[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using the Xbox One controller on PC wirelessly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Hey guys. I want to use the Xbox One controller on the PC wirelessly for the new Dark Souls.

I can buy a controller for just 45€ and I'm wondering if it will work with my basic bluetooth dongle that's lying around? Or am I forced to use Microsoft's bullshit overpriced wireless adapter? Connecting with a microUSB cable works just like that but I'd prefer wireless.

What are your controller setups?
>>
why dont you just fucking try it you mongoloid retard
or buy a cord thats longer than 2 feet
>>
You have to use the microsoft dongle
>>
File: 20160414_123009.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160414_123009.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Just get the dongle and some rechargeable batteries nigga.
>>
>>334279434
Because I'd rather not invest in a controller that won't work the way I want it to. I know a PS4 controller can be connected to any bluetooth device. I googled the XBO controller and every result was about the Microsoft adapter.
>>
>>334279359
Microsoft loves proprietary shit, so the dongle is obligatory.
>>
>>334279570
>>334279689
>>334279849
Ah shit... thanks for the replies guys. I'll start looking for a cheap adapter.
>>
>>334280034
Cheapest you'll find is either second hand on eBay or open box on best buy website
>>
>>334280034
The 360 receiver has some cheap Chinese copies, but i never found a cheap Xbox One receiver. Main reason i still use 360 controllers on my PC.
>>
>>334280034
I looked into it and ended up deciding to keep using the USB cable. No batteries, no indulging Microsoft jewry, not even a problem since I sit at my battlestation anyway and wireless wouldn't make much of a difference.
>>
>>334279689
>The size of that dongle

Is it fucking 2004 again?
>>
>>334280746
>>334280606
>>334280549
I'm starting to think the USB cable is the better choice. 25€ for an adapter is fucking insane.

I do have a PS4 controller lying around (I don't have a PS4 though) and I know that connects wirelessly without too much of a hassle. Should I just download an emulator and use that? The button icons ingame will of course be different but are there any issues etc.?
>>
>>334280929
Indeed, Microsoft seems to really like the xboxhueg meme.
>>
>>334281239
I haven't looked into using a PS4 controller. The tool for PS3 controllers (motioninjoy) was a Chinese spyware infested piece of shit. I bought an xbone controller to play PS2 emulations and, so far, it just werks (Windows 10, not downloaded any drivers). Including vibration, which I wasn't expecting.
>>
>>334280034

Or just buy a Steam controller for less money, dongle included, with better tech (haptic pad, saved profiles in the Steam cloud, way more customization on every button).

The only time you'd ever need an xbox controller is for twin stick shooters.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.