[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent Hill Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Heather Savepoint.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Heather Savepoint.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Let's talk about what is inarguably the best horror series of all time.

Which is your favorite, 1, 2, or 3?

When was the last time you stopped to realize that we'll never get another good game?
>>
>>334266112
1 > 3 > 2 > quaility gap but still good > 0 > 4
everything else is shit

I gave up at Downpour, had a brief moment of hope with Silent Hills and have completely given up hope of ever getting a new game at this point
>>
File: 1423118505024.jpg (3 MB, 2384x3157) Image search: [Google]
1423118505024.jpg
3 MB, 2384x3157
3 is the best game ever made.
>>
I've only played 1-3, I'm thinking about playing through Room or Homecoming because I want more Silent Hill and I think I can lower my standards and expectation enough.
>>
>>334267043
Skip homecoming and play Origins instead, its okay
>>
I can't believe how unbelievably good 1,2 and 3 are
And I didn't expect anything from 4 after hearing that it isn't even set in Silent Hill but dammit I loved it so much
Too bad the second half is the same settings as the first one
It would have been perfect otherwise
>>
File: 1383321890069.jpg (163 KB, 793x1080) Image search: [Google]
1383321890069.jpg
163 KB, 793x1080
I've played 1 and 2.
I honestly think 2 is one of the best horror games ever. I doubt 3 and 4 can be any better.
>>
>>334266112
But that's not Five Nights at Freddy's.
>>
>>334267212

>Too bad the second half is the same settings as the first one

My problem with this is that SH2 does essentially the same thing, just in blocks yet nobody really complained about it.
>>
>>334267259
3 was already getting pretty stale.

There's only so many times you can make the same hospital, sewer and amusement park levels over and over again.

Also they killed Harry.
>>
>>334267459
What do you mean? If it's true I didn't notice it at all
>>
>>334267607

The otherworld sections are just rehased extensions of the areas you had just been in with a fleshy, rusty exterior and some modified terrain. Not all that different than what happens in SH4. Yes, you go back, but things are moderately different.
>>
>>334268040
That's slightly different though, the otherworld is another dimension of the area you're in
You don't go through all the areas and then go back to the first one and play all of them in the otherworld version
In SH4 after the hospital you go back to the subway and then replay the areas with differences but the same area
>>
>>334268230

Effectively, it's the same concept. Retreading the same areas with slight differences. The only changes is that in SH2 you do them right after finishing the area and there's more of an emphasis on the aesthetic transformation.
>>
>>334268489
Actually there were puzzles that relied on the whole concept of "this area is closed in the whole world but it's open in the otherworld" and vice versa
It's a very different thing
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.