[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game being hard was just a meme wasn't it. 16 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: meme.jpg (991 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
991 KB, 2560x1440
This game being hard was just a meme wasn't it.
16 hours in and I don't think I've died to a boss more than twice.
Does it ever get hard?
>>
>>334291571
>Playing souls games for the difficulty
end yourself.
>>
>refined broadsword
>all that vig
>that obviously min maxed armour set
yikes
>>
>>334291671
You're right. I fell for the meme. Now for the big one.
>>
>>334291571
t. bare summonz
>>
>>334291571
you're too good
that's not fair to the game
>>
>>334292031
>play the game like a retard then its hard
By that logic why don't you be some Quake champion using your feet.
I put my points in endurance and strength with a bit of vitality to stop getting one-shot. Endurance is literally the only health stat worth getting.
>>
>>334292279
there's no excuse for that armour combo though
>>
>>334291571
What SL are you? I'm putting you at about 80 with all that VIG and END.
>>
File: 1453320718532.png (262 KB, 700x573) Image search: [Google]
1453320718532.png
262 KB, 700x573
>using shields
best decision I ever made was no shields
>>
File: blue winged kookaburra.jpg (193 KB, 800x638) Image search: [Google]
blue winged kookaburra.jpg
193 KB, 800x638
>>334291571
>health bar is 2/3 the length of the screen
>hurr durr when will it get hard
I bet you're overleveled too you clueless piece of shit.
>>
>>334291571
Holy fuck you're fashion souls is retarded as fuck, get some matching armors jesus.
>>
>>334292364
I picked based on weight and best values for their weight. If playing like a retard is the only way to make this game hard then the game isn't in any way, shape, or form hard.
>>
>>334292506
>love bloodborne
>cant go back to using shields
>use target shields to parry all day
>>
File: expand.jpg (15 KB, 293x179) Image search: [Google]
expand.jpg
15 KB, 293x179
>>334291571
>this meme of being so gud at gayms is still around
i don't know why it still pisses me off.
>>
File: b.jpg (2 MB, 2385x1738) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
2 MB, 2385x1738
>>334292730
You could literally grind souls for 10 hours and be over leveled for the rest of the game and not die once. It's up to you to choose how casually you want to build your character. I don't know why this is a surprise to you, considering every single souls game and most rpgs are like this. Also, I know this is an anonymous imageboard and no one cares, but you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>334292632
>Implying vigor makes the game easy.
Nigga,the more points you put in vigor the less damage you make
>>
File: 1438013164885.png (96 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
1438013164885.png
96 KB, 277x296
>>334291571
>That health bar taking up half the screen
>Full armor with a shield

How did you die to anything at all even once? I'll bet you summoned too
>>
>>334292945
So the game isn't hard then, that's all I'm saying. If people find this game hard you're saying it's because they're retarded?

I can deal with that.
>>
>>334291571

The difficulty curve is a lot more gradual now.

It used to be you wouldn't uograde your weapons for a long time, and would have to make do with shit scaling and low health.

Now you can vit stack because you can upgrade your weapons quickly, cheaply, and comfortably. I remember playing Demon's Souls and all of those undead bastards in 1-1 would take 4-5 hits to kill over the 2-3 it takes in later games.
>>
>>334293069
I summoned once in some swamp and I quickly realised I was rushing through trying to keep up with him and I was missing out on stuff. Never summoned since.
>>
>>334291571
>Over-level the fuck out of yourself early in the game
>LOL WHY IS IT SO EASY GUISE?

Gee, I wonder. 5 of those 16 hours were likely you farming at the graveyard near the cathedral.
>>
>>334291571
>Does it ever get hard?

Nope, it's only as hard as you make it (via build and gear choices); if you select optimally, you'll breeze right through the game.
>>
File: 1451243599607.png (143 KB, 300x349) Image search: [Google]
1451243599607.png
143 KB, 300x349
>enter swamp
>invaded by NPC
>invaded by player
>kill both
>>
>>334293591
Again, playing like a fucking retard and then saying it's hard is literal autism.
>>
>>334293385
If you use that logic, then pretty much any non pvp game with an xp bar is easy.
>>
>play all 4 games in the series
>look up build and weapon info on wiki/4chan
>complain the game is too easy
You probably summoned for bosses too.
>>
>>334293750
>then pretty much any non pvp game with an xp bar is easy.

Not OP, but that's true and that's the appeal of PvP. Real humans (assuming a sufficiently good matchmaking system and player base) will always be challenging, PvE challenge is always the same.
>>
>>334293750
They are easy so long as the game relies on motor skills instead of mathematics.
>>
>>334293776
>first dark souls game
>never looked up a build, just noticed endurance is basically regenerating health
>only summoned once but not for a boss
I'm quickly learning this games fanbase is actually autistic.
>>
>>334291571

Is this your first Souls game?

If it is, I'll have to say I'm impressed. You'd be fucking lying though.

We are 4 (or 5 if you played BB) games into the series. If you are a veteran of the series, you are over the learning curve. The game shouldn't be that difficult because you probably already spent hours playing the other games. The mechanics carry over between each game.

Complaining that DaS3 isn't hard after playing each game in the series would be like expecting to learn how to read again every time you started a new book.

Don't play the game for the difficulty. Play it for the fun
>>
>>334291571
Come back when you hit the dancer.
>>
>>334291571

Nobody thinks the games are hard, just somewhat challenging. The whole "so difficult" meme is just Bamco marketing.

To be fair, though, the Broadsword is one of the most OP weapons for PvE due to its damage, especially when refined.

But, again, the games were never intended to be extremely difficult.
>>
>broadsword, widely accepted as one of the most overpowered pre-balance-patch weapons in the game
>refined at that
>mix and match armour set for extra min-max
>vigour breaking into the neighbour's screen
>hurr durr game is easy

nigga we all know you trying to rustle up flamjams
>>
>>334294329
>the Broadsword is one of the most OP weapons for PvE due to its damage, especially when refined.
What the hell? Since when? I looked at the damage difference between upgrading it normally and refining it and its about the same, the only bad way you could upgrade it is by making it Raw. I also looked at the Longsword stats and they were about the same, with the Broadsword winning only slightly, how the hell is the Broadsword considered OP?
>>
>>334291571
Yes, you're good. It's not a hard game, everyone else just sucks at it. Yes.
Is this what you wanted to hear?
>>
>>334293591
Not him but I never grinded and still ended up with lvl ~80 and a +10 refined broadsword right at Lothric Castle. Hell, I went through areas so fast that I apparently missed half the items. It's probably the easiest souls game.
>>
>>334294615
Refined makes it scale well with a quality build.
>>
>>334294615
it's not that it's OP per se, it's just that the scaling on everything else is gutted and most weapons have shit damage so that the broadsword's damage on a quality build looks massive in comparison, plus its weapon arts are pretty fantastic.
>>
>>334291571
I know right. Like, I just bought the game, and I haven't even played it and I haven't died a single time. Stupid casuls roflmaocopter.
>>
>>334291571
Played DS2 for the first time last 2 months and I can hardly say that the game was a challenge. Didn't rage quit and 100 deaths is pretty normal for a real game.
Souls games don't get hard, haven't played the 3rd yet one but I woulnd't expect it to get hard, infact I bet the last boss will be anti climatic.

Thre reason for all this "Souls games are hard" bandwagon is just newfag casuals who were never exposed to real games. They grew up playing movie-games where you can't die or if you do die, you spawn in nearby checkpoint. Then most action sequences are quick time events with buttons that must be pressed in the correct order and time to progress, much like a toddlers toy (pic somewhat related).

It's like a murican driving a manual car for the first time after driving an automatic all their lives. They feel like they aren't in control anymore because, truth be told, they were never in control, they were just delusional, it was just auto pilot, so they start freaking out and quit because it's too much to handle.
>>
File: pic related.jpg (409 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
409 KB, 1600x1600
>>334296257
>>
>>334292279
OP you've got it all wrong. What made any souls game enjoyable(Yes I find them difficult, go ahead shit on me) was finding a way to make the game easier, yet not too easy. Not many people realize they are doing this while they play,but thats just how it happens. Several people who have gone the magic route have told me that the game just wasn't fun. They had made it too east for themselves. Then their are those who will equip the heaviest armor and dump all their points into vitality. They don't see the game as fun simply because after that point it becomes automatic.
>>
>>334294990
Dude, I've all of the games multiple times, and I say this one is easily the hardest one.

Bigger levels, more ambushes more enemies who are stronger, faster and more aggressive than the ones from the previous games, it takes a fucklong time to max your estus count, you are forced to spread your stats around more in this one too, even if you're a mage.

At least the bosses are fair save for a few, and they are no longer massive damage sponges like they were in DS2 and BB.

The easiest game in the series is easily the first Dark Souls, it had slow enemies who wouldn't ever be grouped up, and almost all bosses only had a single phase, so after you learned their half a dozen moves, you're good to go. And lets not forget how easy it was to make a cookie cutter build in that game, considering how overpowered the END stat was, and how subpar quality builds were to weapons with fixed damage and no scaling, meant you could get the minimum STR and DEX requirements, and then dump all the rest of the levels into VIT and END.

And just for your information, OP, the reason I played those games wasn't because they were hard, because no RPG can be truly hard, unless there is a limit of how much you can grind, I played this series because the games are fun and rewarding.
>>
>people mad at a big health bar

i literally couldnt think of a better build than hp build, we DeS again baby you can even start with a fire gem VIT GOUGE NIGGAS
>>
>>334293662
Can't you only be invaded by a player if you have people with you? So that's really not impressive.
>>
Cant blame him for listening to the marketing though, can you?
>>
The games have been getting easier. Demon souls would actualy make the game harder evertime you die. You would lose health upon respawning and the game would sometimes throw a sudo boss/invader at you. It was frustrating desu, like I'm already having a hard time and now I have to fight an npc invader upon spawning. BB and DaSoul3 are a cake walk, BB being slightly easier.
>>
>>334293447
In old games, you duped to counteract the scaling.

Duping in this game will make it a complete joke
>>
>>334292031
I don't get it, you're not suppose to play like that or something?
>>
>>334297712

>duping in Demon's Souls

Heresy
>>
>>334292945

What he did didn't take 10 hours of autistic grinding. He just grabbed some gear that he could roll in with high defense.

It's not wrong to use common sense to survive.

I'm stacking vit myself just because my Deep Axe overpowers any of my scaling weapons. Or is that playing wrong?

Should I have dumped them into Dex so my character could be exceedingly weak the whole time instead? Maybe I should have thrown it all into attunement.
>>
>>334297664
Also in DeSouls you could not use a slash attack when you were by a wall or it would stagger you, games are now pretty casual.
>>
File: 1456526822380.jpg (49 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1456526822380.jpg
49 KB, 625x626
>>334291671
>>
>>334292506
I'm playing a generic knight with a shield and broadsword.
Sword&Board4lyfe nigga
Fite me
>>
>>334291571
I guess it is. People keep talking about second forms of bosses but I never see them.
>>
Hey guys guess what boss I'm describing
>Hits very hard
>Attacks are very telegraphed
>Doesn't have much health
>>
>>334297124
no, not sure where you got that information.
>>
>>334291671
literally no other reason to play souls.

Its just a generic hackan slash without the "difficulty"
>>
>>334298656
Are you trying to imply that Souls games are difficult?
>>
>All these people in this thread calling OP a faggot for playing smart
I really hope these posts are all samefags. Souls games truly attract the most shitters.
>>
>>334299026
all of them
>>
>>334299026
me tbqh
>>
>>334292641
He's obviously a minmaxing faggot. Probably over-leveled too.
>>
File: amusing.png (46 KB, 202x267) Image search: [Google]
amusing.png
46 KB, 202x267
>>334292279
>bit of vitality
>>
Is level 49 too low for old demon king or do i need to git gud?
>>
>>334291571
nope your just too good. not everyone out there is blessed with you good game playing skills
>>
rofl at all these butthurt soulsniggers trying to defend their game by claiming OP is building his character "too good"
>>
>>334291571
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334300249
You need to git gud. Dude has some crazy reach, and you'll also need to get a read on his supernova, or else it'll fuck you up. Stay close to his tail as often as you can, but be ready to roll away when necessary.

It's also an optional boss fight, so you could also just skip it.
>>
urgh this pontiff cunt

hes right off it
>>
>>334293591
This, what the hell OP, are you really so fucking stupid? This shit is embarrassing.
>>
File: 1455164204671.png (90 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1455164204671.png
90 KB, 200x200
>>334291571
>Dying at all
>>
>>334300627
This
>>
>>334297124
Kill urself
>>
>>334291571
yeah

that fuckin dancer boss

range is crazy and bitch keeps pushin me up against walls

shits NOT dank.
>>
Did anyone here kill the dancer in one try? Hardest boss in all souls iv faced
>>
>>334291571
God damn does Brass Armor look like shit on fat CU.
>>
File: 1445543816643.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1445543816643.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>>334302336
>Get to Undead Settlement and grab sunbro covenant
>Go back and put my summon sign down in front of Vordt thinking I can farm some sun tokens.
>Get summoned
>Sweet, let's kill some armored dog-
>Wait, Vordt is this way.
>Why are we heading back into the chapel?
>mfw
>>
>>334291571
Try the optional boss fights, Champion Gundyr is a beast
>>
So /v/, What's considered over leveling for this game?

I just beat the final boss at around level 85, didn't spend anytime farming or sunbroing, just pretty much went throught the game straight, and dd most of the optional stuff I found except for Storm King.

Was I overleveled?
>>
None of the souls games are *that* hard, but III is easily the hardest one. Combat is much faster paced, enemies hit considerably harder than the previous games, poise/stability was nerfed to allow enemies to combo you more easily, and the invincibility period upon getting up was reduced. On top of that, upgrade materials are paced to prevent you from +5/+10ing weapons early like you could in DaSI, equip load and rolls are more balanced to prevent abuse, and various other small tweaks like only having access to a single, extremely delayed Ember heal per fight
>>
>>334294229
I did no bonfire no deaths run. And I still die...but like you said, I play it for fun. Altough they should patch invasions...
>>
>>334297124

I get invaded within 10 minutes of being embered every single time and I never summon other players.
>>
The fucking Abyss Watchers are killing me right now. I could probably handle one of the Watchers at a time, but then the second comes and they start gang-banging me into a corner until I die. And by the time I get to the second stage with the Embered version, I don't have any Estus left to keep myself alive through the battle.

What the fuck am I supposed to do to handle these fuckers?
>>
>>334291571
>shield
>still dies

Jesus, you're bad.
>>
>>334303316
I had some trouble with them. Get damage in on the first one before the second one summons. When both are active, keep both in view at all times and literally just run around. Don't try to attack.

Eventually the third one will pop up and they'll gangbang him. You can get some damage in when they're attacking the red-eye dude but he doesn't last long, and if you get too close to the mosh pit you'll get fucked since their attacks all have huge arcs. Try using a weapon with long range, like a spear or thrusting sword or something. He doesn't have much health so a couple good combos and you should be good.

In the second part, stick close to his body and don't roll too far out from him or the flames will clip you. Best chances to hit him are after his ground slam and after he charges at you. You have to roll through most of his attacks since they have ridiculous range (something to get used to actually).
>>
>>334303316
Get the watchers to attack each other
>>
>>334303316
Abyss Watchers pretty much tests your understanding of PvP gitgud mechanics. If you can learn to iframe into attacks, backstab, and perfect parry every time, the boss becomes a cakewalk. Otherwise if you're a normal person and not an MLG gaming savant like every single fucking Souls player claims they are, try this:

>Enter fog door, he'll most likely do the drift attack into you. Roll through it and get a few hits in. Circle around and get a backstab if you can.
>Dodge and poke through openings until you hear second guy pop up. Immediately run and pick up your soul if you've lost it in a previous run.
>Keep running away from them, and try to keep yourself 90 degrees from their line of sight all the time, that way their lunge and drifting attacks should JUST miss you. Don't ever stop moving.
>Wait for third guy to show up. At least two of them should start to brawl. Take care of the third one while the two are distracted. If you're lucky all three will brawl it out. Repeat until 3rd phase. Do not engage as long as there are only 2, they will both focus you.
>Phase two: Run and dodge from EVERYTHIING until he does the jumping Sheev Spin. That's his longest downtime. Use this to fish for potshots or heal up. If you estus as soon as you see him do the flying leap, you'll finish chugging before he gets back up.

Be careful of the "wall of fire" attack on Phase 2. He'll dash toward you with his sword scraping the ground, and the line will erupt moments later. Double dodge to avoid it if you need to. Keep at it and don't give up.
>>
>>334291571
Your health bar more than doubles mine even when I have an ember active.

Who /sorcery/ here?
>>
I love getting invaded during a Souls launch. I'm not even good at PvP but the amount of shitters is insane.

>invaded in the pre-anor londo area by one of those belltower replacement covenant dudes
>think he's an NPC invasion cause he has a title
>just sprints around trying to fling pyromancies at me
>starts spamming estus after getting his ass whooped
>runs to the area with the archers to try and cheese me to death
>literally sitting there spamming gestures while the archers fire at me behind cover
>eventually just sprint up to where he is standing, quick parry and punt him off a ledge
>get killed by an arrow immediately afterwards

Also, invaders can estus now? What the fuck is that about?
>>
>>334291571
If you've played any other souls game this game really doesn't offer anything new, thats probably why it doesn't feel too hard
>>
>>334297124
No, you just have to be embered. Matchmaking just tends to favors co-op sessions. Levels and location also affects it. If you're over leveled in a particular area the chances of invasion will drop.

You can just summon dark phantoms and mound makers if you want voluntary PvP anyway.
>>
>>334298893
That's cool as long as the shield is 100% of the time on the back and you are two handing that shitty broadsword.
>>
>>334291671
This is actually the problem with DS3, someone in the dev team somewhere thought "People seems to like the idea of Souls being hard, so wheel just add loads of shit everywhere again because that's so hard".

The general design is just so lazy, everything is a really unthreatening ambush and there are more fucking mimics than the two previous games combined because "LOL XDDDD MIMICS".
>>
>>334292279
Meta fags need to die
>literally hundreds of weapons
>pick the most efficient instead of what you like most
>>
>>334298534
NPC dark wraiths, and wall hitting are both still a thing. Have you even played the new games? Diminishing health is a shit mechanic.
>>
File: 9cwqGHo.jpg (90 KB, 1200x669) Image search: [Google]
9cwqGHo.jpg
90 KB, 1200x669
>>334300249

I did it at 35 just now so no.
>>
>>334305538
You're thinking of DaS 2. The enemy placement is pretty fair in 3, and larger enemies are actually threatening not because they're two or three together, but because they actually are a threat by themselves.
>>
File: 1439474180161.jpg (152 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1439474180161.jpg
152 KB, 640x720
>>334307112
>Fight fire demon at Undead Settlement
>Perfectly dodge every attack and take him down to quarter health before Siegward can even get a hit in
>Fight fire demon at Carthus
>Get fucking destroyed 5 times, and have to cheese him up the stairs.

Fuck me. Why can't I be consistently good at this game? Half the time I'm untouchable with perfect timing and parries, and the other half I'm eating shit hit after hit and dodge into attacks rather than out of them.
>>
>>334308130
I mostly agree. Man, that hallway in the catacombs where the skeletons throw homing dark bolts bombs at you was fucking brutal. Such a simple thing and it fucked me up multiple times trying to get down to Smouldering Lake.
>>
>>334296692
>The easiest game in the series is easily the first Dark Souls

This. Don't forget how fucking easy it was to cheese enemies with backstabs. Backstabbing made black knights trivial on 1 . Fuckers on here complain about the enemy tracking because they can't backstab fish enemies anymore. Here's the thing about backstabbing: you can still backstab mobs, but you have to do it after they make an attack that leaves them open (just like when you're fighting a player).
>>
You're not supposed to grind that many soul levels and then expect enemies with set dmg values to feel hard
>>
File: 20160414020158_1.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414020158_1.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
>>334291571
op why does ur character look like shit
>>
>>334305203
Invaders and Phantoms start with 3 estus and get more for each player kill, I think. But yeah, people are silly at launch.

>Catacombs bonfire, some guy fakes a white summon sign and invades me when I just want help dealing with the invisible rolling fuckers in the hallway.
>Blocks off the end of the hall breathing poison at me.
>Sling fireballs at him from safety.
>After chugging 3 times he gives up and tries to 1v1 me with starting axe
>Parry him to death

Thing is though, he probably got a bunch of people like that and thought he discovered a 10/10 epic troll technique. His skin was bright green and he even had dank in his name.
>>
>>334292279
Unless you plan on pvping ide say use soul levels on int/faith/str/dex/luck 1st playthrough to experience using all the items/builds one way or the other instead of following a min maxed guide and trying to impress people for defeating AIs
>>
>>334308859
I thought the bosses in Dark Souls were by far more challenging then what I've fought int DS3 so far (just finished catacombs and crystal sage).

The real difficulty I've hit so far is the large variety of dickhead overly aggressive enemies you'll encounter who do a shit ton of damage.
>>
>>334304037
>>334304687
>>334304817
I've been taking your advice, and I'm getting through farther, but still getting fucked up by the Fire stage.

I've been using my Irithyll Straight Sword one-handed. Do you think the shield will be of any use, or is the sword alone better?
>>
>>334291671
>someone has problems with the game
>HAHA GIT GUD SCRUB
>someone says the game is easy
>y-yeah why do play it for the d-difficulty
>>
>>334302992
I beat it at 82, after 18 hours. I'd say around the 80 mark is standard, 100+ is overlevelled. The enemies in the final stretch give insane souls.
>>
>>334291571
>not hard
>died at least 2 times in boss battles
>>
it is by far, the easiest souls game at the start (if you roll knight, but even then it's still pretty easy)

it's once you get to the abyss watchers that the game starts getting challenging.
>>
so you fatroll at >70% equip load like ds2 ?
roll travel distance is still affected by it tho ?
>>
>>334309964
I have yet to encounter an actual somewhat challenging boss, most of them are just slow and stupid and the abyss watchers were easy as fuck since pretty much everything stunlock them and you can backstab them too
>>
the game would be perfect imo if everything in the game had like, 20% more health

as it is, I'm destroying most things before they can manage to do any damage to me except for the higher-tier monsters
>>
>>334306008
UGS is love.
UGS is life.
>>
>>334309651
They attack so hard and fast that unless you're using a shield to parry, you shouldn't be blocking unless it's a last-minute stray hit. The straight swords have pretty good 1-handed R1s since they are fast. Thing about shields is they also give you stats just by being equipped so I wouldn't ditch it completely. 2-handing might give you more poke range, but I find being able to end a hit faster and dodge away is more important during a clusterfuck.

Phase 1 is pretty cheesy and you can easily get combo'd if you get distracted. Just try to run away and conserve your heals as much as possible. Phase two is a straight up test of skill. Learn which moves have enough downtime for you to sneak a few hits in, and ONLY attack during that time. Frustration tends to make you get more and more impatient each time you tackle a boss, especially if it's been killing you again and again.

Don't get antsy and wait for the right time to strike. Never spam attacks, even if the boss is a single hit away from dying. Don't try to go for more than 2 hits at a time, 3 at most. Sometimes they seem like they're being stagger-locked, only to suddenly recover at the last minute and slam you into the ground. Sneak in single attacks at a time and dodge away if you have to.

Finally, try to dodge INTO lunging attacks rather than away, or you'll most likely end up eating it anyway when your iframes end. The spinning jump attack he does puts him in perfect position for a backstab if you dodge past it, rather than away from it.

If all else fails, just summon help. Or if your dignity won't allow it, throw a sign down and help someone else tackle the boss so you can dick around with timings without repercussions.

Keep trying bruv, don't give in to despair, that's what those nips want you to do.
>>
>>334310785
I'll try my best. I got him down to 1/10th his health in Phase 2, I think I can get him.
>>
>>334291571
Yes, it was a popular fad back then. Normies and faggots who have never played a hard game in their god damned lives thought it was the coolest and hardest shit ever. Now its just a "meh" rpg
>>
>>334308130
No, Dark Souls 3 is just as guilty of this, just think of the Lothric Knights in Lothric Castle, they throw 1 at you and it's aggressive and does some decent damage, then they decide to throw two and then three and make no consideration of line of sight.

The room for the Darkmoon Covenant has 2 of the Boreal Valley entrance dogs because "LOOK GUYS IT'S HARD". Rarely do they make an emeny more threatening, they just add another one.

I honestly think it's Namcai's hand in this shit from a marketing stand point but they could've just sorely fucked up again.
>>
>>334309795
The reason people say 'git gud' is because you actually have to be bad to find the games difficult. hence, 'you don't play them for the difficulty'. Is that difficult to understand?
>>
>>334303316
That boss took me quite a few attempts, but eventually just started fishing for backstab windows. It's the only way to do appreciable damage on the second phase, and the third watcher spawn on first phase will draw their attention long enough for you to get a guaranteed backstab each time he spawns.

Hardest boss yet, but I hate multi-mob fights, especially with multiple phases. One watcher with boosted damage would've been more fun.
>>
File: 20160414234737_1.jpg (389 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414234737_1.jpg
389 KB, 1920x1080
Yes.
>>
>>334312182
If you find the Irithyll Straight Sword to be lacking, but still want a decent straight sword, try killing those 2 dark knights outside of the boss door (those guys that come in and start wiping out the mutant goat-men). They drop Dark Swords often, which is a pretty great weapon even with just 1 or 2 upgrades. Has decent range, too.
>>
people play soulsborne games for the lore, not the difficulty.
>>
why would a zelda-like game be hard
>>
>>334312764
Why is this screenshot so fucking funny
>>
File: lgKk9ys.jpg (259 KB, 538x1920) Image search: [Google]
lgKk9ys.jpg
259 KB, 538x1920
What really annoys me about this game is that it's never fair.
It's never just a fight, or just an item on the ground, there's always some dumb fucking catch.
>Enemy more than 5 meters away?
>Enemy that hasn't seen you yet?
>Item on the ground?
Door into open area?
>Walking under a ledge?
>You better fucking believe there is going to be an enemy or some other stupid shit

It's not hard, it's just fucking annoying. It's not "play cautiously in case something surprising happens" it's "play cautiously because something unsurprising is always going to happen"
>>
>>334309651
Dodge through and past him. He raped my stamina bar if I pure tried to block so I rolled my way to victory in the second stage.
Backstabs are great damage boosts.
He'll often leave himself open for a backstab after a dash attack.
>>
>>334312905
>lore
you mean atmosphere
>>
>>334291571
>using cheat enigne or dupes
>lol this is easy
You cant have that much stamina there is no way. btw I'm 99 on my char.
>>
>>334313110
Are you seriously this shocked that enemies will try and outsmart you?

The game is completely fair. If you die to this shit, it's your fault for not checking the alcove. One time, I got fucked by some enemies coming from behind, the next time through I noticed them clinging to a wall in plain sight that I just didn't notice.
>>
>>334312656
I hated Abyssal Watcher because he's a human-sized super fast guy. I prefer my bosses bigger, and slower so that you're punished for greedy hits rather than punished for engaging at all 90% of the time. I eventually got him through lucky parries and backstabs, and I didn't enjoy it at all. Pontiff and Dancer were much better, Aldrich was pretty neat too. All of them encouraged you to be careful but still let you score plenty of hits in-between their attacks.
>>
>>334313314

That looks like typical high level possibly boosted with ring endurance to me.
>>
>>334313110
Every souls game has that, you just get used to it on subsequent playthroughs so you forget it was ever there in the first place
the depths had sludges that dropped from the ceiling, and sludges that waited for you to grab an item before springing on you.
the forest had the tree ambush point just before the butterfly, as well as the elite knight armour ambush. It happened countless times in dark souls, most importantly the fucking dragon on the bridge that you couldn't have known was about to happen unless you could somehow tell that the awful ground textures were meant to be burns and not spilt oil.

Dark souls 1 is an incredible game, one of my favourites, but you're accusing dark souls 3 of something that 1 is just as guilty of (if not more). At least in 1 you can tell if you're careful- you can see legs dangling from a ledge above you, a creature clinging to a higher wall, the glow of red eyes from the shadows.
>>
File: 1460621577954.png (21 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1460621577954.png
21 KB, 420x420
If magic was taken out Souls series would be perfect
>>
>>334313038
I lost my shit when it happened to me, I didn't care that I lost 20 minutes of progress. I love how they look like they're grinning at you.
>>
>>334313523
there is no endurance ring either he is around 80 and put everything in vit/end and has no dmg or he is bullshitting.
>>
>>334313501
Watcher gave you an attack window after every combo string.
>>
>these health bars

So this is how you're supposed to play the game? Damn.
>>
>>334313556
I know DS1 had it, but it wasn't for virtually every single item or group of enemies in the game.
DS1 I would die to that shit because it was infrequent and actually surprising when it happened. DS3 it's just non-stop.
>>
>>334313747

What if he's using raw or infused weapons?
>>
>>334313820
I haven't upgraded anything but strength the entire game, just hit level 40 at the skelly section.
Using the fallen knight armour for A E S T H E T I C S, I die quickly but slaughter everything with the butcher's knife and I know how to roll properly so it isn't an issue. I could do with some more stamina but I'm getting by fine.
>>
File: 1455318155054.gif (997 KB, 450x364) Image search: [Google]
1455318155054.gif
997 KB, 450x364
>>334291571
8.5 inches is the average isn't it.
I'm only 8 inches and I think it's pretty small but girls say its okay.
Does it ever get bigger?
>>
>>334314075
put some olive oil on it and leave for 10-12 hours
>>
>>334291571

i kept crashing at bonfires so i just refunded it at the 1.8 hour mark. fuck it
>>
>>334313820
I've put everything on END/STR/VIT and some DEX for weapon requirements.
At SL 72 at Boreal Valley, I'm basically a super-tank with my greatshield and hit like a truck, but my hp bar is 1/3 of the OP's.
>>
>>334313814
Like fuck they did. They moved so fast, and I had to dodge so much, that even if I had the time to attack I either had no stamina or was on the other side of the room. You have a much smaller margin for error than you do with anyone else, particularly at that level and with that gear.
>>
>>334314295
Using a lot of armour with low HP is bad minmaxing.
>>
File: 1423454775848.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1423454775848.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>334314128
>>
File: 1422988264816.jpg (70 KB, 607x572) Image search: [Google]
1422988264816.jpg
70 KB, 607x572
>there are casuals complaining about the game who waste every level on increasing their health bar
>>
File: skeletor 4.jpg (15 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
skeletor 4.jpg
15 KB, 222x227
>>334314075
>tfw grew up thinking 6.5 was smaller than average
>find out last year that its proper legit
>>
>>334291571
It only apparently hard when you invade and get ganked by the pre-existing phantoms. Then come here and complain about how it's unfair.
>>
>>334291571
With all the END/VIG I'm sure that shield sees a lot of use.
>>
>>334292465
I finished the game at 92 and had 40 in strength and dex and 20 in health stats. His vitality has to be 30-40 because mine Is nowhere near that long
>>
>>334314443
I don't mean to minmax. I don't even do PvP, got invaded once bya an immortal cheater and I'm never using an Ember again.
I just play Souls games like a normal RPG. Die to a boss? Grind more.
And I love to facetank everything with greatshields, no rolling, no parrying.
>>
>>334314392
git gud, no meme intended
>>
>>334308130
Lolno. Demon Ruins is literally a chalice dungeon filled with gangbangs.

The catacombs have plenty of gangbangs, not anor londo is gangbang land, etc. The game is fun because the level design is so good, but the encounter design is literally worse than the Lost Bastille half the time.
>>
>>334314678
>missing out on the satisfaction of mastering a boss
>>
>>334313747
>no dmg
Scaling is poop. Base stats + raw infusion is serviceable, longswords rape everything and he is using the prince of the longswords, second only to the dark sword.
>>
>>334314548
>have 9 inch dick
>physically hurt my ex-gf because of how big it was
Long as you've got some size knowing how to use it is way more important than how long it is.
>>
>>334309217
So does yours.

That helm is whack as shit and clips through everything in the game.
>>
I've never seen the point in spending levels on your health bar, am I missing something? You spend maybe 10 levels to be able to take an extra hit from the average enemy, but spending levels means you deal less damage meaning you'll have to hit more, increasing your chances of being hit. Why don't people either just stack damage, or increase stamina so they can roll/hit more?
>>
>>334314956
Broadsword where? That was my waifu in DS1.
>>
>>334300249
I did it at like 39 ended up cheesing part of it with a bow though
>>
>>334291571
>>334291571

It's nott hat SoulsBorne games are hard, it's just a battle of patience, especially against certain enemies/bosses

The average schmuck is as patient as a boiling tea kettle.
>>
>>334315069
The more health you have, the more of a buffer you have when something goes wrong. It's a lot nicer to know that you can take 2 hits from a boss and still be alright.
>>
>>334315069
Breathing room to make mistakes. Really helpful on first runs when you don't know shit and are exploring levels/enemies/traps for the first time.
>>
I started as thief and only put points into luck and have gotten my bandit dagger to +2 and the big ass swamp crabs are raping me not even my invuln bullshit dagger dodge is saving my ass now fuck i regret my decision :(
>>
>>334315279
Were you hoping your luck would turn you into han solo and start having plot armor or some shit?
>>
>>334315279
Those crabs are bullshit and only take decent damage from Blunt attacks.
>>
This thread convinced me idiocracy is a real thing.
>>
File: 1414711869477.jpg (37 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
1414711869477.jpg
37 KB, 534x486
I haven't played very far, but I really love the Abyss Watchers fight. Great music, great atmosphere and fairly challenging. Instantly became one of my favorite boss fights in the whole series. So far the game is pretty great, I just hope it has the insane replay value DS 1 had.

PS+ for online is bullshit though, fuck you Sony.
>>
>>334315240
>>334315246
But if you're a new player, dealing less damage is surely more of a burden than a slightly lower health bar. There's no need at any point in the game for a health bar the size of OP's, if anything it encourages you to just tank through attacks and not learn how to efficiently survive. For new players one of the hardest things is finding openings for attacking safely, and having to do that more often will get you killed constantly, especially against certain enemies who catch you in combo chains after a single hit, draining half a healthbar or more.
>>
im at the abyss watchers fight really don't like it, I finally started getting my pyromancer spells yet I feel so weak. Feel like if I just built melee the boss would be cake.
>>
>>334315592
Hes a pretty big difficulty spike regardless
>>
>>334291571
NG has always been the tutorial in all souls games
NG+ is the real deal
>>
>>334315340
i just read the stat saying it increased bleed damage and i wanted to just stack bleed on everything but its not working like i had hoped
>>
Does Estus restore based on % or a flat number?
>>
>>334291571
Same here OP, I actually just beat Nameless King, 2nd try.
Even if the games stopped being hard after DeS (which was hard because first for me) I still love them so much, this one is on par with 1 (2 is still shit btw)
>>
>>334315889
Flat number. You get items to increase the healing, including a ring.
>>
>>334315891
I smashed through the entire game without too much trouble but for some goddamn reason I was stuck for fucking hours on Nameless King getting my shit pushed in

I think the only other times I was stuck that long on one fight in the entire series was Maneaters and O&S
>>
>>334315069
It's a lot more important in PVP. I went from like 14 vigor to 25 vigor by restatting, and suddenly I'm not getting killed in two hits.
>>
THIS GOD DAMN FROST COVERED ASSHOLE UNDER THE BELLTOWER
>>
File: 1422416709349.jpg (71 KB, 430x318) Image search: [Google]
1422416709349.jpg
71 KB, 430x318
>Style all over bosses
>Beat all of them in a single try
>Proceed to get my shit slapped by random guy with a giant stick

Fug
>>
The games are hard, for you first play through of the first series. We all raped ds1 and got good as fuck at the game. They're not gonna scale the games difficulty to the skill of the people who are autistic.
>>
>>334316498
run past him
trust me anon
>>
>>334291571
Have you played the series before? If so, you've already got a grasp of the mechanics. If not, they it's likely it's not as hard as the previous games. Also it matters if you are soloing the bosses or not.
>>
What's the secret to Crystal Sage? Getting real tired of it, I die in just two hits. I've been using the rapier. I can't stay far away because her spells decimate me, but I can't dodge away from the sword in time if I get close.
>>
>>334316498
I don't know how he's giving everyone so much trouble.
Standard Souls game procedure works, shield up and strafe around till he misses, whack him a couple of times, repeat.
>>
>>334315069
I guarantee you in souls games people that skip out on health stat die much more often then people that do not.
>>
>>334316498
now see this guy... was easy as hell for my max luck bandit dagger wielding ass. i guess its good that different enemies are weak to different things but.. it sucks when you fully invest into something that turns out being bad against most things.
>>
Should I waste energy trying to kill the ice lizard at the beginning of the game? I picked barebones build dude and he seems easy enough but one hit and I'm fucked. Wondering if I will get a chance later.
>>
>>334316931
>le lucky bandit thief build xDD
>>
>>334316734
>I've been using the rapier
There's your problem.

I tried to make the Rapier work and it's just really fucking bad.
>>
>>334317132
Come back for him later on
>>
File: 1423354833586.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1423354833586.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
Alright fellas, give it to me straight. What do you think of DkS III so far? Where would you rank it among the series?
>>
>>334317182
Should I go back to the spear? I just found the pike. I have the little Vordt's sword and I believe the broadsword as well.

Also when do I get some good armor? Still using the starting herald armor.

>>334317345
I'm really enjoying it.
>>
>>334316834

>shield

>>334316553

>bonfire right passed the door

You're a saint, Anon. I almost feel bad using that door to cheese him.
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160411170213.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160411170213.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>334317345
DeS>DS3>DS1>DS2
>>
>>334317345
It feels like the biggest Souls game to date.

The weapons are really boring, though. Not enough new shit. Three games of rehashing weapons has gotten really stale. The special abilities don't quite make up for it.
>>
>>334317259
All right, thanks
>>
>>334315057
His is cool. Yours looks like fucking dog shit desu familia
>>
>>334317397
>shield
Are you impying shields are bad in DS3?
>>
>>334317345
I think it's about dark souls 1 level, in some ways it beats it which I never thought I'd say but it still suffers from things like two unnecessary load screen to level up and instant teleporting which kills some of the tension. The controls/combat feel on point, hitboxes are near perfect and the rolling is fluid.

Levels are longer like DaS2 and some feel a little too linear, but areas like the church have a nice interconnectedness and pack many secrets off the beaten path which make exploration and backtracking through each area important. Bosses are a little too easy. I don't think you get enough weapons in the first hour or so to make repeat playthroughs as fun as dark souls 1 either, where you could grab almost any weapon within 10-15 minutes.

IMO DaS1>DaS3>DeS>BB>DaS2
>>
Just got to High Lord Wollnir. I'm currently using either a +3 Claymore (can upgrade to +4) or the +2 Wolf sword. What's the highest weapon upgrade you guys had by this point?
>>
>>334317345
DaS=DeS>DaS3=DaS2:SotFS+DLC>shit>DaS2

Havent played BB, looks like a great game though
>>
>>334316230
same, took me 20 tries or something
>>
>>334291571

beginning was tough for me since I always play Deprived. I was struggling until I found the broadsword, i'm good now
>>
Why did they let phantoms open chests?
>Find a chest in the middle of a room
>Messages everywhere
>Monster ahead, be wary of chest, etc.
>Bloodstains
>Obviously a mimic
>Before I can say anything my friend pries it open and I just have to stand there and watch in disappointment as it devours him
>>
>>334291571
i hope to god you're colorblind that armor would give me a migraine staring at all day
>>
File: 20160415010354_1.jpg (524 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415010354_1.jpg
524 KB, 1920x1080
6 tries against this motherfucker and going up. This shit is being epic and sweaty
>>
>>334291571
so how many bosses use extra enemies to make the fight harder? out of the 7 or so that i've faced, only 2 didn't.
>>
>>334291571

All that juicy estus, heavy armor and HP bar almost as long as my dick

This is literally the mentality of a woman getting free drinks at a bar all night and claiming it's not that expensive to go out
>>
I have 18 vigor at the abyss watchers. I don't even see a reason to level up more than that. I'm seeing people with double the size of life bar where I'm at.
>>
>>334291571
just a friendly reminder that this thread as well as the "why is this game so hard" threads are all made up baits.
>>
>>334304037
>>334304687
>>334304817
>>334310785
I finally did it. I beat the Abyss Watcher. Thank you guys for the advice, it seriously helped me beat him. It feels so fucking good.
>>
I've actually died the most to the cursed rotten greatwood so far. 9 tries or so. Currently at Wollnir
>>
>>334317997
Good luck anon, you can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_NtCdMdGrg
Skip to 2:10. For some reason whenever I listen to that while playing souls my performance shoots up.
>>
>>334318116
noice, thanks man
>>
>>334317997
You know there is a second phase right?
You know there is a third one?
>>
>>334318075
Wait till you get to around Anor Londo and everything in the game starts hitting like a freight train.
>>
>>334317572

Some people have male characters, Anon.
>>
Is there a torrent for this game that people seed? on TPB there is less than 100 seeders for the CODEX and RELOADED ones. Im also the kind of person that likes to try before they buy.
>>
>>334315000
>9 inches

Nigga I genuinely pity you. Even I'm cutting it fine, some girls it hits their cervix and hurts us both.
>>
>>334318383
>implying rolling out of harms way is manly
>implying facetanking monsters 10 times your size isn't manly as fuck
>>
>>334318423
>hitting the cervix
>anything but great

Feels great. Girl tenses up, feels great on your dick.
>>
>>334297124
The swamp is like the new forest and the normal rules of invading don't apply there... I think.
>>
>>334318274
The first one is really easy though

DidnĀ“t die once to the dragon, I just got stuck on the king
>>
>>334293750
They are, RPG mechanics are shit and in no way skill based.
>>
What do I actually have to do to get Yuri to show up?

My first play through I always felt like shit knowing I missed a NPC.

I'm doing a dex/faith run as my second character I don't care how much people say it is shit
>>
What do you listen to to improve your Souls performance? Everybody has at least one song that gets them fucking hyped
>>
Where should I invade at level 50-ish? I'd like some PvP
>>
File: 1396503509863.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1396503509863.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>334318274
>You know there is a third one?
WHAT
>>
Post death counts. Didn't summon for any bossexcept Yhorm because Siegward is forced on you if you do his quest.

Iudex: 0 deaths
Vordt: 0 deaths
Greatwood: 1 death
Sage: 2 deaths
Abyss Watchers: 0 deaths
Deacons: 0 deaths
Wolnir: 0 deaths
Demon King: 0 deaths
Pontiff: 2 deaths
Yhorm: 0 deaths
Aldrich: 0 deaths
Dancer: 0 deaths
Oceiros: 1 death
Champion: 0 deaths
Ancieny Wyvern: 0 deaths
Nameless King: 5 deaths
Dragonslayer: 0 deaths
Twin Princes: 2 deaths
Soul of Cinder: 0 deaths

Pretty easy overall. Probably the 2nd easiest in the series, only Demon's was easier.
>>
>>334318568
Are you serious? The impact hurts my dick.
>>
>>334318761
The fucking in-game music you turdgobbler

inb4 people unironically start linking metal
>>
>>334318761
The boss music is fucking perfect for me already.

Although I should probably try doing something retarded like Y.M.C.A., just to see if it makes things easier when the mood is lighter.
>>
>See an item at the end of a path
>Obviously a trap
>Fight tooth and nail to get to it, sometimes multiple times
>Pick it up
>Alluring Skull
I really hate this game sometimes
>>
>>334318829
I counted the king of the storm as the first phase.
>>
>>334315000
Post a pic on imgur

>tfw 5x5

Also, to keep it on topic: Does a Draug Helmet exist? I found all the pieces except the helmet next to a giant in the Cathedral
>>
>>334318887
what a badass
>>
>>334318887

You've played a lot of Souls, haven't you?
>>
>>334319021
Michael Jackson's smooth criminal works surprisingly well. The timing of the chorus notes after the "You've been hit by" time perfectly with the longsword combo, and the general tempo seemed to sync up with my rolling a lot. Anything with similar tempo works, but catchy stuff works better than metal imo. Find an 80s music playlist and give it a shot. Kenny Loggins is 100% DaS.
>>
You can only say that if you solo every boss, if not fuck off. Either way though it doesn't matter, souls is fun and challenging but the best part is the world and lore.
>>
>Souls games
>Difficult
Just fucking kill yourself
>>
>>334318887
Iudex: 1 deaths
Vordt: 5 deaths
Greatwood: 1 death
Sage: 2 deaths
Abyss Watchers: lost count
Wolnir: 1 deaths
Demon King: 1 deaths
Pontiff: 2 deaths
Yhorm: 1 deaths
Aldrich: 5 deaths
Dancer: 1 deaths
Oceiros: 0 death

Haven't got to the others yet.
>>
So are invasions still just
>Invader running around you in circles trying to get a backstab
>>
>>334314075
>>334314548
>>334315000
>>334318423
>>334318568
>>334318896
>/v/ - Video Games
>>
>>334319021
>>334319021
>>334318761

I played this when replaying bloodborne. My dodging was on point for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2XZiCPWZY4
>>
>>334319193
2 DeS playthroughs
4 DaS playthroughs
4 DaS2 playthrough(1 SotFS)
2 Bloodborne playthrougs
>>
>>334318887
Iudex: 0 deaths
Vordt: 0 deaths
Greatwood: 2 death
Sage: 1 deaths
Abyss Watchers: 2

Taking my time, 12 hours in so far but I'm trying not to rely on teleporting so I learn the layouts better for subsequent playthroughs. Only boss to cause any problem so far has been the Abyss Watchers, but even then the only problem was the range on the fire swings.
>>
>>334319061
EH
THERE IS NO THIRD PHASE
WHERE IS MY THIRD PHASE

THERE WHERE JUST GUY+DRAGON AND THEN JUST GUY
>>
File: 1446886407502.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446886407502.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
>Old Demon King
Holy shit fuck that guy.
>>
>>334315000
>>334318423
>>334318568
>>334318896
Fuck off normalfags
>>
File: 1445809642469.jpg (26 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1445809642469.jpg
26 KB, 640x427
>>334319435
>2 DeS
>4 DaS2
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.