[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harmony of dissonance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Why do people hate it? I think it's pretty good. I'm at the final boss, gonna try him in a few minutes. Does the castle you fight him in make any difference?
>>
>>334303226
nobody hates it. on /v/ a lot of people like it.
it's an excellent game and has a shitload of content.
>>
>>334303226
I had more fun with this than the DS games desu
>>
>>334303226
>Does the castle you fight him in make any difference?
Yes.
>>
>>334303226
It is pretty good
Faster than CoTM
Soundtrack is kinda weak, it does have some nice tunes here and there
>>
>>334303226
I believe the castle you fight him does make a difference in ending.

It's a decent game but it was three glaring problems.

First is the map design, the dual castle design is confusing and just leads to loads of arbitrary dead ends in parts which would've been normal corridors. It adds a third dimension to navigation but in a slipshod way.

Second is the audio. The development team severely underestimated the GBA's audio capabilities, which is why the audio sounds on-par with GBC audio up until you hear the end credits theme.

Third is the combat, you don't get a wide selection of equippable weapons to enjoy like SotN or AoS. So it's whips the whole way, but you're going to abuse the shit out of the spellbook fusion system anyway.

There's also weird shit like Juste being compelled to decorate a room in Dracula's castle. You know, the one that crumbles at the end of every castlevania game.
>>
>>334303818
I hate it. The level design was garbage, the game has poor sound design, and nothing stands out as being impressive in quality. It's incredibly mediocre which is a shame considering the other two titles on the GBA are rock fucking solid
>>
>>334304323
>>334303818
>>334304112
Really? The last time I saw a Castlevania thread on /v/ everyone seemed to prefer Circle of the moon and Aria of sorrow over it.

>>334304170
Exactly what is the difference then?

>>334304336
I agree that the music quality is bad, but the compositions themselves are nice. The whip can be upgraded but not by much so more weapons would've been a plus. Also what the fuck is the decorating room for? Can you take monsters there and fug'em?
>>
I think Symphony of the Night was easily the best in the series
>>
>>334304763
>Exactly what is the difference then?
There are 3 endings. The one you get depends on the castle you fight in, and your equipment.
>>
>>334304763
Aria of Sorrow is probably the best out of those
>>
I think it's just that the other GBA games are considered better, still a great game
>>
>>334304875
Agreed. It had its flaws but damn was it a good game.
Too bad Kocknami went to shit so there's no way we get an HD remake on PS4. At least I can still get it on PS3's store.
>>
I don't hate it but I couldn't get to it as much as I tried, to me it's the weakest of the three castlevania gba games, still, not a bad game.
>>
>>334304763
>Really? The last time I saw a Castlevania thread on /v/ everyone seemed to prefer Circle of the moon and Aria of sorrow over it.

there was 2 or 3 threads a while ago where HoD was pretty well received. I mean, it just changes depending on what kind of people enter the threads.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.