[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (3 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1500x1000
What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
>>
To kill your self through great effort.
>>
Latter because you made a conscious choice and worked for it. Being born good simply means you're simply ignorant of the alternative.
>>
>>334268280
Try hard faggot
>>
>>334268280
But when you become good you realize you've done so much evil you wish you didn't do it, so you still lose
>>
>>334268383
Mad cause bad
>>
>>334268505
That's just something you got to make peace with and move on.
>>
File: Mr Perfect.jpg (14 KB, 234x320) Image search: [Google]
Mr Perfect.jpg
14 KB, 234x320
TO BE BORN PERFECT

YOU'RE NOT PERFECT. I AM!
>>
>>334267367
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women.
>>
>>334267367
It's better to have already been a good person. no evil>some evil
>>
>>334268684
Actually some who became good would have realized that even though
becomming good takes the greater effort and is the bigger achievement beeing born good does less damage overall
and is therefore preferable.
>>
>>334267367
No one is born good without having first overcome their evil nature through effort.

Just as a single candle dispels a thousand years of darkness a single good thought can dispel a thousand years of evil.
>>
There is no good or evil, those are just imaginary concepts that we impose onto morality.
>>
File: hyrka.png (1 MB, 1292x807) Image search: [Google]
hyrka.png
1 MB, 1292x807
>>334268848
>>
File: alan_sugar_1365027c[1].jpg (46 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
alan_sugar_1365027c[1].jpg
46 KB, 460x288
>>334268893
>>334268915
Easy to say when you're born into it.

It's like people who were born into money and those that worked their way up from humble origins. Latter's more interesting and tend to be less elitist about it.
>>
>>334267367
Born good, naturally. If you've got an evil nature then everyone will hate and judge you because they're expecting you to do something bad. Even if you do overcome your evil nature it's really only benefiting yourself. If you failed then it was completely useless.

Oh sure, it's more romantic this way but it's fucking pointless too.
>>
Thou mayest
>>
>>334267367
Even if you could teach a Jew to stop eating coins, no one is going to let it near their wallets.
>>
>>334269131

>I want to live in a clay hut again
>>
>i'm 18 and this is deep
>>
Skyrim seriously is RPG game for kids not only the game is easy as fuck, not only setting is so generic I expected Gandalf ripoff to pop up but the ''philosophical questions'' in it are shallow as well.
>>
>>334270448

> I dont understand anything, shitpost quick to feel better again
>>
>born good

Bethesda confirmed for literal retards no one is born as anything.
>>
>>334270671

then explain the Dragonborn
>>
>>334270779
wow Dragonborn had his morality the moment he was born?
>>
>>334270851

He was born as the Dragonborn
>>
>>334267367
>your evil nature

Describe evil nature.
>>
>>334271061

*spoiler* retard *spoiler*
>>
>>334267367
I'm not quite sure how to tell you this, Paarthurnax, but you're not actually a dragon. You're a wyvern.
>>
>>334271147

People rarely have an idea of what is being evil.

Allow me.

Choose.

A group of bandits from an enemy city enters your town and starts raping your women, you:

a) Forgive them, embrace them, turn the other cheek.
b) Slaughter them and rape the children of their city.

One of these is good: choose.
>>
>>334268916
to deep for me
>>
>>334267367
to be born nothing and end with less
>>
>>334271260

I am pretty sure that in the most countries, murder is considered bad/evil. At least in the country I am living in. You must be a twisted freaking psychopath to think that killing people is considered good by a functional society.
>>
>>334271260
>a) Forgive them, embrace them, turn the other cheek.
Be a doormat and invite them to keep raping your women, because they know you'll keep forgiving them. Pretty stupid.

>b) Slaughter them and rape the children of their city.
Defend your people but become worse by doing the same to their side. Also stupid.
>>
>>334271538
>>334271740

Bioth wrong, you hate your enemies and do them the worst and wish them the worst.

Anything else is a perversion, because it is natural to be vengeful with your enemies. And also you show them who's boss.
>>
Delphine you piece of shit.
>>
>>334272104
> you hate your enemies and do them the worst and wish them the worst.
>it is natural to be vengeful with your enemies.
If you're a simple animal who does whatever feels 'natural', sure. Higher people would raise above that.

Kill the fucks actively attacking you but don't go taking revenge on innocents from their side.
>>
Latter is more interesting, I don't care about the philosophy of the greater good
>>
>>334272865

Here's a little something: The world is populated by demons, in ancient times israelites were so brutal because literally the rest of mankind were demons.

Wanna see satan in action? Read the bible, disgusting behaviour like humbling yourself or denying yourself carnal pleasures? That's the devil, now you know who is the antichrist and how easily he has been slipped into the bible.

Jesus of nazareth.
>>
Well nobody is born evil so the question is moot itself
>>
>>334273232

Don't believe me?

Samson (the stronk guy) was a murderer of his enemies and also used whores to his pleasure, he never stopped being a saint until the moment he revealed to an enemy the secret of his power, in which the whore cut his hair so he was punished, later on God had mercy on him because it was his son.

Yes, you can be a saint and fuck literal prostitutes, sex isn't bad, look at Samson.

Jesus is the antichrist.
>>
>>334273232
>>334273374
I was out doing some errands. No need to spaz out with an essay.

I couldn't give two shits about any of that bible crap because it's fundamentally flawed anyway.

You don't need shit like that to know that going from protecting your people to "let's rape the other city's kids!" is a dick move.
>>
>ancient Dragon implied to be incredibly wise and learned thinks that there's such a thing as morality by nature
>same Dragon thinks he can change sides in a setting where Good and Evil are physical laws like gravity
Bravo Bethesda
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.