to join a guild is if you want to auction your stuff off through their guild trader.

There is no server/faction-wide auction house. Each guild can trade items through their guild store, and there are guild traders that guilds bid gold on for their use to sell their items publicly. Think of it like an NPC that you pay to be your player shop, but it's guild-wide and guilds compete over them like crazy.

>Is there any reason at all to force me to affiliate myself with the other players of this world

Not unless you PvP or do Dungeons, which is how you get the best gear in the game (Other than master-level crafting)

>or can I just easily solo to 50 by doing questlines without communicating with anyone?

You can treat this game just like you would treat any other Elder Scrolls game. You never have to talk to anyone if you're that kind of player. Plenty of people do nothing but quest 24/7 and just enjoy whatever DLC story quests come out.

However, there's more than enough group content for you to complete if you want to.

There's 18 dungeons (Each with a "Hardcore" mode for well-geared groups.) and 4 Trials. (12-man "Raids")

Nothing here forces you to do group conent. Nothing here stops you from doing group content.

If you're the type of player that doesn't NEED to be forced to group with people, you'll love this game.
>>
>>334476735
Found a video of that dungeon boss you were talking about. Looks cool as shit.

Also, guy goes Werewolf pretty early in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE6xYIMKbc4
>>
>>334477396
It's not that I need to be forced to group with people, it's that people in general need to be forced to group with me. I come from a FFXI and CoH background, where nothing in those games can be achieved alone. CoH was a lot more solo friendly than XI, but it did solo content correctly in that playing alone was a huge chore compared to steamrolling content in groups. Community only grows when you're basically FORCED to stick together. This is why the grand majority of modern MMO's have shitty communities now, because cross-server Group Finder and easy as shit solo content killed any reason to ever group up with another human being in this allegedly multiplayer game.
>>
>>334477846
Alright, let me goahead and get this out of the way:

There is a cross-server/cross-faction group finder. You're even ENCOURAGED to use it because to get a boost to EXP earned and item reward when you group up through the group finder instead of just grouping the old fashioned way.

There's what you'll not like to hear. If you're still reading after that, then I'm going to start explaining how they made this a good thing.

Instead of the process being: Choose what dungeon you want>LFG>Do dungeon, most people group under the category of "Random Dungeon." There's a daily reward of 100K EXP and a purple-named item for doing this. By getting players to group for a random dungeon, there's no way any one dungeon doesn't get played.

Next, players HAVE to communicate. It doesn't matter if you've run this same exact dungeon three times before, you will NEED to talk to your group and handle things WITH them. There's no getting around this. You're humans fighting against badass monsters that can kick your asses. Be ready to treat the situation as such.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.