[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15
File: Curse rotted greatwood.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Curse rotted greatwood.jpg
427 KB, 1920x1080
Literally impossible
>>
File: 1389719044141.jpg (25 KB, 314x295) Image search: [Google]
1389719044141.jpg
25 KB, 314x295
>>334273997
There are weak spots on the limbs and around the back, I was trying to kill it by attacking the arm. When I realised about the weak spots I got it in one go
>>
git gud
>>
hit the weak points for massive damage
>>
>friends all spent hours fighting this fag
>fight him
>see all the egg things all over his body
>he hits me with his aoe bombing thing one time
>he gets rekt
how are people having trouble with this dude
>>
>>334273997
>Literally
>impossible

you dont understand words

just because you cant doesnt mean theres not MANY MANY people that already have, thus not making it literally impossible. you idiot
>>
>>334274464
This.

It's a fucking Zelda boss, those eggs scream "hit me!"
>>
File: 1320586543510.png (3 KB, 219x175) Image search: [Google]
1320586543510.png
3 KB, 219x175
>>334274306
Shit like this just pisses me off.

Why aren't the weak pots glowing or more clear with a different colour on them?

Why isn't there a minimap and quest markers?

Absolutely terrible game design which doesn't even tell the player how to play the game.
>>
>>334274557
are you baiting? surely you are in jest, anon

i hope i fell for it and youre not really that dumb
>>
>absolutely getting my shit pushed in
>getting stressed
>decide to kill a boss that doesn't matter about my health because I'll get one shot either way
>go and kill Yorgh
>9 levels of VIT
>Game becomes bearable again

Saved it. What's a nice set of armor for a Pure INT build?
>>
>>334274557
>big squishy looking balls on the limbs
>DURR WHY ARENT THEY GLOWING XD
fuck off, obvious b8, here's your (You)
>>
>>334274557
I wish we could move to the post-bait era.

This shit isn't amusing or funny anymore. Too much low quality.
>>
File: 1420937645785.png (312 KB, 640x592) Image search: [Google]
1420937645785.png
312 KB, 640x592
>Crush the boss's genitals while avoiding it's shit the floor attack

BRAVO FROM
>>
>>334274557
Not to mention the atrocious writing excused by "ohh, the story is in the item description"
"Really, it's ot that we don't know how to make a story with any semblance of continuity and sense, i-it's just meant to be a mess!"
>>
>>334273997
Come on OP, I beat this boss by myself so you can too.
>>
File: greatwood.jpg (274 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
greatwood.jpg
274 KB, 594x334
Fuck you guys, I'm been doing this boss for hours and still can't do jackshit against this asshole. This fight is literally unwinnable.
>>
File: 1434715112398.jpg (211 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1434715112398.jpg
211 KB, 604x604
How does one survive that fall when the floor breaks
The water is too shallow, it makes no sense
>>
>>334275263
Funny how I beat it on my second try, then.
>>
>>334275263
git gud
firtst thing you need to learn is running and dodging enemies from your bonfire to the boss without fighting them or losing health.
>>
>>334275581
What makes it even dumber is that all the enemies die from the fall while you survive
>>
>>334275581
because fromsoft is shit
you die and lose hp from more shallow fall throughough the games. meanwhile some non flying enemies are immune to fall damage as long as they dont fall in the dead area.
>>
File: 1459112945236.png (355 KB, 537x486) Image search: [Google]
1459112945236.png
355 KB, 537x486
>get to this guy
>past the first stage of the fight
>oh wow the arm looks like the eggs
>it must be weak
>beat the boss by bashing the arm
>find out it was even easier than before

Op looks like you need to git gud
>>
Am I supposed to have chosen my weapon for the rest of the game and upgraded with titanite when I get to this boss? I'm reluctant to use all my titanite shards on one weapon when I'm not sure if I'm gonna find a better one, and as a result, my damage is very low.
>>
>>334273997
Easy, hit the soft spots that isn't covered in bark
>>
>>334276701
I used a Broadsword from start to finish.
>>
git... ... gud
>>
Stay far away from him. He'll do an attack where he stands up and then falls over. Just roll out of the way and you should have time to get 3-4 hits in on the arm.

Then just lather, rinse, repeat
>>
Pro-Tip

There's a scythe just before the boss, get this and you can hit some of it's weak spots a lot easier
>>
>>334275263
Why u use all ur flask
>>
>>334273997
Step 1) slowly get the attention of all the enemies in the area and move them away from the tree and kill them 1 by 1
2) the closest one to the tree should be the last one, kill him and the tree comes to life
3) He has weak spots on 2 legs
Hit these first, you'll know you destroyed them when he makes a kind of parried stance
4) now attack the center, once the center is gone it triggers him crashing the floor

All you can do afterwards is hit the center , dodge the arm
Hit the arm
>>
File: 1311763417814.jpg (79 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
1311763417814.jpg
79 KB, 720x479
>>334275581
>>
Git gud
>>
>>334273997
fucking summon someone. i never get these threads that pop up when souls games come out. If you cant summon someone because you pirated it then sucks to be a cuck. But if you arent retarded and bought it you can just summon two dudes. If you still cant beat it.
Ratchet and Clank just came out ;)
>>
>>334279748
They torrent the game that's why they can't summon.
>>
>easiest boss
>literally impossible

Wew
>>
>>334279890
actually they released a crack recently that lets pirates summon other pirates.
>>
>>334275263
Try a dodge build and two-hand your weapon, I went in with minimal armor and got it second try.
>>
beat him and vordt both on my first try

summoned for both of them :^)
>>
File: Punpun_c1p2.png (152 KB, 555x394) Image search: [Google]
Punpun_c1p2.png
152 KB, 555x394
>>334274306

I killed it exclusively by hitting the front and then the hand.

Fuck.
>>
>>334274557
im sorry how much more obvious can they make it? you see the eggs on its crotch right away and know immediately to attack it when normal attacks dont work

i think this may have just been some prime bait because no one can be this daft
>>
>tfw gave in and summoned npc for abyss watchers
I feel dirty.
>>
Literally the easiest boss in the game
>>
Once he falls down, circle around behind him. There are eggs on almost all of his limbs and his back. If you get all those, he's pretty much dead and only takes one or two more hits to the front to die.
>>
>>334274931

I for one like the way the story is presented. It doesn't throw the story in my face if I don't want it to, and I like being able to do research to discover it.

Read a book every now and then and maybe you'll appreciate it.
>>
File: sunbro.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sunbro.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Time for some COOPERATION
>>
summoning in dark souls 1 never seemed to make bosses too much easier

summoning in dark souls 3 for vordt and greatwood made it so i wasn't even a factor. my summon beat them for me.

do bosses no longer get an HP boost from summons?
>>
>>334275263

No wonder, you're taking him on with half your health and no estus.
>>
>>334282727
They do, the early bosses are just incredibly easy.
>>
>>334282649
do your parents know you're gay?
>>
>>334274557
You would love Deadspace
>>
>>334274713
Don't worry, you did fall for it.
>>
>>334273997
Killed it without losing any health. But I'm just better than you.
>>
I died to this guy a couple of times because I always had trouble destroying his crotch when the arm was out. Once I got past that, I also died because I was unable to find more balls, even though I found them easily in the next run.
>>
>fight catacombs boss
>almost done the fight, he hasn't done much
>jerks forward 20 feet out of nowhere and I instantly die
>I wasn't even in front of him

What even is this

This is honestly the jankiest boss fight I've played yet. It was so cool at the start, but that was the most obnoxious bullshit.
>>
>>334284959
>jerks forward 20 feet out of nowhere
>out of nowhere
oh shut the fuck up

hes one of the easiest bosses as well
>>
>>334273997
Roll roll attack
>>
so we all agree that Wolnir is the easiest boss right?
>>
>>334285060

He was nearly dead and I barely had to do anything. I'm not complaining he was hard it was just jank, I was to his left trying to break the last thing and he just flew forward and I died. It was stupid, I had a full bar of health, a boss that big shouldn't instantly kill you when it moves.
>>
>>334285412

The boss is actually a time attack and on his last phase he will eventually just keep launching forward until guaranteed death.

You have to kill the bracelet on his right arm FIRST before he climbs to the top, and then it's easy since you can just wail on the other two which are much easier to deal with and are also further away from him so if he does move, you can react in time. Also if one breaks he gets stunned allowing you to instantly get to work on the final one, if you've got enough damage you'll finish the fight before the adds even get to you.

I mean it's doable to do it the hard way but you have to be really quick.
>>
File: 1403434546573.jpg (94 KB, 400x1050) Image search: [Google]
1403434546573.jpg
94 KB, 400x1050
are there already set SL where most pvp will happen? any stat distribution tips? I'm in Farron Keep, lvl30 and feel like I'm too much jack of all trades with only 12 vigor, highest stat STR with 19, attunement 14 was a waste too and now I feel like shit in PvP.

also, what the fuck is with everyone using cheesy straight swords in PvP? I have the feeling that the easiest way to win fights is pretty much spamming R1 with a broadsword or some shit.
>>
File: meh.ro11558.jpg (320 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro11558.jpg
320 KB, 621x621
>>334274717
>pure int
>>
>>334286382

Straight swords are badly balanced and are pretty much the best PvP and PvE weapon. They're quick and flexible with the damage and stagger of greatswords, it's madness.

Don't worry about stats, you'll eventually get to a point where you can respec. I highly recommend getting your health up though, it makes a massive difference.
>>
>>334281789
I dont think vordt needs a summon, but i think for some builds early on you really Need to summon someone for tree-eggs
>>
>>334285393

Easiest boss is meme-tree. He literally can't hurt you in the second phase.

Wolnir can be a pain if you're behind on damage and if you fuck up too many attempts on his left arm, things go south quickly. He's a very trial and error boss if you don't get lucky.
>>
>>334286535
peasents all swinging swords while getting hit by cleaves and stomps, while i spam spells and clear all bosses on the first try, Keep dying to melee attacks while i pew pew nigga
>>
>having trouble with nutsack tree

Lol
>>
Anyone got tips for Crystal sage once it hits it's second stage?

Once it's split into four it usually kills me fairly quick. I know I only need to hit each of them once to get rid of them, but getting close enough is darn hard. I often roll through an attack only to get hit by another attack from another direction a split-second after my roll finishes.
>>
Just beat this faggot. Spent most of my tries figuring out where the fuck the last weak spot was, until I figured out both the white arm and 1 "normal" limb also take damage. Before that I tried to get the boss on it's back so I could smack the eggs on his back but appearently they aren't weakspots.
>>
10 push ups per death!
>git gud or git rekked
>>
File: 1396622454122.png (188 KB, 489x275) Image search: [Google]
1396622454122.png
188 KB, 489x275
>having trouble with LMAO TREE FREE KILL
>Not Aldrich
>Not Dancer
>Not Lothric
>Not Soul of Cinder
>Not Champion Gundyr

literally give up now OP
>>
>>334273997
Is this some sort of joke?
I have ignored all DSIII threads because I'm afraid of spoilers but this one of the easiest souls games out there
I like it and the bosses add great but none should take more than 2 tries
>>
>>334286964
look for the one with the purple magic and make a beeline and hack away, don't worry about the adds. Try dodging to the left. If your still having trouble, summon Eygon, he's in the room just before the fight. He won't do that much, but he takes away some of the aggro.
>>
>Play drunk souls with friends last night
>get to this point
I'm surprised I didn't die of alcohol poisoning
>>
How to bait /v/
>post picture of easy boss
>write "literally impossible"

alternatively
>post feminists
>>
Still haven't beaten it, but it's not exactly hard, just tedious. Its attacks are very easy to dodge, but your window of opportunity for getting attacks in is pretty small and you do little damage, so the battle really drags out.
>>
File: 1449825238954.png (129 KB, 324x310) Image search: [Google]
1449825238954.png
129 KB, 324x310
>heralds
>>
>>334287051
I kept dying to the tree since I figured his arm and front ballsack were his only weakspots. Didn't realise till I got frustrated and summoned a guy and he started hitting him in the back.
>>
>Hit tree
>Does no damage
>"I should probably hit the egg things"
>Instantly loses massive chunks of health
>Literally the easiest boss to dodge
>All you need to do is slash and roll
Maybe video games just aren't for you OP
>>
I did this guy on my first try, but Abyss Watchers took a gorillion and I eventually had to cheese it with a summon.
>>
>>334273997

Just keep backing away till it stands up and falls over forward and hit the arm a bunch before it gets back up. As soon as it gets back up run back out to distance. There is literally nothing it can hit you with if you do that. Only attacks will be a rolling thing that you can dodge out of the way of, and the stand up and fall thing. Circle away and to your right to be on the side where the hand is when it falls over.
>>
>>334286964

Use the pillars for cover.

Look to see which of the sage is shooting the purple meth crystals, then focus that one down quickly. There's no point removing the clones since the game tells you where the real one is.

If it relocates, the clones dissapear with it so there's no reason to be cautious, just go for pure aggression for as long as you can before you expect to get pelted from behind.

If your current positioning is bad and won't let you get a good attack in, just take the long way round instead of rushing into a bad formation.
>>
>>334287856
>>334287494

Cheers guys, gonna try again.
>>
>>334273997
Do we really need a IMPOSSIBLE thread for every fucking boss?
Most of the bosses are piss easy is DS3 and even the hardest ones are not even challenging and i'm shit at souls games
>>
File: 1426235429601.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1426235429601.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>He summons for bosses
>>
>>334286358
The boss itself is also jank as fuck because I've seen me and a phantom that were FARTHER FROM THE BOSS THAN ANOTHER PHANTOM just get insakilled. While the boss is doing...nothing.

Not the gas.
Not a swing.
Not summons.
Just "You died lol git gud"
>>
>>334288271

Yeah it seems like a boss that's just prone to stupid irrational bullshit.

I summoned for it and one of my phantoms just got stuck in the corridor outside.

One time I fought it at its last third bar, and all it did was the spam the sword stab move FOUR times in a row, giving me literally no access to its arm whatsoever, and then it decided that somehow these counted as fair turns and it was now going to finish its ascent and I died.

So sometimes you get lucky with it and other times it fucks you. All in all, a fucking worthy successor to Bed of Bullshit.
>>
LITERALLY impossible?
Well, okay OP. Looks like you just wasted $60. Sorry about your loss. I guess no one can beat the game now.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.