[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? This really is a piece of shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10
File: uncharted3_standard_t.jpg (872 KB, 2197x2548) Image search: [Google]
uncharted3_standard_t.jpg
872 KB, 2197x2548
What went wrong? This really is a piece of shit.
>>
>>334256884
Why?
>>
>>334257029
>Unlikable MC
>Unlikable characters
>glitchy gameplay
>buggy gunplay
>terrible enemy AI
>climbing system is very ridged

I could go on but I don't want to waste my time.
>>
They toned down more on the fantastical mythical stuff. It was really disapointing when there was this huge bug buildup for the Djinn only for it to never do anything and never come out of its bronze pot to begin with.

Plus it was short as hell. I got it for christmas and beat it by boxing day afternoon.
>>
>>334257438
Are you calling the whole series garbo or just this game?
>>
>>334257438
You could have actually posted the shitty parts of the game but instead made up crap proving you never played it.
>>
>>334256884
They wrote the BIG EPIC setpieces first and the story second. I'm not even joking.
>>
>>334256884
Naughty Dog's split into two teams. Druckmann, Straley, and Scherr had nothing to do with Deception. I'm not sure if what I'm about to say is the exact way things went down at Naughty Dog, but here is my take:
Balestra and Wells wanted to see if Druckmann was ready to be the creative director of the company, and allowed him to split off and make The Last of Us, while at the same time, testing to see if Hennig was deserving of the title and able to stand on her own. There has been some anecdotal evidence that Hennig was a gigantic baby about her ideas for the game, and that Druckmann was one of the few people that wouldn't allow her to steam roll over him. It stands to reason that Hennig was told that she would have to either take a job under creative director or leave, and I believe she chose the latter. After he departure others that were responsible for Uncharted 3 also left the company.
That is why Drake's Deception feels wrong. Druckmann and Scherr, as well as health doses of North, were responsible for who Drake was. In Deception Drake is wildly out of character for almost the entire game. Richmond and Hennig just didn't know what to do and that is how we ended up with Drake's Deception. Now A Thief's End is nearly here and the character are going to get the proper send of they deserved.
>>
>>334257438
>>Unlikable MC
>>Unlikable characters

objectively incorrect
>>
No replay value, or replaying the game was just not fun because there were too many "cinematic" scenes like young drake, desert trek, ohh ive been drugged scene and some other crap.

I had more fun in two and played that game 10x more than 3.
>>
>>334261198
Based Hennig leaving that shit company.
>>
File: 1312701282101.png (208 KB, 320x356) Image search: [Google]
1312701282101.png
208 KB, 320x356
>no weapon select cheat after you beat the game
>>
Purple buff gorilla men > ghost rider knock off

Seriously, fuck those guys.
>>
>>334261159
This annoyed the hell out of me. I played the game thinking something was a little off. Then I watched the documentaries and they outright state that as a good way to design the game. Made me realise exactly what I found off with the game. random halt in story to go navigate a ship graveyard because reasons.
>>
>>334260778
>I just got the Uncharted collection on PS4. Uncharted 3 didn't have bugs when it came out

The gunplay was so fucked that Naughty Dog had to bring in FANS to try to help them figure out what was wrong. Drake is pretty easy to dislike in three. He suddenly became an obsessive mad man that didn't care about his friends at all and nearly got his surrogate father killed. The story really feels more like Uncharted fan fiction.
>>334261159
And it really fucking shows.
>>
Kid Drake levels, what's up with Naughty Dog and adding shitty gimmicks in sequels.
>>
>>334261606
was fucking fun tho. one of my fav movements in the series
>>
File: 1406434766734.jpg (41 KB, 510x383) Image search: [Google]
1406434766734.jpg
41 KB, 510x383
So what WAS Drake's deception?
>>
>>334261395
Yeah. That was disappointing. They finally re-added the cheats in the Nathan Drake collection version of it
>>
>>334261625
Are you implying that i played the ps4 version? I got the ps3 version and it's fine and mechanically is at least as good or better than 2. It's pretty much how aiming works in InFamous but with a zoom in function.
>>
>>334261682
That his game is good
>>
>pacing too slow at the beginning
>pacing too fast at the end
>same story progression as uncharted 2, but shorter
Played it once and fucked it off
>>
>>334261682
Him being in any way related to Drake.
>>
>>334261606
That whole part made no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>334261682

The deception was the fact that francis drake hid all records of sand atlantis
>>
>>334261341
Off to fuck up someone else's work no doubt.
>>334261606
It is really obvious that the 'B' team made Uncharted 3.
>>
>>334261673
It wasn't purely because the way Drake got through the shipyard was unintuitive. You never felt like you knew where you were going and that led to a sense of wandering aimlessly. Finally getting on to the cruiser (the good bit) was pure luck on Drake's part all for the sake of giving the player cool action whoah..
>>
File: 1459422257332.jpg (37 KB, 609x470) Image search: [Google]
1459422257332.jpg
37 KB, 609x470
>supernatural creatures in the final act
ffs
>>
>>334261892
It's just a theme with the games, like a tradition. I like it and wonder what there will be there for 4.
>>
I still have more fond memories of UC1. Being on an island was comfy af, graphics were amazing for the time, especially when consoles were a long way from getting Crysis.

UC3's ending was trash, nothing was fleshed out or explained properly
>>
>>334256884
It's okay, I never got so fed up I actually put the game down. But it's definitely not worth a second playthrough. I think I went through 2 three times in total.

>>334261803
>get to the desert camp or whatever
>cutscene about some stupid fucking sand demon god or something
>riding on horses to some huge temple with stupid fucking sand demons or something
>literally have not seen or heard anything about this up until that camp cutscene
It felt like a joke.
At least the kid Drake stuff was entertaining.
>>
>>334261947

they subverted it a bit in 3 with the demons just being hallucinations
>>
>>334261892
>supernatural creatures in uncharted
>I didn't play uncharted one or two
>>
>>334261771
You did one of two things.
A: You just played the game on PS4
or
B: You played the game AFTER it was patched on the PS3.
It was far from fine mechanically fine on launch day, hence the 'Uncharted 2' aiming patch.
>>
>>334262096

UC1 had zombie golems
UC2 had the buff blue man group
>>
They split up teams to work on the last of us
>>
>>334262148
I guess it was B, maybe i bought a little later but if it's patched then there is no point in complaining about it.
>>
>>334262207
I honestly wish they stuck with Yetis. Was cooler than buff blue people.
>>
>>334261159

This IS something good though

If uncharted was a game and not a movie
>>
The part in Uncharted 2 where the gorilla dudes fought with the regular enemies was one of the best moments in gaming. I love that shit.
>>
File: 1270880684881.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1270880684881.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
>>334261159
>story comes before gameplay
Naughty Dog fanboys, god you suck
>>
Interestingly, The Last Of Us was the last game I played before I began frequenting /v/. I had never even heard of the term SJW.
I loved TLOU and am hype as fuck for UC4, but I wonder if /v/ has tarnished my ability to enjoy these games in future
>>
>>334261878

The devs pretty much admitted that they shoehorned this part in to the game because they really liked the water level they had designed.
>>
>>334262262
The point was you calling bullshit on the other anon saying that he didn't play the games and was making shit up, when in fact he wasn't.
>>
>>334262352

In a movie game like this, the story DOES take priority over gameplay
nobody plays uncharted for the gunplay
>>
The third game's story suffered.
I remember reading interviews where they said they built the set pieces first and then wrote the story around them.
>>
>>334262575
>nobody plays uncharted for the gunplay
think again
>>
>>334262508
So what? His point is irrelevant because the problem was patched. His point made it seem like the game was still fucked when it's not a problem anymore.
>>
>>334262352
You are an idiot. What these people are saying is that in Uncharted, story AND gameplay should be equally considered. They clearly weren't in Uncharted 3. Most of the fans rate it as the worst in the series.
>>
File: 1436110152568.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1436110152568.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>334256884
But it's literally the same game as 2.
Except the story is complete bullshit.
>>
>>334262667
Then why do people like the multi player and co-op so much? People like climbing and shooting.
>>
>>334262753
oops, meant for
>>334262575
>>
>>334261753
>They fixed that in the collection
>but didn't fix that in the regular version?
Too late then

I think I prefer this multiplayer over 2 and 4 though.
>>
>>334261159
So? It can be good if it was done perfectly, like Fury Road
>>
>>334262685
But the point still stands that you were talking out of your own ass while calling him a liar. Is that clear? The rest of his post was mostly subjective. I thought that it was pretty funny how quick you were to rip into him, while not even taking a moment to really read his post to see if his claims had any veracity.
>>
File: 2300219-0105.jpg (55 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
2300219-0105.jpg
55 KB, 480x270
FUCK THIS PUZZLE
I shit you not I spent an entire hour on this
I found the location you had to point from soon enough, however to place the stick down I always looked down at the pegholes because I thought that was the important part.
Endless repitition of placing the pole down in different holes around the same area, and the only hint the game gave was 'complete the mural' which doesn't mean jack shit. Even the answer page just shows the physical location, which I already had
I had to look at a fucking walkthrough just to figure out you're meant to look at the mural while pressing the button to place down the stick, because even if you place the peg down in the correct hole (which I did multiple times) it doesn't count unless you're looking
>>
>>334256884
Because the B team worked on it, while the A team (Uncharted 2 team) did Last of Us
>>
>>334263006
His first post was misleading, simple as that. But yeah good job i was talking out my own ass.
>>
>>334262857
If it were the summer beta I would agree with you. Uncharted 3's aim assist is broken as fuck in its PVP. You spend more time fighting with the aiming than you do fighting people. Who ever thought that randomized recoil was a good idea needs be hit in the head with something heavy.
>>
>>334263213
No further questions your honor I rest my case.
>>
>>334263291
I haven't noticed that thankfully.

>tfw the only people left playing 3 online are Brazilians/Mexicans with shit connections.
>Naughty Dog has stopped bothering shuffling stages for The Lab

They fixed the animations for climbing (so much smoother) and swingin around is fun but I really hate the knockdown/heal system in the 4 beta.
>>
>>334261198
>2016
>Still crying about Nolan North
Why? North's a great not big for you guy.
>>
>>334263837
In what way was I crying about Nolan North? The implication is that Nolan North is as responsible for Drake as Druckmann, but Hennig didn't give a shit. She wanted no fun allowed and she got it. North couldn't do anything about that except take it. I felt badly for him and all the rest of the cast. Druckmann will let North run off on a tangent while Hennig wants her script stuck to as gospel.
>>
File: 1428691328756.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1428691328756.gif
36 KB, 720x720
>Main villain uses evil hypnosis water the whole game.
>He wants to reach the city so he can get the evil hypnosis water.
>Also he's bulletproof.
>>
File: averagejoe.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
averagejoe.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
>>334256884
Damn cover mechanics really ruined the tps for me OP. So i would go for that in the first place.
>>
>>334264583
Talbot and Marlowe don't make a bit of fucking sense. I'm glad that the majority of people responsible for this game are no longer employees of Naughty Dog.
>>
>>334262746
Only a contrarian would consider Drake's Fortune better then 3. Uncharted 1 is nothing but a generic TPS with some climbing and lacks everything that made 2/3 good. 3 is just a slightly worse version of 2, and its way better than people give it credit for. It didn't add anything new, but it does have the peak of the series in the ship graveyard levels. The thing is it starts off slowly and only gets as good as 2 after a while in, after people have already decided they don't like it. 3 is honestly my favorite, but I can see why most people prefer 2, especially if they played 2 on release. Uncharted 1 though? Its just an Uncharted game without any of the epic adventure or level design that makes the other games so good. For all the bullshit that people give Uncharted games about being a movie, you get a lot of options in how you approach certain parts of the game because the level design is so good in tandem with the climbing and cover system.
>>
>>334265507
I agree with everything here, no sane person can consider 1 better than 3 despite 3's problems.
>>
>>334262857
Uncharted 3 multiplayer is pure horse shit. Especially when compared to the other two. It's just a bunch of assholes running and blind-firing, leaving those who do anything else left with no recourse. Blind-fire should not be the only viable tactic in a goddamn cover shooter.
>>
>>334266182
>Blindfiring should not be a viable tactic
It's not.

People Blindfiring their guns (even the Kal7) were never a problem for me. You simply back up giving them space to run around and shoot their head.

Most of the times you get a team of G.Mal/Sniper Rifle guys who kill you in a couple shots or it's a race to the power weapon.
>>
>>334265507
I'd take Fortune with it's lousy jet-ski and motion controlled grenades over three's shitty gunplay and fanfiction story any day.
>>
>>334256884
Way worse pacing compared to UC2
UC2's pacing was
>Cutscene
>Walking, puzzle solving, characters talking to each other
>Action
But UC3's pace for the first 10 chapter is
>Action
>Cutscene
>30 minutes where you barely shoot anyone, walking to platforms, unlocking levers and such
>Cutscene/narrative
>Action
But after chapter 10 the game improves drastically
>>
>>334256884
Nothing went wrong. Its the best uncharted
>>
>>334261395
>>334262857
I remember asking for an explanation to Christophe Balestra on twitter and he said that it was because of some RAM or VRAM problem on the older versions of PS3 after the slim version came out
They probably had to make a call between keeping them only for one version of the platform or give everyone the same experience
That issue was evident at the beginning because he said that bug or issue would cause stuff to stop loading and that's what happened to me on the chateau the first time I played
>>
>>334266761
Bullshit. I've probably logged six hundred hours into Uncharted 3's multiplayer, and blind fire was overpowered as hell. Blind fire in Uncharted 3 made cover almost fucking useless, and sprint certainly didn't do anything to help the situation. I kept playing it, but only because I was and still am a fan. If I could find games in Among Thieves that weren't in fucking Brazil I would probably still be playing some form of Uncharted multiplayer. Uncharted 4's multiplayer so far is fucking excellent and I hope it stays that way.
>>
>>334266761
>It's not.
Bullshit
I remember there were people on UC3 whose strategy for the whole game was to get near you and blindfire with KAL or Micro
Not even trying to aim, simply getting near and blindfiring
>>
>>334261869
>Hennig
>fuck up

Are you retarded?
>>
>>334261198
>all this sucking Druckmann's cock and trashing Hennig

Eat a bullet you fucking shill.
>>
>>334266765
>over three's shitty gunplay
If shitty gunplay means that much to you why are you playing Uncharted 1?
>>
>>334265352
>Marlowe constantly getting the better of you throughout the game
>finally time to get revenge
>dies in a cutscene
Thanks ND
>>
>>334267227
>>334267495
I still play now.

Kal7 shitters don't get very far compared to the snipers who will drop you in two shots.

Cover and Sprint do fuck all in avoiding these shots though I agree with that.
>>
>>334268148
And as for Micro it's always the melee hit that kills you or the fact that they used their rate of fire machine gun to pump a few bullets into you before going for blindfire
>>
>>334268148
That's because people had the time to actually get good and get you nowhere if you attempt something like that
I remember that the gmal was grossly overpowered and two burst of bullets would kill almost anyone
Of course you needed good aim
I found UC2's multiplayer better though, with everyone starting with the same gun and finding better ones along the road, with the m4 being much better than AK and battles around the grenade launcher
I still remember how good survival and treasure hunt were and the fanservice with the Playstation exclusive skins pack
Dammit those were good times
>>
I like Nathan Drake a lot and the MP of these games are fun. I still play U3 deathmatch occasionally.
>>
>>334256884
I hve a few complaints
>Sequel bait with "I know you aren't really drake"
>British dude is apparently magic I guess. Like how did he do half the shit he did?
>Too many loud set pieces. Plane was great but the boat was pointless and overkill.
>QTE final boss
>Not enough Charlie
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCg64h-JVz0
>>
>>334270352
I think the not real Drake is going to be addressed in A Thief's End. Hennig is a moron.
>>
Amy Hennig
>>
>>334270802
this guy doesn't know what he's talking about at all by nitpicking minor details.

"oh you flip through locations too much and there's too many setpieces"

so what? it's a fucking video game. Also, the young Drake moments were fucking stellar and gave great foreshadowing. Makes the walking through the sands and horseback jeep chase sequence easily the highlight of the entire series. there's so much riding on the line and it's ENTIRELY interactive and groundbreaking.

also, 3 has nearly the best soundtrack in ALL of gaming history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJPu3Q7eR_o
>>
>>334271735
Exactly this.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.