[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when will people realize that if the NX fails it still wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
So when will people realize that if the NX fails it still wouldn't be the end of Nintendo. There are literal autists who think Microsoft would go under if their NextBox was to fail. They fail to realize Sony is done if any future system fails, they only make hardware sales which is nowhere near the profit margin of software sales.
>>
Nintendo is fine, yes.

But higher ups at MS have been pushing to leave video games for years, and Sony in general is in bad shape these days.
>>
>>334285379
You're comparing massive corporations with multiple divisions and have hundreds of millions of dollars in profit each quarter to a small focused video game company.

If a Microsoft or Sony console fails, they have multiple divisions that can make up for the loss. If Nintendo's console fails, the whole company fails.
>>
>>334285379
Why is this bunny so cute?
>>
File: 1448900749832.jpg (483 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448900749832.jpg
483 KB, 1920x1080
>nintendrones
>>
Nintendo is fine because they're still profiting. They're arguably doing worse than ever, yet they're still profiting.

Xbox is questionable because, although Microsoft as a whole is more than profitable, they wouldn't hesitate to cut their Xbox brand if it became weak.

Playstation is the most worrisome because, unlike Microsoft, Sony as a whole is in trouble. Their Playstation brand is heavily reliant on a strong market because they make few games themselves, and their consoles traditionally sell at a loss. If video games don't stay mainstream, Playstation has no way of surviving.

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, so whatever.
>>
>>334285768
Nigga Sony is being kept afloat by their vidya division. Their movie division is going to shit with the new Ghostbusters and a fucking emoji movie. They were run out of the phone division by Samsung, and they had to stop making laptops because they were losing money on them. It's only a matter of time before their camera division gets overrun by Samsung and their tv division will probably see the same fate. Samsung is becoming the new Sony and only ponies will fail to see that
>>
>>334285731
Sony is only living because of the PS brand.

TV division is dying
Selling off the PC division
Music is dead
Movies is ok. I mean they were able to strike a deal with Disney to keep making Spiderman movies
>>
>>334286241
>Nigga Sony is being kept afloat by their vidya division.

Hey genius, Sony is a massive conglomerate with fingers in every aspect of the Japanese economy. They make components for other phones and computers. Just because it doesn't have the Sony brand on it doesn't mean it doesn't have Sony parts. Your cell phone probably has Sony components.
>>
>>334286250

Amazing, really. The e-mail hack should have killed them. They're still on borrowed time, I wager.
>>
>>334286468
I wonder how fast they'll drop support for project morpheus when they see no one is buying VR exclusive games
>>
File: 1429595851743.png (46 KB, 646x195) Image search: [Google]
1429595851743.png
46 KB, 646x195
Nintendo may not be done, but it'll be a long ass time of me whining about hoping the next home console solves all the problems I was cautiously hoping the NX would.
>>
>>334286716
whats wrong with the wii u? outside of third party support(which no one buys for nintendo consoles) and crappy online there really isnt anything too bad about it
>>
>>334286942
Region free
Some decent third part support
Wider variety of first party support
>>
>>334286942
Nothing its just overshadowed by its sales numbers. Even though it's 1st party tiles have sold exceptionally well for the install base people still want to act like it was the biggest flop of all time.

I lied the first year drought is what ultimately killed the system
>>
>>334287072
me personally i dont care for third party support on any console unless they're 3rd party exclusive but yeah region free and more variety is a must
>>
Nintendo made like $8 billion in profit on the Wii in like 2008 alone. Not counting every other year it made billions.

The total losses of the WiiU come to about $500 million.

And they made $1 billion from amiibo IN ONE MONTH in the us alone.

The wiiu is barely a fucking blip. The only damage it did is to their brand name. It did absolutely nothing financially to hurt them.
>>
>>334287087
i agree the first year was what pushed people away from the console. weird that console with 13 mill install base has better 1st/2nd party software sales and better attach rate then consoles with far bigger install bases
>>
>>334286241
>emoji movie
Wait, what?
>>
>>334287962
you hyped anon?
>>
>>334286241
Samsung video game console when.
>>
File: 1458096903061.png (162 KB, 284x346) Image search: [Google]
1458096903061.png
162 KB, 284x346
>>334285379
Of course Nintendo won't die if they fails with NX. They just will go full mobile or third party if shareholders don't see a good amount of money with NX
>>
>>334288160
What the fuck? Why? What is it even gonna be about?
>>
>>334289014
wreck it ralph but "relevant"
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.