[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your first computer and games you played with it. >Emachine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11
File: 31466280-2-440-front+angle-3.gif (123 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
31466280-2-440-front+angle-3.gif
123 KB, 770x433
Post your first computer and games you played with it.

>Emachine i got from walmart for like 250 dollars for christmas

>Played WoW 2 years on it at under minimum graphics

>1FPS in 25 man raids couldn't do them

>1FPS in Org and the alliance capital so couldn't roll Orc or human

>Could do 10 man raids only with 7 FPS
>Had to go all the way to ThunderBluff to use a Aucton house

>Few idiots found out about how bad my computer was and would follow me and do their AOE until i logged out

>This was the BC Era

>Got new laptop in WoTLK era
>>
File: old PC.jpg (580 KB, 1618x1218) Image search: [Google]
old PC.jpg
580 KB, 1618x1218
I played mostly Day of Defeat
>>
File: aptiva.jpg (156 KB, 2100x1262) Image search: [Google]
aptiva.jpg
156 KB, 2100x1262
IBM Aptiva

Every day was exciting with stuff like S3&K, Earthworm Jim Special Edition, Rayman, Doom, Descent, Cyberia, and Endorfun. Last game my dad ever bought me was Atomic Bomberman.

>that crazy Dial Up noise
>>
bump

let people's first PCs not be forgotten
>>
File: dimension5000.jpg (105 KB, 800x857) Image search: [Google]
dimension5000.jpg
105 KB, 800x857
>>334355560
fuck, the Sonic collection and Earthworm Jim, that really brings me back, I was using my dad's Compaq with fucking Windows ME on it back then
this was the first one I ever owned myself, my grandma bought it for me and it was outdated when I got it
256MB of RAM, a true powerhouse
The HDD actually never died and I have tons of horribly embarrassing IRC logs of me from ten years ago I dare not look at
>>
File: srb2.png (9 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
srb2.png
9 KB, 320x200
>>334358697
Forgot to say when I owned that computer I was into CTF on this shit because it was the only fun mode
>>
>>334358697
>embarrassing IRC logs
don't sweat it

at least it's not embarrassing forum posts
>>
>>334354691
P90.

EF 2000 did a simulation.

God it was epix!
>>
File: angelisland.png (144 KB, 450x377) Image search: [Google]
angelisland.png
144 KB, 450x377
>>334359058
having them is weird because if I can so choose I can go back to analyze my young brain
like increasing paranoia about being caught by my parents looking up pictures of cocks or engaging in dumb pseudo-furry Kingdom Hearts RP shit
god I hate myself
>>
File: dellpc.gif (87 KB, 423x423) Image search: [Google]
dellpc.gif
87 KB, 423x423
Something along the lines of this, definitely was too young to remember the specifics of the pc.

>Dad had a couple of friends who made / repaired PCs for a living
>One day he brings something like pic related home, maybe even more yellow
>No game stores nearby for most of my childhood so I lived off of whatever my dad's friend would pirate
>Would get random CDs with a random mix of games on them
>Would play Red Alert 2 and Arsenal: Taste the Power, have extremely fond memories of being absolutely terrible at these games
>Would play Turok with my dad, maybe even some Quake IIRC

Later on i'd spend a lot of time on that PC playing Runescape; those were some simple times back then.
>>
>18 Gb
>533 Mhz
>don't remember the RAM
Snes emulation, Starcraft, Heroes III
>>
>>334354691
some old laptop that was used at an engineering company as a backup server

played the fuck out of runescape on it, then moved onto emachines and WoW
>>
File: 1340262441950.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1340262441950.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>334359339
>>334359351
>Runescape
MEIN NEGRO
>>
>>334359347
>SNES emulation
>ZSNES snow effect
>actually having to hunt for ROMs on sites with bitmap pictures of dragons and an edgy logo
>playing SMRPG on ZSNES for the first time and it doesn't really work that great but it's still a blast
>discovering VBA and how you can pirate games ON STORE SHELVES RIGHT NOW and how mindblowing that felt
>>
All I can remember is that it was a Packard Bell computer of some sort
>>
I have no fucking idea. It used MSDOS.
Coolspot.
>>
My first PC was a desktop my dad built for me from spare parts. It wasn't anything spectacular and it had Windows ME on it. It had this really cool screensaver where simple computer chips flowed down the screen. I played MapleStory, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, The Sims, and Rollercoaster Tycoon on it, among other games.

My next computer was a Dell Inspiron 1545. It wasn't anything spectacular but I loved it when it worked. It had a dual core CPU at 2.2 GHz, 3 gigs of ram, and a 250 GB HDD. Still played MapleStory on it, among other games that I don't really remember.

Next was a family computer my dad and I bought from Best Buy and slapped a GPU in it. It ran well and had a 6 core AMD CPU in it. Played MapleStory and TF2 on it, among other games.

Current PCs are my built PC, with AMD 8350, R9 380 4 GB, 8 gigs of RAM, 1 TB HDD and 128 SSD, and my laptop, and Asus Zenbook. I still play MapleStory on it occasionally, but the games pretty shit now, so I play a private server. Also play Dota 2, Rocket League, and recently Tree of Savior. Laptop cant handle much because it's for college, but it can play Maple as well as lighter games like FTL and Lethal League.
>>
>>334359449
>Oh, boy, those feels
>>
>>334359449
Are you me?
>>
>>334359906
>>334360039
>Kega Fusion static screen
>>
>>334354691
First pc was in 1993

Intel 486 CPU
4mb of RAM
Can't remember the video card it had

wasn't for gaming but it ran doom ok, I remember it used to crash in the second to last level so I never finished it.
>>
celeron 400mhz
32mb ram
4mb vram sis
4gb hdd

jazz jackrabbit 2
shadow warrior
fifa 99
carmageddon 2
half-life
tomb raider 4
>>
I was like 4. How am I supposed to remember?
>>
Toshiba Infinia. 133mhz, 64mb RAM, 1.88 GB hard drive, S3 Virge video card. The case and monitor were overdesigned pieces of shit.
My first 3 games on it werr Math Blaster, Mechwarrior 2, and
DOUK
NUKE
EM
I was fucking 7.
>>
>>334354691
HP P3930A Pavilion 7855 Pentium III 1.0GHz, 256 MB, 60GB hdd with windows 98.

I actually had this heap of junk for a long ass time, I can remember trying to play half life 2 on it ffs with some cheap nvidia card my brother bought and it was miserable.

Warcraft 2 and C&C was a lot of fun though, and any heap of junk cna play snes games so it was good for that.
>>
File: time.jpg (276 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
276 KB, 1024x768
>>334354691
The Windows 98 version of this. Had a lot of fun playing Rayman 2, a Soldout Software copy of Sonic 3D Blast, Worms 2, Theme Hospital, Lego Loco/Racers/Land...
Also had a pretty decent remake of Space Invaders which my mum got addicted to.
The machine was probably a piece of shit but I dunno, I had fun.
>>
>>334355560

My nigger, I still have that keyboard.
>>
>>334354691
First one I had was an old one from the library they were going to throw out so I took. Was one of those flat ones the monitor sits on top of. Played wow and emulators on it for years. Tried to get a video cars for it at best buy once so wow would work better but it wouldn't fit the case. Kept it and spent a few months getting as much money as possible to buy an emachines. Put the video card in it and wow still ran like shit but 25fps is better than 4 fps.

And somehow had more fun during that time than I do now with my 1200 dollar pc I put together.
>>
>>334354691
Did you add a graphic card to your shit? I had a eMachines computer and slapped a decent graphic card, I was able to play games at low setting with decent fps.
>>
>>334363698
Nice. I don't have anything leftover from my Aptiva except S3&K, EWJ, and Rayman (which is pretty scratched up) I bought two old Win9x machines from a nice old guy for $20 to fill the void. I'm throwing 95 on one and 98 on the other.

Anybody got any recs to help me on my way? Good video and sound cards?
>>
one last bump for the road
>>
File: s-l225[1].jpg (6 KB, 127x225) Image search: [Google]
s-l225[1].jpg
6 KB, 127x225
>>334354691
It was a Pentium 4 Gateway Slim Tower (only pic I could find of one). It came with a copy of The Sims and I also used to play Runescape on it. Eventually upgraded because I used to kick it when it stalled, like an appliance. It actually broke twice on me before it was replaced.
>>
File: gutsnspeccy.jpg (509 KB, 1624x1812) Image search: [Google]
gutsnspeccy.jpg
509 KB, 1624x1812
Counter-Strike 1.6

I'm 27 years old. I wish I was kidding.
>>
>>334354691
An old gateway desktop from 1995 on it. iirc it had 200 mhz cpu, and like 1 gig hdd, with 128k of ram or some shit.
Played the trial version of Age of Empires 2 nonstop, played rollar coaster tycoon 2 and eventually I got the starcraft battlechest and played the ever living shit out of that on it. then I ended up getting Simgolf and loved it.

my mom at the time played alot of vidya with me, and she played lords of magic and tomb raider.
>>
>>334354691
>Post your first computer
Anon, that was like twenty years ago. How do you expect me to still know that shit?
>>
It's a Compaq laptop
>Pentium 3
>512 mb ram
>about 4 gb free harddisk
You know what I played back then? GBA/DS emulators at like 10 fps.

It was 2008 and yes I fucking know
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.