[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Welcome to Cinemark. >>One ticket for Drive please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 24
File: logo.png (32 KB, 345x83) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
32 KB, 345x83
>Welcome to Cinemark.
>>One ticket for Drive please.
>Sorry sir but that movie stopped showing 5 years ago. Would you like a ticket for Batman vs. Superman or The Jungle Book instead?
>>No. Drive.
>Sorry sir but you're going to have a choose a movie that's showing or get out of line.
>>*unsheathes katana, runs to the projector room naruto-style, puts a USB stick in the digital projector and plays Drive (2011).mkv"
>>THIS IS WHAT I WANT. YOU THINK I WANT THE NEW MOVIES BUT I WANT THIS INSTEAD. BEND TO MY WILL.

literally /v/
>>
oh look this thread again
>>
>pay for DVD in 2005
>watch it enjoy it
>want to watch it again 11 years later
>"no sir you have to watch this movie we released last week you cannot watch this old one!"

Literally OP
>>
Desperate. Your turn.
>>
>no McRib
shit analogy
>>
>it's a games are services argument
into the trash it goes
>>
>>334401952
Does that DVD come with a TOS that says its content will change over time and become available at some point?
>>
>>334401952
But who was phone?
>>
>>334402043
yes
>>
File: No Fedora.jpg (74 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
No Fedora.jpg
74 KB, 479x720
REMEMBER KIDS

YOU CAN'T SPELL "BAD ANALOGY" WITHOUT "ANAL"
>>
inb4 copypasta
>>
>>334402129
That's like the best part of these shit threads.
>>
>>334402126
ANAL [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
>>
>>334401761
man drive memes were the best thing to come out of /tv/
>>
>You can only play the remastered version on an emulator
>Using cartridges in an old console on your tube TV is not allowed

can i make memes too?
>>
File: happy Tony.jpg (61 KB, 567x800) Image search: [Google]
happy Tony.jpg
61 KB, 567x800
>be playing with my mythic guild
>am one of the officers, recruit lots of people, a handful even stood long term and became core
>be there since wotlk, slowly progressed to becoming one of the pillars
>a guy that just got here a month ago, hasn't even got raider rank whispers me saying he has something of worth to ask me
>he says he's actually the officer of a heroic raiding guild and seeing how I perform I could give him some suggestion
>think to myself I'm gonna play along and pretend I'm interested in his pitiful guild
>say sure, give him the link to a post I made after editing it and fucking up rotation and gliphs
>the day after I log on
>he immediately whispers me screaming how he got kicked from the raid for doing sub par dps all because of my post
>tough luck kiddo
>whisper the GM of his guild, tell him how he's trying to jump ship to get into mine because he thinks you're lame
>he shits himself seeing my guild's name (top 5 worldwide)
>one minute later dumbo has been kicked out of his guild
>tell this in trade chat too adding some more details here and there to make sure no decent guild will ever add him again
>GM of his old guild even gives me his house address at my request
>tell this to Adam (GM of my guild) on Vent and we laugh it off
>he asks the retard to come on vent one day and invites him to our channel
>he's basically crying at this point asking me why I put all that effort into hurting him
>reveal to him that us elite mythic raiders are hardcore about everything we do
>proceed to swat him and his family 4 fun, dog got killed
>>
Why is there an argument against Nostalrius? I seriously don't get it.

They weren't charging for it, they weren't taking sales from Blizzard, they weren't steal Blizzard servers.
>>
File: 1460732282896.jpg (146 KB, 900x572) Image search: [Google]
1460732282896.jpg
146 KB, 900x572
>>334401761
We thought we did, and we did.
>>
File: 1460363474333.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1460363474333.gif
3 MB, 350x263
>>334401761
Holy fuck, I know this is bait, but this is the dumbest strawman I have seen in a week. Even worse than the sandwich artist shit. Please, never post again.
>>
>>334404069
shills, blizzdrones, shitposters taking advantage of the situation
>>
>>334401761
Rephrase this as a food metaphor, please.
>>
Were Blizzard really losing any money by this server running? It was non-profit and I would imagine most of the people on it only want to play Vanilla WoW. It's not like they're all going to start playing the main game in stead.
>>
So who here stopped playing at the end of WotLK?
>>
>>334404659
>suffering through ToC
>>
>>334404583
Does it matter? Just play the new game.
>>
>>334404723
no
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_090714_002542.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_090714_002542.jpg
134 KB, 1920x1080
>Want to play Ocarina of Time
>Plug in n64 and fucking play it

>Want to play Vanilla
>I'm a pirate piece of shit

Ya, nah. Fuck you.
>>
>>334404723
Why would I play Diablo 3 when I could be playing Diablo 2?
>>
>>334404871
because you can play a paladin without being a nigger in d3
>>
File: 1460380216017.png (221 KB, 368x379) Image search: [Google]
1460380216017.png
221 KB, 368x379
HI WOOWEE
>>
>>334404871
uhh guess you enjoyed outdated shit?
I bet you think Resident Evils were good before RE4
>>
At least it wasn't a fucking food analogy this time.
>>
>>334404583
Protecting IP and all that biz or people kept on spamming about it on forums.
>>
>>334404723

I have, I joined around the time WoD had been out for a couple of weeks. Played for about 2 -3 months after getting a few characters to around lvl 65 my interest dropped.

I'd probably still play it every now and again if it weren't so expensive.
>>
Why doesn't Blizzard just make World of Warcraft 2?
>>
>>334401761
At least it's not a food analogy
>>
>>334405104
DUDE

TITAN

LMAO
>>
>>334405104

Because then they'd have to add new features as opposed to just adding some more quests / raids and changing a few line of code.

Surely Blizzard can't be expect to actually work to earn their millions?
>>
>>334405104
because money
Everything can be answered like that
Why doesn't Blizzard just _____? money.
Why does Blizzard do _____? money.
>>
File: 1417740903103.png (435 KB, 637x599) Image search: [Google]
1417740903103.png
435 KB, 637x599
>>334404979
I like Resident Evil 2, yes. I also prefer Melee to Smash 4. Are you trying to make a point? Just because something is the newest iteration of a series doesn't automatically make it the best. Compare Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI to XII. Or The King of Fighters 98 to 99.
>>
>>334404659
I quit a little after ICC was released. My guild was a floundering bitch fest and I had enough. I'd log on and immediately get whispers about other players in the guild sucking. I didn't give a fuck anymore.

But based on what rumors I had heard about cata at the time I would have probably quit around then anyway.
>>
>>334402302
did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] ?
>>
>>334405202
>Changing a few lines of code
Sometimes not even. If the framework for the engine is finished, sometime's it's a matter of dragging and dropping assets into a location and then typing up some quest shit. Most companies like this produce easy to use engines with simple interfaces so they can give an intern a to-do list of shit that needs to go in the game and the intern can just do it.

For patches, yeah, lines of code. But not much. Changing a number here or there.

This is why Valve is such shit.
>>
>>334405180
>hello sir welcome to the movie theatre you can have your choice of popcorn or candy
>I want chicken
>sir we don't-
>I WANT CHICKEN
>>
>>334401761
That was pretty funny.
>>
>>334405435
My movie theater listens to its customers. We serve chicken. And curly fries, and mozzarella sticks.
>>
>Welcome to the chess tournament
>>Why do you guys use dices and why is there a dragon dildo in the middle of the board
>Well we added lots of new exciting things in the game. Wait you don't have a dragon dildo?
>>I just want to play chess
>Sorry, but that version of Chess is outdated now. Come back with a wyrm wang and some dices if you want to play.
>>
>>334405104
They tried and failed in pre-production.
>>
>>334401761
>literally /v/
except /v/ almost universally gets a buzz out of celebrating this server's demise
>>
>tfw kind of want to play WoW just because I have weird itch to just grind and dick around
>dont feel like 15 dollars a month

How hard is to earn those monthly tokens? Friend of mine says its not that hard depending on what server you're on.
>>
>>334405913
>tfw you can't work your way from a trial account to a full account like in EVE
>>
>>334405913
price of tokens going up is making it more difficult, but it's really not too bad because you can get a lot of money from your garrison once you level it up
>>
>>334401761
WoW was a mistake. Vanillafags/Nostfags are more annoying than DorkSoulsfags and bronies.
>>
>>334401761
A more apt analogy would be:

> Welcome to Best Buy
> Hey do you have any Star Wars original trilogy?
> Sure. Here you go. The Star Wars Episodes 4-6 Enhanced Limited Edition Set.
> I wanted the original trilogy as it was on VHS.
> No you don't, look at all these wacky alien things Lucas added in Episode 4 that clutter the scenes. You think you want the old version, but you don't.
> No. Fuck you. Those "enhancements" didn't do anything for the movie, in fact it looks worse now somehow.
> Fuck it, I'll just go online and go find some originals.
> Sir, sorry, but all forms of the originals are being destroyed as we speak. Including your VHS copies.
> But I paid for those... I was effectively paying for those again?
> If you like Star wars so much, then buy the Special Enhanced Limited Edition Blu-rays!
> You said you had them on DVD!
> Well an upgraded edition was released yesterday, so all of the previous ones were rendered moot.
> Those weren't even that good!
> I thought you liked Star Wars.
> I do. Without the extra bullshit Lucas keeps putting on the re-releases!

repeat ad nauseum.
>>
>>334405478
Bringing your laptop into Arby's and watching a movie does not make it a movie theater.
>>
>>334406436
>Implying
I work at the nicest theater in the country.
>>
>>334406840
Oh, you must work at my theater.
Any chance you could hook me up with an anvil discount?
>>
>>334406986
What theater you working at nignog?
>>
>>334401761
retard when the fuck are you going to get it and stop making posts like thsi

fact most of the wow player base wants vanilla servers

fact nost was one of the biggest free servers on the planet

fact wow right now is a pile of casual shit thats only slightly better then other piles of shit like the tortanic

bliz better do what the players are telling them and let nost come back or else wow will go the way of every shit mmo
>>
>>334403794
Wow, asshole!
>>
>>334407015
I don't work at my theater, I just frequent it.
So how about that anvil discount?
Maybe the next time I get crab legs you can just pick out the best ones for me?
>>
>>334401761
Hmm this is better than the food anology but its not a perfect example since old dvds can be purchased online or at stores but you CANT just buy Vanilla WoW
>>
File: Screenshot (349).png (114 KB, 339x348) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (349).png
114 KB, 339x348
It's not that they canceled it. It's that they're not even offering an alternative for the paying customers who continue giving them money.

It would be the equivalent of Nintendo shutting down AM2R, then telling the fanbase to piss off and that they're never making a remake of Metroid 2.
>>
>>334403794
k
>>
>>334407363
Not quite an appropriate analogy because you can still buy and play Metroid 2, and you can easily emulate it.
The long and short of it is that WoW is more of a service due to it's online nature, so this akin to a company no longer offering a service you want to make use of.
>>
>>334403794
bro that is awesome posts like that are why i love vidya and /v/
>>
>>334404723
But its not fun
>>
>>334405435
These food anologies get worse and worse
>>
>>334401761

I paid for the game. The only thing Blizzard owns is my Blizzard account, which I don't use to log into a private server.

I want to play WoW pre-expansions because I prefer the community it creates. Blizzard aren't even offering an alternative to these private servers when they shut them down. They want me to resub, log in once a day to do the dailies in a deserted server, spend $30 in the cash shop and leave.
>>
>>334406417
So far thats the best example I've seen in this threads so far
>>
>>334403794
>mythic
>hardcore
>saying you're top five worldwide in world of facebook like it still means something

nice fantasy otherwise bby
>>
>>334403794
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/%3Ebe%20playing%20with%20my%20mythic%20guild/
Fucking loser, kill yourself.
>>
File: 1452745601744.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
1452745601744.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
>go to book store
>sales artist says "Do you want Naruto or Twilight?"
>I say "No, I want Of Mice and Men"
>"But we don't carry outdated old books like that anymore. You should learn to enjoy Naruto or Twilight"
>"But both are dumbed down genre fiction for children full of contrived plot points and with an obnoxious protagonist, while Of Mice and Men is for adults and has good characters"
>Pull out tablet and download a PDF of the book you want
>"SIR, THAT'S ILLEGAL, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE THE PREMISES."
This is how retarded you all sound.
>>
>>334407987
that's pretty pathetic
>>
>drive
>not drive 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvB0w4-SqUM
>>
>>334401761
>Welcome to the farmacy, what do you want?
>hi, me and the Ms are getting freaky tonight. Can I get some condoms?
>sorry, condoms have been taken out of circulation. We have, however, a strap-on she can use to fuck you with.
>what? but I want to be the one doing the fucking! plus, that's gay as fuck!
>well, i thought you wanted to have sex? If you really love her, you'll just buy this strap-on and have sex with her anyway.
>fuck you. I'm fucking her bareback tonight and unloading on her mouth.
>WHAT? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? I'M CALLING THE COPS RIGHT NOW!
>>
>>334408069
For that analogy to even partially work John Steinbeck would have to be the author of both Naruto and Twilight; he would also have to somehow get his own backlog of work banned.
>>
>>334407057
you must be 18 years old to post here.
>>
>>334403794
I hope that's pasta else youre a real piece of shit.
>>
>>334401761
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>>
>>334408557
see >>334408069
>>
>>334408635
Thanks for the irrelevant post piece of shit
>>
>>334401761
Are you gonna keep posting this every day until we like it?
>>
>>334404583
I unsubbed in Wrath and have no interest in retail. Blizz wasn't losing my money from Nost because I wanted to play Vanilla/BC and nothing newer. I had 4 friends that played Nost all in the same boat. I think people really overestimate how much Nost/retail overlap there was.
>>
>>334408747
You already like it and you know it you filthy slut.
>>
>>334408415
>Welcome to the ladybar. What do you want?
>Hi, I want to fuck a brunnete.
>I've got you, senpai.
>what is this? Dude, I'm not gay!
>You think you want girls, but you don't.
>fuck you! I'm going to fuck my girlfriend tonight!
>WHAT? YOU CAN'T JUST FUCK YOUR GIRLFRIEND! I'M CALLING THE COPS!

Blizzard apologists, everyone!
>>
File: 1452890835771.jpg (228 KB, 1260x1152) Image search: [Google]
1452890835771.jpg
228 KB, 1260x1152
>>334401761
I was feeling some WoW nostalgia entered Corecraft to play some TBC, the best wow expac so far...

>spell ranks
>weapon skills
>no quest helper (because no on would just visit allakhazam right?)
>rogue gear with intellect
>pet skill ranks
>ammo bags
>throwing weapons
>spell materials
>mounts in the bag
>no random BG
>bg battlemasters
>mace specialization
>/castsequence Shadow Bolt Shadow Bolt Shadow Bolt Shadow Bolt

10 min was enough to kill any nostalgia. WoW is dead now, but jesus it was a clusterfuck back then.
>>
>>334408745
sorry meant >>334408572
>>
>>334409282
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...
>>
File: 729.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
729.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>334402043
>TOS
>meaning anything
>>
>>334409218
>I was feeling some WoW nostalgia entered Corecraft to play some TBC
But CC is not out yet.
>>
>334408829
>you think you're straight but you aren't.
KEKEKEKEKEKE BLIZZARD CONFIRMED SJWS!!!!1!1!111

SONICÚCKS BTFO!!!

NINTODDLERS IWATA IS DEAD
>>
>>334409282
>>334409352
thank, it's like you wanna make a living out of being an irrelevant piece of shit
>>
>>334409218
>casualthepost.jpg
>>
>>334408415
>getting fucked by a woman is gay
I don't understand
>>
>89 replies and 11 images omitted. Click here to view.
I'm not upset that you made the thread, I'm upset that a bunch of retards are posting in this without saging.
>>
I'm pretty sure Blizzard knew that the people playing on Nostalrius weren't actually subbed to the game. I mean that's just plain silly, why would you be subbed to retail but play vanilla?

All the comments and whatever about people unsubbing and cancelling pre-orders are false flags from people that weren't subscribed to the game in the first place.
>>
>>334409561
>thank
thank who bby?
>>
>>334409218
the test server was up yesterday
>>
>>334409218
Half the shit you complain about was actually good because it gave you a sense of progression to your character's abilities. Such as weapon skills. Or having to speak to a battlemaser to queue to a battleground.

also, Rogue gear having intellect is just plain bullshit on your part.

Your post can be reduced to:
>I want to browse menus to play the game. Not talk to NPCs as if WoW was a virtual world where in order to do something, I have to act as if I'm in the physical world (such as asking a war general to enlist me in the war effort).

You're not wrong. It's just your opinion. But I personally prefered WoW when it was more immersive.
>>
File: doom-dos-ingame-77915.png (25 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
doom-dos-ingame-77915.png
25 KB, 640x400
>WinCucks don't even own their games anymore and are just purchasing a temporary license
>I can still play Doom on DOS until the day I die
Looks like Guifags lose again.
>>
>>334401761
>those old movies are available to watch at any time
>vanilla WoW is not

Why is /v/ shit at analogies? Even when they aren't bait analogies they're still shit.

At least it wasn't a food analogy this time.
>>
>>334410104
What board makes good analogies?
>>
>>334409817
Surely not your dad.
That time he had to cum inside a whore sadly.
>>
>>334408069
>Woman says that she likes you as a friend but no longer wants to have sex with you
>You REALLY want to have sex with her though
>You rape her a bit
>She calls the police on you for doing something she explicitly asked you not to do, have sex with her
>HELP HELP MY RIGHTS ARE BEING SUPPRESSED I OWN THAT WOMAN OFFICER
>>
>>334410238
If I only rape her a bit, it's not illegal you idiot.
>>
>>334409874
>immersion
>going back to town to buy skill ranks
when I played TBC I was young and with a lot of spare time too
>>
>>334409427
That's not an argument and you know it you dumb nigger cocksucker.
>>
>>334408069
but thats stealing an object that can currently be provided elsewhere
>>
>>334410196
I bet you'd look really cute with my cock shoved down your throat sweetie.
>>
>>334410578
eeew, blowjobs are gross, this is why I'm a lesbian.
>>
>>334410318
>when I played TBC I was young and with a lot of spare time too
>proceeds to shitpost on /v
>>
>>334401761
>be a fan of a rolercoaster for 10 years
>they keep changing it
>you get nostalgic for the first version they had of the rolercoaster.
>"hey manager, any chance I can ride the first iteration of the rolercoaster?"
>"nah man, this is the shit. You think you want it, but you don'!"
>"aww man, that sucks. I'll just build one at my home".
>"Sure man, but after a week or so, you'll come back to the BESTEST ever rollercoaster (ours). The first one sucked"

2 months later:
>A lot of people visit the man's rollercoaster for a daily ride. Having fun as fuck.
>Blizzardcoaster: "FUCK YOU! I'M CALLING THE COPS!"
>"what? Why?"
>"I hold the copy rights to that design! fuck you! come ride MY rolercoaster!"
>"but it's not the one I want!"
>"that's your problem!"

Is this a good analogy?
>>
>>334401761
Not that I really need to point out the idiocy of this entire deal but really, try harder. Those things don't even parallel.
>>
>>334410318
>I don't have time
>so the game should be casualized to accomodate my needs.
>fuck everyone else

The cornerstone of your opinion has been laid bare.
>>
File: 1cc1190137.jpg (87 KB, 804x944) Image search: [Google]
1cc1190137.jpg
87 KB, 804x944
Remember, kids. WoW was never that good. If you had played Dark Age of Camelot or Asheron's Call, fuck, even Final Fantasy XI, you had no reason to play WoW.
>>
>>334410740
>Is this a good analogy?
You think it is but it isn't.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_100815_021803.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_100815_021803.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>Get tired of blizzards new casual shit

>Decide to hop on classic servers with friends since blizzard doesn't offer the original game

Fucking pirate fags, reeee?
>>
>>334401761

I know this is bait but fuck you OP it's more like

>welcome to target(or whatever store)
>one copy of drive on dvd please
>sorry sir but the distributor only allows you to buy drive 5 drive harder would you like to buy drive 5?
>no I'd like to watch the original drive guess I'll have to refilm it myself.
>>
>>334411079
>Vanilla wow had mind control helmets

WHERE HAS ALL THE FUN GONE TO!?!??

ALL OF IT HAS LEFT WOW ! IT'S AS CAREBEAR AS IT CAN BE!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Here's a better comparison.
Say a car company sold a really good model car, a model and year everyone loved. Lets say they sold this particular model in 2004. This model becomes a huge hit and people continue to buy your models for years.
But a few years down the line, you suddenly stop producing that model everyone loved. You outright refuse, in-fact, to sell it to anyone. You practically deny its existence.
So of course people want that 2004 model. Some Europoors start making their own version of your 2004 model cars, which you do not sell anymore, completely free of charge. You are not losing money, these people are taking what they want where they can get it, they would not buy your new model anyway.

What do you do?
>>
File: lemonade.png (238 KB, 543x417) Image search: [Google]
lemonade.png
238 KB, 543x417
>>334411079
>later dude
.have a good night
>later man

So vanilla was basically a bunch of fags all hugging it out?
>>
>>334411231
>>
All those "can't use the original anymore so another one buys a copy but Blizzard wont let him :(" analogies are kinda garbage.
The nost team didn't build another game from scratch.
>>
>>334411397
Don't bother bringing in good analogies. People on /v/ don't know shit about business
>>
>Welcome to 4chan
>One non-forced meme please
>Sorry sir but the non-forced memes stopped being created 5 years ago, Would you like some Reddit or 9gag memes instead?
>No, non-forced meme
>Sorry sir but you are going to have to embrace the cancer or leave
>>
This board has autism.
>>
>>334401761
No one has disproved op's point though
>>
>>334411397
You sue the people making the car which you own the intellectual property for and start to reproduce again yourself - of course charging for it and ensuring it's profitable.
If people really want something they should be paying for it.

That's good business right there.
>>
>>334409691
You're delusional as fuck. What do you think mythic raidloggers do in their free time? They are playing some other game. It would not be a stretch to think they were fucking around on private servers.
>>
>>334413098
You're butthurt as fuck, maybe try not stealing something and then complaining after it gets taken away from you
>>
>>334410156
/pol/
>>
>>334401761
>chokes on el million cocks

literally OP
>>
>>334411782
Yes they did. They codes the server side from scratch.

Nost did not provide the client side at all. Only told people how to use their client to connect to their server.
>>
>>334414645
>nigger analogies
>good
>>
>>334403794
fake and gay
>>
>>334401761
It's more like being at home and putting in the DVD for Gen1's animated Transformers: The Movie, and instead getting Transformers: Age of Extinction.
>>
>why doesn't Blizzard run paid legacy servers, they'd make tons of money?
>Nost gets shut down
>FUCK YOU BLIZZARD I'LL NEVER BUY ONE OF YOUR GAMES EVER AGAIN
which is it?
>>
>>334417754
Considering their stance on legacy servers, it's perfectly reasonable to say that
>>
>>334401761
>Welcome to Christ Bakery!
>Hi I want you to make a cake with two dudes fucking
>I'm sorry we don't make homosexual cakes here, we are devout Christians
>I said I want two dudes fucking!
>Sorry sir but we refuse
>I'M SUEING THE SHIT OUT OF YOU FOR REFUSING MY SERVICE
>And he wins the case
>>
>>334418072
But that would imply the used to make cakes of dudes fucking.
>>
File: Bobby.jpg (47 KB, 558x564) Image search: [Google]
Bobby.jpg
47 KB, 558x564
>>334401761

>He actually spent time writing this post
>>
>>334418056
shutting down large private servers would be necessary to introducing paid legacy servers, Nost had to die either way. Would the people who leveled to 60 and had all their shit figured out not be mad if Blizzard had shut down Nost and then told them they could pay $15 a month to try again?
>>
>>334418260
delete this
>>
>>334401761
In reality, it would be more like:
>private cinema does free classic movie nights
>shows reels of original cut of Star Wars
>Disney and Lucas shut the theater down
>shills the latest trilogy remaster on blu-ray as moviegoers walk out
>>
None of the analogies in this thread make sense.

Stop trying to make analogies.

Blizzard is 100% within their rights to do what they did, nobody is entitled to Vanilla servers. That said they are still scum, really didn't need to shut down the server, gain nothing from it and are retarded for ignoring the cries for legacy servers and scummier for telling people "you think you want it but you don't". They are 100% right legally and 99% wrong morally.

You need to stop trying to argue that this server has the right to exist, it's completely disgusting how Blizzard has reacted to it and how they are treating their fans but the people who made it and the people who played on it were not 'in the right', they just wanted to play the game.
>>
File: 037aee4d02aba5130239154d35ab1bc0.jpg (461 KB, 2215x3134) Image search: [Google]
037aee4d02aba5130239154d35ab1bc0.jpg
461 KB, 2215x3134
>walk into sekkusu shoppu
>go up to counter and say "I want an onahole that simulates fresh, tight, young, teen pussy"
>clerk says "Sorry, we only sell busted up old woman onaholes now"
>"But that's fucking bullshit, you had the good kind before"
>"Rules are rules, and they're out of stock forever"
>you see a young Korean immigrant girl walking down the street
>Shove your dick in her as hard as you can, then cum inside
>shop owner sees you and says "WHAT THE FUCK, THAT'S ILLEGAL" then calls the cops

This is how retarded you all are.
>>
>>334410915

If they had actually kept Mordred relatively balanced instead of ruining it with fast travel macros and broken expansion classes I'd have never stopped playing Dark Age, but such is life. Vanilla did open PvP well enough to be a decent substitute for a while.
>>
>go to the analogy store
>"I'd like a good analogy please"
>"Sir all we have are food analogies and ones that make no sense in the context of the topic"
>"But I want a good one"
>"If you try to steal a good analogy from the back, we'll be forced to make threads about your analogy on analogychan"

What's your favorite analogy /v/?
>>
>>334420041
I don't know what this memes
>>
>OP made this same thread earlier and got zero replies and died.
>Better make another one.

Blizz shills sure are desperate. It is like as if they think /v/ doesn't already fucking hate them and want them to die.
>>
>>334420041
>go to the blowjob store
>ask for a double blowjob from these two sluts
>they can't because they're not real
>so they double paizuri you instead
>you tell the artist "what the hell, I didn't want this"
>he says "stop being so entitled and accept that I won't draw blowjobs"
>jack off to naruto hentai using Super deep throat since you always found Tsunade to be really hot
This is how dumb you sound right now
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_DbH3d39JZNaN9hJHfrFJw/
>>
>Play retail
>It's soulless, dumbed down and boring
>Play a private server of an older version of the game
>All the numerous quality of life improvements of retail are missing

There's literally no satisfying, enjoyable way to play WoW anymore. It's had it's time, it's past it's prime. Just let it go.
>>
>>334420576
Thanks for the laugh, friend.
>>
File: 1457915164490.jpg (43 KB, 320x319) Image search: [Google]
1457915164490.jpg
43 KB, 320x319
>>334407057
Stay mad, nosfag.
Literally the most autistic fan base on this board.
>>
>>334420576
Shut up and post more Boins.
>>
File: f61246f6c27c59de0028d50ee60daf8d.jpg (446 KB, 2419x3268) Image search: [Google]
f61246f6c27c59de0028d50ee60daf8d.jpg
446 KB, 2419x3268
>>334420943
No problem
>>334421215
>liking sluts in the current year
>>
>>334410409
They're not legally binding in the EU.

also ow the edge
>>
>>334420861
Give it time. once 99% bug-free vanilla servers become the norm, people will look into incorporating those QoL improvements and new content that doesn't clash with the old stuff. Custom content servers aren't popular right now because people can't even play vanilla or TBC without a bunch of class and raid bugs.
>>
>>334401761
>jungle book in the same sentence as an alternative to BvS

how badly did they fuck up jungle book?
>>
File: animedeathas.jpg (8 KB, 226x250) Image search: [Google]
animedeathas.jpg
8 KB, 226x250
Have you ever been so fat you look at WoW and you see food?
>>
>>334402302
anal [For the Children]
>>
Remember when trolling meant something?
>>
>>334422204
Ya, mon. Now 'dey be takin' our juju and usin' it fo' da bad voodoo.
>>
>>334405351
Can confirm, I've worked as such an intern. But my employer actually cared about their players and kept adding features.
>>
File: 1460004060263.jpg (14 KB, 289x297) Image search: [Google]
1460004060263.jpg
14 KB, 289x297
>>334404814
This.

I would play WoW again IF FUCKING CATACLYSM DIDNT CHANGE EVERYTHING TO A SHITTY CINEMATIC QUEST LINE OR LEVEL IS PISS EASY NOW OR THAT OLD RAIDS HAVE BEEN RETIRED OR HOW DUNGEONS HAVE BEEN REVAMPED OR HOW ZONES HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR OVER

"JUS PLAY THE RETAIL POORFAG XD" Stay fucking stupid blizzdrones.
>>
>got to the barber
>ask him to fuck my shit up
>sorry sir, I only give respectable haircuts
>FUCK YOU CUT MY HAIR THE WAY I WANT
>I'm sorry sir but we just don't offer that type of service
>NOOOOOOOOO FUCK YOU THIS IS WHAT I WANT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>*grab his clippers and start shaving loose clumps of hair off my head while screaming "LOOK AT HOW MUCH FUN I'M HAVING DON'T YOU GUYS WANT TO BE LIKE ME?"*
>*the police are called and escort me out*
>*come back later with a friend and firebomb the barber shop*
defend this nostfags
>>
>go to a hooker
>'yea can I have some sex please'
>she gives me the sex
>I cum inside of her vagina (the front one)
>she asks for the money
>i don't give it to her
>she calls her pimp
>he breaks both of my legs
>pay the hooker
>get workers comp, free money
>jobless
>spend the rest of my days jerking off with useless legs
>call the hooker again
>ask for sex
>she gives it to me
>I cum in her vagina (the back one)
Fucking nostfags
>>
>>334422991
>the back one
you mean on her knee?
>>
We all know blizzard did this because they could never make WoW as good as it once was and they want people to forget it was ever good.
>>
>>334421475
EU law only overrides ToS when there's an actual conflict between them.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.