[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's actually pretty good. Not ODDT firefight good by any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
It's actually pretty good.

Not ODDT firefight good by any means, but then again, what is?
>>
I agree.
At first I was worried due to the infinite lives, but it actually does take a lot of teamwork to do correctly.
>>
How does it compare to all tertiary Halo game modes?
>>
I agree, fellow gamers. Halo 5 Warzone Firefight is looking pretty epic! I'm going to preorder at Game Stop.
>>
>>334437496
>How does it compare to all tertiary Halo game modes?

1. ODST Firefight
2. Reach Invasion
3. Guardians Warzone Firefight
4. Guardians Warzone Assault
5. Reach Firefight
6. Guardians Warzone
7. Spartan Ops
>>
I miss good Halo
>>
>>334437335
Is this on legendary?
I die so fast.

Don't get me wrong, I like it that way. Just curious.
>>
>>334438613
>I miss good Halo
Then play Guardians. The multiplayer is great.

Unless of course you mean "Halo 3", which would mean you're just a nostalgic Halo 3 babby. It was a step down from 1 and 2 in campaign and a step down from 2 in multiplayer.
>>
>>334438613
The Halo 5 campaign is fucking abysmal, but the multiplayer is the best since 2.
>>
>>334437335
I like it, but I wish there was a social option so I could play with just friends.

Guess I shouldn't complain. It was free after all.
>>
>>334437335
I'm wary about using my reqs on enemies, but the Req points you get if you win... might make it worth it honestly
>>
>mfw mythic Wardens
Thank the heavens these weren't in campaign
>>
>people actually like halo 5
kek
>>
>>334438648
It's on legendary.

I'm glad. More game modes should use legendary damage tables
>>
>take out game modes
>release them later as "free dlc"
what was the fucking point
>>
>>334438756
Different anon, I would argue on campaign. Halo 2 easily had the worst campaign in the trilogy. Heavy emphasis on story, massive amount of scripted events, heavily linear environments, movable levels, the campaign literally threw away almost all of the freedom of Halo CE. The only levels that were good were the ones that were more opened. Never forget the gondolas and scarabs. CE & 3 were superior because it add story dialogue to the gameplay. If you wanted to know story details in Halo CE & 3 all you needed to do was listen to characters or radio coms. Halo 2 force fed that shit down your throat. Halo 3 also brought back the massive open sandbox level designs of Halo CE making up for Halo's lack of them.
>>
>>334440712
meant Halo 2's lack of them.
>>
>>334440712
>Halo 2 easily had the worst campaign in the trilogy.
I have literally never met anyone that believes this, but I'm not gonna argue over it either. 2 had some bullshit I can't stand like the boss fights. I loved the difficulty though.
>>
>>334440712
I enjoyed the scarab fights in 3 a lot.
Wish there were more of them.

Glad one came back in ODST, though I think it was optional?
>>
>>334437335
odst firefight was barebones shit.
>>
>>334438841
the story is shit, the levels themselves are fantastic
>>
>>334440712
I thought Halo 2 was the best, its campaign actually was worth a damn. Interesting to see those scripted events and linear story lines that explains that after story to Halo: CE and it fits well with the books.
>>
>>334441084
I don't know where you been then this is possibly the only forum that believes it had the best out of the trilogy. Halo 2's campaign wasn't evening originally supposed to have as many cutscenes. Master chief wasn't supposed to blow up the Covenant Assault carrier with a bomb. there was originally a level after the Cairo Station on that ship where Chief had to destroy the ship's core with plasma mortars and then free fall (in gameplay) to the In Amber Clad while the ship blew up above him. Then there was the Gravemind's original introduction (also through gameplay). Taking away the gameplay aspect of a game ruins it, story needs to be integrated into the gameplay this why Halo 2 is the worst in the trilogy.
>>
Played the Beta today.

It was OK, nothing fantastic, boring and endless waves of enemies. Covies and Prometheans.
>>
>>334439870
>3 fucking tanks, 2 ghosts, 1 wraith at the same time and it still takes like 3 minutes to kill him.
These fuckers are fucking tough
>tfw you get the kill
>>
>>334441709
confirmed for not playing it
>>
>>334441415
I think the levels are atrocious but I love the multi so I'll agree to disagree
>>
>>334441709
>endless
Thanks for outing yourself
>>
>people ever cared about firefight
love this meme
>>
>>334441856
I tell you, its boring. The firefight update has to be the biggest disappointment I have seen wise of a Halo 5 update.

The free shit that 343 is giving is pathetic and Halo 5 is still a disaster of a game.

Forge should have been out on release, so it does not count as a "cool new update".
>>
>>334441618
I'm fine with it fitting with the books but I don't like my freedom taking away from me because I have to beat the game the way the game wants me to beat it. I usually replay Halo 2 campaign the least out of the original trilogy because it's too scripted. In Halo CE & 3 I can play both games in multiple different ways because of the sandbox gameplay. Halo 2 had its moments but then falls part when the storyline takes center stage over the gameplay. Story and gameplay should be intertwine with one another so that the experience is the player's experience not the character of the story.
>>
>>334442004
Endless is a relative term, it feels endless. It was not something that was particularly engaging, did not make me feel that the enemies were dynamic when entering the map.

Hence, "endless" boring waves until victory.
>>
>>334442119
Fair enough.
>>
>>334442032
>Spot the newfag
>>
>>334442284
>Spot the shill
>>
>>334442032
Exactly.

In ODST, it was exciting for a short-period of time. Then it just got simply repetitive and boring.

Halo 5 just adds the ability to spawn in vehicles and different guns.
>>
>>334442376
They're two completely different game types
Stop shitposting
>>
I've had a good time playing it.
Will have more replay ability when they add more maps
>>
>>334441679
I don't get your point.

Halo 2 has both the best story, and the best campaign missions, as well as the most campaign missions.

Is there a lot of cut shit? Yeah, but it's still the best in every conceivable way.

>>334442119
Ah okay, I can understand your issues with it then, though I'd disagree, especially in regards to the gameplay intertwined with story thing, halo 2 is great at that, there's so much lore and narrative stuff in the environments.
>>
File: 018.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
018.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>334440712
>Halo 2 easily had the worst campaign in the trilogy
>>
>>334444197
"The best in every single way" is a stretch. I'll always prefer the original the most, but the Halo 2 campaign is certainly better than Halo 3.
Halo 3's campaign is piss easy.
>>
>>334444761
Deal with it, it did. It's the main reason why every Halo campaign after 3's is disappointing as well. I'n not here to have the game play itself for me. I don't want to watch a fucking series, I want to play a game. If you can't intergrate a game's storyline with the gameplay and choose to steal potentially awesome gameplay moments from the players, then you have already ruined your game. Why couldn't I blow up the Assault Carrier, why couldn't the Scarab fight not be scripted, why did I need the level move to the finish line instaed of me walking my happy ass to the finish line myself, and why couldn't I take control of the Scarab to blow open Halo's control room doors? Why is Halo 2 and all other Halo game's after Halo 3 so fucking linear, and why am I watching my character do all of this shit instead of me doing it myself? If you can't see the problems of why Halo 2 campaign fails to be as good as Halo CE and 3's campaign then it makes me believe that you hate any single game that gives any since of freedom and just like linear scripted events where the character does you job for you while you sit and do nothing but watch.
>>
>>334444809
I think ce easily has the worst campaign in the series, and has the second worst story, only ahead of 4's, and 4's could have easily beat it and many of the other games had they just made some dialog changes.

ce's missions are super repetitive and are very coorridory (and the few levels that do have large outdoor segments are too wide and empty) There's much less enemy and sandbox variety, and the whole second half reuses a ton of geometry from the first half just with flood. The story is also super barebones. It just hasn't aged well.
>>
>>334447165
>playing halo for the story
>>
>>334448554
>not knowing halo's lore is one of the most expansive and best in vidya medium
>>
>>334448716
I never implied anything of the sort, I am simply affirming that the main draw of the campaign has never been the narrative, but rather the combat
>>
>>334440712
>Halo 2 easily had the worst campaign in the trilogy
What the fuck am I reading? I've never heard anyone say this before. Hell it's arguably the best campaign in the series. It's only problem is the complete lack of satisfying ending (which you still got to fight an actual boss I guess), and some people hated playing as based Arby.

Seriously anon, how is it possible to have such shit taste? Like I'm the kind of person that can respect other peoples opinions, but wow.
>>
>>334449001
I consider both equally important but separate elements.
>>
>>334449351
The problem isn't the ending as shit as it was or the Arby. The problem is that the campaign is scripted pile of shit. How hard do I need to spell this out for you. It's clear as day that you like your games playing itself over you having to do some work to get their. Muh story don't mean shit if you ain't playing the story and the story is playing itself. In Halo CE I had a variety of weapons and vehicles to use at my disposal. Halo 3 the Scarab was a gameplay element that I could take out anyway I felt like it. Halo 2 was a scripted pile a shit that forced me to play the game it wanted me to play.

PS: all of the boss fights except Regret were shit.
>>
It's piss easy, they should bring back the Lives system and make it harder, or at least lower the time limit.

I played 4 games and died once because i went full retard with my gungoose
>>
>>334438540
Spartan Ops was fucking shit and you had to have gold just to play the fucking thing. It was an abortion at best.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160412-214711.jpg (350 KB, 1400x1068) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160412-214711.jpg
350 KB, 1400x1068
>playing breakout
>everyone else on my team is in a private chat
>>
Its actually really fucking shit if you ask me.

Every wave is braindead and the only time my team has failed is when its defend the base, because the retards keep shooting the phaetons instead of clearing the knights.

Too easy, not as challenging as ODST, but I guess its better than Reach
>>
>>334450792
I think it needs some work, but I can see the potential.
I like that it's not just a guaranteed win.
>>
>>334450658
This is the worst.
Once you hit diamond rank, you basically need to be in a party of 4.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.