[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when can we expect remakes of Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11
File: Ratchet & Clank.jpg (35 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet & Clank.jpg
35 KB, 640x360
So when can we expect remakes of Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal?
>>
If the movie does well
>>
>>334441387
>stop with remakes
>never
>>
To be honest, only the first one felt particularly disconnected from the rest of the series. The HD versions of the rest hold up fine.
>>
>>334441387
Remakes? maybe, but the game itself has performed well enough critically and financially that we are pretty much guaranteed another R&C. Whether its a remake of GC or a completely new game that follows the new timeline is anyone's guess.
>>
>going commando remake
>less planets
>less weapons
>reuses future weapons again
>ratchet acts like a boy scout
>clank has even less lines
>nefarious is the final boss
>>
>>334442360
also it wouldn't have the original OST. Which would be crime since CG and UYA have the best soundtracks in the series.
>>
>>334442473
Forgot about that going commando had some good tracks
>>
>>334442360

GC was my favorite R&C game

If Insomniac messes with my precious Blitz Cannon then someone's gonna have to fuckin' pay
>>
>>334442360
I don't even remember what the finale boss of GC was.
>>
>>334442528
The protopet
>>
>>334442527

What weapons from the original did they even remove?
>>
Probably never. Insomniac probably want to move on to another IP or Sunset Overdrive 2.

I think this game painfully shows they have no clue what to do for weapons. They just reused everything from Future games, and the new weapons are boring. Even Sunset Overdrive has better weapon selection than this game
>>
>>334442528
The mutant Protopet. AKA the worst Final Boss in the series. Which is sad considering the final level was perfect up until that point.
>>
Fuck man I'm on the 9th or 10th planet after 3 sessions am I almost done ?
>>
>GC
Fucking never, most forgettable and narratively unimportant game in the franchise
>>
What about a new game?
>>
>>334442527
>blitz cannon isn't in it
>they just reuse the shard reaper
>>
>>334442646
You got about 3 levels left.
Then go collect everything and start Challenge Mode
>>
>>334441387
only played UYA and man was that game awesome. Inferno suit was cool looking
>>
>>334442597
Most of them except the glove of doom and the pyrocitor and it isn't even the original pyrcitor it's just the flamethrower from tools of destruction
>>
>>334442597
All of them except the Glove of Doom and I guess the RYNO even though its not the same. Hell they even went as far as to rename the future series flamethrower the "Pyrociter".
>>
>>334442894
The ryno is different from the original it's the ryno xtreme
>>
>>334442957

Oh god I just realized they'd butcher the RYNO II if they did a going Commando reboot

That shit was the premier murdergun
>>
>>334443181
They probably make inaccurate as shit and have it play some orchestral song when it's shot
>>
I'd rather get Sly 5.
>>
>>334443607

And I want Jak 4 but we're both never getting what we want
>>
>>334443705
It sucks that Sony has so many great platformer / mascot IPs yet does nothing with them.
>>
>try as he might, Ratchet found that he could not breathe underwater
>>
I'd rather them just make new games than do a bunch of half-assed remakes.
>>
File: image.png (122 KB, 361x370) Image search: [Google]
image.png
122 KB, 361x370
How is the Ratchet and Clank series going to proceed now that's it's been rebooted to align with the movies?
>>
>>334441387

Hopefully never. We need fresh games with fresh weapons. No more Groovitron, no more Mr. Zurkon. You can have weapons that serve similar functions, but they should be unique and creative.
>>
All GC needs is the 5 levels for weapon upgrades. Other than that, it's perfect. Even the graphics are better the way they are. UYA is flawless.
>>
>>334444073
Nefarious will be the villain of every game now
>>
>>334444092
And weapon balancing because the early weapons becomes useless later
>>
Either no angela Cross or they work in that runt boss from the future game and i guess they make qwark more sympathetic
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1600x2000
>>334444118
You can never have enough Lance and Janice.

But seriously, Nefarious is my favorite villain and I'm fine with him being a series regular but he shouldn't always be the end boss.
>>
>Not wanting a Size Matter remake

Casuals.
>>
I want to see a DLC featuring all the missing planets.
>>
up your arsenal and ratchet deadlocked were my introduction to online multiplayer games

those games had some dank multiplayer
>>
>>334444753
Actually loved that game.
A upgraded version for consoles would be great
>>
I hope the movie doesn't suck
>>
>>334444871
Hopefully they do some DLC due to the lower asking price.
Maybe just stuff like 'shadow sector pack', which could be a mini story with Orxon and 3 planets from deadlocked . And so forth
>>
>>334441387
I doubt they are going to remake those games.
Seems like Ratchet and clank will probably head into a new story direction which most likely mean different games.

i guess thats if the movie does well.
>>
>>334445075
I'd like an Arena planet for sure.
>>
>>334445219

I like you for sure.
>>
>>334441387
chances are if the movie is good enough there may be a going commando movie, but the game remakes will likely stop with this first one, the very first ratchet game is vastly different and less polished compared to its sequels that blow it out of the water and it ends up leaving the first game feeling like the black sheep of the series despite being the one to start it all. The remake more or less is an answer to that.

judging by how well the game sold to the point where they ran out of stock at amazon they will probably make a new ratchet and clank game soon thats the start of a new trilogy now that the future series is over.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 755x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 755x500
We should replace Ratchets voice actor with Audrey Plaza to make him likable and fun again.
Maybe also have this Ratchet design
>>
>>334441387
No chance, GC was the point where they got the game's pretty much right, a remake would be nothing more then a cashgrab since the Trilogy exists.
>>
>>334445707
Honestly, I'd like to continue the story but without Fixman. Have a game where instead of a new galaxy, it's dimensions, featuring the lombax dimension and ether dimension for exploration.
Ratchet finds his parents, gives his mum a little kiss, gets a happy ending and all that. Even if its just 1 game
>>
>>334445738

I want to impregnate Ariana Grande
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 192x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 192x199
>>334445738
wat
>>
>>334445738
Something about this Arianna Grande bitch screams *molested Illuminati engineered girl*
>>
File: The man with the master plan.jpg (274 KB, 1600x950) Image search: [Google]
The man with the master plan.jpg
274 KB, 1600x950
>>334446010
>>
>>334445075
I want Orxon, Hoven(No, making Batalia snowy does not a Hoven make) and Gemilk Base, and especially Oltanis back. Drek's Fleet and Umbris would be cool to see but it's not a huge deal to see them again.

Honestly I'd pay $20 for the full DLC if it means I can see the full game proper.
>>
>>334445990
Seriously, just imagine the cutscene of ratchet dancing to the Courtney gears video on Daxx, but with this new ratchet and the Aubrey plaza voice
>>
Is the new game worth buying if I have only played tools of destruction?
>>
>>334446309
You know, a lot of the levels could have easily been integrated. Batalia is a war planet and the whole point of hover was a destroying a bombing ship, they could have just put that path from hover in the level.
The Blarg station could have been a space exploration level where you fly your ship to each level (drek's fleet and Gemlik base).
Could have made it feel large and next gen
>>
>>334446514
>if I have only played tools of destruction?

wont really matter since the game is a reboot/retelling of the Ratchet and Clank games.
did you have fun playing tools of destruction? did you like that style of platformer? if so, you'll probably like R&C.

kinda surprised this game has a budget price. Literally one of the best looking console games so far.
its 30fps but far from being unplayable.
>>
Beat it and now am around halfway through challenge mode. Lot of fun although the gun selection is a bit iffy. Combuster sucks cock. Made me consider popping going commando or UYA in to just play again for the hundreth time. Seriously perfect games. If they remade those They'd have to really up the anti with gun selection, this remake was nice but it had some ups and downs with some choices. I just wanna use the rift inducer in stunning 1080p with this level of graphics
>>
>>334447513
The combuster, the fusion grenade, and the pyrocitor all suck
>>
>>334447513

is the rift inducer the one that makes enemies look ridiculous as it sucks them into a hole?
>>
>>334447579
I dont have a problem with the fusion grenade but yeah the pyrocitor sucked cause its so hard to aim even when you hold L2. Combuster is just so slow compared to all the base pistol weapons that I can remember. the storm from UYA was ridiculously fast at later levels. this feels like im tapping the button as slow as I can but im actually holding it down
>>
>>334447657
yeah its the gun that creates a black hole and just fucking eats everything alive. Probably my favorite gun in the whole series
>>
>>334447513
>Combuster
Yeah it's pretty shit really. Oh well.
>>
>>334447790
They just feel weak. They can't kill shit late game and in challenge and they run out of ammo all the time, the only thing they're good at is killing small enemies
>>
I just got this and the last R&C I played was Deadlocked.

I've mainly been upgrading the Bouncer and Mr Zurkon, am I doing this right?
>>
>>334448045
Yes keep upgrading the bouncer it destroys everything
>>
>>334447790
Can't be as bad A the constructor pistol
>>334447513
How about pokemon styled mega evolutions for the ratchet and clank guns?
>>
The pixelator gun is a wall of murder. Seriously that gun is kinda taking the piss with its overpoweredness.
>>
>>334441387
Hopefully never. We don't need remakes that ruin the story even further.
>>
>>334448045
You aren't supposed to be maining any weapon. Switch it up often.
>>
>>334448018
Almost everything runs out of ammo pretty fast. Or a lot faster than any other game. I havent played a R&C game since Crack in Time but I dont ever remember being like "fuck Im out on nearly everything" most the game.

>>334448045
Bouncer is pretty much the best weapon in the game for me. First one I got to max level both in normal mode and challenge mode. It just wastes enemies
>>
>>334448253
I don't remember having to worry about ammo this much in the original
>>
>>334448253

>He doesn't main Mr Zurkon
>>
>>334441387
2025 hopefully, maybe console hardware will be able to run at 60fps without looking like shit by then
>>
>>334448192
Reminds me alot of the shotgun from UYA cause you can charge it for a fuckhuge blast that rapes everything in front of you. really cool gimmick too.

>>334448143
They just really need to sit down and come up with new and interesting weapons instead of making "this games shotgun, grenade, saw blade shooting thing, etc. Granted they always make a really cool shotgun. they tend to play it safe and make one "out there" type weapon nowadays. And the remake didn't even have that.

>>334448384
Yeah I dont remember worrying about ammo period in any game. This game in particular has every weapon basically having no ammo capacity worth a damn.
>>
>>334448584
>maining a weapon that is a secondary fire machine

if you don't always have zurkon out you're doing something wrong, but you can't really main him. Send him out and bounce that shit and nothing survives
>>
>>334448714
>Reminds me alot of the shotgun from UYA cause you can charge it for a fuckhuge blast that rapes everything in front of you. really cool gimmick too.
Aw yeah. I loved that one.
>>
File: R&C returning weapons.jpg (103 KB, 279x427) Image search: [Google]
R&C returning weapons.jpg
103 KB, 279x427
>>334442597
>>
>>334448213
Are you kidding? In every R&C I just use a weapon until it's maxed and never touch it again since I have other stuff to max. Even for bosses I use the garbage weapons since the EXP is nice.
>>
>>334448990
UYA has some really good weapons. That liquid nitrogen gun was way overpowered. I remember beating one of the later bosses with it in less than 20 seconds.
>>
>>334449228
Hell the Pyrocitor wasn't even the Pyrocitor.I don't really understand why it was the only weapon to have an originals name.
>>
>>334449228
why get rid of the walloper that should be the easiest shit to make
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 572x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 572x336
>>334448714
Funnily enough the most unique killing weapon might be from size matters
>>
I don't know what the problem with Ratchet acting like a prick in the first game was. Its called character development. By the end of the game he learned the shit he was dealing with was bigger than himself and learned how to be a hero.
>>
>>334449443
>Tfw no mini wallopers with mike tyson punching fight style.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 160x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 160x313
>>334449453
Maybe the most unique villain too.
Why do people give size matters such a bad wrap? I understand secret agent clank, but size matters was great
>>
>>334449520
the problem is that the devs didn't want it and they wanted it out
>>
>>334449608
Size Matters is my favourite PSP game, I was surprised how well they translated the formula to such a weak handheld.
>>
>>334441387
I'd be okay with a GC remake if they kept it more faithful to GC.
No fucking zurkon, no fucking groovinator. And as much as I love Dr. Nefarious, he has no reason to be in GC so he better not show up ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 258x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 258x268
>>334449608
Also the only enemies in a series to react to a day/night cycle.
Might have been 10 planets long, but they made everything unique. With dream levels, entering clank, new armour systems and the works. Sucks that you can't swim in Pokitaru, though
>>
File: R&C returning levels.jpg (103 KB, 479x456) Image search: [Google]
R&C returning levels.jpg
103 KB, 479x456
>>
>>334449650
>muh art
deal faggot you don't know it all
>>
>>334450014
Still bummed Vedin wasn't the last level. Love it when games pull the whole "First level is last level" shit.
>>
>>334450410
Also removes a huge reason for ratchet being so dedicated to the plot
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.