[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which souls game is the worst?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9
File: demonsoulsborne_610.jpg (104 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
demonsoulsborne_610.jpg
104 KB, 610x343
http://strawpoll.me/7369596

I'm pretty confident that Dark Souls II is considered the worst game in the series by the majority of /v/, not to say that the majority is objectively correct all the time
>>
>>334271012
> the majority is objectively correct all the time

Nice bait
>>
I liked DaS2 more than Base Bloodborne. The dlc was fantastic though.
>Dlc literally redeemed the game
>>
>>334271101
>reading comprehension
>>
>>334271146
I've been avoiding SOTFS edition and the dlc, i got DSII on launch. is it really worth it?
>>
>>334271146
>I liked DaS2 more than Base Bloodborne.
Eh this is why these polls are garbage. You have people with garbage taste.
>>
>>334271257
I really liked DaS2 a lot. The DLC for DaS2 was even better than the base game. Definately worth it if you haven't played the DLC yet. It's also quite a bit more difficult. You absolutely need to get the DLC or SOTFS.
>I have the both base games and SOTFS on my PS3 and PS4
>>
>>334271307
What hurt you?
but heres your (You)
>>
Could people explain why everyone hates dark souls 2 so much? I myself hate the bosses and magic seems pretty buffed to me but that's all I can think of that I hate.
>>
>>334271012
>6 pkeks already
Come on, PS4 is not even that expensive these days.
>>
>>334271765
Bloodborne is a beautiful gsme trapped behind 30 fps, I know a handful of people who quit the game because it hurt their eyes
>>
>>334271012
ds3 is the worst
>>
>>334272081
Don't you have a chemo right now?
>>
>>334271730
For me personally world and level design were just so fucking bland. That together with enemies homing at you mid-attack while you're rolling made drop it completely.
>>
>>334271012

ds3 is the worst bloodborne is the best
>>
>>334272290
I like the game. My favorite next to dark souls I.

I'm just telling you what other people told me
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151227164559.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151227164559.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
>bloodborne has 12 votes
faaaaaaaaags
>>
>>334272146
That's a funny way of spelling best.
>>
>>334271730
The level design and consistency of the world was far worse than the first game. The enemy tracking was unbelievably stupid. and a lot of the game was just hard for the sake of being hard. There were multiple parts of the game where they would just throw a shitload of enemies at you. If you were a melee character, you just had to sit and wait for all the enemies to exhaust their movesets at once, run in and attack, back out, and repeat. That shit was tedious and boring.

It's not a bad game by any means, it's a lot better than a lot of the garbage that gets churned out of the industry today, but compared to the other games in the series, it sucks.
>>
>>334272936
>easiest soul game
>best
fuck off casual
>>
Bloodborne is the best of the one's I've played, haven't played 3 tho.

Worst is definitely 2.
>>
>>334273108
>easiest soul game
What does DeS have to do with anything here?
>>
>>334273108
>pretending 1 and 2 are harder than 3

Lol
>>
>>334273227
>>334273260
>defending shitsouls3
casuals
>>
>>334271012
Souls 2 is easily worst

>took the difficulty meme to heart and just threw legions of gank at you
>reused shit loads of content from previous game without bothering with an explanation why
>didn't even explain its own lore, left obvious plot holes because muh ambiguity
>looked shit graphically at too many places
>retard level design and work design

The only thing souls 2 does decent is a bit more responsive combat which is then ruined by terrible movement.
>>
I haven't finished DaSIII but it looks like

DaS > Bloodborne = DeS > DaSIII >>> DaSII
>>
>>334273260
Some people are stupid like that. They think something is harder because they played that game first without having any experience with the series. If you spend years playing every single one of them, of course newer games would feel "easier" because you already have experience with them and know what to expect.
I played DeS first and series has been getting more challenging with every iteration. DS2 is the """hardest""", but only thanks to retarded enemies that can only be stunned by using ultraheavy weapons repeatedly, cheap early game and fucked up hitboxes that make no sense. If we're talking fairness, DS3 is the more challenging one so far. Lothric knights are beasts to fight.
>>334273363
>being a contrarian who most likely haven't even played the game
>>
>>334273694
>>334273260
we can all agree 2 is shit though right??
>>
Demon's. That doesn't mean it's a bad game, but it is basically an unpolished Dark Souls.
>>
>>334272520
Hating DS3 seems to be a popular trend amongst people who favor Bloodborne. Coincidence, I think not.
>>
>>334274220
Obviously, worst game. Final bosses in DLC and some areas were pretty cool, though, but overall it's bad. Not a horrible game, horrible Souls game.
>>
>>334274286
unpolished DaS > chinese knockoff DaS (das2)

It's not like the souls series has ever been a about polish anyway
>>
>>334274390
why we can play it on ps4 too
>>
>>334272558
DS3 looks so fucking good, shame that despite looking quite decent itself, BB is forever tainted by chromatic aberration meme.
>>
File: smug_cunts.png (272 KB, 696x537) Image search: [Google]
smug_cunts.png
272 KB, 696x537
>mfw DaS2 fuccbois currently in the process of being BTFO
>>
Dark Souls 2 is literally objectively the worst. Some poor design choices for sure.

That being said, it's a better game than 90% of the shit that comes out, so it goes to show the quality of the series.
>>
Dark Souls 2 had
>difficulty for meme's sake
>terrible hitscanning
>copy-paste or ganksquad bosses just about every time
>terrible world design
>fucked up stats

I still enjoyed it, buy why even try to pretend it isn't the worst souls game?
>>
>>334274690
i think chromatic aberration looks fine in bloodborne, they probably removed it because it was a serious performance hit. I only find CA an issue when it detracts from the experience
>>
>>334275138
because people like to be contrarian and shitpost
>>
>>334275170
It doesn't look horrible in action, but playing DS3 now it's obvious how much better the game would look without it. Needless performance hit too.
>>
>>334275170

What? Performance hit a post process effect? nah
>>
>>334275138
because they paid good money for it and when you shitpost, it hurts their feelings
>>
>>334271257
nah, there are a few good bosses, and a decent level design, but the mobs are shit, and the co-op areas cancer.
Just get das3 if you haven`t
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20150330215216.jpg (632 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20150330215216.jpg
632 KB, 1920x1080
>>334275170
I'm certain that the chromatic aberration was as much of a stylistic choice as it was a makeshift AA solution.

It gives the entire game a slightly hazy, dreamlike feel. Like some kind of mild benadryl stupor. Very much in line with the whole game's motif.
>>
>>334275937
There's much better ways to do that than eye cancer CA
See: Silent Hill, LSD Dream Emulator
>>
>Crystal sage
>easy to the point of pointlessness
>suddenly ultra fuck you impossible to beat mode

???
>>
>>334276446
>crystal sage
>impossible to beat mode
He's basically pinwheel with a better arena.
>>
>>334271730
cause they are shit players, casuls that think they are hardcore cause the beat a moderate difficulty game like DS1, then they get reminded that they are casul in DS2 so they hate on it.
>>
>>334276446
Are you dumb, or just bad? I farm Crystal Sage for medals and souls.
>>
>>334276368
I don't think you understood what he meant and just decided to try and counter by saying games that have literal dream concepts in them. Don't post again.
>>
>>334272409
Fucking monsters hitting me cause I can't time my dodge right, fucking artificial difficulty. Maybe you should get gud instead of thinking you can walk up to an enemy and backstab it like its nothing.
>>
>>334276831
I understood it very well. There's better, less lazy ways to accomplish a dreamlike atmosphere than CA. Don't ever reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>334276697
Dark Souls 2 ranges from easy as fuck to bullshit that's eventually easy as fuck once you realize the only sane way to do it is cheese. It's filled with retarded as fuck design decisions that were rightfully thrown the fuck out for Dark Souls 3 because they were garbage.

>enemies respawn a certain number of times, meaning you can brute force your way through challenges, but also can't grind for items you want
>hurr lets throw a million trash mobs at them surely that will challenge them!
>your weapon breaks if you even look at it the wrong way
>oh but don't worry, we fixed that issue when it came out on PS4 and Xbone a few years later :^)
>the entire shrine of amana
>unlimited stamina works drakekeepers
>let's not bother giving enemies tricky movesets, let's just make them rotate on a fucking carousel to make up for our inability to fix strafing
>let's tie i-frames to a stat, and then make your hitbox stay in the same spot until you finish your roll animation so you're FORCED to invest in it
>Soul Memory
>no permanent invasion items
The game fucking sucked
>>
>>334276812

So far the hardest boss in the game
>>
Anybody who isn't voting DaS3 hasn't played it. It's the first Souls game I would consider genuinely casualized.
>>
that giant dog boss made me rage quit the game in dark souls 2.
>>
File: 1380466745952.jpg (20 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1380466745952.jpg
20 KB, 625x626
>>334277314
(You)
>>
>>334277432
I did not die to a single boss more than once. If you level up vitality the healing is so fast that the game is not remotely challenging. It's a decent arcadey hack and slash but a trash Souls game. No atmosphere either.
>>
>>334277568
Why are you talking about DS2 now?
>>
>>334277310
wew
>>
>>334277568
Are you talking about Bloodborne?
>>
>>334277676
DaS2 did not have fast healing because estus flasks replenished health gradually. If any game shares that problem it's Bloodborne. Play the game before you shit on it you retard.
>>
File: G4K.jpg (59 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
G4K.jpg
59 KB, 480x360
>Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Old Hunters > Prepare to Die > Scholar of the First Sin > Dark Souls II > Dark Souls
>>
>>334277776
>If any game shares that problem it's Bloodborne
And DS1. And DeS.

>DaS2 did not have fast healing
Healing gem, estus. Enjoy your insta HP.
>>
>>334274220
I'd hardly call it shit, yeah its the worst souls game but it's not necessarily a bad game because its not as good as the others
>>
>>334277753
BB isn't as bad in my opinion because I love the stake driver and it made the game somewhat challenging when I used it. It generally has a better vision, a more interesting world, is more aesthetically inspired, and has far more interesting weapons. DaS3 has BB's problem but it doesn't have merit that justifies it.

>>334277907
The complaint is shared with DeS but it was the most atmospheric title by a mile, Latria was incredible. DaS has slow healing but a lot of bosses cannot keep up with you despite that because they are just terribly designed or slow to pursue (extreme example is Gaping Dragon). DaS2 actually is the game that covers this best, as healing (both with estus and gems) takes a little while because the health bar slowly regenerates and many bosses, especially in the DLC, aggro in response to healing.
>>
>Overwhelming majority of votes goes to DaS2

A little bit of my faith in humanity has been restored. Good job lads.
>>
>>334278216
BB had by far the most lenient healing system with vials and the rally mechanic. That coupled with the easy mode dodges and abusable parries, made the game easier than DaS 3.

Regarding the atmosphere, I have to disagree, DaS 3 has an excellent atmosphere that really resembles DeS and a great OST to boot.
DaS 2 had slower healing but the vast majority of enemies and bosses are MUCH less agressive and slower than DaS 3 and Bloodborne. DaS 2 attempts to make the game hard by throwing gangs of enemies at you, and it just ends up being frustrating instead of hard.
>>
>>334278080
Literally the only reason people say DS2 is shit is because they compare it to DeS and DS1. Of course if you compare a good game to an excellent game it's gonna look like garbage. Why does everyone do this. No one knows how to fucking sit down and enjoy a fucking game anymore. Everybody thinks they're a critic these days. It's a shame really because all those people will never really enjoy video games anymore.
>>
>>334278881
>DaS 2 had slower healing but the vast majority of enemies and bosses are MUCH less agressive and slower than DaS 3 and Bloodborne
This is proportional to the healing. If a boss in DaS2 stuck on you like glue the way some BB bosses do it would be insufferable and absurdly difficult. DaS2 healing/boss speed is the best in my opinion though (at least in the DLC). When Alonne stabs you with his sword and gets a buff off and you know he's going to kill you the next time he touches you and he pulls his sword back to slide at you and you have to dodge to heal it feels extremely tense, even if it's slower than BB or DaS3. It's fun.

I agree BB was easier though, especially if you leveled vitality and used Ludwig's Holy Blade and the blunderbuss to parry. I actually disliked it for a while for the same reason, in addition to the abysmal PVP. I think people exaggerate the extent to which DaS2 throws mobs at you and other games do not. BB had extremely formulaic mobs (three peasant hunters, guy with a rifle, maybe a brick troll for extra difficulty), and people do not complain about that nearly as often. I really think Mathew Matosis managed to control the dialog on DaS2 when he makes a lot of complaints that apply to most of the series.

I don't feel the atmosphere in DaS3, could just be me.
>>
File: you.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
you.png
10 KB, 300x300
>>334279067
>why compare a game of a series to previous installations
>>
File: 1460474273279.png (232 KB, 464x379) Image search: [Google]
1460474273279.png
232 KB, 464x379
>>334279451
So you're saying that every Souls game should be as good as the first?
Please tell me when has this ever happened to a series of games?
>>
>>334279596
I'm saying: why the fuck shouldn't you compare games of the same series?
Shouldn't a sequel attempt to improve?
Of course it happened to others series but what does that even justify?
Dark Souls 2 isn't really a bad game, but it's not up to the series standards and people are allowed to say that.
>>
>>334279446
>I think people exaggerate the extent to which DaS2 throws mobs at you and other games do not. BB had extremely formulaic mobs (three peasant hunters, guy with a rifle, maybe a brick troll for extra difficulty), and people do not complain about that nearly as often. I really think Mathew Matosis managed to control the dialog on DaS2 when he makes a lot of complaints that apply to most of the series.
But it absolutely does that more than the other games. In DaS 3 and BB is more forgivable because the combat system is more versatile and you are faster.
>>
>>334279994
Dark Souls in it's first year wasn't up to Demon's Souls unpatched standards, but faggots like you only played PtD.

SotFS > PtD

DaS3 releases April, 2017. Enjoy your early access.
>>
>>334280284
DaS and DeS have a lot of mobs, you're just supposed to walk forward very slowly so only one of them at a time will attack you. In ways that's more dumb than DaS2.
>>
>>334280317
>unpatched
What the fuck is your point?

>SotFS > PtD
0/10 bait, I'm not even mad.
>>
Knowledgeable people with good taste know that Demon's Souls is the best Souls game. Sure it's not the best for someone new to play now since Bloodborne and Dark Souls are strong contenders but when even the newest game in the series still has so many similarities with the original you just know Demon's Souls was a masterpiece. They got everything right on the first try then expanded their ideas on that template, every game after Demon's Souls is essentially an upgraded version of it.
>>
>>334273090
>hard for the sake of being hard
>throw a shitload of enemies at you
>wait for moveset
You obviously are not fit to play dark souls in general. You literally described every souls game. DaS2 had very even maps. The only one I would argue had too many enemies was where you fight the smelter demon.

>hard for the sake of being hard
Literally nothing about this game was hard. Face it, you played through DaS1 and got burnt out. Didn't have the patience to beat the much easier second one.

>consistency of the world
if anything, DaS1 had far worse consistency. You had to constantly backtrack for shit. And it wasn't even a bad or unenjoyable thing.

Your opinion is literally TOO wrong to be even considered. Eat shit and die.
>>
>>334280487
Mate, I replayed DeS and DaS last year, the mob placement is usually pretty fair, the only situations I can recall are weaker/slower mobs than can easily be one shotted or avoided.
>>
>>334280641
>not enjoying the interconnectivity and backtracking of Dark Souls 1
If anything it's the one thing it did better than Demon's Souls and what makes it be on par with it. I never thought I would actually like backtracking in a game but Dark Souls does it so well you don't even mind it.
>>
>>334280743
>weaker/slower mobs than can easily be one shotted or avoided
You can avoid most mobs in DaS2 dude
>>
Dark Souls II is my favorite souls game after Bloodborne.
Ask me anything.
>>
>>334271012
I'd personally say dark 3. It literally does nothing new and feels like it was made just to pander to people like vaati and other cancer like him.
>>
I feel like a lot of these criticisms are so misplaced.
>gank squad
they took what you learned in DaS1 and applied it to DaS2 albeit in a heavier volume. It's more strategic. You can't just run your ass through a bunch of enemies. You have to pull them. And believe me, they can be pulled. I've played SOTFS multiple times.

I think a lot of the criticisms are just on people who didn't have patience to deal with DaS2.

There were a lot of things worse with DaS2 but things that it also did better than DaS1. The world had more colour and variety. Not everything was just "dead". The bosses were more realistic relative to DaS1. Also, the DaS2 dlcs are just straight-up better than the Artorias DLC.
>>
>>334281038
There are situations with narrow paths with mobs that are very hard to avoid, not to mention the absurd tracking. I don't know what they were thinking.
>>
>>334281038
not with 360 tracking and garbage hitboxes

What DaS2 did wrong
>level design
>world design
>boss design (most of them anyway)
>graphics (lack of proper lighting made textures look like shit)
>hitboxes
>enemy placement
>mob tracking
>NG+ is outright unfair and bullshit

other minor things but still dealbreakers:
>nonexistent atmosphere
>incoherent lore
>bad story
>bland characters
>respecing and shit like it's some kind of mmo

These are the things that made me hate Dark Souls 2. I honestly believe it's not even a good game on its own, just an average RPG that relies too much on difficulty to attract your attention. I played through it solo and NG+ and I was very disappointed, especially with the NG+ elements of the game. I'm sure some people like DaS2 and I respect their opinion but I don't believe these people know what makes a Souls game great (mostly PvPfags)
>>
>>334281375
>Also, the DaS2 dlcs are just straight-up better than the Artorias DLC.
If it's one thing that's absurdly overrated in DaS 2 are the DLCs. I seriously don't understand what people see in them, they're just more of the same uninspired shit.
>>
>>334271257
The dlc, Iron King specifically, is higher quality than the base game. Weapon durability seems to have been improved, enemy placement has been """""improved""""" in several areas. I just beat it for the first time after giving up on the original release when it came out.
>>
>>334281375
>Also, the DaS2 dlcs are just straight-up better than the Artorias DLC

wrong. The DLCs are average at their very best. DLC 1 has awful bosses but good level design. DLC 2 has good bosses but awful level design/enemy placement, and DLC 3 has probably one decent boss, and two lackluster ones and one decent level and one level that is probably the worst in FromSoft history.
>>
Design-wise DaS2, but when it comes to my desire to replay them it'll go for DaS, it's just not as fun to play as the rest.
>>
Going straight from 2 to 3 I can tell you what they did right
>more shortcuts, levels are longer
>bosses/enemies are far more aggressive but not "infinite stamina" aggressive
>ambushes that have more than 3 enemies are usually one-twoshot or like 2 enemies that take maybe 4 hits
>enemies aren't just placed every 3 feet or in places where 12 will aggro at once
>hard or higher class enemies are actually hard by nature of how they act and not just because they autotrack you or have 3 of them
>enemies are really varied in how they attack, even humanoid enemies rarely act similar to each other aside from generic sword hollows at the start
>bosses all have distinct individuality and gimmicks without being overtly gimmicky
>>
Why is the camera so fucking bad when fighting huge bosses? I can't see anything when the boss moves around and I'm hitting his toe
>>
>>334281664
Most base games have a lot of shitty bosses. DaS2 just doesn't have a couple of memorable, good bosses to offset them like Miyazaki titles usually do. Hitboxes are kind of bad, but they're complained about so much mostly because of the i-frame state. There were decent levels in base game, I liked No Man's Wharf and Undead Crypt for example. Tracking is lazy but it's better than being able to fish as easily as you could in DaS1 (put up a shield and strafe left when you're low on health). You're overrated other games and underrating it.

Also, bitching about NG+ is childish, DaS2 handled it pretty well. At least they added incentive to do it.

>respecing
>bad
Go fuck yourself. If soul level matters and you try to make a PVP build you will spend 20 hours on a character and wish you had shifted one or two stats a certain way. It's obnoxious.

>bland characters
Not really. Vengarl, Straid, and arguably Lucatiel were likeable. It did better with NPCs than BB in my opinion. At least they tried. BB had almost no memorable characters, and you were unlikely to find any good dialogue on your first playthrough.

In conclusion, fuck off. You're band wagoning to an irrational degree.
>>
>Dark Souls buzz makes me want to get back into the series
>Still haven't played two
>It's still full price years after release

What the fuck?
>>
>>334273108
are you kidding me, 1 was the easiest by far, just get a heavy armor and facetank everything
>>
>>334282635
You're not missing much, honestly. DaS 3 is what 2 should've been.
>>
>>334282950
I don't want to pay full price for 3 either when I have old games to catch up on.
Fuck, I'll just replay DaS 1.
>>
>>334271257
Just beat all the dlc a few days ago.
The winter level is terrible, but the other two are great. Fume Knight is really fun to fight as well.
>>
>>334282635
This. Why are Souls games so expensive? Just because they're from Japan?
>>
>>334283362
Namco Bandai are renowned Jews.
>>
>>334271012
Dark Souls > Demons Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne
>>
>>334282635
I got sotfs on steam for 15 dollars at christmas, the next sale will probably have the same deal.
>>
>>334271012

>all those salty never ever votes for bloodborne and demon souls

Ah good kek, good kek
>>
>>334283630
I guess I can wait but by then I might have gone back to not caring.
>>
>>334281883
At least it's not as overrated as the Artorias DLC. The bosses are cool, but the levels themselves are a chore to play, especially the forest.
>>
>>334271012
DS2 is easily, objectively, the worst.
Uninspired, try hard level design and zero charm.
>>
>>334284005
You aren't really missing much, honestly. I just beat it for the first time a few days ago. I'll probably play it again some time but I'd much sooner play another game in the series.
>>
>>334284163
I'm just going to replay 1 for now, it's been ages since I touched it so it will probably feel new anyway.
It'll probably satisfy me.
>>
>>334276697
No, DS2 is easier, while having shittier gameplay mechanics
>>
>>334271012
>Bloodborne is NR.2
>Demon Souls is NR.3
When will PCucks get their own board?
>>
File: Gd8SICJ.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Gd8SICJ.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>334274802
most who loves DSII are pcmustard
>>
>>334271012
Roll roll attack
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.