[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DS Flash carts for 3ds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: flashcarts.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
flashcarts.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
I cannot find a straight answer to this on any forum anywhere,
so I hope you guys might know.

I have a N3DS and I want to play DS games on it.

I want to get a Flash Cart that will play only DS games and will work on the N3DS that hasn't been patched out yet.

What Flash Cart best fits that description?

I don't want to hack the system, and I don't want to hear that shit, I don't care, I just want to play DS games.
>>
>>334412980
I'm not going to give any recommendations, do your own research. But just so you know, if you find one that works it will always work. Nintendo doesn't block these anymore.
>>
File: 1456680772464.jpg (80 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1456680772464.jpg
80 KB, 900x702
>>334413274
What do you think I've been doing you fucking dumbass?

You think I googled for 2 minutes, I've been searching for two weeks.

I hate asking /v/ this shit because it turns into a shit show, but here I am.

Fuck you
>>
>tfw you still have to break out your DS Lite to play DS flash cart games

I want to use my 3DS's superior speakers.
>>
I would also like to know this answer. I went ahead and got a sky3ds+ and love it, except I fucking hit my switch game tab by accident and now 49 hours of my bravely default file is corrupt. Gonna speed run it till I get back.
>>
>>334412980
R4, kid.
>>
>>334413542
>he bought a sky3ds+
What a dumbass.
>>
I can't speak for the New 3DS but my DSTWO works just fine on my 3DS XL
>>
File: srs.jpg (72 KB, 804x685) Image search: [Google]
srs.jpg
72 KB, 804x685
>>334413774
Are you fucking serious?

Which one?
There are 5 Fucking models
>>
>>334412980
http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/8-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-2013.html
Literally the best possible option.
Plus it can play Gameboy and NES games.
>>
File: goodjob.jpg (12 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
goodjob.jpg
12 KB, 400x297
>>334413948
Thank you very much, friend!
>>
>I don't want to hack the system
Well, you're just narrowing down your choices then. Get an expensive card then instead of a old cheapass R4 card
>>
https://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart

There's also something on GBATemp that's supposed to assist in using DS flashcarts, but I didn't look too deeply in to it.
Essentially, if the card has a firmware update that lets it run on 3DS, you should be alright.
>>
>>334412980

Supercard DSTwo is the best answer. That has always been the best card. Works on 3DS.

Most R4 clones work too.
>>
>>334414301
>>334413948
this
the DSTwo works like a charm
>>
>>334414618
>>334414301
>>334414239
Thank you,
I really appreciate the info
>>
I have a r4i gold, and it works like a charm
>>
>>334414703

Just remember you're probably going to need a regular DS(not sure if a DSi is appropriate) or somesuch in order to upgrade the card firmware properly.

I kept my old DS Lite around specifically for the job, myself.

Or just check to see what's necessary just in case - they stopped making patches that would affect the DSTwo from working on the 3DS a long time ago, but early firmware variants probably won't work.
>>
>>334414912

Not really true for several reasons.
>Nintendo stopped blocking flashcarts years ago
>When you buy a flashcart new, it's almost always on the latest update
>Even if it's not, the DSTwo is unique in that it can update itself without an older, compatible DS
>>
>>334415041

That's why I said to check, I really don't know how they go about that kinda thing!

Also, if a game locks the use of the L/R/Start buttons(as in completely prevents their input, rather than just having their input be pointless) you won't be able to use the Quick Menu inside a game.
>>
Thinking of getting a DSTwo, how's the SNES and GBA emulation?
>>
>>334417216
bretty bad.
>>
>>334412980

The only reason to pay extra money to get a Supercard DSTwo is if you want to play GBA/SNES games, but considering you can hack your 3DS now for free and get all that for free it's pointless.

Just get an r4i gold RTS card. It's the cheapest option.
>>
R4 Infinity works pretty well and never let me down

It can't play GBA / SNES but as said here >>334417849 it's pretty pointless to shell out the extra money since you can homebrew your 3DS for emulators and shit without the need to downgrade it thus far

http://www.r4infinity.com/
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.