[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, who does this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1453759295031.png (74 KB, 900x1050) Image search: [Google]
1453759295031.png
74 KB, 900x1050
Alright, who does this?
>>
I don't but I do the voice acting when the dialogs aren't dubbed.
>>
Guilty
>>
>>334394920
I talk to myself but not as if i'm let's playing, but simply speaking my thoughts out aloud.
>>
i do.
like tutorials.
>me playing league
>randomly comment and talk with myself like a lp
>i was in teamspeak3 and forgot to mute
>my friend randomly comes in
>i dont know
>'wtf is going on anon'
>wtfshallisay.jpg
>he laughs at me for like 10 minutes
>i mute myself
>>
>>334394920
I hum to myself while playing vidya.
>>
I talk to myself while playing sports games as if I'm a sportscaster, or a player during a post-game interview. I've even talked as a rookie meeting his new teammates in the locker room.
>>
i've been doing this since way before let's plays were even a thing
it's not just videogames either
i constantly talk to myself when there's no one around

i like to think it's what keeps me sane, and keeps my voice from rotting away.
>>
When I'm stuck on a puzzle or having a hard time with a boss
>>
I do that while doing math and physics problems and it help me study for whatever reason
>>
>>334395216

Same. I bought and set up a microphone and camera in front of my computer so if anybody comes in I can just say I'm recording something.
>>
>>334395216
This. If you're talking as if you have an audience but you're really alone, you have some brain problems.
>>
I only do this when I'm playing a hard fucking game and get angry. I'd rather complain out loud then break my keyboard or some shit.
>>
>>334394920
>talk like im the protagonist and make witty jokes

Anyone else?
>>
>>334395291
>not just saying "Oh, did X leave? Didnt notice"
>>
File: 1454922730674.png (239 KB, 708x537) Image search: [Google]
1454922730674.png
239 KB, 708x537
I do, but not like a let's player. More like a conversation with a close friend.
I've had better conversations with myself than with anybody else.
>>
I have this friend who constantly narrates his actions in whatever he's playing. The problem is that he's fucking trash at video games. One time he kept dying to the first black knight in dark souls for a whole hour because he couldn't parry, and the salt levels got so high that I had to leave mumble for safety.

If any of you babble about what game you're playing while in voice chat stop and consider that nobody fucking cares.
>>
How do you guys act when playing vidya with friends? I act like a gloating moron, especially in sports games.
>>
File: 2012-10-20-_murdre-dukc.png (215 KB, 650x1365) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-20-_murdre-dukc.png
215 KB, 650x1365
I do, but I have good reasons to do so.

I'm an ESL, currently not in touch with foreign people, so talking aloud allows me to practise my pronunciation.

I also try to think in English or even think aloud when there's no one around to witness my autism.
>>
>>334398557
I'm usually better than my friends so I go easy on them. If someone who doesn't play a lot of games is constantly losing during multiplayer they'll get bored fast. I'd rather have someone to play with than gloat about my skills.

If we're on an even skill-level though I talk shit. My friend and I were highly competitive at MK9 for a while after it came out.
>>
File: Blackadder_Potato_Scene_01.png (494 KB, 500x746) Image search: [Google]
Blackadder_Potato_Scene_01.png
494 KB, 500x746
>>334396435
Not rare.
>>
Only when I'm stoned.

It's retarded, I'll start working on my comedy act and start rapping while some shits in the microwave.

The real cringe is being alone playing like DMC4SE and I pull a really convoluted and unnecessary combo thinking it'd be cool for others to see
>>
>>334395892

>imagination is now a brain problem

the medicated and vaxxd adhd tumblr generation, ladies and gents
>>
>>334396435
LPs that do this are actually the bomb. Early GG did it, back when Arin was actually interesting.
>>
I'm usually silent but sometimes I'll say random shit to make myself laugh. Like "I love killing people!" in an evil voice.
>>
>>334398557
>with friends
BOO HOO HOO

Not with that out of the way, I don't know. I guess I keep trying to be funny.
>>
>>334396897
I think PTT should be mandatory, for exactly this case.
>>
>>334394920
I do it when i play Magic Duels: Origins. It helps me to improve, as i usually fuck things up and must point my mistakes.
>>
>>334396096
Sure thing Ross.
>>
>>334399705
Dude, shut the fuck up, you were the cool person that saw it, so whatever. You got enjoyment out of it.

I wish people on /v/ would stop being so deprecating, fuck.
>>
i talk to myself but not in a lets play kind of way
>>
Yeah, I do. Found it helps processing what's going on in the game.
>>
I don't talk out loud but I do think by using "we" in place of "I"
>>
>>334399542
>>334399871

For me, it's usually normie friends that play 2D fighters, FPS and Sports vidya. So usually it's a pissing competition with plenty gloating, bets and shaming.
>>
When im stoned, yeah.
When im sober, il just make little monosyllabig grunts or the occasional 'nice' or 'shit'.
Stoned, I make quips and jokes, talk (sometimes 'yell') at NPCs, give every failure an expletive, then explain thought processes to get a success, call companions funny names, etc.

I feel like I have a lot more fun. Definitely with DS.
>>
>>334395001
I do this on mount and blade
>>
>>334394920
Me. In my defence I've talked to myself like a moron while playing games since I was a kid though, and youtube didn't even exist back then.
>>
>>334394920
i'd talk like, "what the fuck" is something crazy or stupid happens, and shit like that
>>
>>334399705
>Only when I'm stoned.
>It's retarded, I'll start working on my comedy act and start rapping while some shits in the microwave.

you sound cool, I do the same thing
>>
>>334395001
>>334395216
This
>>
>>334394920
>>334395291
I used to do this even before I knew the concept of a Let's Play. I'll never do a Let's Play though.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.