[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>great level design that actually feels like a real world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
>great level design that actually feels like a real world instead of a video game world (Dark Souls 2) or a tiny ass world where everything of consequence is within 10 seconds walking distance of one another
>consistently good bosses
>the most content of any souls game without DLC
>combat that challenges the player without being extraordinarily cheap like DS2
>interesting characters and spin on the lore of DS1
>good enemy variety
>actually fucking finished
>good music

You have 10 seconds to tell me why this isn't the most polished, complete, and best Souls game to date.
>>
Demon's Souls exists (and needs a remake)

Compare tower of latria to DS3's "totally not tower of latria" (t. Irithyll dungeon)

Tower of Latria is unequivocally better, even if demons souls is less refined
>>
>>334413236
>muh interconnectivity

There, all das1 contrarians can say.

/thread
>>
>>334413236
>great level design

Are you guys retarded? There's nothing great about it. It's ugly, clunky and insanely hard for no reason.
>>
>a tiny ass world where everything of consequence is within 10 seconds walking distance of one another

This is dark souls 3 exaclty.
>>
>>334413236

>shite hub shoehorned into the game
>can't do anything at bonfires beyond healing/sorting spells
>can't even allot your estus at bonfires, have to go back to the fucking hub
>hub is poorly designed and has the npcs spread out too far (compare it to BB where everything you need is in one room with the doll just outside it)
>yet another level up NPC instead of simply leveling at the bonfire
>this NPC, as with Dark Souls 2, absolutely has to spout some lines every single time you want to level up, and she does this IN ADDITION to the lines ripped off from MiB that she drops while you're leveling
>piss poor interconnectivity, you warp to completely different cells twice within the first hour of the game
>linear as fuck, the whole game is pretty much a straight line with the very rare branch that only lasts a single area before you hit a dead end
>weapon skills are a shit answer to transformations and most aren't worth using. R1 spam is still king
>backstabs are a sort of awful hybrid of DaS1 and 2 and often fail to work properly, leaving your character swiping at the air
>game is ugly as sin in a lot of areas, especially the forest and swamp
>encounter design is often DaS2 tier mob bullshit
>there's a number of enemies with retarded amounts of stamina who'll swing their weapon in 240 degree arcs endlessly
>bosses are piss easy and often have adds
>god awful weapon balance
>obnoxious fanservice with zero subtlety
>>
>>334414385
this
biggest disappointment of the series when I realised literally the whole game world is visible from the banner holding cutscene
>>
>>334413610
Demon's Souls wasn't that good.
>>
Don't want to make a new thread.
Am I the only person who can't play at all? I sometimes get to the character screen but even ewhen I create one it says memory cannot be read. I have a 970 and have tried different things, I've never had a game at launch be this bad.
>>
>>334414496
this.

It also bugs me that all these lands are right next to eachother. Sure muh lotric "where shits converge" and time is convoluted
>>
>>334414385
But everything in Lordran is crammed together too.
>>
>>334413236

>Good enemy variety

Ehhhh I agree with your other points but enemy variety is pretty lacking in this one. A lot of the enemies feel like rehashed Bloodborne enemies. I guess if you never played Bloodborne, which is probably most of /v/, I can see why you think there is a lot of variety, but a lot of them feel really similar to anyone who has played Bloodborne.
>>
>>334413236
Literally, fuck this shit. I'm installing MGR:Revengeance for an actual game worth my time. I honestly can't understand all the fuzz - DS3 looks like shit, plays like shit and, generally, is shit.
>>
the "lmao infinite stamina with 7 hit string" enemies in this game are a bit much

black knights are like triple the power level of das1 in this game
>>
File: 1455249342997.jpg (74 KB, 632x601) Image search: [Google]
1455249342997.jpg
74 KB, 632x601
>yfw DS2 still exists
>>
>>334414474
i have to admit, the boss adds really do bug me a bit, especially when they're set to respawn.
>>
>>334413610
Demon's Souls had some awful mechanics like World Tendency, some of the bosses were pretty bad (Dragon God especially), every World exept World 1 ends with a gimmick boss that in most cases isn't even a real boss fight (fight invader, activate levers, use Storm sword, fight what is basically an NPC phantom or snipe with bow), World 2 in general feels really generic and uninspired, no proper endgame or boss (even though DeS fanboys like to pretend that False King is the final boss), movement in general feels a lot clunkier than in later games, etc. . I think DeS was great for its time and might still have some of the most atmospheric levels in the series, but overall it was more of a proof of concept for a great game than a great game itself. That said: Yes, a remake would be fantastic.
>>
>>334415140
DaS2 > DeS
>>
Dark souls 3 has the worst level design though. Every map is literally "here is a bigass area with no clear indications on where to go" instead of the old designs like boletaria, yharnam, basically all of dark souls 1 that we're used to
>>
>>334414840
There is not a single point in this game where "time is conveluted" shows up.
Lodran was always there and so was Anor Londo. Dark Souls 2 lore just fucked everything up.
>>
>>334413236
Game is great, but have some problems- performance(on pc mostly), bugs, balance issues
>>
>>334415225
Worst opinion I've seen in a while. Final bosses of the world obviously are not meant to be like normal boss fights, you can't compare them to other bosses in the series, they're meant more to just be cool ways to finish a leve. World tendency wasn't bad, if you really think so then you would really hate older rpgs since ignoring it is possible. Also false king is the last boss FIGHT, not the last boss.
>>
>>334415345
>Every map is literally "here is a bigass area with no clear indications on where to go"

I thought it was too linear? which one is it?
>>
>>334416149
Having a series of big hallways is still a series of hallways.
>>
>>334413236
now they just need to fix Endurance so every character doesn't feel like an asthmatic with lung cancer.
>>
>>334413236
I'm really done with these ever expanding hallway dungeons that have plagued the series since the back half of Dark 1. It was okay in Demon's because you could at least switch between stages on a whim, and it was tolerably in BB due to loot mattering less, but this series really has gone downhill overall.

Every time I play Demon's and Dark it's still different because I can always find a new build to try that will have a completely different path through the early game. I didn't get my hopes up for Dark 3 suddenly flipping the script but I am a little disappointed with how formulaic this series is now. I've only barely touched NG+ so maybe that will salvage it, but after BB's lackluster NG+ I'm not expecting much.
>>
>>334414474

>someone will reply to this obvious bait unironically
>>
>>334415225
>like to pretend

you are legitimately stupid, they don't pretend, he IS the last boss as in videogame boss type, the true king is a symbolic thing, he is a fucking blob that you are putting out of its misery, you can't be fucking serious, it's like saying that archdrake is shit because he dies in one hit, you are legitimately retarded
>>
>>334413236
The poise stat is even more convoluted than it was in DS1 or DS2. Same thing with enemies, some seems to have infinite poise while others don't have anything at all
>>
>Endurance being useless
No, I don't really give a fuck if you think it was 'unbalanced' in DaS1, saying Endurance is overpowered is like saying Vigor/Vitality(DaS1) is overpowered.
>>
>>334416237
You're not making any sense. "Big hallways" wouldn't need to give an indication of where to go, since there would only be one way to go. It can only be one or the other
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.