[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: Capture.jpg (75 KB, 626x676) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
75 KB, 626x676
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
Hrist never.
>>
>>334289796
Surprising absolutely no one. Still a dick move after that Kobayashi interview.
>>
Everyone already knows you precious nip devs are moving onto mobile. If FFXV fails expect more of that. I imagine western devs will move more and more to mobile too soon since it's more rewarding for them than consoles. That's what you get when you constantly target the lowest common denominator. Once a new low is introduced people move to that.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Silimena and Alice best girls
>>
That trailer is literally all words.

How does the game play?
>>
>mobile
Wow, it's like SE hasn't learned shit, even after firing Wata. Can't wait for this to bite them in the ass.

>>334290706
Because they know it's shit and the longer they can delay any gameplay the better, they essentially want to trick people into buying this out of desperation because they don't want to screw the chances of a 'proper' sequel, just like Capcom is doing to Breath of Fire.
>>
>>334289796
so what micro transactions come with this one?
>>
Called it just like everyone else
>>
>>334290417
>more rewarding for them than consoles
This is what retards actually believe. Mobile market has actually been shrinking the past few years. "Big" projects have failed to turn a profit and even more modest stuff barely makes a return. Only shit like Flappy Birds makes money because their budget is fucking miniscule.

Aside from that, VP was never a popular series. It's fanbase was rather niche. You would think that means this is a good move, but it just means that fans of the series will be jaded by this move and not buy it because it isn't what they wanted. Just like Breath of Fire, not only are they pissed about the art, but the fact that it is mobile has them in a riot.

Iwata was right, the mobile bubble was already coming to a close and jumping onto that now is suicide.
>>
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>334291358
I want to believe you
>>
>>334289796
AAAAA yourself
>>
JUST
>>
>>334289796
Haha, another childhood classic defiled by mobage filth
>>
Why would you expect anything more?

Even the title shouts "mobile game!"
>>
There is nothing inherently wrong with mobile releases
>>
File: 1458347680011.jpg (94 KB, 604x396) Image search: [Google]
1458347680011.jpg
94 KB, 604x396
FUCK-WHY-ING W-FUCK-HY

FUCKING GOD NO
>>
>>334292090
There is nothing inherently wrong with shitposting
>>
>>334291582
All you need to do is look at all the devs complaining about how they bought into the mobile meme and are now having to close because they thought their super niche game would sell millions just because it was on mobile.
>>
>>334292403
Ive never heard such things, show me your sources.
>>
Get used to this. Japan doesn't want to take risks by acknowledging the foreign market, so it dooms itself to mobile hell.
>>
I hope you like mobage and gachas with 1% rates. I know everyone loves that.
>>
>>334290417
Maybe it will eventually up the quality of mobile games.

There really needs to be a unified controller accessory standard first tho.

Phones are plenty powerful but touch only limits this shit hard.
>>
>>334290417
The mobile market has always been nothing more than a handful of successes in a sea of failures. Game companies will risk killing themselves fleeing to it.
>>
>Airborne Brigade (FLOP)

>FINAL FANTASY ARTNIKS (FLOP)

>ALL THE BRAVEST (FLOP)

>HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS (FLOP)

>DEADMAN'S CROSS (FLOP)

I SWEAR TO CHRIST IF IT'S A FUCKING CARD GAME
>>
File: 1460584403400.png (622 KB, 805x606) Image search: [Google]
1460584403400.png
622 KB, 805x606
how many failures will it take for game devs to realise that moble games are cancer?
>>
You guys dont get it
They want the Chinese mobilephone audience
>>
>>334289796

I am hyped. Valkyrie Profile gameplay is perfect for a mobage.
>>
>>334290417
>If FFXV fails
But FFXV isn't even a real mainline Final Fantasy game. It's a fucking action game spinoff rebranded as a main title.
That game can fuck off. I am not interested in action games. But I am still interested in Final Fantasy games. But it looks like they are no longer interested in making any high budget Final Fantasy games. The much less budgeted Bravely projects aren't even allowed to be called Final Fantasy even though the Bravely games are much more Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy XV will ever be.

Basically. Final Fantasy XV was not made to appeal to Final Fantasy fans. And the way they are acting, "Final Fantasy" already appears to be dead. So if Final Fantasy XV dies, it's hardly as if the brand can die any harder. Because they stopped treating Final Fantasy as Final Fantasy a long time ago.
>>
Nice to see Square has no shame in sullying any and every game series they have.

When's Chrono Mobile?
>>
>>334294625
Up your clenched anus.
>>
>>334290417
>If FFXV fails expect more of that.
If FFXV fails, they might actually stop trying to do AAAA games, do less AAA games, and actually do more AA games.
If that was to come with some more mobage trash then so be it. It would still be an improvement for everybody.
>>
>>334294574
XV already appears to be more of an FF than XIII or the MMOs were. Keep crying like a bitch though.
>>
>>334294982
>XIII
Meant XII. XIII was very much an FF, just a bad one.
>>
File: 1446507399695.jpg (32 KB, 244x225) Image search: [Google]
1446507399695.jpg
32 KB, 244x225
>>334289796
>>
>>334294982
XI was more of an FF game than basically everything, and it had better writing too.
>>
>>334295078
>Meant XII
>actually implying 12 is somehow less of a final fantasy than 15 in anyway
You're ridiculous.
>>
File: 1457044928812.jpg (91 KB, 700x434) Image search: [Google]
1457044928812.jpg
91 KB, 700x434
I don't know if I should cry or laugh at this..
>>
>>334295274
>the only FF I played was XI
Should have just said so.
>better writing
Top fucking kek.

>>334295278
It is less of a Final Fantasy. It plays nothing like FF, has little of the common tropes, and has a storyline tonally different from anything else in the series. It's a good game but felt nothing like Final Fantasy.
>>
Watch it be a piece of shit gacha game too, why do nips love that garbage so much
>>
>>334295686
>It plays nothing like FF
But it does. It's really not that different. The biggest difference was just that characters moved around while waiting on their turns, and that their positioning now kind of mattered.
Otherwise it was largely the same as ever.
>>
>>334289796
Maybe they will actually put the original gameplay in it, it should be easy to control with a touchscreen, and if they have an actual campaign with a good story and bosses, then it could potentially be a fun game, and getting new Einherjar should be enough to keep the game running.

It was obviously going to be a mobile game from the title alone, but maybe it could still be a decent game, have faith.
>>
>>334291358
Doesn't Flappy Bird just reuse sprites from Mario?
>>
>Ghost in the Shell live movie just announced
>then this
I'm not surprised asshats are trying to cash in these days, but still.
What a great fucking year.
>>
>>334294048
Heavenstrike gets me puzzed. It's almost a competent game. In the sense that it's sort of a quick skirmish game that involves some strategy (or at least it was when I quit) it works pretty well. But then the balance is fucked by having better cards (which makes sense since it's mobile trash) but it's far too involved for a game you can play in quick bursts. It's like compromise that will never work because its too much effort. At least a game like Deadman's cross is tap the screen to win.

This new VP game, I imagine is going to be an attempt at a proper game only coming out for a mobile platform and will thus be cut down or have gameplay sacrifices. I could be wrong, but I hold no hope.

>>334294463
That's absolutely not true, especially in the case of Silmeria.

>>334295686
Other than gambit command automation and some AOE and positioning, at its core it plays quite a bit like any ATB FF game.
>>
File: 1234565432.jpg (22 KB, 358x398) Image search: [Google]
1234565432.jpg
22 KB, 358x398
Come on come on
I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself,
"Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"
I'm tired of bein' poor and even worse I'm NEET.
My stomach hurts, so I'm lookin' for a game to play.
Square give a damn about a NEET-o? Pull the trigger, kill a gamer, he's a hero.
Give the games to the kids who the hell cares? One less bored kid on the cellphone.
First ship 'em dope and let 'em deal to brothers.
Give 'em guns, step back, and watch 'em kill each other.
"It's time to fight back", that's what /v/ said.
2 shots in the dark now /v/'s dead.
>>
File: the rage of a thousand suns.jpg (56 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
the rage of a thousand suns.jpg
56 KB, 500x459
How many times am I going to see my childhood destroyed?
>>
>>334289796
Fucking lol'd

I like the original VP but you faggots need to learn to let go, instead of worshipping your zombie franchises until the end of time.
>>
Smartphones are replacing dedicated handheld devices deal with it
>>
File: WHYWHYWHYWHYWHY.jpg (67 KB, 385x352) Image search: [Google]
WHYWHYWHYWHYWHY.jpg
67 KB, 385x352
>>334289796
>That feel when defended Hitman because episodic isn't bad
>Excited for Mankind divided.
>VP game is mobile
>>
>>334299258
They recently dug up Fear Effect's corpse for something like this too.
>>
File: 1296376178829.jpg (110 KB, 933x800) Image search: [Google]
1296376178829.jpg
110 KB, 933x800
>>334289796
Fuck you, gaming.
Fuck you.
>>
Hows the PSP port of VP? Is it good?
>>
>>334295686
>plays nothing like FF
It plays just like every ATB FF before it (technically it's the first "real time ATB" since everyone can act simultaneously instead of one animation at a time), and with the ability to walk around, giving tactical benefit to placement.

>common tropes
Crystals are a big part of the plot.
Big bad empire-type antagonistic force in the beginning takes a backseat as the otherworldly evil becomes more prevalent as the story goes on.
Main character(s) has some personal turmoils that may relate to the matters at hand and go through a period of redemption/realization.
One of the party members is a VIP - usually a princess or someone with a special power - and their mission is the reason the party goes globe-trotting to stop the big bad.
Chocobos, airships, a person named Cid who has something to do with machinery and airships, active battle party of 3-4, cast has some thematically suggested roles but they're all quite flexible.

>storyline tonally different
12 is very much like Final Fantasy 2 and Final Fantasy 6.
>>
File: 1441697331713.jpg (26 KB, 613x398) Image search: [Google]
1441697331713.jpg
26 KB, 613x398
>>334289796

Very keksy indeed.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.