[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can a financially desperate company not take the hint? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: infographic.jpg (3 MB, 900x5018) Image search: [Google]
infographic.jpg
3 MB, 900x5018
How can a financially desperate company not take the hint? Why hasn't Blizzard just absorbed the team and monetized it? That's quite similar to what Valve did with the Dota 2 developers. How can Blizzard pass upon another opportunity like this? If their movie and expansion fails, then I would imagine them going bankrupt before launching legacy servers.

Just how dense is Blizzard?
>>
150.000 active accounts - this has been defined as the average amount unique account logins over a period of 10 days.

15.000 unique account logins a day.
450.000 unique account logins per month.

That could inaccurately be extrapolated to 6.750.000$ a month, if accounts had a 15$ subscribtion fee.

This would allow the 'core' team to have a salary of 225.000$ monthly, if the server did not have upkeep.

I cannot possibly imagine this to not be a financially positive venture for Blizzard, and once again, they fold.
Would they rather eat their own shoe than admit that perhaps they need to look back?
Amongst chefs and cuisine, the inability to take criticism will be the end of you. I am sad if Blizzard decides to take a stance against legacy servers, especially after this outcry.
Publicly, they are currently silent, and wishes no comment on the matter.

However, Blizzcon is right around the corner. If they dare to host a Q&A, then I hope they are prepared for what will inevitably await them; We don't think we want that, we KNOW we want that. And we'll keep shouting it until it gets through to them.
>>
Why would we want a server that's Paris, France?

They surrendered to the Nazis.

Should we surrender to Nazis?
>>
File: leofficeman.gif (498 KB, 400x192) Image search: [Google]
leofficeman.gif
498 KB, 400x192
>>334288262
Absolutely hilarious
>>
>>334288262
Yes you should unless you want jews and muslims up your ass
>>
>>334288262
>Should we surrender to Nazis?
If they neutralized the majority of your army and rolled towards your major population centers and seat of government, yes, because you have been defeated.
>>
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community
a shake and a drop away from 100k signatures
>>
Not nearly as dense as you are in body weight, OP.
>>
File: archimonde.jpg (9 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
archimonde.jpg
9 KB, 195x258
"Old skool" servers are a bad idea and I'll tell you why, primarily because they will split the community.

What's going to happen when you play Vanilla for a year and realize "wow this is getting really boring, sure could use some new content!-- They will be begging Blizzard to implement Kara and other newer raids. They will be begging Blizzard to add new abilities. It is NOT fair to allocate resources to appease 1% of the population.

Take a look at Runescape as a prime example.
The community pissed and moan and got what they wanted. Initially, Fagex said 07' only, no updates. But the 15k players pissed and moaned and now they get updates.

Vanilla servers are not the answer. Blizzard needs to incorporate feedback (hurr durr they dont). Blizzard needs to CONSOLIDATE servers instead of using stupid CRZ. Burning Blade PVP below a ceartin threshold? Instant xfer to another PVP server and throw away Burning Blade. Blizzard needs to stop pruning iconic abilities.

inb4 im a faggot
>>
>>334286909
>10 instances of Alterac Valley

Fuck. I wish I had tried Nos now.
>>
>>334290251
>they will split the community
already split the community but fucking the game in the ass repeatedly. Those who want an MMO without facebook garbage are gone from current expansions regardless of legacy servers
>>
>>334290251
THey dont devote any resources to their game as is, so who cares?
>>
>>334290380

Absolutely true.

Nos' numbers & accounts were based on a model with no subscription.

How many people would be willing to shell out $15 a month for a vanilla wow?

How
>>
>>334286909
>financially desperate company
Bruh. They are far from financially desperate.

A vanilla server would be nice, but Blizzard is bad at taking suggestions. Just look at how they let MOBAs slip through their hands.
>>
>>334290251
This is all conjecture. Look, I can do it too:

Guaranteed extra revenue for blizzard if they put up old school servers. After all, WoW has been losing subs for years now. Many of them, while having become disenchanted with the way WoW has progressed lately, would resub to the old school server for sure.

See? I speculate and it is fact!
>>
>at least half the players were in diapers when vanilla was relevant

Sounds about right
>>
>>334290669
I might actually get back into WoW if I could go vanilla.

Started with WotLK, never really got to enjoy earlier content to it's fullest.
Best I've done is a solo speed run of those old dungeons.
And holy shit, are they fucking awesome. Worlds better than the modern hallway to the boss shit.
>>
>f2p
>No statistic for what nationality the players were

Jeeze I wonder why huehueHUEHUE
>>
File: 1447212901651.jpg (70 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
1447212901651.jpg
70 KB, 426x640
>>334286909
>bawwwww why did they shut down this egregious breach of intellectual property
>I want stuff for freeeeeeeeeeeee
>bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>334293935
>That reading comprehension
>>
>>334293935
fuck you, i would pay a sub for this you piece of shit. why don't you kiss the asses of your corporate overlords a bit more.
>>
>>334290251
Demon guy has a point, how long after they give you a vanilla server will it take before the population starts demanding TBC?
>>
>>334293935
We're not complaining about Blizz shutting down nost, were discussing Official Legacy servers you moron.
>>
>>334290669

Yes, Nost was free. It was also illegal, buggy, with limited support staff, competing with other private servers and doomed to shut down. Official legacy servers could be much bigger than Nost.

If it's all about keeping people moving forward to the next thing, they might as well pull the plug on Diablo 2.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.