[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: gtao.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
gtao.jpg
312 KB, 1920x1200
What went wrong?
>>
it is not like gta iv
>>
>>334311969
>grand THEFT auto
>you have to buy vehicles
>>
The progression treadmill is shit and R* continues to shit out slight upgrades to already existing cars instead of doing something new.
>>
it came out after I already played through V and lost interest

shark cards are some ol' bullshit too
>>
>>334311969
Everything
>>
Drip feeding of content to make shark cards valuable, general skinner boxing and too much separation between being in a lobby and being in an actual game mode (ie a race).
>>
>>334311969

Progression is a pointless grind

Have a hacker give you hundreds of millions, and find out there's nothing to do with that money.

Decide to instead try lobbies and playlists, The load time and set up is longer than time actually spent playing.

what a shit game.
>>
>>334311969

That you have to load into online for literally 5 minutes every time you play the game.

>>334312839
look mom, I said it again.
>>
File: 1455580663399.png (207 KB, 1279x669) Image search: [Google]
1455580663399.png
207 KB, 1279x669
>shit UI
>tries way hard to be an mmo
>R* knows its shit and keeps baiting people with empty "free dlc"
>terrible loading times and just an overcomplicated mess that fell flat on its face

Friendly reminder that GTAIV's multiplayer was overrall a better experience albeit being extremely barebones.

I remember being able to play GTAIV"s multiplayer flawlessy when it came out
>>
>literally prints billions
>implying anything went wrong
>>
>GTA V>GTA IV

if you agree with this, you are mentally ill and should be extinguished from gaming in general
>>
File: gtaonline.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gtaonline.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>334311969
pic related makes up 70% of the game
>>
>>334312735
let's settle this once and 4 all. GTA4 online was FUCK ING SHIT. There was nothing to do in freemode but drive to rpg pickup, get rpg, blow people up. and u would just constantly die over and over again every time u spawned. ALSO everybody would just congregate at the airport. There was only like 1 online coop mission. There was FUCK ALL to do and it got boring after a couple weeks. IT WAS SHIT. NO CHARM TER CREATION, PERSONAL VEHICLES, MISSIONS, HEISTS, BOUNTYS, NO SAVED WEAPONS

say what you like about gta 5 online, but its at a an least an improvement on 4 gta
>>
>>334313395

this

gta 4 online was just going to the airport
>>
>>334313151

i think ive had more fun fucking around times square then anything in GTA5's free roam.
>>
>>334313395
>that entire post

I completely agreed, you would just get spawn killed over and over again and really couldn't do anything but _______________________________git fucking gud__________________
>>
>>334313395
Cops and motherfuckin Crooks.
>>
>Modders inflated economy to the point if you don't have 100m+ Cash you won't enjoy the game.

>Rockstar never did anything about modded accounts or money

>DLC weapons like homing launcher made helicopters useless and Marksman rifle fire rate is to high.

>Auto-aim is the standard instead of creating Free-aim the standard and auto-aim only working on Easy mode heist and regular mission NPCs.

>Destroying players killing you inside of a fully armored vehicle will get you "Punishment points"

>Only pointless Vehicle DLC, should add Liberty City with a SIngle player DLC package.

>Game modes aren't rewarding only one that awards you is Racing. Deathmatches should give special weapon upgrades like Thermal scopes, reticles, camos, etc.

>Glitches aren't being patched such as god mode, wall breaches, and etc.

>Max health stat mixed with Auto-aim makes it impossible to PvP in Freemode or Deathmatch without getting annihilated

>The game went with the Stat+Level>Gunskill+Game knowledge approach

>Europoors are 80% of the population thats exploiting glitches

>No dedicated servers so modders can run wild and free and destroy the game

>No beta servers to test the game out before release.
>>
>>334311969
Greed.
>>
File: 1460080398001.gif (3 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1460080398001.gif
3 MB, 512x384
>>334311969
>Need money to have fun
>Grinding the highest paying missions is not fun
>>
File: 1429834503103.jpg (43 KB, 284x341) Image search: [Google]
1429834503103.jpg
43 KB, 284x341
>>334313507
>gta race that was actually enjoyable and fun
>wasn't just a bunch of faggots boosting for money driving around in a circle
>cops and crooks
>deathmatch where everyone was on equal playing ground with health and weapons
>weapons fucking spawning everywhere

and pic
>>
People are entirely unintereted in doing anything other than heists and freeroam, from my experience.
>>
>>334313565

Adding to this, i feel like they should of kept some of the original GTA IV ideas like.

>That barebones race where you start on foot and get to point B any means possible. This was by far one of the greatest game modes in video games.

>The mafia boss mode where you have to protect your boss and get him to point B was fun

>COmpletly removing Auto-aim or just making it work close distance only is what made GTA IV PVP good
>>
R* did everything in their power to make sure no fun allowed
>>
File: 1432044731148.jpg (14 KB, 180x242) Image search: [Google]
1432044731148.jpg
14 KB, 180x242
>>334313896
>That barebones race where you start on foot and get to point B any means possible.

My fucking nigga

Also
>melee weapon only deathmatch in the prison yard
>driving to the airport and coming back with an annihilator
>>
>grinding
>in a gta game
>>
File: 1370095457596.png (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1370095457596.png
7 KB, 200x200
>>334313978
>Swingset glitch 2.0 got patched almost immediately
>>
>>334314024

Homing launchers was a terrible idea remove them or nerf them helicopters in GTA V is pretty much a free kill now. Helis in every GTA have always been the dominant vehicle that would fuck shit up and you had to avoid or shoot down manually with RPG not Beep.Beep.BEEP BEEP BEEP dead.
>>
>>334314898
>trying to do cargobob stuff
>any retard can swat you out of the sky with no effort
>>
>>334311969
Its in a limbo state of trying to be fun and trying to have alot control over the play
also Pegasus overhaul when that entire system is shit
>>
No optional freedom to customize and create a session for you and friends to fuck around in without the GTAO bullshit.
>>
>>334313395
GTA IV online wasn't very deep but it was still fun to fuck around in. 5's online is like an MMO, it's just barely fun enough to get you addicted but not fun enough to really enjoy.
>>
>>334313565
>>Modders inflated economy to the point if you don't have 100m+ Cash you won't enjoy the game.

Modders did not cause the prices to be what they are in the game. The prices do not fluctuate due to the amount of in game money available. They prices in the game are what they are so people will buy shark cards, modders were just a response to the outrageous prices in the game.
>>
>>334313395
the superior IV map alone makes the online mode better
>>
>>334313565
>Rockstar never did anything about modded accounts or money
they did though, I lost 120 million. They should have just let everyone keep it, the game was a lot more fun back then
>>
>>334313896
>>That barebones race where you start on foot and get to point B any means possible. This was by far one of the greatest game modes in video games.

You can do that. That is literally one of the VIP challanges you can launch for your organization.
>>
>>334315997
i still have my money but i agree with the rest. gta iv online was more fun for a reason, you could fuck around a lot more. just think about the option to turn cops off, makes it already so much better than V
>>
>>334315997
i still have mine. I was not an idiot though and only got my drops at like less than $50 million at a time and never put it into my bank (until I got my next-gen system, when the transfer put it in my bank). Just dont brag on servers about it, keep a low profile, and don't put 100's of mil into your account and you can still bring money in no problem.
>>
>>334312839
You can just steal them though
>>
>>334312839
>>334313080
>as if selling the car would get much less than its worth
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.