[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insurgency - HOW TO GET GOOD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: insurgencyjpg-0d2782_1280w.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
insurgencyjpg-0d2782_1280w.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Anyone got any pointers on how to get better at Insurgency? I don't know if it is normal or am I that shit, but most times when I die I can't even pinpoint who and where was shooting at me.
I can't seem to find my 'comfort zone' with loadouts too.
Please advise.
>>
>>334301553
Stop playing an old shit game.

Don't move so much. On long ranged you get sniped so it's all about camping. On short range you'll be gunned down by idiots, it's basically Call of duty + camping: the game
>>
git gud
Stop running around like its fucking COD
>>
>>334301553
Stop standing in the open.
>>
Go to the workshop and get a skinpack that makes the faction you choose wear a different camo pattern. The brighter the better.
>>
>>334301553
Slow and steady wins the race, peek out more, don't run out of cover too far and don't sprint unless it's the start of a round.
>>
>>334301679
>Stop playing an old shit game.
What to play, then? The latest Rainbow Six?
>>334301754
Heh. This might work.
>>
>>334301892
>The latest Rainbow Six?
Yes. It's a boatload of fun. Not sure why you bought Insurgency instead of that.
>>
>>334302071
>Not sure why you bought Insurgency instead of that.
1 Dollar on Humble Bundle vs. 60EUR? You have to ask?
>>
>>334301754
Do this, find a florescent orange skin and go nuts.
>>
I feel ya OP. Some things that have made me productive member of team, though by no means good.

>Don't use frags unless you are demo class. Use smokes. Nothing protects a push like smokes, and they are infinitely more valuable than frags or flashbangs.
>Pick grenades/RPG's off of dead teammates
>crouch, lean, and slowly scan for enemies. They will not be easily distinguishable from the terrain.
>don't be afraid to jump or do any of the MLG evasive shit. It throws off people's aim.
>use semi auto most of the time
>become familiar with the weapon's hip fire pattern
>>
>>334304009
Thanks!
>>
>>334301553
Just learn the maps until you can effectively camp others rather than being camped on yourself

The game isn't that good
>>
Insurgency is somewhat unique in FPS in that you need a high DPI over low DPI to do good, the faster you can snap to center of mass and spray enemies down the better you will be. You don't need precise aiming as you can kill with one body shot and you have 30 rounds. You will get better at positioning and tactics with time, but getting gud at snapping to targets as fast as possible is a good start.
>>
Know the maps, and understand the most traveled paths and areas that snipers go to.
>>
File: puttin in work.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
puttin in work.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>334301553
stop pretending it isn't CoD4 Hardcore
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.