[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 PvP is completely unbalanced right now. What the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 91
File: PvP.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PvP.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
Dark Souls 3 PvP is completely unbalanced right now. What the fuck was From thinking

>Prioritized invading with summons already
>Constant 3v1 / 4v1
>People PURPOSELY staying near their bonfire just to kill invaders
>Will literally waste hours just to not budge, even the phantoms who seemingly have nothing else better.

Seriously, why the fuck is this allowed?

>You're invading their world. Their world, their rules.

I understand that if you're invading someone's world, you're at a disadvantage. Less Estus, less health because they're embered, etc. But come on prioritizing hosts with phantoms is stupid. If From can at least prioritize invading with a host and 1 phantom on board that would be borderline acceptable. But saying 4v1 is OK? That's just fucking silly.

>It's like breaking into someone's house and they have shotguns, you don't
Fuck you, this is a video game, stop comparing apples and oranges.

>maybe you need to get git gud
Oroboro even has trouble fending off the phantoms. Half the reason why he wins his battles is because either the phantoms and host sucks donkey dick or gets help from other invaders, Farron dogs, or mad phantoms. The only people applauding this change are the ones who sucks fighting off invaders. If you really need help from a summon to fend off invaders, either it is YOU who either needs to git gud or get the fuck out.
>>
If you can't handle the heat get out of the fucking fire.
>>
>>334277050
My only complaint is that whenever I invade anyone they don't have any animations so I have no idea when they're attack/blocking/rolling etc.
>>
>>334277050

Lel dickwraiths getting BTFO
>>
>>334277321
Spotted the person who hasn't tried invading yet.
>>
What's the maximum I can reinforce without being put out of the default bracket, +2?
>>
>Blue Sentinel
>Get pulled into host world
>Get in, run around for 5 seconds then get sent back because invader was killed

This has happened to me at least 4 times now
>>
Ganking faggots please leave.
>>
>>334277456
Spotted the dumb faggot who sucks too much dick to git gud.
>>
File: 1456102612280.jpg (93 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1456102612280.jpg
93 KB, 620x670
>>334277050
>playing Souls games for the PvP
>>
>>334277050
Git gud faggot. The invaders I've had so far are the most cowardly, no-fun-allowed faglords I've ever dealt with in the series. You can hide behind enemies, you have estus again, and you can git fucking good. You have all you need to win.
>>
>>334277629
PvP so bad even blue sentinels are getting buttfucked indirectly.
>>
>>334277050
It's simple - Go moundmakers covenant, throw down your summon sign, slip on your white ring, and wait.

Moundmakers is the better pvp covenant at the moment just because every phantom is a potential target, not to mention using the summoning sign lets you help fight enemies if you want, maybe betraying later.
>>
>>334277636
There's quite a difference between being at a disadvantage as an invader fighting a possible cooperator, and fighting up to 4 separate people. You're supposed to be at a disadvantage as an invader, not have a near implausible task.
>>
>>334277050
>Oroboro
Stopped reading right there.
>>
Why does FROM even bother with allowing people to invade when they stack the deck so far in the hosts favour. Its pointless

Invadings such a cool concept but babies gunna baby I guess
>>
They should really let invaders summon purples
>>
>>334277050
>this thread again
>>
>>334277050
> Oroboro even has trouble fending off the phantoms
That's because he's always been terrible at the game.
Also, stopped reading right there.
>>
>>334277815
You read most of the main points then, idiot.
>>
>Blue Sentinel helping out host + phantom in the town under highwall
>Red Spirit summons a friend to help
>We kill the friend
>Red Spirit fucking legs it behind enemies
>Summons another
>Kill it again
>Red Spirit fucking runs again
>Summons ANOTHER
>Kill it
>Spirit runs away again

I just separation crystal'd and went back, such a bullshit waste of my time. And you wonder why people stack against you.
>>
File: NEVER SHOULD OF COME HERE.jpg (13 KB, 214x235) Image search: [Google]
NEVER SHOULD OF COME HERE.jpg
13 KB, 214x235
>tfw the git gud faggots have been btfo and now it's they who need to git gud
>>
I remember demons souls. The only advantage host had was more health.
>>
Is the 960 still incapable of DX12?
Should I even care if I'm not going to get Win10 at all if possible? Is DX12 gonna be on the older versions?
Should I go with Radeon instead? I fear Nvidia's jewish tactics fucking up performance for Radeon cards.
But my GPU is dead and I really want to play this shit.
>>
>>334277942
See
>>334277971
>>
>>334277781
Your summon sign is a bright neon purple, no one is going to fall for that shit. The only fair thing to the mound makers would be if summon sign was white.
>>
>>334277801
There is a diffrence between dumb noobs who are to stupid to find a way to take on thier targets, regardless of how many you are up against.

The game has changed. No longer can you waltz into a world and engage in 'muh gentlemanly duel' like you used to, but if you hadn't figured that out you're fucking hopless.
>>
>>334278064
Of course I did, because I wanted to discuss your ideas.
But then I noticed how you don't know a single thing about PvP if you think that hobo is good at any Souls game.

Get fucked kid.
>>
>>334277781
People have caught on already and are intentionally gank squad summoning the purples, so the only thing that changes is you don't get help from mobs
>>
>>334278186
Except right now is the prime time to do that. Lots of first timers on this game don't know what a purple summon sign might mean. Also, even if they do know and have other summons to gank me, the white ring will help confuse the host/helpers while I aggro enemies to help me.
>>
>>334277050
Hosts have the advantage of phantoms, you have the advantage of mobs. Some mobs are absolutely ridiculous in dS3.

>WAAAAH BUT THEY CAN USE A GIANT SEED
So have fun with it. Draw every major mob you can and lead them to the host.

>WAAAH BUT THEY'RE JUST WAITING AT THE BONFIRE
so heckle them with arrows and Black Crystal out if they're seriously intent and staying put
>>
>>334277801
Go use the hornet's ring then most hosts will always jump in because sitting there is boring and if you aren't a shitter you just need to flip around until he swings and parry him then laugh as he dies and the three fuckbois are forced to watch.
>>
>>334277050
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334278331
>you don't get help from mobs
except you do - just aggro them and lead them to the gank squad. I usually only have to kill one phantom or the host to be successful, and that's not hard after bringing mobs to help
>>
Any sunbros that invaded into a world with another invader already present? Apparently the Sunlight covenant prioritizes those worlds, but I have yet to experience this.
>>
>>334277050
>I should be allowed to ruin other people's fun.
>WAIT. WHY ARE THEY RUINING MY FUN. ABLOOBLOOBLOO.

Fuck off, retard.
>>
File: DDD.png (107 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
DDD.png
107 KB, 557x605
>tfw used dried finger and summoned 2 bros, 2 invaders invade
>turns into 3v2 plus the mobs that the invaders manage to pull in
Truly the most fun i've had in souls pvp besides fight clubs, just a clusterfuck of enemy invaders and phantoms and mobs
Souls games were meant to be played with dried fingers always on
>>
git
gud
>>
>>334277050
Is someone having invisible invaders problems?
I have been invaded three times and two of them the invader was invisible, i could lock on him but couldnt see anything else
Is it a problem on my side?
>>
File: 1454361716210s.jpg (14 KB, 160x145) Image search: [Google]
1454361716210s.jpg
14 KB, 160x145
>>334278048
>>334278048
>>334278048
>>334278048
yo niggaz reply
>>
>>334278037
and white phantoms?
>>
>>334278667
You're in the wrong thread, fuck off
>>
>>334278284
your in an idiot. the environment offers little help to invaders. Iv never died to a red phantom yet, (players), Every time a player invades me its with a phantom, always ALWAYS gets his shit rekt, even hiding behind enemies, engaging when were clearing mobs. Its too easy lmao
>>
File: 1453778756320.jpg (31 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
1453778756320.jpg
31 KB, 628x676
>>334278785
no I'm not it's relevant to the thread as it directly pertains to DS3 and me wanting to play it
just answer me, Anon, don't be cross, that won't do
>>
>>334278534
How are you having fun with a bunch of phantoms doing all your work?
>>
>>334278913
dont base your new GPU on dark souls 3, the game is dogshit
>>
>>334278845
The entire game is laughably easy
Half the time I can just summon phantoms, sit back and let them do the work

I feel like a plantation owner
>>
Get cucked.
>>
Thank god the Souls PvP meme can die and end with DaS3. Maybe you PvPfagz will go play a real comp game like CS unless you are too shit of course?
>>
>>334278523
I've never had this work. It's always a 3v1 shitfest. Or 4v1 once the inevitable smurf joins in a minute after I do.
>>
>>334277709
you cant git gud 4v1
>>
>>334277050
You say you get it but you really goddamn don't. It IS a videogame and one where any competitive element interrupts PvE. Some of us want to read messages without your stupid ass showing up to bow and fight. Fuck you, cockhead. I love the changes. You want a fair fight? Wait to get invaded and 1 on 1 them.

You aren't required to invade and nobody asks to get invaded. You are choosing to try your skill against home field advantage. Can't handle 4 on 1? Don't invade. Go back to DaS2 or something.

You get zero sympathy from me. You are literally saying the person you actively want to kill should handicap themselves to let you do it. The fuck logic is that? You want to kill me and 3 bros say they got my back? You better believe I'm gonna let them.

Fuck your honor. Be honorable and don't try to kill people you pussy. Fuck fair. Fair is defending yourself by any means available.
>>
>>334279094
But also Mankind Divided, new Tomb Raider and other are coming out. And I have yet to play Witcher 3.
And I'm getting quite bored with my laptop that can't properly handle Pillars of Eternity.
>>
>>334277050
Game is casual as fuck now. Stuck on a boss? Lmao just summon an army and get that dorritos bag. Invaded? Lmao you likely already have an army and if you don't, just summon one.
>>
I'm having fun though. It's more of a challenge and using an UGS lets me hit the whole squad at one.
>>
The only lame shit is when the host has 2 phantoms and they still just sit at the bonfire expecting you to come down.

How is that fun for anybody?
>>
>>334279253
guess you aren't gud enuf
>>
>>334279263
>wahhhh I need messages to tell me where to go next
>waahhh I need 4 summons to take out these torch hollows

Just end yourself
>>
>>334277050
>>334277456
git gud faggot.
>>
>>334277859
Because they want the money of those who invade.
>>
>>334279263
Pretty good bait, not gonna lie.
>>
File: 324t.png (2 MB, 1280x963) Image search: [Google]
324t.png
2 MB, 1280x963
>>334279263
I guess it was a good thing I refunded the game.
>>
>>334278186
I just turned in 30 Vertabrae Shackles and I have just reached Road of Sacrifices. You get a not-Chikage called "Bloodlust" (Katana with build-in suduko move for maximum edginess) and a Pyromancy I can't use. All with the name "Mad Phantom Trusty Patches"

Some people summon Grapes because they don't know any better (it does feel REALLY bad when you backstab someone who obviously doesn't know your hostile). Others want to gank you, others are desperate and will summon anyone, I got heaps of summons by placing my sign on the bridge with a Evangekigiist and two pot guys). Others just like the chaos.

Mound Makers is easily best covenant in the series, you can get involved in all sorts of crazy fights. I switch sides to whoever has the upper hand, or I just spin2win my Halbard through the host, a Yellow, a red and another purple and see what happens.

The only problem is they can't enter boss fights which means that the betrayal is always inevitable. From should have made it so MM can pass the fog door, but after doing so friendly fire is turned off. That way hosts would be on-edge the whole area not knowing if they were going to get backstabbed but still had incentive to keep the purple with them.
>>
File: present_a_rebuttal.jpg (137 KB, 399x477) Image search: [Google]
present_a_rebuttal.jpg
137 KB, 399x477
>>334277050
>"Gawd! Beina tool to othah players right now is sew hawd!"
>>
>>334279528
the only one upset here is you

I love watching my boys ruthlessly dispatch every invader that comes our way
>>
just wait for the usual shitty unbeatable meta to come around and think characters like you always do, stand in a difficult PCs zone and spam r1 then tell everyone else to gif gud
>>
Thread is full of normalfags that summon phantoms to carry themselves through the game. You guys are cheating yourselves out of an experience if you summon on your first playthrough.
>>
>Online is dead day one
>Wait for the game to go on sale

thank you based fromsoft
>>
File: 1423796437061.gif (2 MB, 335x258) Image search: [Google]
1423796437061.gif
2 MB, 335x258
>invade faggot's world
>faggot has a faggot white phantom friend
>battle both faggots at the same time
>lure them into area mobs
>kill them while they're distracted with the mobs
>Wave emote over their corpses

I've done this three times already. Maybe you do need to git gud
>>
> the moment of terror in a host when he realises he can't Banish Mound Makers with the crystal.

Guy tried 3 times before reluctantly attacking me and he did not last long.
>>
>>334277992
>red summons help
?????
>>
>>334279263
This

DaS3 is the release with the most invaderfag tears by far.

>c-casul! make ursefl vulnerable so i can kill u and shout GITGUT

Way more annoying than casuals. Cry more.
>>
>Got about thirty succesful invasions so far
>Not a single one with a host 'ganking' at bonfire

Where the fuck are you invading, the very first starting areas? Come on.
>>
>>334279273
since you don't want to buy radeon and seeing the games you want to play, GTX 970 it is, if you want to play most games at 1080p 60fps
>>
>luk infused pickaxe with leo ring, full hollow.
>weapon art
>instant 2 shot if they swing.
I've had hosts alt f4 because I destroyed a phantom.
>>
>>334280149
I just invade at Road of Sacrifices no because at least I can hold off until another watchdog shows up.
>>
>>334280118
source?
>>
>>334278610
been invaded by a guy with no animation once, but never invisible.
Jesus pose greatsword floater was entertaining at least.
>>
File: 1453143309179.jpg (61 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1453143309179.jpg
61 KB, 479x492
>crying about fairness when the invaded person isn't ready for invaders most of the time, just wants to progress and gets baited into tanking AI enemies aswell.

Just take your "cookiecutter one person annoyer build" and take it up your ass darkwraith
>>
>>334280149
Yeah the "only ever get ganksquads" is overblown. Game came out a few days ago, online is overflowing with people especially the first 3 areas.

Watch how quick summon signs appear and disapear, it's crazy.

Once it settles down 1v1 invasions will be more common because there won't be 1000s of multi person games clogging up the priority.
>>
File: 807982.1459132508.jpg (477 KB, 1170x702) Image search: [Google]
807982.1459132508.jpg
477 KB, 1170x702
>>334279780
>my boys
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 866x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 866x1300
Why do I get the feeling that people who complain about the pvp are pcuck memesters just looking for epic pvp moments for their sick montages?
>>
>Just invade as a friendly red
>Wave my torch around
>Show secret locations/items/bonfires
>Black crystal out once the host is finished

And I still 'win' 90% of the time because the hosts die to mobs solo, heh heh.
>>
>>334277050
>thinking Ororoborortobobo is some kind of PvP god when he struggles against anyone remotely competent because then he can't just brainlessly spam R1 to win
>>
> Gankers get ganked.

> Cry about it on 4chan.
>>
>>334277050
If you want a fair 1v1, play a fighting game.
>>
File: 1460488271836.jpg (66 KB, 490x600) Image search: [Google]
1460488271836.jpg
66 KB, 490x600
>>334277050
I don't care about the stacked odds, or the fact that invaders get fucked and only get 2 estus. What I do care about, is the fucking ridiculous phantom range all these mother fuckers get. That's it - if that wasn't there these faggots would stop being an issue because I wouldn't have to waste half an hour constantly rolling trying to avoid their mile long R1 spam. Kicking takes too damn long too, it's easier to just run these fags down and wail on them with an offhand spear.
>you can parry kicks
Literally what the fuck.

Though the on the other hand the good news is is all these people are so used to getting away with spamming r1 like retards that they never see the ol' 1-2 parry coming.
>>
>>334279263
Invading always has been part of the game. Its casual pandering again.
>>
Host has always had the advantage of summoning phantoms. They just happen to be there once you invade instead of being there a few minutes later as the host frantically runs for summon signs.

I don't see the problem here.
>>
File: 1388860961754.jpg (43 KB, 255x233) Image search: [Google]
1388860961754.jpg
43 KB, 255x233
The reason From has fucked over invaders in both ds2 and ds3, is because they realized that at its heart, invading is a bad idea. From wants people to enjoy playing the game. They are fine with people summoning phantoms for every boss, because if they enjoy the game more, they are less likely to return it or stop playing it altogether.

Being invaded often feels like a very personal experience. Someone else is coming into YOUR game and trying to fuck you up. Players definitely resent this and in turn can cause them to resent the game itself.

Dark Souls was never meant to be a game where swarms of invaders constantly descended upon players and always fucked them up. This is why From gave up on trying to make "fair" invasions and just favored the invadees instead of the invaders.
>>
I for one do not invade but grateful that someone else do. Fighting a dark phantom hiding behind mobs as a sunbro is intense and fun as fuck
>>
>>334279897
Its my first souls game, its hard not to be tempted but I know I'll never git gud if I summon. I'm pretty sure people summoning will be bragging how they beat the game.
>>
>>334277050
>he hasn't figured out he has to use battle spirit with stamina drain to cheese
>>
4 vs 1 is fine

These day 1 people see you as little more than someone busting into their game with the intent to waste their time and they've "Gotten good" as you'd probably put it

Play dirtier
>>
>>334277050
Bros, what is the best greatsword i can get? Its the claymore or notartoriasgreatsword?
>>
File: 1439794840823.jpg (85 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1439794840823.jpg
85 KB, 800x800
Honestly, the ganksquad wouldn't be as much of a problem if healing wasn't so quick and easy to do now. Unless you're fighting someone completely braindead who can't dodge lloyd talismans, it's way too easy to get 1-2 rolls away (which, everyone can roll 10 times even with a whopping 5 endurance) and heal back up to full within one or two seconds, especially when you have a few summons harassing the invader while you do. In the previous games, it was much easier to take out the host even in a crowd of summons, as it was actually possible to punish healing. Bloodborne countered the fast healing by allowing you to "parry" someone healing, but that wasn't really addressed in this game.
>>
>>334277050
The black crystal exists
>>
I've been invaded plenty by reds while solo, you've all gone down like your mother taught you
>>
File: 1432735205310.jpg (86 KB, 633x738) Image search: [Google]
1432735205310.jpg
86 KB, 633x738
WILDCARDS WW@

What do you other purps generally do? Are you using signs or orbs? Rules of engagement?

I'm generally playing friendly and chilling with the host and his phantoms, sometimes I'll sneak in a betrayal kill if things go south and I almost always team up with any reds just to help them out. Always great when you're with a host for a good while and then just flip the switch and watch them panic.

Best covenant all time.
>>
>>334281306

And even then they hand invaders an infinite Red Eye orb barely a fifth into the game.

Basically you can invade whenever you want now, but the trade off is that you will have to use the environment to your advantage. If the hosts are just gankers or waste your time, you take your ball to another world, after all you have infinite tries.

It's mostly fair. If you need tongues so much you can farm darkwraiths or go to the Forest or Settlement where you crossover into other phantom territory.
>>
>>334277050
I love how every single one of these threads is basically just "WAAAAH! I CAN'T RUIN SOMEONE'S GAME! WAAAAAAAAH!"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
I agree with you opee I can't believe this gank squad shit that dark souls has become. Look at this jackass I invaded, he and his two fuckbuddies were literally waiting for me too.
>>
>PvP in a souls game
What did you faggots expect? Its literally never been good even since DeS it's been shit.
>>
>>334282056
Simply eric
>>
>>334277050
What the fuck are you crying about faggot? Just put on your roll rings like every other invadenigger, spam it non-stop and hide near mobs. You'll kill 90% of retards unless you yourself are one.
>>
File: no skill twink action1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
no skill twink action1.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>334280149
>not invading the very first area
>>
>>334282215
Source on this anon? Or more or something?
>>
>>334282663
Just an instagram slut i found
>>
Oro wasn't really good. Take it from the master.
>>
I've had few invasions with nothing but host and me around level 40. Some of the best Souls pvp I've had.
>>
>invading another persons world
>expects 1vs1 knigthly PVP
What is wrong with you faggots?
>>
>>334282172
kek
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 163x256) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 163x256
>invader shitters complaining about 3v1's
>pve shitters telling everyone to gitgud
>tfw your inventory is full of tongues
>>
Only just started but PvE-wise the game seems like a big step up from DaS2. Maybe a bit too close to DaS1 but eh.
>>
WHY DOES BLUE SENTINELS NOT WORK FOR ME? I'VE HAD THIS FUCKING THING EQUIPPED SINCE I GOT IT AND NOTHING.
>>
>>334282490
they got fucked up
>>
>>334280118
tomorrow is a school day, you should go to bed
>>
>>334277050
>Oroboro even has trouble fending off the phantoms
I don't think he does. Maybe you just suck dicks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XiKIQ9Ow9w
>>
>>334277992
>red spirit summons a friend
Explain.
>>
File: sadness.jpg (27 KB, 399x392) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
27 KB, 399x392
>>334277050
Not to mention the game basically forces invadors to hide and fight with the mobs because it's always an uneven fight.
That or they just run around for ten minutes, it's fucking unfun for both sides.
>>
Grape covenant is the shit. It's like making a game mechanic specifically for shit that would happen in the older titles sometimes
>DaS, invade Anor Londo as dickwraith
>dark Anor Londo
>dude has 2 summons with him
>kite them around for a while until a Darkmoon invades
>team up with the blue in a tense truce and kill the host
I'm so fucking glad that shit can happen more often now
>>
>>334283062
I did this yesterday outside of Abyss Watchers. The guy and his phantoms were all waiting in front of the door, and all bowed in turn. All the phantoms 1v1'd me in turn, and I killed each in turn. Then I fought the host, and lost with him at a sliver of HP by kicking when I meant to attack.

If you're out there, thank you for the fight. It was an honour and a pleasure.
>>
File: 1336922903517.gif (2 MB, 173x200) Image search: [Google]
1336922903517.gif
2 MB, 173x200
>they're in 3 people
>still won't come and face me alongside enemies

then again, what else should I expect from pussies summoning 2 summons to do an area or boss?
>>
File: 1438758397661.png (90 KB, 203x247) Image search: [Google]
1438758397661.png
90 KB, 203x247
>Tfw unlocked the second waifu firekeeper

HAHAHAHA
I DID IT

I FINALLY HAVE
>>
>>334283683
what? are you saying that grapes can invade? I thought they could only be summoned
>>
File: 2.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
447 KB, 1920x1080
WolfBros WW@?

Remember if you go in the small passage under the stairs, there's a cross-bearer enemy and an assassin undead, perfect if they follow you in.
>>
>>334280094
>>334283560

If host is using a dried finger, he can have an extra friendly, but there is a chance for a 2nd red phantom to show up. First phantom didn't summon a friend, just a second invader showed up on his own.
>>
>>334283882
Grapes can be summoned or they can invade with the red eye. Only difference is that by invading you won't be hostile to mobs
>>
>>334283902
>Arstors Spear
My nigga
>>
>>334283971
ok, but what difference does it make from just regular invading?

I mean, I'd totally truce with another invader to fuck the host, but why wouldn't I just invade in red and not have friendly fire with the other invader?
>>
THE GUILTY PAY THE PRICE
>>
>muh honorable pvp

fuck off you retards, 90% of the games you are invading are people who are just trying to finish the game, not pvp

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CANT GANK SOMEONE WHO DOESNT WANT TO PVP WAHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>334284102
Reds will still hurt other invaders, anon, there's no invader friendly fire

Difference is that you're still grape and get grape covenant advancement items for any phantom or host you kill, regardless of color (up to a limited number per invasion I think)
>>
>>334277419
this must be patched.. god damn it.
cant deal with grapes because of it. and i am a parry faggot
>>
>>334281803
This, it just becomes
>run from the host and invaders while they tail you
>turn around and slap them a few times then desperately try rolling out of the blender
>repeat step 1 and 2 a few times
>they back off for free heals, you heal when you can
>they end up outlasting you since they have more estus
At least that's how its been for early game invasions so far.
>>
Its a invasion not a duel

You invaded someone they do anything it takes to defend there world this is fair as you are the one who wanted to PvP not the HoE

If you want a fair PvP match duel
>>
>>334284172
They're trying to finish the game like bitches by going ember and summoning helper, you mean.
>>
oh boy lets try some pvp at the dilapidated bridge
>crack a REO near the bonfire
>3 man gank squad with armor and weapons i hadnt even seen yet kill me before I'm finished spawning in
>do poses i've never seen before, the disrespectful kind
>try again
>repeat from step 2, same group of people
>try again, getting annoyed now
>different host, run up to find him with two phantoms
>kill each phantom with the help of some mobs while the host ran away and healed
>I heal, phantoms got a few good hits on me
>chase down host and kill him just as the cops arrive

Am I a scumbag for healing in a 3v1? Sometimes I summon invaders/mad phantoms and 1v1 but don't heal, but if I'm invading is it dishonorable to heal, especially if its a 3v1?
>>
>>334284172
kill yourself you pathetic shit sucking idiot
>>
>>334281971
>rules of engagement
If I need 1 phantom kill, I just go after a phantom. I don't care about the host unless he's being a prick. If a blue shows up, I usually focus the blue since he's disposable. Have had a number of times where the host and his summon didn't even bother me.
If I need 2 phantoms, same as above though I might be more likely to go after the host.
If I need 3 phantoms, sorry host you gotta die I ain't got no time for that.
>>
>>334284286
its a single player game, not a coop one
if you want to play coop go play a different game
>>
>>334284172
Look at this absolute retard thinking that invasions aren't a part of the game
>>
>>334284350
If it's 3v1 and they go all in, anything is justified as a response, no matter how scummy or cheap.
>>
>>334284286
Return Reddit Retard
>>
I've been invading nonstop in Undead Settlement for the last hour. Every single time it's been at LEAST 2v1, but the majority it's 3 and 4v1.

2v1 is a good challenge but doable. Any more than that is nigh unwinnable. I get fucked every single time. Maybe I'll try invading in other places and have better luck.

Anyway, I'm not autistic enough to go into a foaming at the mouth rage over it. It's still fun to fight against overwhelming odds even if you lose. I just like the fact that everybody is scared of me as soon as I invade.
>>
>>334284358

delicious tears
>>
Damn assholes fooled into a fight club and then he chugged Estus. Lame.

But it is fun playing in full Smough at Anor Londo.
>>
>>334284453
Unless its a duel the only goal is to win there are no rules that should be followed

Also the reason they have the password match making system for co op so while its single player Co Op is also a part of it
>>
>>334281971
Every grape I summon just goes on the offensive immediately. Only time that didn't happen was when I summoned a second one, then they fought each other. The victor still wanted to fight me after though.

Can't seem to convince folk I'm friendly as one either. They go right for me without even a wave. I try to show them stuff and they just attack me. only time I've even turned on a host was when the dumb nigger attacked Cage-bro as I tried to show him the way to join MM.
>>
>>334277050
I never summon, so if you invade me it would be a 1 on 1. Happy now?
>>
Is there a covenant specifically for dueling? How about arenas?
>>
Do you get anything if a message you leave goes gold from all the like and subscribes?

Also, I heard somebody say there is an estus shard in the tower behind firelink. Is that true? All I found was the fire keeper set, soul and estus ring.
>>
>>334277050
My friend and I summon each other and no one else for the game. We just sort of made a rule to where if we get invaded by a non-npc then we just 1v1 them. However if they chug Sunny-D then we just both go after them to get the shit over and done with rather then draw the shit out.
>>
>>334284350
>Am I a scumbag for healing in a 3v1?

Unless its a duel the only goal is to win

There are no rules in random invasions
>>
>>334284527
>actually spewing buzzwords
>>
>>334284842
You get notice if someone likes your message
>>
>>334283283

Because everyone else is in other covenants.

Having two covenants rely on eachother is shit because it essentially splits up an already small group of people. I would have hoped they had learnt and just fused them together so you could be both rescued and rescue others.
>>
>>334284871
This happened sometimes when belfry invasions in DaS2 turned into fight clubs. Grey phantoms would gather around the host and the one they were fighting first and not interrupt. But if the host chugs, they all chimp out on his ass

Then again, that's only if you wanna bother having a fair fight. You don't have to and won't be a dick if you just gank on an invader unless if you summoned them via sign in the first place
>>
>>334284842

Not sure about the shard but I now there's a Silver Covetous Serpent Ring
>>
>>334277050
You're just a scrub. I win 90% of all my invasions regardless of how many I'm against.
>>
>>334280345
How the fuck do you not know
>>
>>334285112
Teach me!
>>
>all these faggots wearing full fallen knight set with a katana
>>
>>334285075
Oh shit thanks!
>>
I thought the whole idea behind humanity/whatever this new thing is called is it comes with advantages and disadvantages. In dark souls 1 you gained various stat buffs, increased drop rates, and you could summon phantoms. But the trade off was your would would have an increased level of danger from red phantom invasions. There were even NPC invasions to add to this.

Now however it just seems the whole effect is cheapened by being virtually invincible since the game will do all it can to protect the person being invaded.
>>
>>334285431

Guilty as charged.

Think about it anon, that point in the game is the teenage part of Dark Souls. It's only natural to follow the edgy trends.

Now I just run around in Cathedral Knight gear, bonking people with dual maces.
>>
File: 1430376490652.jpg (132 KB, 652x573) Image search: [Google]
1430376490652.jpg
132 KB, 652x573
>the days of Demon's Souls invasion brutality is over
>now invaderfags are crying because they never got gud and are getting their assholes destroyed

Miyazaki does it again.
>>
>>334278667
What is this face from I tried google and it just found monochrome photography
>>
>>334285756
It's pottery.
>>
>>334285679

Perhaps, but they can still bite the dust against the boss. After all, the people who use summons, rely on summons, and that means they're shit at the game and get killed with and without them.

In terms of invading for fun there's no reason to not just be a grapebro, and for the sake of covenant items, getting 30 tongues won't take that long over the span of a playthrough.

I only want 10 tongues for the Rat Ring and i'm getting there, the key is to go to the places that already have co-op and shank the host in the ensuing chaos.
>>
>>334285680
two of my friends are wearing it even, complete with uchi

I'm just going default knight set. It looks so nice.
>>
>>334285336
I just have a natural born talent to shit on people, I don't know what else to say.
>>
But can someone explain to me how I was invaded by three purples at the same time? I didn't have any summons and apparently I haven't even sinned. It was okay when it was just 1v1 but then two other guys literally showed up out of no where.
>>
>>334285336
Don't get hit and hit the enemy until it dies.

There, easy.
>>
File: 11.png (57 KB, 254x287) Image search: [Google]
11.png
57 KB, 254x287
I've actually never witnessed an invader this butthurt before that they needed a discussion.
>>
>>334285336
Will Doctor Strange be the first Cape movie in a long time to not produce memes?
>>
>>334284842
Where is the tower behind Firelink? I bought the key but can't find where to use it.
>>
>>334280072
This desu. Thta narrow place near rosaria is perfect just wait for them there and when they fight a mob run in and catch them offguard
>>
File: Lmaoniggers.gif (753 KB, 200x86) Image search: [Google]
Lmaoniggers.gif
753 KB, 200x86
Can't wait to cheat engine my way to victory and show those phantomfags a thing or two :^)
>>
>>334286129
It's going to produce a fuck ton of memes.
Deadpool was the one that used all the memes and didn't create anything new.
>>
>>334277050
That isn''t PVP moron, that's invading.

If you want PVP get summoned as a red or purple from this game's equivalent of the bridge.
>>
>>334286080
You're overleveled and your weapon is too powerful for the zone you're in.
>>
>>334286082
It's an actual problem, faggot. Go back to summoning phantoms so you can beat pinwheel 3.0.
>>
>>334277050
>Dark Souls 3 PvP is completely unbalanced

pvp in souls has never been balanced.

that said, i already killed 2 groups of invaders.

first invasion was me against a lagaporter and his white phantom, killed them both

second was me and a grape vs 2 guys, the grape died, i finished the two off

then i got raped by a guy and his yellow, but because i cornered myself

im having fun with the pvp so far.
>>
>>334277050
>ITT: Wow some kid is fucking mad when he invades players he gets stomped.
Go back to Dark Souls 1 peasant.
>>
>>334286249
What's the recommend level for the area right before Anor Londo? And I only had +6 weapons.
>>
File: 1459623011458.png (268 KB, 803x418) Image search: [Google]
1459623011458.png
268 KB, 803x418
>>334277050

MFW I can't run the game on my PC, but I just ordered a GTX 960 and an 8gb stick of ram to run it now.

If the invasions are really that imbalanced I'm gonna use cheat engine to kill all those invaders.

Can't wait.
>>
>>334286150

From is pretty good about detecting cheaters and softbanning them by making them only able to interact online with other people flagged as cheaters.
>>
>>334277050

Bitch you think me and my bro (I only ever have one phantom) are going to charge into a monster infested swamp just to get your dumb ass? Fuck that. You want to cower behind monsters, go right ahead. We'll be off exploring another part of the zone.

You invade my fucking world, you play by my fucking rules and hope to christ I don't have a giant seed on me.
>>
File: 154.gif (947 KB, 285x235) Image search: [Google]
154.gif
947 KB, 285x235
>>334286290
>waaaaaaaaaa I can't not invade gankers waaaaaaaaa
>let honorably 1v1 via invasion vs being summoned at popular pvp spots waaaaaaaaaa
You realize how dumb you sound when the initial purpose for invasion was to hinder all host progress and steal something important from them, right?

Go back to getting ganked faggot.
>>
File: 1459819482014.png (691 KB, 658x933) Image search: [Google]
1459819482014.png
691 KB, 658x933
First of all

>apples to oranges

That fucking saying is retarded. Why the fuck can't we compare fruits nigger.

Secondly every fucking time I get invaded, i get invaded by 3 people at once. and you mother fuckers, with those odds, STILL run behind the enemies, and have the fucking gull to emote when you, two other guys, and three black Knights kill me.

Maybe I should start summoning 3 people if that's the way you pussies are going to fight.
>>
I don't play the Souls series, and I don't care about the Souls series, nor Bloodborne, nor any of it really. But it seems to me that anything that buttflusters people who only play to gank other people is pretty good. Because OP sounds like an enormous faggot.
>>
>>334286494
>waaaa
Stopped reading there.
Shouldn't you be doing your school work?
>>
Does pyromancy get better later? Fireball/Fire Orb are the only decent ones I've encountered so far. I was excited when I saw combustion was built into the pyromancy flame but it's absolute garbage and great combustion is about as effective as regular combustion was in previous games.
>>
>>334277050
If you want balanced pvp go use red soapstone.
Invasions NEVER where balanced, in ds1 invaders mostly used all "dirty" tactics like staying behind monsters, plus unbalanced +15 chaos zwei, wraith of gods and all that twink bullshit. You never cared about balance
>>
>>334286821
I've found 5 Pyromancy tomes, and 2 scrolls so far, just explore the maps a bit more and you will.have a shit ton of spells.
>>
>>334277050
You got it backwards faggot.
Invading another world isn't PvP anymore.
Going AFK with three friends and intentionally waiting for you to join my world so four random dudes can fuck you in the ass is PvP.
You're going to get rekt everyday on this game.
>>
>wahh why aren't you playing by my made up 1v1 honor duel rule during an invasion
>>
>>334286806
You're probably not that far off the mark,
getting 3-way gangbanged everytime he tries to leave his world probably probably made him aware of his faggot tendencies.
>>
>>334286990
I like this WA meme. Post it again.
>>
File: Do it.jpg (23 KB, 600x332) Image search: [Google]
Do it.jpg
23 KB, 600x332
>>334286813
Keep getting raped, I hope you love your souls experience faggot.
>>
>>334286813

>stopped reading the truth of your being too shit to handle pleb squads

lmao
>>
Every invasion is pussy ass hosts and phantoms waitin around the bonfire, not Moving more than 20ft from the bonfire. Pussies everywhere. It's usually a 3v1 too, yes it's fucked alright.
>>
>>334287048

yeah

must be why you made this thread you casual
>>
>>334286996

You know what he actually sounds like to me? People who use armored Kurumas in GTA Online who bitch about people using Insurgents. "This thing I used to do that gave me maximum possible advantage is now countered very hard by something else, fuck this game".
>>
File: Look_a17967_5663217.jpg (39 KB, 584x436) Image search: [Google]
Look_a17967_5663217.jpg
39 KB, 584x436
>>334277050
>More salt then a Chinese restaurant
>>
Cry some more, faggot.
>>
File: 1454015346058.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454015346058.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>334286821
Pyromancy is the most powerful magic atm, it's fantastic for PVE. However, to use it in PVP requires the other player to be literally retarded, but when you can slam someone with a Sacred Flame or Chaos Fireball it's all worth it.
>>
File: 1458007344391.png (8 KB, 196x245) Image search: [Google]
1458007344391.png
8 KB, 196x245
>4v1

Damn, 2v1 is fun, 3v1 is a challenge but 4v1 seems a little crazy if you ask me. especially if they have a caster or two.
>>
>>334286821

Once you get Chaos Fireball, it feels like old times again as you roast niggas with impunity. Of course you have to wait for that.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case with most magic builds thus far - your best approach is to play with a generic melee build and collect merchants/spells up until you get the opportunity to respec.

THEN you can switch to a magic build tailored to your needs and based on the knowledge of what spells are currently available to you. The current system does not really support gradually improving magic builds and there's no incentive to because it's far better to play efficiently for the early game and then re-assign to the perfect stats later.

Magic in general feels very iffy, having more attunement slots gives you more choices for spells but your mana pool doesn't really support rigorous use of them all. You have Ash Estus for that but juggling two flasks is really not my idea of fun gameplay.

Basically magic is a late-game thing, early game is all about doing damage for free and having as much healing as possible.
>>
>>334287234

yep this is exactly the case
>>
File: 45.jpg (55 KB, 904x531) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
55 KB, 904x531
>>334287157
>he's bad
>>
File: 1402656751315.png (208 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1402656751315.png
208 KB, 327x316
>>334277050
>then
>PvP fags always say git gud to everything
>now
>they are getting cucked hard
How the tables have turned
>>
>>334287320
>4v1

oh shit that exists?

damn thats a little retarded
guess you've just gotta wait for another red
>>
>>334286821

Boulder heave is good. You need a boss soul to get it and it's got medium cast time and short range. But holy shit does it do damage. More than the fire orb. It also does poise damage out the ass. Like I was co-op with a bro and two boulders stunned a giant crystal lizard for a visceral attack.
>>
>>334287234
This.
They're just so irrevocably butthurt about all of it too, it's priceless.
>>
>>334277050
>get invaded for the first time
>guy has that frost sword I found earlier
>keeps flasking every time I land a hit on him
>kill him after using one flask whole fight
I thought the people invading were actually good at the game
>>
File: 1299167183798.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1299167183798.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
So I just killed hatty the hat wearing run away skeleton

how fucked am I?
>>
>>334287431

its pretty hilarious
>>
>>334284331
What does this even mean?
>They're playing the game the way I dont like WAAAHH
Shut the fuck up. The entire point of Ember is to summon, the hp you get is very small. Not to mention you dont lose anything when you fail an invasion, while the host does lose something if he dies.>muh honrabu PvP
It's called an invasion asshole, not 'oh shit let me stop what im doing and duel you'

git gud
>>
>>334287556

nah a lot of them are baddies like OP
>>
>>334287431
You just described the OP perfectly.
>>
>>334287454
Not my video but shit like this can happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWduuGCzYo4
>>
File: 1446690788231.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1446690788231.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>334277050
>Literal cyber bullies crying because they can't take a challenge in a game that's supposed to be the hardest ever.

I am crying from laughter right now.

Git gud kiddo.
>>
I dont understand. If they are 3v1 why not pull back and wait to gank them at certain spots? If they aren't going to "fight fair" and you truly wish to be the fag you are then why not just hide at a good spot to destroy the host when they least expect it? Pull a Vietnam.
>>
>>334277456
>literally barging into someone's game to kill them
>complains that it's too difficult

Okay then, don't invade if you can't handle it. It's nobody's responsibility to accommodate you. Invasions can be a fun mechanic, but you're literally just saying

>it's not enough that I can barge into someone's world, I need to be able to fuck them out of reaching the boss and take up a shitload of time

If you want 1v1 duels, put down a red sign. If you want to jump into someone's game, be braced for ganking.
>>
>where are my easy kills

lmao'ing at your life
>>
>>334277050
I agree 3v1 is crazy but I honestly think its completely fair to be outnumbered in an invasion.

The invader has nothing to lose but if the host dies he loses his ember and all the progress he's made in the stage, not to mention his souls. The invader also has the advantage of using npc enemies in conjunction with his own attacks so honestly it's completely fair to give the host a fighting chance with some help.
>>
>>334287715

man the pvp looks laggy as shit
>>
>>334287454
It happens still, some of the people kind of need it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfLxnRAG4ig
>>
>>334282663

https://www.instagram.com/mion_hazuki/

Her eyes are weird as fuck though. Way too big
>>
>>334287157

Most of the time me and my phantom get invaded as we're walking out of the bonfire area. I shit you not, 80% of the invasions I JUST summoned someone near a bonfire and then I get invaded.

As for sticking to the bonfire? Every invader so far has come up and done two things. Either saw me and my phantom and ran to hide behind mobs or tried to start shit but got his face molested and THEN ran to hide behind mobs. So no shit we hald back. Because you dicks hide near mobs and then spring out as soon as we aggro them. And in some zones the mobs on their own are fucking bullshit. We don't need you ganking us while we try to fight three darkwraiths.
>>
>>334287971
That's standard dark souls formula
>>
> even obobobo
Obobobo was never that good in ds pvp, this post isn't even reddit tier, it's straight outta youtube nigga get the fuck out and git gud
also you're encountering so many ganks because casuls like to coop, give it a week
>>
>>334280094
>>334283956
reds can summon purple signs when invading
>>
>>334279047
Because it's making you mad ;)
>>
>>334286454
>From is pretty good about detecting cheaters
Lmao. It was super easy to get past the softban in DS2, assuming you ever managed to get on it in the first place.
>>
>>334287715

>can't defeat 4 people at once

Just git gud
>>
File: ZWEIHANDER.png (20 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ZWEIHANDER.png
20 KB, 600x600
>>334288224
Oh I am anon :^)
>>
>>334288141

it looks worse than 2
>>
>>334288324
Only is that you?
>>
>>334288150

you mean oroboro?

yeah he and peeve are faggots
>>
File: 1397069067716.jpg (112 KB, 510x755) Image search: [Google]
1397069067716.jpg
112 KB, 510x755
>>334288407
You know it baby
>>
>>334277050
Oroboro sucks. Afro, jblackmel, and many others are much better
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>tfw defeated everybody in 4v1

Just git gud you faggots
>>
File: 20160414200929_1.jpg (705 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414200929_1.jpg
705 KB, 1920x1080
>>334277050
>PvP shitter being this mad
>>
Guys what do I do after getting all the lord souls and killing the dancer?
>>
1v1v1v1 is the best. Two purples, a red, and a host. Smurfs and sunfags need not apply.
>>
>>334277050
I think DaS1 had the best invasion mechanics. I don't know why they deviated from that.
>>
>>334288719
>Two purples, a red, and a host
While that certainly sounds fun, you realize the unified goal for the other three are to just kill the host right?
>>
>>334288808
Purples only get the vertebra if they land the killing blow. So it becomes a clusterfuck of fighting over the privilege.
>>
Just tried invading someone.
Was pretty fun until I realized that every hit I did didn't actually do any damage.

Souls PVP is fucking laughable.
>>
>>334288879
Oh I didn't know that. Wouldn't it be more fun for it to be 5 purples then?
>>
>running through shreks swamp last night
>use fingers to summon my two friends
>get invaded by some reds
>blue sentinel comes in
>kills both reds
>still unable to summon friends

The next 30 minutes was literally sets of 2 reds invading my shit and my blue sentinel killed at least 8 before he was sent home.
>>
I've only been invaded once.

He kind of sucked. Kept switching weapons, between twin scimitars, a scythe, and a shield.

I was down to 2 estus left, so I just played it safe and ended up beating him.
>>
What exactly are these purple fuckers?
Are they just there to kill the host and that's it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 91

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.