[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think Arkham Asylum was better than Arkham City?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Anyone else think Arkham Asylum was better than Arkham City?
>>
I do I think the series progressively got worse with every iteration
and that's to say I didn't even love asylum, I thought it was just ok

open world was a mistake
>>
>>334337526
Asylum was barely open world. There were no side missions (except for riddler stuff) and the island wasn't that big.
>>
>>334337310
And here I've been slogging through asylum under the impression that it gets better with city

May as well drop it now I guess
>>
asylum is batzelda, city is more GTA.
>>
>>334341328
More like BatMetroid and city like Batspiderman
>>
I think the series has got better with every iteration with the except of Origins. Arkham Knight is my favorite.
>>
>>334341742
exception*
>>
Eh, I don't know. Asylum's areas are a bit more interesting/atmospheric, they have a certain charm to them that City's locales often lack. However, City has WAY better boss battles, and more variety/content in general.
>>
I think Asylum is more comfy, while City feels not so comfy. And I didn't like having joker as the main bad guy again in City
>>
>>334341742
I agree with you. I got all the games for free since I got a Steam code for Knight with my new graphics card, and I guess they gave everyone who had it the rest of the games or something. Playing them all back-to-back, it was easy to see what changed between titles. The freedom of movement is one of the better things in the titles, and it got progressively better as the games went on.
>>
>>334337310
I dunno if I'd say Asylum was better, but by the end of City I was SO BORED.
I don't understand how I don't see this opinion more.

The gameplay is so damn dull.
>>
>>334337310
I do. I preferred the high quality metroid style exploration rather than a repetitive and overwhelming open world.
>>
>>334337310
City let me stare at Catwoman's ass.
>>
>>334337310
Right here, Arkham City blew it's load too quickly with the amount of villains Rocksteady shoved in it. Made Arkham Knight seem lackluster. The first one just felt more focused and succinct.

I also enjoyed that Asylum wasn't a garbage port where saves didn't get deleted for no reason. I was 20 hours into City and that bullshit happened. Wasn't even surprised to hear about the Arkham Knight PC port being an even bigger disaster.
>>
>>334337310
i liked city much much more. i poured so many hours into batman, robin, nightwing and catwoman challenges. felt so satisfying when i finally got 100% competition.
>>
Nah, City is superior in all aspects.

>Better movement
>Better combat
>Better stealth
>Better bossfights

Still, Asylum is 10/10, so, City is 11/10.
>>
>>334342334

Your opinion is very much shared here. But i disagree the same amount with it. For me, this is the best vidya series, and i wasn't into capeshit back when i tried it first, so i was not biased.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.