[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mecha games need to make a comeback. no, not online-only shovelware.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1592_front.jpg (115 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
1592_front.jpg
115 KB, 640x908
mecha games need to make a comeback. no, not online-only shovelware.
>>
>>334462039
>mecha

just play dragonballz and pretend its a mech

same gameplay
>>
Here's to hoping FROM gets back into Armored Core games
>>
>>334462039
agreed. the only semi-recent thing I've had to tide me over was EDF, but the buzz has worn off and I'm hankering for another fix
>>
Armored Core 3 is the only one worth playing.
>>
>>334462187
Yeah, I think they'd rather make more cash cows than a niche genre

every since Demon's souls came out, there has only been 2 armored core games (and technically only 1 main line game) while there have been 2 more souls games and blood borne (not to mention the enhanced ports and shit)

Best hope of a mech game is hope that bamco makes an actually good mech game with one of their IPs. Make another gundom like rise from the ashes, hell, make another kisuna, but release it for anything other than arcade and hand held. I don't want arena shooters, muso games, or very shitty TPS.
>>
File: 1449585882.gif (56 KB, 407x212) Image search: [Google]
1449585882.gif
56 KB, 407x212
>>334462039
There is a part of me that would spend all of the money I have now if it would mean that >I could play a VR Mecha Game
>you get to use 2 joysticks + keyboard for controls
>there is ground and air based combat
>pros and cons to using the mecha and using other forms of combat
>>
>>334462187
Hopefully not. I want a company that isn't lazy as fuck with no standards to make a mech game.
>>
>>334462554
VR wouldn't work with any complex controllers unless you set up your real world controllers exactly like in game and have tracking gloves or something.

I'm sure there probably are people developing something like that already though.
>>
>>334462039
>>
I still need to play AC.
>>
is the moonlight blade originally from armored core, or king's field?
>>
File: Steel_Battalion_controllers.jpg (3 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
Steel_Battalion_controllers.jpg
3 MB, 3456x2304
>>334462554
>sb+vr

yes
>>
>>334462753

I think a couple of joysticks would work pretty well for movement and fire controls, looking can be accomplished with motion control on the headset. Maybe throw in a couple pedals if necessary.

I was a pretty huge mechwarrior and armored core fanboy so I would personally love to see the genre make a comeback, especially with VR.
>>
>>334462039
>not wanting to be a famous GUNDAM esports pilot in VR
>>
>>334462872
That's exactly what I had in mind! I can't believe I never saw this before
>>
>>334462976
If you can find stick with enough buttons on them it would work. Just as long as the set up doesn't require you looking in the real world for a button it would be fine.

Although not like that many super complex mech games around anymore.
>>
File: 1458198439876.webm (3 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458198439876.webm
3 MB, 1440x1080
>>334462753
>Wouldn't work with complex controls
>There are people that still need to look at their HOTAS/Keyboard.
Come on, grandma, step it up.
>>
>>334462039
>nobody plays nobody cares
mechas are dead just like arena shooters. you didnt care now devs dont either and they just make edgy shit for teenage kids like boring souls & league of hipsters
>>
>>334462872
Something like Vive would've sadly worked a million times better for that Kinect Steel Battalion game. It had a surprising amount of effort put into it but unfortunately being a Kinect game, it was doomed from the start and can be outright unplayable.
>>
>we will never get a knights of sidonia game
>>
>>334463347
>nihei just wants to take the money and run
>tfw biomega will never be finished
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.