[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the difficulty in Dark Souls just a meme? I don't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1453499819053.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1453499819053.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
Is the difficulty in Dark Souls just a meme?

I don't get it, every single area is the same. Summon some guys, kill everything, and beat the boss. The only fight that is hard is the first one because you can't summon, after that the game is an absolute joke.

Everytime I read these posts about how people can't beat a boss I just laugh, how can you guys suck this bad? This game is honestly impossible to lose at, if you have multiple people hitting an enemy at once then they just get stun locked until they die half the time. Either that or they are so big that 2-3 guys wailing on them after the miss BIG SLOW ATTACK TM kills them so fast.
>>
play solo, bitch!
first playthrough is always solo
>>
It's pretty hard
>>
>>334258714
kill yourself
DESU
B
H
>>
>>334258714
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334258714
>summoning at all

Lmoa
>>
>>334258714
Every bait deserves a (you)
>>
Is the difficulty in Super Mario Bros just a meme?

I don't get it, every single area is the same. Move through the level, jump on a few guys and raise the flag. The only fight that is hard is the one at the end of each world because of Bowser, after that the game is an absolute joke.

Everytime I read these posts about how people can't beat a stage I just laugh, how can you guys suck this bad? This game is honestly impossible to lose at, if you have a fire flower then you can just destroy them from a screen away. Either that or they are so big that 2-3 guys wailing on them after the miss BIG SLOW ATTACK TM kills them so fast.
>>
>use the built in easy mode known as summoning
>WHY IS THIS GAME SO EASY GUYS LMAO

hmmm...
>>
File: 1425694074822.png (305 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1425694074822.png
305 KB, 500x405
>>334258797
Why the fuck is their peoples signs all over the ground then?
>>
>>334259079
because people like to co op to help people too bad at the game to solo it
>>
>>334259124
Almost every single clan is designed to help people, why would they build the game around this if you aren't meant to use it. Jesus christ retards.
>>
Play it the way you want, but it's obvious that summoning makes it much easier. There's no wrong in doing that. Complaining about it being too easy after you make it easy is kind of dumb though
>>
>>334259196
you're welcome to do it but it does make the game easy and therefore not fun
soloing is the way to play if you want to have fun, unless you just summon friends
>>
File: 1434269196594.jpg (100 KB, 854x640) Image search: [Google]
1434269196594.jpg
100 KB, 854x640
>>334259226
I guess upgrading your weapons is easy mode too, since that's in the game.
>>
>>334259196
so your question is why do people talk about DS being difficult when you allow myself to be carried through by others?

did you consider that the difficulty aspect is in reference to solo play?
>>
>>334259354
You're still relying on your own efforts, and the game is balanced around it. Getting carried by 2-3 other dudes is completely different, though co-op runs are super fun
>>
God damn, I used to think invading was a boring worthless waste of time. Invade, fight someone for 10 seconds, go back home. Now I've seen the light with my last invasion.

Everyone was laggy since I'm probably being paired with people not in the US. Using the ring to cloak myself, I would wait in the distance and attack the host every time he tried to leave the entrance in the road of sacrifices. He would keep summoning people, and I would keep killing them using the crabs and that powerful knight as backup. I would just keep nicking away the host's HP making him heal ever now and then. Maybe we trade blows for 100 hp. I just go back into hiding and let my blessed shield heal me back up so I wouldn't run out of estus flasks. After 3 hours of this he finally runs out of flasks. His currently summoned buddy goes running off to try and find me. He separates himself too much from the host. I go in and finish the host who no longer has any flasks as I still have 4 out of 5 +3 flasks. God damn epic 3 hour fight.
>>
Please stop summoning to help you beat the Dancer. I'm not strong enough and I know for a fact you're not strong enough.
>>
>>334259226
This
>>
>>334259583
Sounds like autism
>>
>>334258714
>Is the difficulty in Dark Souls just a meme?
You only JUST found that out? The games aren't hard, they're just tedious. I started playing Sniper Elite v2 on the hardest difficulty the other day and I got to a part I had to restart at checkpoint for over half an hour before I got past it. It wasn't fun, it was just annoying having to get shot by a guard some place you had no idea there could even be someone, and then restart and slowly get back to the same spot and get past him some way. Souls games are the same. I didn't even bother to finish Demon's Souls. Just play the game alone instead of summoning people. and if it's still boring drop it. You're not obligated to finish boring games.
>>
>>334259226
I'm saving this thread, and specifically this post, for the next Witcher thread.
>>
>>334259746
>/v/ still doesn't know what autism is
Why haven't you guys moved on to misusing another word by now? This is probably the longest I've seen a meme last on this site.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.