[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
disaster.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: 489579435789345.png (501 KB, 875x343) Image search: [Google]
489579435789345.png
501 KB, 875x343
disaster.
>>
This should have been free. Instead, they charged $5 for what amounts to a settlement mod on nexusmods.
>>
File: tumblr_o1ki0c0huD1qa53wno9_540.jpg (66 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1ki0c0huD1qa53wno9_540.jpg
66 KB, 540x360
Not a comment on this item in particular, but I really hate that review scores don't matter until they do.

It's hypocritical. You don't get to laugh at how fucked up the God Hand review is, and then point to 9s and 10s and say "see, it's a good game!" Lots of people still do, though, because you've gotta have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>334444164
>/v/ is one person
>>
>tfw still occasionally lonely
>>
>>334444373
If you'd like to quote where I said all of /v/ does that, go ahead.

I'm just saying I don't like that behavior in general. I wouldn't have a problem with saying it happens pretty often here, though. Don't take it personally, you baby.
>>
No one fucking cares about your shitty DLC, Bethesda.

They're obviously fucking holding back the creation kit because they know the community can churn out way better shit than this in a week.
>>
Sucks to be poor I guess

Doesn't bother me, new shit is new shit

Enjoy being left behind in the mod scene poorfaggots
>>
>>334444583
not that anon but the implication you're making is that everyone argues the same way.
>>
>>334444164
This. I fucking hate faggots who bitch about journalist scores more than I hate the guys who think they're the final say. Why? Because most of those faggots will continue to cite review scores that favor their shitty opinions when it comes to bashing games they've been told not to like, usually by some shitty Youtuber they feel is more respectable than the rest of the putrid industry. Fuck, I guarantee half the people around /v/ regularly base their public opinions entirely on what they've been told to like in this echo chamber of stupidity alongside faggots like Angry Joe and shit.

Because it's so fucking hard to cross reference decent sources, right? How hard is it to refer to multiple reviewers and opinions to formulate a stance on a potential purchase? Christ, it's almost as if people can draw different conclusions based on their own experiences. It's not like people develop different tastes and expectations based on their individual backgrounds with games, right? Seriously. Fuck the "educated gamer" and everything they think they know.

That said, the DLC is shit.
>>
File: 1442467070592.jpg (106 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
1442467070592.jpg
106 KB, 283x424
>>334445280
Compare these two phrases:

>LOTS of PEOPLE
>EVERYONE on /V/

Then get back to me and tell me what you've learned. I think you'll find the results quite surprising!
>>
Doesnt 5.5 rounds to 6 which should be good or decent?

Why now only 7 is a good score?
>>
File: GRA.jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
GRA.jpg
39 KB, 460x215
>>334442517
>Obsidian makes a non story dlc that could have been a mod
>"wow this is amazing best non story dlc ever xD"
>Bethesda makes a non story dlc that could have been a mod
>"wtf this should have been a mod bethesda is soo greedy"
Gosh, Obsidrones really are the worst fanbase on /v/, Thank fuck they're only a vocal minority in the fallout fanbase.
>>
>>334444164
Thats because you failed to understand why reviewers are in most cases bad.

The single most important thing about journalism is being first. if you get the story first, you win. You get more views, more attention and more money. If you're exclusive its even better, not only do you win all of the above, you also force all other journalists to use you as a source.

This creates the single biggest issue with gaming journalism, which is bias. These journalists get invited out to events, get exclusive content and early access to companies like Bethesda, Blizzard, Valve, ect. If they are totally honest and say "FO4 is utter shit, probably one of the worst RPGs iv ever played" Do you think they get invited again? No. They lose that power and then lose customers because Kotaku or some other cocksucker website gets the views and attention instead on the next scoop because they were nice last time.

And thats why negative reviews are also good and praised on /v/. Because if you are negative against a company you cant at the same time be biased in favor of them.

Unless of course you are negative because its over something that doesn't matter, like some cheap ass DLC, and particularly after you gave the main game unjustifiably glowing reviews...
>>
>>334445639
You think /v/ is one person because you're autistic. You see some random guy praising reviews and another random shitting on them and think to yourself "/v/ sure can't make up his mind!"

You're an autistic idiot. One sentence at the end of your dumb self important rant isn't going to change that.

It's like going on a rant about how much you hate all jews and wishing hitler won then saying "Man, some jews are just annoying."

You're basically a mailbox personified. Get the fuck off of 4chan you anti intellectual cunt.
>>
>>334446003
Nigger, his OP specifically said "lots of people". Cure your illiteracy.
>>
>>334442517
well... 1st 2 have been pretty awful. Maybe the next one will be good.
>>
File: 1456251025371.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456251025371.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>334445892
>Comparing all the new unique weapons, weapon mods and ammo GRA added to WW's meager additions

You bethcucks are sad. GRA was also a doller cheaper
>>
>>334445658
When a reviewer assigns something a score based on a ten point scale, one of two things happens. Either:

- They're assigning the numbers arbitrary value based on their own taste, which is fine if they aren't acting like an authority, or

- The numbers are a stand-in for a highschool-esque grade scale where 50 is a failing grade instead of just average.

>>334445947
I think you're missing my point. I was just pointing out how it's stupid to laud high scores in support of a game you like while also complaining about how the system is broken when another game you like gets low numbers. Sort of just wish people would stop placing such weight on reviews in the first place.

>>334446003
Going straight for the Hitler analogy doesn't seem like the best way to win an argument, anon. And anyway, see >>334446149 .
>>
>>334446193
>>334446370

How about you read what was actually in my goddamn post before you samefag this hard?

>being so fucking pathetic you have to samefag because no one actually cares about you in real life
>>
>>334446370
>I was just pointing out how it's stupid to laud high scores in support of a game
Well those people are just stupid

better to not think about them
>>
File: b.png (7 KB, 668x158) Image search: [Google]
b.png
7 KB, 668x158
>>334446502
I'm gonna go ahead and stop addressing you.
>>
File: 5 out of 10.gif (2 MB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
5 out of 10.gif
2 MB, 500x329
>>334442517
>>
>>334444164
>>334444373
His point is, is that for your argument to make sense, you must believe that multiple people would laugh at how fucked up the God Hand review is, AND that they hold up 9 and 10s.
You must be assuming that there are ENOUGH people to say both of these that they're the majority, when everyone on here is anonymous, so you can't back that up. The opinions could be coming from two different people, or a vocal minority.
Yeah, you aren't saying it is one person, but you are saying a lot of opinions ARE from one TYPE of person. You're making assumptions.
>>
File: d.png (42 KB, 332x162) Image search: [Google]
d.png
42 KB, 332x162
>>334447090
And you're making a pretty big leap yourself assuming the opposite, considering you have about as much empirical data on your end as I do: none.

Listen, I'm sure that plenty of the instances I mention are the result of separate people. But I'm also sure that plenty of them are people trying to have it both ways, too, because A) I've seen it play out plenty of times in micro and macro, and B) frankly the internet's a big place and I would find it more unbelievable that a group that hypocritical DIDN'T exist.

I only ever said "lots", which if you'd care to crack open a dictionary, also isn't the same thing as a "majority". It's just "lots". I also never singled out this thread or even this board. I was just making an observation on a behavior I don't like, and I think some people took it a little too personally.

No, not all of you. Just to be perfectly clear.
>>
>>334448624
*Misused the word "empirical" -- let's just say "data". I wasn't the first person to misuse their words in this thread, so I don't feel too badly about it.
>>
Best thing about the DLC is the street lights and Fusion Reactor for 100 power.

Concrete walls were good for covering up the Castle too.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.