[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you own any microconsoles, /v/? If so, which, and your opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Sony-PSTV-1.jpg (68 KB, 800x431) Image search: [Google]
Sony-PSTV-1.jpg
68 KB, 800x431
Do you own any microconsoles, /v/? If so, which, and your opinions on them?

PSTV owner here, it's OK.
>>
>tfw mini PC hooked on the TV
pretty much the same thing, just without the DRM stopping me from doing anything with it
>>
>>334331569
A netbook? What's your setup nigga
>>
>>334331569
If you're running Windows or Steam on it at all then it has DRM.
>>
Consoles are built around the concept of closed ecosystems, accusing them of having DRM makes no sense
>>
File: 1450775594564.png (124 KB, 364x271) Image search: [Google]
1450775594564.png
124 KB, 364x271
>>334330881
I love the PSTV. Really wish Sony marketed it more and didn't arbitrarily whitelist out games that are perfectly playable on it from being played.
>>334333062
Windows does not equate to DRM, and I discovered that actually a select few Steam games don't have DRM attached in that you can actually run them without opening Steam at all and move them without trouble. Or so I've been told. Can't remember the specific games I was told this about for. Most Steam games don't work that way though. Steam DRM is usually true.
>>
>>334330881
no, I don't see the point. I've got an Xbox One and PS4 and I've got Roku and Chromecast for streaming. Why buy a tiny console that is shitty at both functions?
>>
>>334330881
I don't like the PSTV. I bought it for big screen Freedom Wars, but that was pretty shit since the controls felt worse on an actual controller than with the Vita controls. It's still a neat thing to have around I guess. I just wish more games would have trigger functionality.
>>
I want to get one for P4G but not sure if its worth it
>>
>>334334047
50 dollars in total
>>
>>334334047
>>334334439
System and game for price of one normal game. Not a terrible deal
>>
>>334330881
thinking about getting one. I mean there are some interesting looking Vita games but fuck spending $160+ on a system that has a worse exclusive library than a WiiU

Might trade in some games to gamestop to get credit and order that and Trillion at the same time.
>>
>>334334648
I actually just bought a Vita and overpaid for one of those shitty memory cards because I've got 4 years of PS+ vita games I redeemed using my PS3.
>>
I like the PSTV, i'd like it more if I could optionally plug it into my PS3/PS4 and use it as it's power source and/or HDD. Those memory card prices are out of hand and syncing controllers between all the things i use one on sucks.
>>
>>334334047

From someone who did just that, It's worth it.
>>
>>334336508
I can play P4 for free though

What I am really interested in Golden is how you can select skill your inherit on your Persona
>>
File: 1459822849709.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459822849709.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>tfw bought the PSTV at launch for full price
How the fuck was I to know the price would get slashed so quickly to so little?
>>
>>334336774
PSTV was literally them clearing out the parts of the Vita 1000 that were still lying around. They shoved it in a cheap plastic box and threw in a DS3 to clear out the old PS3 parts.

And now less than two years later, it's discontinued
>>
>>334336774
If anything, I expected it to have a small run and be hard to find like that small GBA. Considering how the Vita's life has been going, I'm surprised that Sony let people buy something vita related for cheap.
>>
>>334331569
>without the DRM stopping me from doing anything with it
Good luck playing VLR
>>
File: AkanePast.png (286 KB, 634x544) Image search: [Google]
AkanePast.png
286 KB, 634x544
>>334337084
Pic unattached
>>
>>334336774
>and the fucking memory card pricing

Fucking sony
>>
>>334336931
In Netherlands so far. I'll give it some more time before everyone else follows behind. Pretty sure the places with the most weebs will be the last to go.
>>
>>334336724

P4G is longer and has more events throughout the story. There's also extras and all that. It's the best version of the game.

I could've played the original on PS2 or emulated it, but holding out for Golden was worth it for me, especially since I can now play whatever other games on the system I want too.
>>
>>334337195
No, they discontinued the PSTV in February worldwide.

Everyone was trying to focus on the "IN JAPAN" part of the initial articles that the official Sony statement to western outlets was drowned out.
>>
I have an alienware steambox. I won it in a raffle before someone starts giving me shit for it.

It's actually alright, I was using an awful laptop for a while, but this is much better. I just need to install windows on it so I can do some other shit and i'll be happy. PC without all the normie shit I crave to pass the days by like spotify and netflix and hulu is some of the worst shit ever.

plays games pretty good though. The most demanding game i've played is the metro redux duology though, so those aren't exactly super demanding.
>>
File: 1459882356076.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1459882356076.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
>>334337456
>shit, it's true
>no one I watch/listen to talked about it
And it still gets patched to prevent hacking.

I suppose that there's the fact that it's import friendly, just hope mine never dies.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.