[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it worth playing W1 before W2? i heard the gameplay was bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (3 MB, 1280x1719) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1280x1719
is it worth playing W1 before W2? i heard the gameplay was bad
>>
>>334372315
Yes, get FCR mod which improves the gameplay. Also Scabbard mod, adds scabbards for Geralt which were made by devs but not enabled for some dumb reason.
>>
It's the only game in the series I could bother finishing. Always start at the beginning anyway.
>>
>>334372315
Witcher 2 is the only one worth playing
>>
It's absolutely necessary.

1) The Witcher is arguably better than TW2

2) You won't be able to appreciate TW2 without some background, which can't be afforded to you by simply watching TW2's flashback.

3) You won't be able to fully appreciate TW2 with less than two playthroughs regardless.

4) The Witcher has a completely different atmosphere to TW2.
>>
I just finished TW1 and started TW2 yesterday and I'm getting my ass kicked with this new battle system. I preferred Geralt parrying and dodging automatically.
>>
>>334373087

TW2 is notorious for starting out difficult and getting easier as the game progresses. There's a rebalancing mod out there that tweaks this.
>>
>>334372798
Right opinion here.
>>
>>334372315
It's worth for the atmosphere and it isn't much worse than TW2.
>>
>>334372798
thread/
>>
The Witcher 1 has the worst combat I've ever encountered. Tried to play it, gave up after 6 hours. I can't bring myself to reinstall again
>>
>>334373087
The prologue is the hardest part of Witcher 2, I wish I was lying.
Act 3 is a complete fucking joke compared to the Prologue for example.
The only hard boss fight in the entire game is the secret boss (The Operator) and he's an optional superboss.
>>
>>334372798
This
>>
>>334372315
Don't listen to them.
W1 has shit gameplay and if you are interested in the story go read the book.
>>
>>334372315
No, because witcher 1 was only on PC and PC is shit
>>
>>334373439
Had the same experience, but with witcher 2.
>>
>>334373648
There is no Witcher 1 book you humongous shitposter.
>>
>>334373495
And the operator isn't even that hard, it's just that the room is so broken.
>>
Is the Witcher 1 considered shit because people are casuals, or is it just bad?
>>
>>334372315
It is worth, just double check if you have Enhanced Edition
>>
>>334374316
Operator's difficulty lies in how small the room is, the room itself is not broken, just aptly small so Operator can wreck your anus.
>>
there arent enough problems with the game to make it a bad game just the combat is a bit meh so people bang on that drum to deter others from playing it when it is a great game still
>>
>>334375464
It's great, Witcher 1 is basically pleb filter: the game
>>
>>334372315
Witcher 1 is the better one. It has better atmosphere, voice-acting and story/dialogue
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.