[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>movie remakes >completely retells the story making it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 1460691428056[1].jpg (2 MB, 1688x2500) Image search: [Google]
1460691428056[1].jpg
2 MB, 1688x2500
>movie remakes
>completely retells the story making it new and fresh, changes up the visuals and casts new actors, feels familiar yet different

>video game remakes
>we uh, made the textures a little better. everything else is the same though.

Why is this allowed?
>>
Because people buy it
>>
>>334396505
don't forget they always fuck it up somehow.
>>
What you're referring to is an HD rerelease, which is more comparable to an older film being released on Bluray in 1080p.

For an actual video game remake, see something like Resident Evil or Ducktales.
>>
So, is this thing worth watching?
>>
Why was The Force Awakens the exact same story as A New Hope?
>>
>>334397047
But it wasn't?
>>
>>334397047
It wasn't, Luke actually had flaws and was not instantly the bestest at everything ever.
>>
File: rule_2.jpg (5 KB, 346x37) Image search: [Google]
rule_2.jpg
5 KB, 346x37
>>334396505
Because it's cheap, you retard. Haven't you ever taken an economics class or are you too young for that?
>>
>>334396505
You've confused remake and reboot.
>>
>>334396505
Is this movie really that good? I hadn't seen any marketing but the reviews are great with some even saying it's better than the original? What the fuck?
>>
>they made Kaa a girl
It's gonna happen all over again, isn't it?
>>
>>334397010

Yes, much better than the original. Bare necessities was a little weak though.
>>
>>334396505
well the original of that movie was an insult to the book
>>
>>334396505
However the problem with Movie remakes is normally they are vastly inferior. Though I do think they deserve credit for trying different things.

OP though the problem is that when they remake movies, they "modernize" them. Now imagine every time they remade a game they "casualized" them. I think people would prefer lazy / graphic remakes. Plus gameplay normally holds up, even on games 25 years old. Core gameplay should only be changed if its aged poorly.
>>
>>334397457
I wonder is Kaa still a villain? at least this time around the species of the snake is somewhat better
>>
>>334397268
This. It wasn't until nearly halfway through Empire Strikes Back that Luke could adequately use the force and wield a lightsaber.
Rey had a mid-combat epiphany about the force and was suddenly on the power level of a sith (albeit, a wounded sith, but still).

Rey is a Mary Sue piece of eye candy, not interesting in any way.
>>
File: The_Twin_Snakes.jpg (36 KB, 357x500) Image search: [Google]
The_Twin_Snakes.jpg
36 KB, 357x500
>>334396505
>completely retells the story making it new and fresh, changes up the visuals and casts new actors, feels familiar yet different
>>
>>334397459

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAhmdvKlrcY

>Implying

>>334397571

She literally only appears in the movie for no more than 3 minutes. Baloo kills her. The movie's main villain is Shere Khan
>>
>>334397623
and a very important plot point of Empire Strikes Back is that Luke is most certainly NOT a match for Vader at that point

I mean what they had wasn't a fight, it was Vader playing a game with his son
>>
Yeah, movie remakes sure are great
>>
>>334397693
god dammit, are we ever going to get the dignified badass from the book?
>>
>>334397457
Meh. Tbh Kaa being female really fits. Not to mention ScarJo was the perfect person to cast for a character who tries to sound suductive/hypnotyzing. Damn her voice is sexy tho
>>
File: original.jpg (1 MB, 3300x1557) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
1 MB, 3300x1557
>>334397776
At least the concept art for that movie was neat.
>>
>>334398095
neat concept art does not make up for the abomination that movie was
>>
>>334398229

It wasn't an abomination and an insult

>Our movie isn't really a remake of the original movie :^]
>We're gonna stay more true to the original story. It'll be a more faithful treatment than that old flick :^]
>Movie doesn't take place in Mars
>The first fucking sentence in the story
>"HE AWOKE- and wanted Mars."

Christ, the marketing for the movie pissed me off
>>
>>334398647

*It was an abomination AND an insult

Thanks auto correct
>>
>>334398095

That looks like shit.
>>
>remake
>remaster

learn the difference, it could save your life.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.